[Jean] Chapter 8: The Wind Temple Priest's Decision

Started by Throndir, December 08, 2018, 09:49:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

《Chapter 8: The Wind Temple Priest's Decision》
[info]《Summary
Jean continues to train. Dalina eventually comes back and tells Jean that the priests have decided to help.

Characters Met
Anja

Returning Characters
Gust, Ren, Slimeling, Dalina

Information
Bird companions, Religion system

Developments
Late evening activities and power experiments.[/info]
Quote"What's going on?  The whole temple just shook!"  Jean looked to her, grinning with determination.  "Training!"  He said as he began pounding  away at the stone.

"Let him do vat he vants Priestess of ze Hero!" Vitaliya said laughing. "You can tell ze old geezers this is to help ze hero get his bearings."

Dalina sighed but eventually sat down.

You had been hard at training for almost 12 hours now, in a previous life, that amount of strenuous activity would have been exhausting. But for you right now, it wasn't at all that bad. You didn't even realize how much time had passed during your time first learning how to fight with your fists, sparring with Vitaliya and Renenutet, then performing feats in conjunction with your tentacles.

"Plus, its interesting seeing ze power of a hero... He's made amazing progress, and has more stamina to boot."

"Well, it's a good thing at least one of us is fired up. The council meeting only now got out. You have no idea how much convincing I had to do to get them to side with us. But they have! It doesn't change the fact that the summoning circle won't work again for another couple hundred years, but they seem to have come to the conclusion that they should make the best with what they have..."

"It took some trying, but they all agreed to help you in your journey Jean. Getting setup with any training, equipment, shelter, or any other resource we could offer. We're letting you choose and take a companion bird egg as well. Anyways Jean, count yourself lucky!"

"Anyways, my little sister came back from her studies an hour or two ago, she held off eating until I get back though. You could continue your training here if you want... But since you'll be staying with us, we could have you two meet first."

pringerbeam

Jean wiped the sweat from his brow.  "A companion bird?  That seems like quite the honor."  He said as he walked over to Dalina and Vitaliya.  "Are you sure that's a good idea?  Surely they are a valuable defense asset for the island.  How many are there?"  Jean asked.  His stomach rumbled and he became aware of his hunger.  He had had a simple meal of bread and water for lunch and his hunger was given new life by Dalina's mention of eating.  "Maybe we can talk about it over dinner?"  He started making his way out of the training hall.  "Thank you for your training Vitaliya.  I'll see you tomorrow."

Throndir

"Just remember! You're training's not done. I expect to see you back here to train... Not sure vat your goals are after we land on Mount Velothia, but zat gives us a week to get down the basics at least."

With that, Dalina lead her way back to her home. As the two of you were walking, Dalina started to explain.

"Each member on our island has a companion bird, then there are still some of those left without owners. If I were to guess maybe 350 of them? We decided that the hero who would be summoned would get one before you were summoned. The meeting today was going over deciding whether or not they think you would take care and raise the bird well... But once everyone decided to support you in the fight against the demons, it naturally followed suite that the birds are included."

"I couldn't help but notice you already have your tentacle girl minion, and then there's that slime? So maybe you can take care of things okay... Usually young ones are given a newborn to take care of at an early age, and they bond with it for life."

Location: New World - Wind Temple of Velothia - Dalina's Home
Date: Day 1 - Evening

Upon nearing her home, the lights in the house were lit, and there was a short girl, with green hair as well, who stood at the entrance waving at the two of you.

"Sister! And... the... umm..." The girl said hesitantly.

You notice Ren tense up, you also saw her look dangerously towards the little girl. Licking her lips, Ren's tentacles seemed to twitch in excitement.

pringerbeam

"Well I'm honored.  What can you tell me about the birds?  I see they are capable to changing their size and are able to speak but do they have any other special powers?"

"The hero...."  Jean said, looking at Ren's hungry eyes.  "Ren, you should ask first." He said, crouching down to the girl's level.  "This is one of my companions: Renenutet.  She's a bit eager to meet you.  Would it be alright if she embraced you?  It's alright if you don't want to but she's perfectly friendly, if not otherwise harmless.  She just isn't used to meeting new people.  Isn't that right Ren?"  He said, adding some command to his words as he looked at Ren.

Throndir

"They have some innate control over the wind. The reason why they're so adept at it, is because it's said that these were the birds that our Goddess of Air once raised herself, and left on our world to guide her followers."

Location: New World - Wind Temple of Velothia - Dalina's Home
Date: Day 1 - Evening

"Oh... so you were the hero... Aren't you supposed to be naked?" The girl asked bluntly. "But if the lady Renen... Renenet... Renenetunent wants to embrace me, okay... It's just an emb-"

Ren's tentacles shot forward in glee, and within a moment, they wrapped themselves up around the girl, snaking up her legs, and holding her aloft.

"W-wh-" The little girl was in shock.

"Jean! Tell her to stop! Ren!" Dalina complained. "Nothing weird to my sister!"

Ren glanced at you innocently as her tentacles continued to wrap themselves around the girl, now venturing up her shirt as well.

"Master... I asked for permission, didn't I?"

pringerbeam

Jean put his hand on Ren's shoulder. "Slow down there Ren.  Remember that these people are not used to your touch.  Be more gentle, a soft touch, like this."  He took his other hand and gently brushed a single lock of hair from Ren's brow with the back of his hand.  "For now, that's enough.  You'll need to learn to live with these people without offending them.  We can work on that."  Jean turned back to Dalina's sister.  "I'm sorry about that.  She's not used to this stuff.  If it makes you feel better she greeted your sister the same way."  Jean stroked his beard.  "I don't suppose you have something that I can use to deal with this?  I'm not one for facial hair."

Throndir

The little girl was in complete shock, not understanding what had just happened.

Dalina ran over to her sister, checking up on her.

"Ren! Apologize! I thought we were through with the weird things..." Dalina frowned.

Ren on the other hand moved her tentacles towards you, beginning to wrap themselves around in a bid for comfort. Surprisingly, Ren started to hide behind your back, but wouldn't meet Dalina's gaze.

Dalina sighed.

"We have a razer that we can use for that... I can help you with it later if you want Jean." She turned back towards her sister who was still in shock.

"Anja? Little sis?"

pringerbeam

"So you have some sense of propriety after-all."  Said Jean as he looked Ren's discomfort. "I'll take you up on your offer Dalina, but first..."  Jean turned and looked over his shoulder at Ren.  "Come on."  He said, moving to the side and putting his hand on Ren's waist, pulling her up next to him and exposing her to Dalina and her sister.  "Apologize to Dalina's sister.  If you do it well I'll find something to reward you with later.  For now, we'll wait on dinner until you make your apology."

Throndir

Ren glanced at you then back to the two girls, then back at you again. She kept this motion up for a few times, until she finally spoke.

"Master... I have to apologize?" She held her tongue though, realizing shortly that you had given her a command. She seemed to hesitate still, and she couldn't quite look at the little sister in the eyes.

"I'm sorry little flat human. Please forgive Renenutet." Ren finally said bowing her head and upper body towards the little girl.

"N-no... that's ok-" Anja paused mid-sentence. "W-wait, flat?!"

"You are like a little man." Ren said confirming.

The little girl looked like she was about to explode.

pringerbeam

"HEY DALINA WHAT'S FOR DINNER?"  Jean said loudly, trying to redirect and hopefully diffuse the young girl's pent up emotions.  "I'm pretty hungry after all that training.  What about you Ren?  Actually, do you eat at all?  I don't think I saw you eating back in the realm but then I don't think I did either.  Have you ever eaten anything before?"

Throndir

Anja was about to start on a rampage, but Dalina quickly covered her little sisters mouth, and all there was was a bunch of muffled sounds. Ren didn't seem to pay much attention though, seemingly oblivious to the little girl's distress.

"I haven't eaten anything before Master... My other master never saw a reason to, I was sustained by his power alone and nothing else... When I'm... like this..." She gestured towards her body. "I sustain myself through your power... But I can eat too..." The tentacles she wrapped around you squeezed a bit tighter.

"I can consume any kind of fluids you'd like me to master."

"I think you already know this Jean... But your minion is a bit perverted. And Anja, you can't be loud!" Dalina said. When Anja calmed down, Dalina released her sister.

"I just need to grow a bit!" Anja finally said, storming back into the house. You heard her call out from the home. "Dinner is ready!"

Dalina sighed again.

"We take turns cooking... Since I wasn't home on time, Anja prepared something. Jean... I'm not sure what came over you to be... well, normal? But I think your minion still has a little bit of a villain streak in her." The girl said eyeing Ren.

Ren, however, just smiled in response.

pringerbeam

"Well maybe you should try it!  Food tastes... Well it tastes.  I don't know if you've never eaten anything so I don't know if you know what that sense even does, but maybe you'll find you like it.  Hopefully, it will give you enough of a sensory experience that it will temper your other inclinations."  Said Jean as they made their way into the humble home.  "She's not a villain.  She's just not used to this world.  I only spent a small amount of time where she comes from and trust me, it is not a place to take lightly.  Here, everyone is soft and pleasant.  There, there is only torment.  It skews one's perspective when anything short of horrific torture would be considered a loving embrace."

Throndir

pringerbeam

[info]Diplomacy Check
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+1 : 9 + 1, total 10[/blockquote][/info]

Throndir

"I can get not being used to this world... Both you and her were just summoned here after all." Dalina said agreeing, but she still continued to eye Ren harshly.

"I'll give her a benefit of a doubt sure, since she is your companion. Though, she's not really a part of you or anything. I'm confused how she managed to come along with the summoning earlier, but from what you've told me so far, you've had some amazing circumstances so maybe that would warrant it."

"Anyways Ren, I'm willing to get to know you better, but you are not allowed to do any more weird things okay? Nothing like what you did to the temple priests earlier today when Jean and I left..." Dalina shivered. But a moment later she stuck her hand out in a handshake gesture.

"So... promise?"

Ren looked at the proffered hand, then back towards you. You could tell that Ren didn't want to agree to something like it, and her eyes looked pleadingly towards you.