[Hanako] Chapter 3: Herr Klein's 'Properties'

Started by Throndir, December 03, 2018, 09:44:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asta

After Trudy left, Hanako slipped out of her clothes and clambered into the tub. Once in the water, the mental fatigue of the day seemed to fade away (at least on the surface). Oh lord that feels good she thought to herself.

She let herself soak for at least ten minutes, just enjoying the heat, then washed away whatever grim had accumulated on her from the days events. Afterwards she resumed her soak and let her mind wander. She thought about those odd green windows, wondering if there were others that she could pull up.

Throndir

Your mind recalls the first time they appeared. Even though they flashed only briefly, and it has been sometime, you were still able to recall it well.

[okay]You have gained a new title『Summoned Hero』
You have gained『Quick Learner』
You have gained『Mana Sensitivity』
You have gained『Translate All』
You have gained『Personal Status』
You have gained『Slavemancer』
You have gained a new title『Slavemancer』
You have gained『Item Speaker』
You have gained a new title『Item Speaker』
You leveled up.
You leveled up.
You leveled up.
You leveled up.
You leveled up.
You leveled up.
You leveled up.
You leveled up.
You leveled up.
You leveled up.
You are now level 15. Spend your unallocated points.[/okay]

Asta

Hrmm, nothing new. Hanako thought, a little frustrated. The window must mean something, what was the point in displaying all of that information if you couldn't see it collected elsewhere. It's like the kind of thing you see in the chat box in an MMO, but there's no status menu so whats the point? The entire thing made her head hurt, she would have to ask Trudy if she knew anything about it later.

[info]If there's nothing else going on Hanako is ready to get out, get dressed and move on with the night.[/info]

Throndir

The moment you thought the word 'status', a notification appeared'

[okay]Silent invocation not yet unlocked.[/okay]

Asta

A new window popped up, since she hadn't been trying to do anything it almost startled her. Oh what? Silent invocation... when I was thinking about... "Status." she said out loud.

Throndir

With that a new window appeared.

[okay]Hanako Okita
Slavemancer
Level 15

Condition: Slightly Injured, Drowsy

HP: 25/28
MP: 4/34
STR: 18 +
DEX: 22 +
CON: 18 +
INT: 21 +
WIS: 9 +
CHA: 10 +
MAG: 22 +

Blessings: Quick Learner, Mana Sensitivity, Translate All, Personal Status, Item Speaker, Slavemancer

You have 3 unspent ability points.[/okay]At the same time, you were notified that you earned a new title.

[okay]You have gained a new title『She Who Knows of Status』
You have gained +1 INT[/okay]

Asta

"Oh-ho! There it is!" Hanako exclaimed cheerfully. "Now we're getting somewhere!"

The statistics she saw would be familiar to anyone that played MMOs or tabletop games, so for her they were basically self explanatory. She was amused to see how dexterous she was, and frowned at the low wisdom score. Hmm what are these ability points...?

Throndir

The moment you focused on the low wisdom score, another translucent green window appeared.

[okay]Focus on 『WIS』
Represents willpower, common sense, awareness, and intuition. [/okay]

Asta

Mmmm... yeah I guess that score probably does fit... I wonder if those points can be used to increase it.

She tried to focus her thoughts on increasing the number next to 'WIS' by way of the 'ability points' that she apparently had.

Throndir

The number went up by one and the unspent ability points reduced by one as well.

[okay]Hanako Okita
Slavemancer
Level 15

STR: 18 +
DEX: 22 +
CON: 18 +
INT: 21 +
WIS: 10 +
CHA: 10 +
MAG: 22 +

Blessings: Quick Learner, Mana Sensitivity, Translate All, Personal Status, Item Speaker, Slavemancer

You have 2 unspent ability points.[/okay]

Asta

Ahhh, I see... Lets just go ahead and dump the rest of those in there...

Hanako focused again on manipulating the 'WIS' stat this time willing the two remaining points to allocate there.

Throndir

The number went up, and when you spent the last point, you noticed the 'plus' sign disappear.

[okay]Hanako Okita
Slavemancer
Level 15

STR: 18
DEX: 22
CON: 18
INT: 21
WIS: 12
CHA: 10
MAG: 22

Blessings: Quick Learner, Mana Sensitivity, Translate All, Personal Status, Item Speaker, Slavemancer[/okay]

Asta

"Handy." she said as the number increased. "Well I guess I should get out soon, I'm starting to prune."

With that she rose from the tub and went about finding a towel to dry off. Once dry, she got dressed again and wandered out of the bathroom to find Trudy.

Throndir

Trudy was still outside, seated on one of the chairs a short distance away from the bathroom, it looked like she was deep in thought, but perked up immediately when she noticed you. There were two other soldiers who were talking to her quietly as well, when they noticed you, they saluted.

Trudy broke the silence.

"Hanako... Well, never mind... We'll talk about it later, we still don't know what we'll do with Klein's contact this morning too."

"I was thinking about what you said earlier. You know... learning magic and using the sword? Does this mean you'll help us all? We're thankful and glad that you helped us here. Once the slaves are free, some of us were thinking of trying to leave the country, but... There's so many more of my people, good people, in situations like this. If you think this is bad... it's worse in the border towns."

"I'm sorry, I think I got carried away. You wanted to be taught magic or how to use a sword right? We can focus on that for now." Trudy said as she picked herself up.

Asta

"Whenever you wanna tell me, go ahead I'm all ears." she said, whatever she had on her mind it was probably serious but Hanako felt it was better not to force people if they didn't feel like talking.

Hanako listened carefully as Trudy expressed concerns about the rest of the country, helping them out, and finally her dismissing what she had said to return to the idea of training. As eager as she was to learn a bit more about magic, she thought it might be prudent to get at least a loose grasp on the situation that she had been summoned into.

"Actually, I had been meaning to ask you some things about whats going on around here but I haven't had the chance yet. You mentioned that situations like the one with Klein were pretty par for the course after your country fell? Can you maybe catch me up to speed on whats been going on? I'm more than happy to help if I can, whatever one person might be able to do, but the more info I have the better I can lend a hand."