[Fred] Chapter 4: The Dark Ravens of Miyang

Started by Throndir, September 03, 2018, 08:35:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linwelin

Ohhh? Magic? Mana? Wonder what that is? Same with Experience, I've no idea what this is saying. hopefully someone around here knows more. Fred muses to himself while giving a sidelong glance to the child beside him. If only this child would speak. I could ask the rest, but as a noble she might have heard stories. Recognition flashes across his mind. Noble? Wait, didn't Fen Fen say she was former royalty? Well, I suppose I can't talk now, but I'll catch up with her once she's collected herself.

Fred then continues through the list, Understanding all languages? Wow, I would've loved that in my old life. I wonder if I can speak to my own kind? It says 'all spoken'. I suppose some is bodily movement and gestures, but I'm familiar with those, so it should be doable...

I guess I already figured out Status, for the most part. and Personal Status- Oh? Destroy has new text? 'Invocation is quicker'? What does that mean? Maybe there's less delay between use and occurrence. But it was already fast...I'll have to try later.

Fred gave out a sigh. "Well, that's everything of import in that view for now." Fred mutters to himself. "But can I really only sense mana? I could see Ki, too. I wonder if they're similar enough that it's included in the skill. Let's see..."

Fred begins examining his body with his eyes, looking for a similar aura to Lai Ju or Lai Fen. Thinking back to if, she didn't seem to look at herself when she brought out her Ki, her eyes were distant, deep in thought...is it something from the mind? Internal? I don't even know my body well... Fred closes his eyes to examine himself, hoping to mimic what he'd seen. Blood flow is good...breathing is steady...hmm, a different section of my body rises and falls than when I was a bird. A bit lower? And depending how I relax and tense my muscles, a different section rises and falls...heart seems to be around the same spot...beating a lot slower. Now that I've taken a chance to look and inspect, this body is surprisingly comfortable. But where does that energy come from? It didn't pour out of a single spot, it just kind of shot out of every surface of the body...

Fred's internal monologue continued for a while as he inspected every mental and physical detail about himself. If it's not from a single point...is it all of it? Is it this same cycling feeling I get? Like my blood flow and breathing combined leads to this net that courses through my muscles. Is Ki just my vitality? My life force? What if that feeling, instead of randomly netting through my muscles, diverted toward the skin? Is that it? Can I do it? Can a human have that kind of control of their body?

[info]Fred spends the remainder of time trying to find that internal energy and bring it to the surface, like the two sisters had done before.

If I need to roll for anything, let me know.[/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Throndir

QuoteI'll have you roll at the end of your training session.

[info]Heroic Action Point gained[/info]For the next 30 minutes, you spend the time attempting to meditate and look into yourself. You felt within yourself what seemed to be a reservoir of some sort, but you weren't sure if that was the 'Ki' that Lai Fen and Lai Ju had talked about.

[info]Continue to Chapter 5: A Change of Leadership[/info]