[Amelia] Chapter 3: The True Summoned Hero of Bürsteig

Started by Throndir, August 16, 2018, 04:14:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mysticsage

"You seem awfully flustered about something Nyx," Amelia said her aura not diminishing in the proccess as she almost to gently pet him. "You know, I have raised you since you were a kitten and I've been able to read your expressions even before you could talk. I've learned well over the years when you are guilty and trying to hide something. Now that I think about it, I don't remember mentioning anything about Titles. You know something about this, don't you? You should know that I'm going to find out the truth eventually right? Why not just tell me what's on your status screen? What Titles do you have?"

Throndir

Mysticsage

[info]intimidate
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+2 : 18 + 2, total 20[/blockquote]
[/info]

Throndir

"Well... Let's see... Summoned Hero, From Another World, Power Conduit, Healer, He Who Knows of Status..."

Then his voice quieted.

[info]Intimidate: 20
Nyx complies.[/info]"...Master of a Human..."

Mysticsage

"That last one..." Her murderous intent spiked hard as she seemed like she might just be ready to kill something. "I had a feeling there was something like that!"

Then just as it seemed like she might go over the edge she closed her eyes and took a deep breath and like smoke from a locomotive engine, she exhaled releasing the pressure of her rage along with it. With a practiced expertise, she caged the dragon screaming to be let out and go on a rampage in an instant. "I shouldn't let a stupid spell get me so worked up. It's up to us say what our own relationship and path is no matter what others think.  I have to trust you would never treat me as a servant, just like you can always rely on being my cherished friend Nyx.  After all, you said yourself something like titles doesn't matter."

"We have a lot of things are going to change in the future, so it's better we trust each other than to worry about the small stuff."
Nyx would know from experience that Amelia was still fuming as she battled her own sense of pride and yet still managed to smile in earnest. She was gripping the sheets so hard that her knuckles were turning white even though she had yet to notice herself. She was a woman of strong emotions and even stronger morals she refused to explode needlessly especially when it might cause others collateral damage. To those who were not familiar with her might see her as an airhead but anyone who knew her from childhood or in private knew just how fiery she really was when the locks in her heart came off.

Throndir

"Y-Yes... I agree..." Nyx said, still tense from the situation.

"I will most definitely not treat you as a servant! Hahaha..." Nyx gulped, but a moment later he let out a chortle.

"So it looks like I'm the one who is... a 'summoned hero'? And from what it seems like... You are to be a queen? Managing a country from taking care of an antique shop is a pretty big jump."

Mysticsage

"You're telling me, my head is already spinning with everything I'm going to have to learn and deal with if we want to make it out of this in one piece. Luckily I'm a quick study and you know as well as I do how eccentric my whole family is. Hopefully, the two of us can manage to avoid getting kidnapped or killed." Amelia paused thinking.

"you know how you healed me right? Do you think you could do something similar for the King's wife? Even if she's in some kind of trance perhaps your power conduit ability would allow her to communicate with us? The goodwill that would get us even with a partial success would ensure that we at least can stay here with the royal family's support. We should ask the king to her chamber tonight and see if it works."

"The two of us have always made a good pair, you know that?"
She smiled, "I think together we might just be able to get a handle on this.

Throndir

"Hmm... The blessing I have that seems to be associated with that title 'Power Conduit', is actually called 'Energy Transfer'. I've been playing around with it, and I've so far found out I can give my 'mana' to others. But using it for different purposes? That's is quite intriguing, I admit I haven't tried that yet."

"For the healing I used, it comes from another blessing, one called 'Restore'. I for one know that was able to heal your wounds... But when I had checked my status after, it was rather costly for my MP. But I would be willing to try it on the queen. I had actually thought about it when we were with the king back in the queen's chambers."

Mysticsage

"It's worth a shot, regardless I imagine foresight like hers costs a lot of mana. After all, that's why Odin has to go into the Odin sleep because it takes so much energy. So I'm sure her body must conserve energy to just keep going." She chewed on the thought. If she only woke up today Nyx may need some time to prepare himself with enough energy for later so it was worth waiting till he was at his peak. "We'll deal with it tonight it should hopefully make moving around the castle easier regardless and we can try to talk things through. Are you going to stay here and rest or do you want to ride in my bag while I'm out?"

Throndir

"It's the first time you're going out... I'd rather be around just in case. I spent yesterday going through the town, and exploring the city a bit. Though... There is something you need to know. There have been... some shady individuals when you were unconscious that were on the castle grounds last night. They didn't look like any of the guards, and how they were moving made me think they were trying to avoid being detected. I scared one off..."

"Which reminds me, have you tried to cast magic yet? We need to have you try it..." Nyx asked the hypothetical question.

Mysticsage

Amelia blinked swallowing smart ass retort responded, "While casting magic is something I've dreamed about doing as a little girl. If it's anything like martial arts I don't have any kind of training. And regardless, when in the past five hours that I've been conscious would I have the time to try?"

"So please," she said sarcastically waving her arms around the space as she stood up, "Since you've already been testing things out. I'm open to suggestions on trying anything at the moment. How should I attempt to cast magic? I assume you've been sneaking around and learning a number of things about the castle and the people in it so anything you learned would be of help. We have until the siblings get back to try Anything you can think of."

Throndir

"First close your eyes, you should be able to sense mana?"

QuoteSince Amelia isn't a Hero, she does not have the Mana Sensitivity power, and does not have for free the [Sense Mana] and [Use Mana] techniques and must be trained for. Right now your character won't be able to sense the mana in her until she has training.

Since you'll likely be the first one jumping into this system, please take a look at the Training doc and give out your feedback and comments.

Mysticsage

Amelia closed her eyes attempting to center herself like she had been trained in her judo classes. She could feel her own breathing, the weight of her limbs, the sense of the space. But in terms of anything foreign or different, she was drawing a blank. She stood there for a few heartbeats until she was feeling ridiculous, "If something is supposed to be happening I'm coming up empty. I'm not surprised considering I'm not supposed to be here in the first place any sensitivity you have was completely lost on me. I'm going to need some actual teaching." she sighed. "I'll just add it to the list, maybe this Barnaby knows something."

[info]I'll write up additional notes as we go and what not no worries feel free to test whatever you want with me :D[/info]

Throndir

"Hmm... That might explain that 'Mana Sensitivity' blessing I have... I'm not entirely sure how new mages begin learning how to cast spell. There are a couple of mages that practice out in the fields at times. Since you're the provisional queen, the court mage might even be willing to show if you can do it. As for... Father Barnabas? I've actually met him already. He was there with everyone else when we first appeared here, and I ran into him in town yesterday... He's a unique one."

Mysticsage

"Unique how? What did you think of him?" She said before bitting back any further comment[b], "It doesn't matter I'm going to be working with everyone in the castle regardless so for the time being it won't change anything to come in with preconceived notions."[/b]