[IC] Rivals

Started by Throndir, December 11, 2013, 06:32:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

Both parties cleaned up their streets, slaying skeleton after skeleton. There were many of them, and judging by just how large the city of Ternadan was, it dawned on you that the entire city must have been infested with the skeletons. You were glad that the guild had dispatched parties to help exterminate the threat; likely the Silver Arms, as well as the City Guards had also taken up arms and cleaning up the streets in their own prospective areas.

It didn't take long for the group of guild members to meet, though, both had been busy with their own fights, and even now, there was no time to rest as skeletons emerged from the south. You could scarcely believe that the skeletons seemed to come out of nowhere. You weren't sure if they had been summoned there, or if they simply came into being. But whatever was happening, you were able to see more down south.

At the very least you had more companions, and as each of the member's guild emblems shone brightly in the daylight sun, you knew the group could not falter.

Oath

Ryine caught sight of some more of his companions, it seemed like it was time to finish this guy off so they could advance together to clear some more of the city. Surely if there were this many skeletons around there had to be something powerful controlling them, or influencing them in some other way. Though it was not his field of specialty, at least he could help with the whole subduing part if it came to that.

Raising his hammer once more, Ryine swung at the large skeleton in front of him, hoping that the others didn't need to come and get entangled with this particular aberration.

[spoiler] Swinging at the large skeleton.
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+6 : 5 + 6, total 11[/blockquote]
if hit This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d8+3 : 3 + 3, total 6[/spoiler]

InhumanRonin

Oh thank the heavens reinforcements are on the way!, I think to myself. Ryine lets dispose of this thing so we can move on. Upon seeing reinforcements I swing the mace with much more vigor than before. [spoiler][blockquote]Rolled 1d20+2 : 3 + 2, total 5[/blockquote] if hit [blockquote]Rolled 1d8 : 2, total 2[/blockquote] [/spoiler]
Famous last words- DONT WORRY GUYS I GOT THIS!

GG - Henon     

jammermoore

As I got into position to charge the big skeleton, I decide it's time to use rage then charge.
[spoiler]
I temporarily gains a +4 bonus to Strength, a +4 bonus to Constitution, and a +2 morale bonus on Will saves, but he takes a -2 penalty to Armor Class. I also get 2 hit points points per level. Rage last for 3+ New CON Bonus (5) = 8 rounds
I charge the skeleton
Rolled 1d20+10 : 9 + 10, total 19
If hit
Rolled 1d10+8 : 10 + 8, total 18
[/spoiler] 

Mysticsage

Kryas sees everyone fighting and decides to sing a heroic song to bolster everyone's effectiveness.

Throndir

Zurgug charged, and the skeleton was smashed as the half-orc came up on top of the rubble of bones.

In the distance the group sees two pairs of skeletal creatures with long arms. They were standing still as their glowing red eyes stared blankly into space.

[spoiler]
Rolls/Effects/Summary:
[spoiler]
Round 1 begins.
Ryine: Misses.
Henon: Misses.
Zurgug: Enters rage, charges and kills skeleton.
Kryas: Uses Inspire Courage
[/spoiler]

Stats:
[spoiler]
QuoteRound 1 in progress - Still to move: Aria, Jorn, Lyolf, Uli, Vlad, Saendal

Missed Turns
Aria: 1
Jorn: .5
Kryas: 1
Lyolf: 1.5
Saendal: 2 (max)
Zurgug: 2 (max)

Damage Dealt
Skeleton Archer: 3

Spells/Abilities/Potions/Items used since the day:
Lyolf
Mage Armor
Flask of Oil
Flask of Oil
Flask of Oil (given to Kryas)
Flask of Oil
True Strike
Detect Magic

Kryas
Ghost Sound
Alchemist's fire flask
Flask of Oil
Detect Magic
Summon Monster I

Vladimir
Vial of Blood
True form

Jornathel
Magic Missile
Magic Missile
Magic Missile

Aria
Cure Light Wounds
Cure Light Wounds
Cure Light Wounds

Party HP Lethal|Non-Lethal
All: Inspire Courage (+1 vs charm/fear, +1 atk/dmg, 5 rounds)
Aria: 14/14,
Henon: 6/7,
Jornathel: 20/20, 21 AC, Mage Armor (+4 AC, long time)
Kryas: 18/18,
Lyolf: 12/12, Mage Armor (long time), Child of Shadows (Concealment, 1 round)
-Uli: 6/6, Mage Armor (long time)
Ryine: 12/38,
Saendal: 7/7,
-Max: ?/?,
Vladimir: 11/15|9/15
Zurgug: 5/15,

Area Effects
Bright sunlight (city)
[/spoiler]

Map:
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Neko

Aria felt a sense of relief as another group of guildies came around the corner. She had no doubt they'd be able to rid the town of the skeletons now! As the second large skeleton was beaten, Aria took a moment to cast a spell on her falchion. She held it out in front of her, the sword bursting into flames.

[spoiler]
Using sun metal on falchion.
[/spoiler]

Throndir

Casting her spell, Aria's falchion began to glow brighter, until it finally ignited it flames. The fires were strong, but yet it did not harm to Aria.

[spoiler]
Rolls/Effects/Summary:
[spoiler]
Round 1 begins.
[/spoiler]

Stats:
[spoiler]
QuoteRound 1 in progress - Still to move: Jorn, Lyolf, Uli, Vlad, Saendal

Missed Turns
Jorn: .5
Lyolf: 1.5

Damage Dealt

Lyolf
Mage Armor
Flask of Oil
Flask of Oil
Flask of Oil
True Strike
Detect Magic

Kryas
Ghost Sound
Alchemist's fire flask
Flask of Oil
Detect Magic
Summon Monster I

Vladimir
Vial of Blood
True form

Jornathel
Magic Missile
Magic Missile
Magic Missile

Aria
Cure Light Wounds
Cure Light Wounds
Cure Light Wounds

All: Inspire Courage (+1 vs charm/fear, +1 atk/dmg, 5 rounds)
Aria: 14/14, Sun Metal (+1d4 fire dmg, 4 rounds)
Ryine: 12/38,

Area Effects
Bright sunlight (city)
[/spoiler]

Map:
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Oath

Seeing the large creatures that have appeared to the south, Ryine goes to do what he does best. He quickly dashes down to block their path to the more fragile members of the party and procures a healing potion to help withstand the blows that will be forthcoming.

"Stay safe, my fellows! Approach carefully, we don't know what these abominations can do!"

[spoiler] Ryine moves 2 squares south-east and drinks a potion of cure light wounds.

Potion: [blockquote]Rolled 1d8+1 : 7 + 1, total 8[/blockquote][/spoiler]

Lance

The elf sighed as the battle continued unabated. Just where HAD that precocious bird gone? Lyolf wondered. And what could possibly be delaying its report? He was uncharacteristically impatient as he thought these things, but that was understandable given the nature of the feelings his familiar faced.

For through their shared link, the magus was able to garner several slight feelings of wonder and amazement-feelings that should have had no place during such an occasion. Furthermore, it may have been his imagination, but he felt as if great magics were being cast in the vicinity-even reaching and surpassing the level of magics behind the undead forces.

But there was nothing he could do to speed his familiar's report. So rather than let time pass idly by, Lyolf resorted to killing time by killing that which should already by dead.

[spoiler=Actions]
Setting Lyolf to level 3 and attacking the remaining undead, then moving as far south as possible.

Spiked Chain Attack: [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+7 : 10 + 7, total 17[/blockquote]
Spiked Chain Damage: [blockquote]Rolled 2d4+6 : 2, 1 + 6, total 9[/blockquote]
[/spoiler]
"A wish? Okay, genie, make me a ham sandwich."

Manzokushi

It was hard to make out the exact tempo of the battle. All around undead continued to find their way through nooks and crannies within the city area. It was an odd sensation one of both wonder and determination as the battlefield unfolded before the sorcerer. His masters had prepared him for such situations he had even been trained to lead and command those around him. However, Jorn was still not fully comfortable taking that position of responsibility. Those he had trained with were all seasoned veterans of the Sword Singers. The Guild members were a confusing lot a mixture of people from all over the world. Perhaps that had been the goddess?s intent all along. He was to learn the place of his peers and adapt to unknowns. He sighed, supposing this inner monolog had run its course.

Jorn proceeds south at his maximum movement speed for a single move action.

The sorcerer?s words echo around to all those within ear shot, ?Fear not guilders this is the time we should unite our weapons. The battle is now joined, be prepared, stand strong and forever vigilant. With the powers of divine and arcane at our disposal, no force may stand against us! So, unite and let us lock step and prepare for whatever undead monstrosities await.?

[spoiler]Casting Blood Line Spell: Bless at the end of the movement.[/spoiler]

A large smile crossed his face, this was his element his place among peers. The time to stand strong was now or never. The rigid line between life and death that is where the meaning of it all could truly be found.

Throndir

The rest of the party gather, as Ryine takes the lead at the front. The larger skeletons down south do not move however. They stood deathly still. Though as Ryine continued to move forward, an arrow shot towards him. The arrow was clumsily released however, and the arrow missed its mark completely, hitting the road ear Ryine instead.

[spoiler]
Rolls/Effects/Summary:
[spoiler]
Round 1 begins.
Round 1 ends, Ryine forces next round. Missed turns: Jorn, Lyolf, Uli, Vlad, Saendal
Round 2 begins.
Ryine: Use Potion of Light Wounds
Lyolf: Kills skeleton, moves S.
Jornathel: Moves S casts Bless.
Trolls: Do nothing.
[/spoiler]

Stats:
[spoiler]
QuoteRound 2 in progress - Still to move: Aria, Jorn, Kryas, Lyolf, Uli, Ryine, Saendal, Vlad, Zurgug

Missed Turns
Jorn: 1
Lyolf: 2
Vladimir: .5

Damage Dealt

Lyolf
Mage Armor
Flask of Oil
Flask of Oil
Flask of Oil
True Strike
Detect Magic

Kryas
Ghost Sound
Alchemist's fire flask
Flask of Oil
Detect Magic
Summon Monster I

Vladimir
Vial of Blood
True form

Jornathel
Magic Missile
Magic Missile
Magic Missile
Blood Line Spell: Bless

Aria
Cure Light Wounds
Cure Light Wounds
Cure Light Wounds

Ryine
Potion of Cure Light Wounds

All: Inspire Courage (+1 vs charm/fear, +1 atk/dmg, 4 rounds), Bless (+1 atk, +1 vs fear, 4 min))
Aria: 14/14, Sun Metal (+1d4 fire dmg, 4 rounds)
Ryine: 20/38,

Area Effects
Bright sunlight (city)
[/spoiler]

Map:
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Linwelin

Vladimir continued to hack and slash at the skeleton in front of him, hoping to do some sort of damage. All he wanted to do was aid his friends with the atrocities just up ahead, but he couldn't even down a single skeleton. It was frustrating, and had effected his strikes before, so he tried his best to calm down as he continued his attack.

[spoiler]
[dice]Attack 1:  1d20+3 : 6 + 3, total 9[/dice]
[dice]Damage 1:  1d6+2 : 6 + 2, total 8[/dice]

[dice]Attack 2:  1d20+3 : 8 + 3, total 11[/dice]
[dice]Damage 2:  1d4+2 : 1 + 2, total 3[/dice][/spoiler]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Throndir

As Vladimir struck his weapons out, the attacks connected, sending the skeleton into a crumbling pile.