[IC] Feast of Thanks Year Two

Started by Throndir, November 20, 2013, 06:33:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

The eve of the Feast of Thanks that happened just once a year started with the whole entirety of the guild enjoying rows upon rows of food magically prepared for them by the guild leader and his array of chefs. Colorful lights and streamers decorated the interior hall of the guild. Even outside the guild, to the general populace of the city of Ternadan, the people celebrated the day by hanging up banners and lighting tall torches right outside each building.

In every home and building a feast was going on as friends and family took their time to enjoy each others' company. The demand for food on this day was always staggering, already the poor shopkeeper of the store D' n D' licious was near out of stock. Although there were stories of some insane wizard the year before who had created too many turkeys, getting himself killed in the process, there were still some aspiring wizards who thought they could do the same. Of course, in smaller quantities.

Instead of creating hundreds of turkeys, each mage in turn created a dozen or two. Of course, multiply this for each wizard, and in the end there's well over a thousand turkeys. 

Just like before, the turkeys, though docile at first, suddenly became more enraged, meatier, and powerful. It didn't take long for the horde of magically altered turkeys to overcome their own creators. They rampaged across all of the city, and even now, as the Feast of Thanks came into full swing, a horde of turkeys lay in wait.

A single voice erupted loudly during the celebration the Guild of Galas'nor was having.

"Guild! It's the turkeys! ... again..." Right outside their gates were hundreds of them; turkeys. Not just any turkeys mind you, but
enraged, magically altered, and certainly evil turkeys.

[spoiler]You may choose to participate or not. Exp for this event is not party shared. Killing blows grant exp. This event will last until around Thursday, the 28th, 6 PM PST when it ends and this thread will be locked. Kill as many turkeys as you can.

Each turkey will grant 20 exp regardless of level adjustment or any other factors that might change exp.
Active posters will find themselves swarmed with turkeys. Regular posting order/initiative rules apply (not the official one, the one I made up), with the change that turkeys may not always use their freely granted turn to the best of their abilities.

Death shouldn't be common, but it can possibly happen.

If you want to use a different character, or if I didn't include you in the pictures here, just jump in anyways.

Close spoiler to end music.

http://www.youtube.com/v/wD_TonSL5BA&autoplay=1
[/spoiler]

Linwelin

Vladimir jumps up at the idea, with a slight ulterior motive. Good, a fresh blood supply. I need to stock up on more vials...this is one of the few ways I can get myself to do it. With that he stocked up on as many vials as he could, and ran out of his room

He soon runs out the door, as he'd heard rumors of this event, and its fun. As he got closer to meeting the turkeys, he shouted, "TARGET PRACTICE!"

[spoiler]Add 15 empty vials to Vladimir's inventory, yes I plan to fill them haha.

Also, if attacks are available, to the nearest turkey:
[blockquote]Attack:  1d20+4 : 14 + 4, total 18[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Damage if hit:  1d6+2 : 5 + 2, total 7[/blockquote]

Upon a kill, if no other enemies are attacking, Vlad spends time filling a vial from a turkey (Morbid, but needed lol).[/spoiler]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Oath

Ryine looks at the gobbling monstrosity in front of him and has flashbacks. Only two things have ever bested this proud warrior. One being Oglen, the fearsome ogre that the guild had felled some time before, the other, a mob of gobbling, stupid turkey. This year will be different he thought, this year the turkey menace will not get the better of him. This year, he will not be a burden on the guild's medical staff. This year everything will be different. He wants to play it smart. He wants to play it cool. Most of all he doesn't want to be injured.

That was the plan at least, but now he has been overcome with rage. With regret. With a giant influx of adrenaline. The turkey do not deserve to live, nor do they deserve to be in the guild hall.

The armored man lets out a shout.

"THIS YEAR WILL BE DIFFERENT. YOU FEATHERED BASTARDS ARE GOING TO DIE HERE AND NOW. I WILL END ALL OF YOU WITH MY BLADE! THERE WILL BE NO ADDITIONAL COST FOR OUR ALREADY OVERWORKED MEDICAL STAFF. WE WILL HAVE ENOUGH TURKEY TO FEED ALL OF THE ORPHANS IN TOWN AFTER I AM DONE WITH YOU. THIS. IS. THE. END. YOUR. MARCH. STOPS. HERE. RIGHT. ON. OUR. DOORSTEP."

Ryine charges forward aiming to lop off the head of the nearest turkey.

[spoiler]
{attack roll w/ longsword} This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d20+9 : 15 + 9, total 24
If hit This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d8+4 : 4 + 4, total 8[/spoiler]

Neko

Aria had heard quite a few stories about the guild's past turkey invasion. She hadn't directly spoken to anyone about it, but she sometimes eaves dropped while wandering the halls, or while exploring town. She held her bow, standing beside the others with her usual blank expression. . .Would they be eating all of these? Her head tilted slightly, and she blinked. Was it even safe to eat magically altered turkeys? She shrugged the thought aside.

Ryine's voice suddenly broke through the deafening gobbles, as did Vladimir's. The two had then begun the slaughter with little hesitation. Aria decided to follow suit - she lifted her bow, drawing back an arrow as she aimed for the gobbling creature straight ahead of her.

[spoiler]
Staying in same spot - Using rapid shot on turkey directly ahead.

Attack Roll This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d20 : 9, total 9
If Hit This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d8+3 : 5 + 3, total 8

Attack Roll This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d20 : 2, total 2
If Hit This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d8+3 : 8 + 3, total 11
[/spoiler]

Mysticsage

Kryas couldn't stop laughing when he looked out on the battlefield. If that laughter was caused by fear or amusement at their predicament he wasn't entirely certain. There were turkeys as far as the I could see a legion of evil fowl knocking at their door. Well at least today would prove to be interesting for the bard.

"Let's have some fun today!" Kryas grinned readying his bow and lyre.
"Goddess may my attacks sing with power unbridled. Let's party!"

Kryas then begins to sing a song meant to both strengthen the minds and bodies of himself and those around him while shooting an arrow at the closest fowel

[spoiler]kryas forgoes a move action and uses bardic music for inspired courage of both himself and those allies who can hear him. While at the same he notches an arrow and fires meaning to end the nearest fowl.
Hit
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+2 : 19 + 2, total 21[/blockquote]

Damage if hit
[blockquote]Rolled 1d6+1 : 1 + 1, total 2[/blockquote].[/spoiler]

Lance

It had taken awhile: only after much beating of the undead, as well as tireless practice of the skills used from that time followed by several long moments of quiet reflection, did Lyolf finally begin to feel his inner chi, the base energy of the world, run more freely within him.

His mastery over such energy had constantly been forced to improve ever since he was ousted from the academy, which in turn led him to rely more and more on abilities apart from the arcane. Thus, it never surprised the elf whenever he managed to make his personal chi take form, even without extensive formal training. But what did surprise the aspiring martial adept were the times when he received tremendous help from the unlikeliest source-his own familiar.

Right now, that odd bird was perched lazily atop his right shoulder with both eyes closed, revealing no hint of that sage-like wisdom it had shown during his past training exercises. Needless to say, with his rigorous training schedule coupled with the raven's occasional advice, Lyolf felt just a little bit more confidant in his skills as a martial adept-not so much as to warrant a desire to gloat but enough that he now chose to let it take a more aggressive role in battle.

Taking a deep breath, Lyolf closed his eyes, steadied his stance, and gradually let his inner chi flow out into his surroundings. At this subtle action, the raven let open one eye. "Right foot further to the left," it said simply before giving the raven equivalent of a yawn and falling back into a light slumber. Lyolf immediately made the correction and felt the chi flow out more smoothly than before. Uli murmured, as if in approval.

The young mage-turned-martial-adept only sighed at that reaction, but remained otherwise focused on maintaining his stance. He had often wondered what hidden secret the raven held that enabled it to give such useful advice both in his training as a martial adept and even in his studies as a mage. But for all his queries, the raven remained mute and Lyolf chose not to push the matter further. Everyone held secrets that only they alone must know, and Lyolf figured this was one of them.

His concentration deepened then and, as a direct result, his chi became a veritable torrent that flooded into his surroundings.

Although he was still curious about the raven, the elf had no more time to ponder such things as the chi that had already flowed out was sufficient to his purposes and anymore would only prove wasteful on his part, especially to a novice that lacked any chi to spare.

The energy flow immediately ceased and Lyolf opened his eyes to a swirling barrier of convulsing shadows that emanated from deep within him.

Everyone's chi was different, after all. For some, the raw manifestation of their chi would result in a small, luminescent light that followed them around. Most often though, it would be a flame that would empower their attacks and lay waste to their foes. But for the struggling young elf who had yet to complete his training, chi that came out unformed would only result in a mass of slithering black shadows.

The elf began to move and only then realized what he was holding-a long series of interlocking chains with blades at both ends. Shadows from his chi had drawn towards and surrounded the weapon, but that was not what had surprised the elf.

Seriously... Lyolf shook his head as he thought, this thing has GOT to stop suddenly appearing in my hands like that.

"You had better plan on holding on tight, Uli," the elf casually remarked, as the shadows danced around him and the yearly "festivities" began once more.

"I don't plan on falling behind."

[spoiler]
Lyolf activates Child of Shadow, runs 10 ft short of the nearest turkey (but moving at least 10 ft) while drawing his spiked chain, and lets his weapon get to work.
Spiked Chain Attack: [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+8 : 12 + 8, total 20[/blockquote]
Spiked Chain Damage: [blockquote]Rolled 2d4+7 : 2, 3 + 7, total 12[/blockquote]
[/spoiler]
"A wish? Okay, genie, make me a ham sandwich."

Throndir

In blink of an eye, the guild exploded into action as swords, arrows, and weapons struck. Likewise at least one of the turkeys exploded as Lyolf's chain blasted it.

[spoiler]Rolls/Effects/Summary:
[spoiler]
Round 1 begins.
Vladimir moves, attacks, hits, and kills turkey.
Ryine does the same thing, kills a turkey.
But Aria missed. :(
Kryas uses Inspire Courage (standard action).
Kryas draws bow (move action).
Lyolf also movse, attacks, hits, and kills turkey.
Turkeys attacks.
Lyolf gets Attack of Opportunity and probably kills the turkey.
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+8 : 20 + 8, total 28[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Rolled 2d4+7 : 3, 3 + 7, total 13[/blockquote]
vs Vlad (18 AC)
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 4, total 4[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 20, total 20[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 2, total 2[/blockquote]
vs Lyolf (15 AC)
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 3, total 3[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 17, total 17[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 11, total 11[/blockquote]
vs Ryine (20 AC)
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 1, total 1[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 10, total 10[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 10, total 10[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 13, total 13[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 18, total 18[/blockquote]
vs Aria
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 16, total 16[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 2, total 2[/blockquote]
Round 1 ends.
Round 2 begins.
Kryas attacks and kills turkey.
[/spoiler]

Stats:
[spoiler]
QuoteRound 2 in progress - Still to move: Everyone who hasn't moved for the round, Turkeys

Missed Turns

Kills
Vladimir: 1
Ryine: 1
Lyolf: 2

Spells/Abilities/Potions/Items used since the day:
Inspire Courage

Party HP
Vladimir: 15/15, Inpire Courage (+1 atk and dmg rolls, 5 rounds)
Aria: 14/14, Inpire Courage (+1 atk and dmg rolls, 5 rounds)
Ryine: 25/25, Inpire Courage (+1 atk and dmg rolls, 5 rounds)
Lyolf: 29/29, Inpire Courage (+1 atk and dmg rolls, 5 rounds)
Uli: 13/13, Inpire Courage (+1 atk and dmg rolls, 5 rounds)

Area Effects
Night time (city)
[/spoiler]

Map:
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Throndir

[spoiler]Crit confirm vs Vlad
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+4 : 12 + 4, total 16[/blockquote][/spoiler]

Lance

[spoiler]Confirming Crit: [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+8 : 19 + 8, total 27[/blockquote][/spoiler]

Throndir

The turkey exploded.

[spoiler]Rolls/Effects/Summary:
[spoiler]
Vlad takes 1 damage.
Lyolf takes 2 damage.
Ryine takes 1 damage.
Aria takes 1 damage.
[/spoiler]

Stats:
[spoiler]
QuoteRound 2 in progress - Still to move: Vladimir, Lyolf, Ryine, Aria, Turkeys

Missed Turns

Kills
Ryine: 1
Kryas: 1

Inspire Courage

Party HP
Vladimir: 14/15, Inpire Courage (+1 atk and dmg rolls, 4 rounds)
Aria: 13/14, Inpire Courage (+1 atk and dmg rolls, 4 rounds)
Ryine: 24/25, Inpire Courage (+1 atk and dmg rolls, 4 rounds)
Lyolf: 27/29, Inpire Courage (+1 atk and dmg rolls, 4 rounds)
Uli: 13/13, Inpire Courage (+1 atk and dmg rolls, 4 rounds)
Kryas: 7/7, Inpire Courage (+1 atk and dmg rolls, 4 rounds)

Area Effects
Night time (city)
[/spoiler]

Map:
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Oath

Proud of his first blow, Ryine twirls his sword and prepares to strike once more. He does notice one thing that is slightly concerning though. Many of his allies have not yet left their feast, they are making merry while a few are fighting. He may be knee deep in turkey blood by the time this is over if there isn't some help arriving soon.

"Comrades, let us drive the turkey menace back to where it came, then we can eat drink and make merry in peace!"

Ryine brings his blade down hard on the turkey closest to him. He is starting to calm down slightly, but  he is still fueled by the desire for revenge after the embarrassment of the year before.

[spoiler] Ryine stabs a turkey. (I don't care which one, just one that I don't have to move to hit.)
{attack roll}[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+8 : 7 + 8, total 15[/blockquote]
if hit [blockquote]Rolled 1d8+5 : 6 + 5, total 11[/blockquote][/spoiler]

Linwelin

Vladimir does a battle roar in agreement with Ryine's calls, satisfied as well with his own slain turkey. "The first of many!" He says, almost gleefully. As much as he hated to admit it, the sight of blood still excited him. It did not make him lose himself, but certainly brought a certain joy. He ever knew he loved battle. Maybe it's just the turkey...

Amused and aware, Vladimir spins, sending the blade of his rapier slicing through the turkey to his left.

[spoiler]
[blockquote]Attack:  1d20+4 : 2 + 4, total 6[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Damage if hit:  1d6+2 : 3 + 2, total 5[/blockquote][/spoiler]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

jammermoore

"My Cranberry sauce needs a turkey leg, and my axe is hunger too. I will be the turkey slayer. MUHAHAHAHAHAHA" I am a man of few words, when come to food. So I charge the turkey in front of me.
[spoiler]
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+8 : 19 + 8, total 27[/blockquote]
If Hit
[blockquote]Rolled 1d12+5 : 9 + 5, total 14[/blockquote]
[/spoiler]

Lance

After the first turkey fell, another approached from the side. "Master..." Uli warned, still atop the elf's shoulder. "I know," Lyolf replied, an eager glint in his eye, as he waited for the bird's approach. Just a little closer, the elf thought almost impatiently. "By the way Uli, how do you like your turkey?" Lyolf then asked his familiar.

The raven looked at its master oddly at the sudden question, before tilting its beak in an expression the mage had come to recognize as a smile. "Extra crispy."

And it was time. Using all his force, Lyolf swung the shadow enhanced chain towards the bird with a savage grin on his face.
[spoiler]
http://www.youtube.com/v/ss34aeHk-qY&autoplay=1

And it exploded.
[/spoiler]

Both mage and his familiar spent a moment in silence, watching the turkey blow up from the fierce attack. A few moments later and turkey bits slowly rained down amongst the two.

"I am NOT eating that," Uli indignantly spoke. "Hey, you were the one who wanted extra crispy," the elf countered. The raven glared back a long moment, before revealing a mischievous smile.

"Also, that wasn't the one I tried to warn you about."

Lyolf immediately turned around, but it was too late-a turkey had managed to close the distance while he was busy enjoying the scenery. And though the attack left but a scratch, it put the elf on guard as he jumped to the side. He did not want to be taken down by turkeys. He imagined there would be more laughing than crying if "death by turkey" appeared on his tombstone, plus he'd be made the laughing stock of the entire guild should such a thing happen. So he decided to take the encounter more seriously, even if his enemies were naught but lunch on legs.

A hand then went to a familiar pouch on his side, while his other hand wove elegant lines through the air.

"Magis R?s"

[spoiler]
Lyolf takes a 5-ft-step West and casts Mage Armor on both himself and the familiar.
[/spoiler]

Throndir

The fighting continues! There were 7 dead turkeys, and as they fell, more took their places. They kept coming and coming, as these almost rabid turkeys came swarming at those who were participating.

In the distance you see more turkeys. And more and more and more.

There were four turkeys who did something strange however. Instead of charging like the others, oen of them started yelling really loudly.

"Gobble gobble, gob gobble gob gob!"

Translation: Foolish humans, tonight we will dine on you!

Then as one, they started to do something strange; chant.

[spoiler]
QuoteI want our spellcasters in the group to roll their Spellcrafts if they're trained in it. Among those who posted so far. That's Lyolf, Aria, and Kryas.

Rolls/Effects/Summary:
[spoiler]
Oath attacks, hits, and kills turkey.
Vlad misses.
Zurgug attacks, hits, and kills turkey.
Lyolf casts Mage Armor.
Turkeys attack.
Lyolf AoO vs turkey
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+8 : 7 + 8, total 15[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Rolled 2d4+7 : 2, 3 + 7, total 12[/blockquote]
vs Vlad
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+4 : 2 + 4, total 6[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+4 : 18 + 4, total 22[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+4 : 12 + 4, total 16[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+4 : 1 + 4, total 5[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+4 : 19 + 4, total 23[/blockquote]
vs Lyolf
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+4 : 15 + 4, total 19[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+4 : 7 + 4, total 11[/blockquote]
vs Aria
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+4 : 12 + 4, total 16[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+4 : 8 + 4, total 12[/blockquote]
vs Zurgug
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+4 : 8 + 4, total 12[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+4 : 13 + 4, total 17[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+4 : 18 + 4, total 22[/blockquote]
vs Kryas
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+4 : 14 + 4, total 18[/blockquote]
vs Ryine
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+4 : 7 + 4, total 11[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+4 : 15 + 4, total 19[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+4 : 9 + 4, total 13[/blockquote]
[/spoiler]

Stats:
[spoiler]
QuoteRound 2 in progress - Still to move: Aria, Kryas

Missed Turns

Kills
Ryine: 2
Kryas: 1
Zurgug: 1

Inspire Courage

Party HP
Vladimir: 14/15, Inpire Courage (+1 atk and dmg rolls, 3 rounds)
Aria: 13/14, Inpire Courage (+1 atk and dmg rolls, 3 rounds)
Ryine: 24/25, Inpire Courage (+1 atk and dmg rolls, 3 rounds)
Lyolf: 27/29, Inpire Courage (+1 atk and dmg rolls, 3 rounds), Mage Armor (+4 AC, 1200 rounds)
Uli: 13/13, Inpire Courage (+1 atk and dmg rolls, 3 rounds), Mage Armor (+4 AC, 1200 rounds)
Kryas: 7/7, Inpire Courage (+1 atk and dmg rolls, 3 rounds)
Zurgug: 11/11, Inpire Courage (+1 atk and dmg rolls, 3 rounds)

Area Effects
Night time (city)
[/spoiler]

Map:
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]