Chapter 1: The Menace [Completed]

Started by Hasabushi, April 05, 2013, 09:04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

Mindsense following closely behind, keeping her eyes alert and her cannon warm. The forest was too strange - or at least how they were just seemingly randomly sent there. If there was something or someone who meant them harm, Mindsense would love to blast a whole in its face.

"You know, I never did like forests." Mindsense commented as she followed behind.  "They're too... lively, wet, and there's never a good computer terminal around when you need one."

Linwelin

Viktor decides its best to stay above as a scout, hopping along the trees above the pathway to guide his comrades. It was the only way he knew]/i] to go, as the rest of the woods, and whatever was waiting within them, were not visible in the short duration of the flare. Still, a path was good. He'd heard Mindsense's remark about the dislike of forests, and though he didn't have the same dislike of forests, he certainly missed the city. Not that it'd been much easier on the streets, but at least he wasn't being pursued by unknowns, nor did he ever feel trapped. This whole scenario was an awful turn of events. Why DID I agree to what those men in suits said? My guts TOLD me they were suspicious... He mentally scorned himself.

Book Keeper takes the time to look over his surroundings each time he 'jumps', to make sure they weren't going to run into any sort of ambush, cautiously teleporting down the pathway.

What I wouldn't do to just lay back and read right now...

[spoiler=In case I need to roll some sort of perception][blockquote]Perception:  1d20 : 12, total 12[/blockquote][/spoiler]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Hasabushi

A long winding path lies before the party, you head down the path without incident, as you notice the sun steadily beginning to rise, although somewhat cloudy the party breathes a sigh of relief at the breaking of dawn.

Directly ahead sits a stone obelisk that appears to be hewn from the marble-like rock face directly behind it, this natural barrier divides the path into two sections, one heading east the other west. A figure stands near the obelisk, his eyes closed and his hands raised above his head. It does not appear that he has seen you yet.

Mysticsage

Looks like this is the beginning of the next test He thought to himself as he approached the crossroads then on the defensive. "Good Morning sir! Might you be able to tell help us? We're trying to return home, but have seen to lost our way in the woods. If you could even tell us wear these paths lead?"

From a fair distance away he sat down facing the man in his mimic a meditative stance, he used the time to scan the obelisk and the man for any kind of magical power due to the trance like nature around him. Sigil normally did these kind of exercises when he wanted to practice harnessing his spiritual powers so perhaps following the man's lead and showing that he was not a threat might curry some favor with whoever this being was.

[spoiler]Sense Magic check
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 10, total 10[/blockquote]

Diplomacy check  (not sure if its need but just in case i figured i'd throw it in.)
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 8, total 8[/blockquote]
[/spoiler]

Linwelin

So this IS still within the facility? Book Keeper thought to himself as he spotted the man and the obelisk from in the forest canopy. But is this still a test? Right as he thought this, Book Keeper saw Sigil approach and greet the stranger. It's best if I wait and watch. If anything happens, I can always shield them from afar, or hold the stranger if he attacks.

Thus Book Keeper waited on a tree branch, ready to act if need be. He took this time to study the obelisk more closely. It was certainly an odd sight, having a marble pillar like this just standing at a fork in the road. What was it meant to mark? Was it memorializing something? Book Keeper studied the area in hopes of obtaining some clues.

[spoiler=Perception roll][blockquote]Perception:  1d20 : 8, total 8[/blockquote][/spoiler]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Hasabushi

[spoiler] Any more posters? [/spoiler]

Throndir

"Damn those Assesors... We keep bumping into one strange thing to the next." Mindsense said, keeping her voice low so that only her companions could hear. The figure before them looked as if he was in some sort prostrate position. Either way, Mindsense was still suspicious. Quietly, she began willing the many nanites within her to ready her cannon, in case something horrible happen she at least won't get caught unprepared.

[spoiler=Perception using her mind!][blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 20, total 20[/blockquote][/spoiler]

Throndir

QuoteRepasting from DB backups. If you have emails with the posts. please update this, or repost. Sorry again!

Hasabushi
Sigil:
You determine that there is some sort of magic at work here, exactly what kind you are not sure. You do sense that it is not malevolent. The man does not respond to your question, but simply points to both the left and the right.

Bookkeeper:
Taking a good look around, you notice that a cool breeze is blowing, a small bird chirps on the branch above your head, nothing else appears aloof.

Mindsense:
You analyze all the data you can acquire from the surroundings including the obelisk itself, it appears to be a site of worship of some sort. Further these do not appear to be holograms as they are not constructs of light.

CURRENT STATUS:

[DAMAGE]
SCTNONEDMGHEALTHYERTHEALTHY
[ALIGNMENT]
HERO10VILLAIN0
---

Once Seth could feel the magic energies around the area he took a breath. It was nice to be dealing with something that feel somewhere in his wheelhouse in this wacky little adventure. However, the man sitting opposite from him chose or was unable to respond to his questions. "Still part of the test is it?" he thought to himself,"fine we'll see what we can work with here before we make a random choice." Seth tried his best to get a mental idea about the magic in question and see if he could use it as a conduit to link back to the source. Every spell was like a fingerprint after all. Even if to mages attempted the exact same spell the results while comparable were always unique to the caster. If he could trace it back to the user or at least identify the school and type of magic at was it might give them a clue as to where they should go next.

"After all trying to get involved with the inter-workings of the system had worked so well the last time." Seth scoffed in his own head, "but hey you've come this far just keep going forward and see it through" Sigil pushed his mental energies to the task as his meditative state fell away like a drop hitting a pond of water. The darkness of his own thoughts rippled expanding outward from his own mind into the area around him. He could feel the energies of the world coming into clearer focus as he tried to comprehend the magics and make various connections. His was comfortable doing this at least, it felt like he was back at home again since this was a large portion of his training. The control and comprehension of energies was the fundamentals of the fundamentals in casting. That and studying countless schools were the only thing he could do when he had started.

But that was for later, now he had work to do.

skill checks
Knowledge magic
Rolled 1d20 : 9, total 9

Use spell Link to connect with source
Rolled 1d20 : 13, total 13

Throndir

"Those obelisks are as real as you or me. It looks like its some place of worship... At least the guy is more interestingly dressed than those bible thumpers who knock on your doors." Mindsense said sarcastically. She looked towards her companions seeing if they had any sort of plan to do next. As far as she was concerned, the Assessor's little 'test' seemed to be over. If anything they should try to find out where they were, and make their way back to civilization. And for Megella, back to her home...

She raised her voice as she continued to 'warm up' her arm cannon.

From the man's reaction, it was already apparent that he didn't respond, or perhaps chose to ignore them, so without further thought, Mindsense strode forward, her destination was to get right in front of the figure.

"You better not just be ignoring us." She said as she closed the distance.

Linwelin

Viktor felt as though waiting in the treeline at this point was not going to achieve anything, thus he teleported down beside his teammates. "What's the situation down here? Do we know who this man is?" Book Keeper still wasn't sure what to make of the situation. Just moments ago they'd appeared in a dark forest, with signs of movement circling them, and now they seemed to be at a peaceful fork in a path with an odd pillar and old man. Whatever these test were, it was certainly hard to keep one's bearings.

It was unsettling. The breeze and sounds of the forest were relaxing, yet Book Keeper knew this was still part of whatever 'tests' they'd been thrown into. In truth, he didn't know how to react to the situation. All he could do was stand and prepare to react defensively. At least until he knew more of the man before them.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Hasabushi

Sigil:
You divine that the magic is of an arcane origin, it seems to pulse with a life all it's own. You attempt to connect with the source of magic but its overwhelming and disconcerting, as it is arcane essence in it's most pure form.

Mindsense:
You approach the figure and without warning he turns slowly toward you his hands and eyes glowing a bright neon blue, suddenly you feel as though you arms and legs are getting heavier, several alerts appear on your screen, indicative of system failures in both your perception and arm cannon. You are feeling very dizzy... as the top of the obelisk grows brighter

Bookkeeper:
You are ready to use a defensive power word.

Throndir

Before she was able to react, the figure had turned around. Whatever he did her systems were malfunctioning.

"Ah..." Mindsense began to say.

"Crap." She instantly regretted not shooting the guy first. But what's done was done, already she began trying to will what nanites she could to resist the intrusion and damage. Her head was spinning, and she knew she would only have a few precious more seconds. She had thousands of nanites throughout her body, if she can reach out to them in time to form some sort of defense against the attack...

[spoiler][blockquote]Attempt to resist the dizzy + attack from glowing guy 1d20 : 7, total 7[/blockquote][/spoiler]

Linwelin

Bookkeeper saw the man turn and do...something to Mindsense. "Not good...!" He'd been prepared to shield or restore anyone injured or assaulted. But this was channeled, he needed to attack as well. There was nothing to could do against mental attacks, though; he'd never encountered them before. Stop thinking, Viktor! ACT! He told himself as he gathered strength. He had to use a word he was neither fond of, nor used to. Quickly, he flicked his hand, open-palm, toward the assailant.

"PUSH!"

He wasn't certain if this would succeed, but he had no time to confirm as he turned to Mindsense, squeezing out more power to aide his ally.

"RESTORE!"

Viktor had raised his other hand nearly simultaneously in hopes of returning Mindsense to her senses. Work...please work!

[spoiler]Both shouts were at "Loud" level (Third tier of energy)

I'm not sure is "Push" will be a chaos or neutrality word. If chaos, I maintain balance and my fatigue shouldn't be TOO heavy, despite stacking words. If it's neutral, I'll be at risk of straining myself if I speak another order word.[/spoiler]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Mysticsage

Sigil moved without thinking if the source was to powerful to interact with directly, severing the man's astral connection with the obelisk would be enough to cause enough backlash to stop whatever ritual he was trying to complete. Even if what this guy was doing easn't bad the moment that he attempted to attack one of his friends he moved into action. As he began to chant a counter spell moving his hands in the air tracing with magic power a spetigram shimmering in the air.

Hear me those that govern the powers of the universe here I as one of the few with the power to see the true state of this world beg that you aid me in my acts to save those i hold dear from those who would mean to upset the balance of this world! Severe the bonds of the foe before me ending his plans to use the energies of this world for harm. I call to the under the name of my master and my iron will aid me in breaking this spell!
[/b]

He hoped that in calling for some kind of higher power of the world it might affect his luck a bit.
[spoiler= with the power of magic!!!]Call for help
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 2, total 2[/blockquote]

Manipulate magic and use link to severe the other mages connection
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 3, total 3[/blockquote][/spoiler]

Mysticsage

5 karma reroll

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 9, total 9[/blockquote]

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 18, total 18[/blockquote]