Enter The Dungeon....

Started by Hasabushi, April 10, 2012, 02:35:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hasabushi

Quote[Waiting for Manzo to post :) ]

lightspeed15

What happened to this rule:

[New Rule: If your character isn't going to do anything or if you can't think of anything to write, simply enter the word "PASS" to indicate that the game can continue, if there is no response from your character after 8-12 hours it will be assumed that they are passing on their turn.]

Hasabushi

[manzo is overseas and is on a different time schedule, so I will give him some more time to post, also read the full version of the rule :) ]

Emperor Wilbers

QuoteWHile we're waiting...  :) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o 8) ??? ::) :P :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( :arrows_right: :blank: :exclam: :glare: :monkey: :nerd: :scyth: :sweat: (panda) 0:) :beer: o-E :bounce:

Manzokushi

[Pass, sorry really busy at work right now. I will catch up in the next post.]

Hasabushi

QuoteZan
A bluish colored bolt flies out from the wall you are touching
Damage (electric)
[blockquote]Rolled 1d4+1 : 2 + 1, total 3[/blockquote]

Wan
You Simply observe wating to see what will happen.

Kazamatta
You scrutinize the room, including the ceiling but you discover nothing new, however you do notice that there is a faint outline of a scratch on the wall to the right.

Belgi
(Belgi is currently facing the south end of the room, immeditely in front of the pedestal and the markings, thus he is pushing the gem forward.) The gem slides as if on a invisible track, you hear a clicking sound as it appears to lock into place, a red light shines across the room illuminating a panel to the south. Soon after another Gem appears this time blue in color...

Ving
You simply float in place observing events.

Kazamatta

I notice the the scratch on the wall to the right. after paying close attention to it, trying o figure out the meaning behind the riddle and what that scratch has do do with anything. I make my way towards the wall. I observe it more closely but dare not touch it cause all who have seem to get hurt after making contact with the wall. The walls and the gem both caused damage to all who make contact with them. But Belgi pushed the gem with his axe and wasn't harmed, so maybe. I pulll out my sword. I run the tip of my sword down the scratch on the wall wondering what could have caused it.

I look around and see nothing else but two lines of light and now another crystal as well as a panel. I say to myself, "This is an interesting puzzle. it seems we all have a part we must play to figure out the meaning behind it all." I see Zan keeps getting hurt and put away my sword. I then walk towards him and stop right in front. I tell him, "Your a Cleric but it seems you forgot how to heal yourself so here ill try to help." I attempt to cast Heal minor Wounds on Zan.

( This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d20 : 11, total 11)To cast
( This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d6 : 4, total 4)Points Healed

Throndir

As the blue gem appears, Belgi's eyes light up. It was some sort of puzzle, he thought as he proceeded to make his way towards the blue gem. He was never very good at puzzles, though he found a fondness through them, and even if he wouldn't ever admit it to his dwarven cousins who became role models to the dwarf, he always loved to spend time working on the puzzles.

Patience was something his dwarven brothers never truly had much of. Especially if related to things like riddles or puzzles. But being raised by elves, who had quite a different view of the world, Belgi understood that it was a stepping stone towards finding out the mystery of the gem.

Standing southwards from the blue-colored gem, Belgi prodded it forward, northwards with the tip of his axe. 

Hasabushi

Quote[Ill post this as people play, that way we keep the momentum going]

As you push the blue gem it glides up near the north of the pedestal, but before it locks into place it suddenly floats back to center, a loud noise feels the room and a blast of energy of some sort wizzes by your head, leaving a burn mark on the wall behind you. As soon as this happens the entire party hears the word "Gru-it!" as it seems to echo throughout the room. Looking at the pedestal you see that it has now become fully lit with odd colored runic characters around its circular edge, each rune appears to have a meaning, though at the moment you cannot tell what they are...

Throndir

The dwarf grimaced as he stared at the burn marks on he wall. For some reason or another it had aimed too hi- Belgi frowned before he finished the thought. Bah! Even traps are racist.

The room is all very strange. Belgi thought calmly some moments later when he regained his bearings from the unexpected assault. But he took it in stride. He grinned in spite of himself as veered towards the center of the room where the new designs and symbols were. He wanted to see if any of them looked familiar, and to see if there was anything else different about the pedestal.

Quote[blockquote]Attempt to decipher language and symbols 1d20 : 13, total 13[/blockquote]
Examine the blue gem in the center, and the red gem? at the south end.

Hasabushi

You examine the gems, and find that they are just that, gems. Though one is red and one is blue, however you did notice that the light they generate is exacting to their color. You recognize the word "Gru-it" as to mean 2 of 6 or something similar. The symbols though you cannot decipher them as the language they indicate is unknown to you. You do determine that it is some sort of code perhaps pertaining to the color of the gems.

Throndir

QuoteI'll wait for others before I post again, since it seems like I'm the only one doing stuff. Dx

Hasabushi

QuoteUPDATE:
Zan has been healed 4 points (+4)
Kaza has lost cure light wounds (-1)

Manzokushi

Ving was amused at the events unfolding before him. The magic was ambient and the gems were enigmatic. His mind raced with intrigue fawning over the puzzle laid before him. The gems appeared to operate on an invisible axis that had a center point and resting point. The current factor to consider was if the gems reacted to various effects and interactions. He attempted to focus but his mind started to wander. The various outcomes of the puzzle focused in and out. The other sounds and lights seemed to be distracters meant to draw the victim?s attention away from the puzzle. Perhaps the colors are related to each member requiring a personal use of force by each in order to move the cooperative piece? Oh, the sheer delight that arcane forces were at work sent trembles down his spine. This could be his moment to bask in power or he could die. A smile crept over his face, awe the great mysteries of magic. And my father wanted me to be a potato farmer, well I will show him!

Ving flies down until he is hovering over the very top of the pedestal and looking down at its configuration. Once the lights begin to illuminate and the runes appear, he attempts to decipher the runes.

[I am going to use an intelligence check, since I already know that the language is the ancient polygryphical language of the Horde.]

QuoteIntelligence Check: [1d20] 15 = 15 My INT is a 8.

?Allow me a few more moments to meditate on the facts gentlemen. I do believe we are working with a simple series, lateral triangulation puzzle based in dimension. Though it could be that I am over stating the obvious only time will tell.? The fairy begins to chuckle amused at his use of creative wit. 

Kazamatta

Kazamatta looks over at the fairy Ving who at any remark made by himself, either is only his own range of hearing or that of all in the area, chuckles. I cannot read these ancient symbols but can try to help those here when aske. I believe it will take all of us to to get out this area, before...before something really bad overcomes us. I cannot say fro sure what that might be. I am a cleric an can help heal others, but if we play it smart and work together no harm should come to us. At least not right now,

I walk up to the pedestal an look curiously at the gem upon it. Then look towards the one on the wall. Each has a same color beam as the gem emitting it. Very interesting. These strange symbols though, they are like none I have in my travels. I wonder what they must mean. Maybe Ving or Belgi can help more in this room than any of us as they are the ones skilled in magical texts. Who knows what awaits us after though so in time maybe we will all be needed to complete that in which we must. Maybe.