Enter The Dungeon....

Started by Hasabushi, April 10, 2012, 02:35:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hasabushi

QuoteZan
You talk to yourself  about the pain you are feeling, after accusing a cleric of not aiding, just as quickly you jump up to help in the search of the room, finding nothing in your ordeal.

Wan
As you sit down on the ground you feel something is different about the floors surface, you feel a strange vibration coming from what you think is beneath you.

Kazamatta
Without hindrance you cast a simple spell of light, strangely the room does not seem to have gotten brighter and your spell seems to have already dismissed itself. (lost 1 spell "light")

Belgi
After staring at the strange writing you still cannot accurately, make out what the glyphs say, however you do recognize the language as the old language of the horde. You do recognize two glyphs that immediately stand out
Jor'ind (light) U'eutyu (Path) You also notice that the gem grew bright for just a moment...

Ving
You continue to do the things that little mischievous fairies do.

QuoteThe room has grown even dimmer now, the gem on the pedestal appears to be pulsating in rythmic pattern. There is a scratching sound coming from somewhere in the room...

Kazamatta

I try to block out the sounds of all the others and listen deeper to the scratching sound within the room. I block out the thoughts within my mind going into a sort of meditation state letting only the sound of scratching be that which I hear. At first it echos through the open room. I then concentrate harder. (Maybe this sound has something to do with the way out of here....or maybe worse.)The sound starts to be more and more isolated.

I cant make out where it is just yet, but it seems to be coming from below us but also near a wall. I fear that whatever that sound is will not be friendly. (I concentrate harder).  Wait, I think I got it. Yes, tha has to be it.
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 2, total 2[/blockquote]

Throndir

The dimmer light, the strange pulsating of the gem, the almost faint scratching sound was more than enough for the dwarf to load his blunderbuss with ammo. He would have pulled his axe, but Belgi felt more comfortable with his "long-barrel" more so than the large axe strapped to his back. He pulled the weapon close to him and kept his eyes and ears on alert - all the while his mind thinking about what "light" or "path" could have meant. As he was on alert, his mind drifted to what the "horde" was.

QuoteI'll just roll, you may or may not use them. Also information on the "horde".

[blockquote]Listening to scratching sounds 1d20 : 12, total 12[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Searching for anything amiss, or that might cause the sound 1d20 : 7, total 7[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Determining if the rhythmic lights had any recognizable pattern 1d20 : 10, total 10[/blockquote]

lightspeed15

Upon finding nothing in his search, Zan wanders over to the middle of the room. He hears a distant scrathing noise and attempts to figure out where it's coming from and why...

Listening to Scratching Noise to Gather Info [blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 10, total 10[/blockquote]

He notices the dwarf near the gem, studying it still. He watches another man fail to create a light spell. Zan thinks, and pulls out one of his 10 candles and lights it, hoping to give the dwarf some more light.

Candles(10) --> Candles (9)

Emperor Wilbers

As Wan is interrupted by the strange vibrating he notices the others kissing up to the dwarf, Belgi to be on good terms with him so they would not be slaughtered by his bad-@## axe, because they knew he could, and would do it. He leaned to the ground to hear it better. There was more rumbling, butnit seems as if the others were too incompetent to feel it. Wan gave himself the credit of being very observant, and overall smart. Wan could start to feel the vibrating get more intense, and the light dimmer still. Wan yelled at the others to let Belgi do his thing sothey could get out. He wasnt sure if they had heard him though.

[NO PUN INTENDED, keep in mind that these are the perspectives of my character. Lol]

[GM NOTE: Just make sure to keep anything that is out of character like RL chat in brackets  :) ]

Manzokushi

Ving sat for a long time caught between pondering shenanigans and the current issue at hand. The room was most curious and the gem seemed to be the crux. Perhaps this was a type of team building exercise something requiring a joint effort of all those involved. After all a genius such as me would do the same, the fairy pondered. To ask a group of total strangers to cooperate was like trying to herd cats after all. He chuckled at his own personal joke. He slowly began to hover down towards his companions as they huddled around the gem and pedestal. As the fairy descended he slowly began to illuminate the room, the light radiating from his body. In very happy and elated voice the fairy spoke, ?Well me friends it appears we have ourselves a good old fashioned puzzle as it were. If you gents would be so kind as to not step on me, I will lend you a hand, possibly two if you are of a mind for it.? The nearly 2 foot tall creature descended to nearly eye level with the pedestal and gem.

QuoteAttempts to decipher the script upon the pedestal. [1d20] 19 = 19

[To better determine the nature of the puzzle laid before us.]

The fairy?s hands began to move in weaving patterns and a soft melody escapes his lips. Casting Detect Magic and Read Magic, to better understand the nature of the gem and pedestal. Detect Magic on the Gem and Read Magic on the words of the Pedestal.

Hasabushi

QuoteZan
You focus all your attention on trying to determine what the scratching noise is, after closer inspection of where you think the sound is, you realize that sound is not so much of a grinding but more of something sliding. As you get closer to the wall the noise increases now sounding like a screeching. Lighting the candle you realize, that strangely is has not effect on the light in the room as it grows dimmer. (-1 candle)

Wan
You yell loudly, but the only response you receive is some blank stares and shrugs of the shoulder

Kazamatta
You concentrate for a time, you feel that you can almost understand where the sound is coming from, a moment later your concentration breaks and you find it difficult to regain your thoughts. (-1 to INT till rest)

Belgi
You realize that the scratching sound sounds more like straining metal, almost a screeching. You find nothing that could cause the sound in the immediate vicinity. The pattern seems to pulse in intervals and appears now that the speed of the light has increased slightly. You remember the Horde to be the powerful beings that almost wiped out all humanoid life. You also remember that they were extremely cunning and prone to making a thinking mans traps, they sadistically like to watch their prey as they struggled to find a way out.

Ving
You quickly recognize the script as the ancient polygryphical language of the Horde, its many shapes and simple patterns take no effort for you to decipher. It reads:
QuoteThe Light of the Path is not forsaken nor granted to those who tread its many directions.
After casting the spell of detect magic the pedestal and crystal immediately glow a dull blue, you also see an odd line of bluish light leading from the pedestal to the far back wall. The same line then moves up the backwall and spreads around the circumference of the room lighting the ceiling above. (-Read Magic, -Detect Magic)

QuoteAs the party attempts to find where the sound is coming from the room grows even dimmer as the crystal on the pedestal pulsates at a faster rate, suddenly the room seems to drop downward abruptly and just as quickly ceases its decent. You notice that dust has fallen from the roof above during this even. The entire party suddenly heres a clicking noise after the room has stopped its descent, almost like the insides of a clock.

Kazamatta

The room shifts and feels as if has just dropped in someway. I quickly look around the light is growing dimmer and all our efforts to brighten the area more seem to fail. I listen to what Ving has said the script reads but know not the meaning behind the words. I stay standing by the pedestal with the others and keep repeating the words within my mind trying to figure out what the riddle means. I say aloud, "There has to be some type of path to this light maybe not one that leads in any direction, but the pulsing must have a pattern to it and a meaning behind it."

I continue to watch the crystal closely but also staying alert enough wondering if the room will descend again as it just did. It may have stopped right after it started  but this could be very bad if it doesn't next time it happens. Especially with not knowing how high up this room we are in is from any type of solid ground. I also realize that there is some type of dark magic at work here for any light spell fails even lighting a candle doesn't have an effect. The only light being allowed is that which the crystal emits, and that is steadily getting dimmer.

Wait. That line that suddenly came from the crystal must have to do with the meaning behind the riddle. I look up and see the ceiling has a faint illumination to it now. I remember that there was something about "many directions" wrote within the riddle upon the pedestal.I stand near the pedestal in center of the room and look around. Starting at ground level and studying up to the ceiling. It is a little dark but if there is any other path to this light, even a faint dimmed one, it should be visible.

[Roll to see if I have any luck noticing another path linking in some way to the gem([blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 17, total 17[/blockquote])]

Throndir

Strapping his blunderbuss back to his side, Belgi pulled out his axe. He approached the gem in the center again, and using the speared tip of his axe, aimed at the gem, meaning to attempt to push the floating object, or at least see if he can move the object without getting in physical contact with it.

Hasabushi

The Dungeon Master Speaks
QuoteIn which direction do you wish to push the gem? Left, right, up, down, forward, backwards?

Throndir

QuoteRight now he's just pushing it to the side. So the opposite direction of where he's currently standing. He just wants to see if anything will happen.

Emperor Wilbers

QuoteWaiting for effects of the gem being moved to take place.

Kazamatta

QuoteWatches as gem is moved  to see what happens.

lightspeed15

Zan puts his ear to the wall and focuses on the noise, getting louder and more intense. He can now feel vibrations on the wall. Whatever is behind the wall is big, and is also big trouble for his party.

Out of the corner of his eye, he sees the dwarf reaching out to touch the gem. Zan tries to yell out, but it's already happened, the gem pushed. What happens next....he's scared to find out...

Emperor Wilbers

QuoteI think that's your queue Hasa.  :)