Enter The Dungeon....

Started by Hasabushi, April 10, 2012, 02:35:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hasabushi

QuoteGAME WILL START TOMORROW JUST LOOK FOR THE POST

QuoteEveryone Playing please reply with READY TO PLAY!!  Once your character is setup completely, this includes choosing equipment and spells/prayers./skills

Hasabushi

"Welcome, welcome", The old mage quacked, his hands barely pointing as they were wracked with geriatric insidiousness. The other mages clapped lightly as Edori the Enlightened, opend the newly built grandhall. He drew with his fingers in the air causing the ground to shake. A amber light filled the room blocking the center pedestal that decorated the middle of the room.

"Ahh and I see our guests have arrived..."

In the midst of the light five figuers could clearly be seen, they stood with barely a hint of life. Thier forms rigid and unmoving, though if one looked closely they could see their eyes as they roamed the room.

The old mage cleared his throat, he looked slowly around the ornate hall while rubbing his thick beard with his grizzled hand. The others in the darkness emerged slowly each held in his hand a colored gem, ranging in colors from azure to golden yellow. They each approached the old mage and deposited the gem they carried into his extended hand. When the last one had been dropped in his hand he closed it tightly and spoke with a whisper, "Excellent..now choose your pawn..."

As the others seperated, he raised his hand once again summing a green mist it soon disipated revealing a maze of corridors that seemed to be almost alive. He took small statues from a silver box that sat on the side of the maze.  He grinned briefly and once again stroked his beard. "Let us begin..."

Seconds later the five figures appear in the dungeon...

QuoteDungeon Hall Level 1 Room 1

The room is filled with strange ornate glass shapes there is a smell of oil, most likely from the burning  torches that surround the room, a small pedestal sits in the room, on it is single jewel. A first glance there appears to be no way out of the room.

(Begin Role play :D )

Kazamatta

(Kazamatta looks around wondering what just happened.) "When I placed that pawn in the maze I must have got put into it myself." I take a look around i seee nothing that resembles a door of any kind. My attention then caught by a glowing light. I look over and see a crystal. "I wonder if this might help us get out." I see the others are here also. I turn to them then get an idea.

I say to the others, " We need to find a way out this gem probably has something to do with it. We should search the walls and anything else around for some type of area to place this gem.  If you find it holler out so. Ill begin in the left corner of the wall to me right working my way up tp the one ahead. I say 4 of us pick a wall and one begins searching the torches and the pedestal on which the crystal sits."

After finishing speaking I look at the others. Next I then take another look around the room then look again at the brightly glowing crystal. getting a good memory of how it loos the head over to the right walls far left corner ready to start looking for a way out.

Hasabushi

Quote[Customarily we will wait for each player to respond then move forward]

Throndir

The gruff dwarf swooned as the effects of the teleportation spell faded. Even with his upbringing among the Elven community, his foster parents being elves themselves, one would think that the dwarf had managed to learn how to handle magic. In truth, though he was exposed to it often, magical transportation was something that dwarf didn?t overly enjoy.

As his eyes cleared and as his vision started to focus, he saw one of his companions, a cleric he looked like, begin searching the walls after a cursory glance at the crystal in the middle of the room.

Though most dwarves would have been keen on examining the crystal, Belgi, ever more on the side of caution, warily approached the pedestal in the center of the room and peered closely at the object, looking for any signs of a trap, or anything that could be useful to know. He paid close attention to the pedestal as well as the crystal sitting on he object; looking for any sign what the crystal might be used for or even why it was there.

Manzokushi

A childlike voice giggles and echoes throughout the room. A soft glow begins to emanate from above the party, reflecting off the mirrored walls giving the illusion of a large lantern being lit. The light slowly begins to fade and a small child-like figure with feathered wings emerges. ?It tis a pleasure to make everyone?s acquaintance this fine evening, my name is Ving Seal?vr Toreal?ias of Vaeloria, child of Sylvania, may her light shire forever. It appears we have been trapped like spiders in a game, not of our creating. How strange that seems but indeed it could be or it is of our own. This is hard to say as of yet, but once again it is a pleasure to meet you all.? A brief pause follows, ?Oh that is a mouthful isn?t it. You all may simply call me Ving.? A self edifying smile covers his face; perhaps he has won a secret game.

What everyone sees, is a young elven figure with white feathered wings, pale skin, golden eyes, silver hair, dressed in robes and small bits of ornate looking armor. His hair falls loosely around the shoulders, some locks held together with ornate beads and brass fittings. His robes are made of dark blues with black trimming around the edges and in arcane designs. Along the edges of the robes are also runes of silver embroidered in the hems of the robe.

The fairy slowly descends to about shoulder height of the other party members, and sits as if in a chair. Slowly he begins to rotate around in place observing the room and everyone within. A child like smile crosses his face and he begins to chuckle ever so softly. ?Ho, what a game we shall all play what a game indeed. Well friends when we are indeed ready to move on let me know.? He flutters to one of the mirrored walls, and begins to observe his features. An occasional chuckle comes from his position; perhaps he shares a secret joke with no one but himself.

In his thoughts Ving recounted his time in the forest. It had not been long ago that he had set out from the forest, hoping to find more Arcane seekers like himself. He had arrived at a sacred ruin dedicated to some long lost and forgotten power. He had chosen to study the place and on that night the moon had reached its fullest zenith. The beauty of it was almost too much to behold. Once the moon light began to cover him, line liquid white fire the air began to hum. His hopes for seeking arcane might surfaced and he began to repeat it as a mantra inside himself, the arcane pulsed around him in rhythmic thumps and then a shudder shook his very existence. He fell for what seemed an eternity. And then he appeared here in this room of mirrors surrounded by strangers. What this truly meant was hard to say but he refused to reveal his thoughts, not quite yet.

Emperor Wilbers

Wan toppled over from the sickness of being transported into a square room with other strangers. He got up peering around the room, observing his surroundings. He looked at each of them and examined them for a few seconds then went to the next person. He strangely knew their names. He had no idea how, but he just knew. He heard Kazamatta say to the others "We need to find a way out this gem probably has something to do with it. We should search the walls and anything else around for some type of area to place this gem.  If you find it holler out so. Ill begin in the left corner of the wall to me right working my way up tp the one ahead. I say 4 of us pick a wall and one begins searching the torches and the pedestal on which the crystal sits."

Wan was dressed in full Netch Leathor Armor. [see my upcoming post for a picture of my character.] He got up and started gliding the walls, looking for any imperfections in the wall.

lightspeed15

Zan blinked a few times, taking in his surroundings.

He gazes at each of his companions, trying to decide if they are enemy or friend. He listens to one begin to speak, giving commands, as if they were all old friends. He watches his companions move around the room, touching the walls, searching for something.

Zan smiles and laughs. All his companions jerk up and peer at him, quizically. He stands there cackling now as the others look at each other in bewildermnet.

Zan stops laughing, almost as sudden as he began. He soon sees a small dwarf make his way over to a pedestal upon which a gem rests. His mind snaps into overdrive as he quickly rushes over, pushing the dwarf out of the way.

His hands close upon the gem and he releases it from the pedestal's grasp. He stands there, holding the gem like a new-born baby, unaware of the horrors or blessings that he has unleashed upon his party.

Hasabushi

Zan
As you grab the gem it vibrates violently in his hand, and flies from your grasp cutting your hand, it quickly deposits itself back from whence it came. It seems to now however hover above the pedestal and you notice the room has gone slightly dimmer. (-1 to HP)

Wan & Kazamatta
After a thorough search of the room you find nothing of either interest or of consequence, the room appears to be on rather large complete stone facing, with neither end nor nook. The gem appears to be just that a gem on a pedestal.

Belgi
As you study the crystal you notice that it seems to glow brighter as you approach, there appears to be a light refracting off the surface of the crystal, its almost hypnotic, as for the pedestal it is covered in a some sort of ancient language it appears familiar but you can't seem to quite decipher it (Roll 1d20 if you wish to try an interpret the language)

Ving
(Not sure what your doing lol)

The light in the room has grown somewhat dimmer....

lightspeed15

Zan grabs his hand and starts hopping around, screaming in pain. He looks at his party and spots a cleric.

"HEAL ME! HEAL ME YOU WORTHLESS CLERIC!! DO YOU NOT SEE THIS CUT, I COULD GET BLOOD POSIONING!! HEAL ME!!!" Zan screams at him.

{WHATEVER THE CLERIC WISHES TO SAY}

Zan turns away and begins thinking. He can't remember anything, not even his past. He turns back towards his party and mumbles, "Sorry for being..uhh.."

{WHATEVER ONE OF YOU WISHES TO SAY}

"Sure, here, let me help you search."

Zan turns away once more and he begins knocking on the walls, seeking some kind of abnormality as far as the hollowness of the walls' is concerned.

Kazamatta

Feeling angered by the walls being normal and not being able o find a way out, I walk over to the pedestal. I attempt to decipher what it says but only understand two words, "You" and "Must" ( I knew I should've stayed in school). I look at the others. the only one who seems to be doing anything at this moment is Belgi who is kneeling at the pedestal. Looks as if he is lost in thought.

I notice the light has grown dimmer. I attempt to cast Light[rolls 1d20 and gets 10] so my fellow adventurers can see better in this large stone room. As for the way to get out of here, I know not. The best idea i had was maybe an indention in wall where the crystal can be placed and an exit would appear. With that idea failing I apologize to the others. before I attempt to cast the spell I make sure I am near belgi so if it works there will be enough light to help him read the script better.

Throndir

Belgi was about to carefully poke the gem on the pedestal, he was about to carefully handle it, making sure that there were no traps, no strings, no pressure points, or anything that could possibly cause any harm. Of course, that was until a seemingly menacing aura rushed at him from behind. And before the dwarf could react; it was already too late. The elven cleric behind him had rushed towards the pedestal, the creature's eyes almost hazed in... what was it? Belgi thought... eccentricity?

"Bah ye durned cleric!" Belgi said grumpily as he was pushed aside by the charging cleric. He thought of what his own dwarven brothers would have done; likely it would have been to charge forward barreling the cleric ot the ground. But of course, Belgi thought, an elven dwarf wouldn't do such a thing. Not a moment later the cleric cried out in pain as the gem whisked its way back towards the pedestal, floating instead. At that Belgi grinned, though he thought it better not to say a word.

It was then when he noticed the strange markings on the pedestal, they looked to be a language. Belgi had studied languages many years ago under the tutelage of his elven foster parents, and he wondered if there was anything he could decipher.

This dice roll has been tampered with!
Deciphering the language on the pedestal 1d20 : 4, total 4

Hasabushi

[Waiting on Emperor to post]

Hasabushi

Quote[New Rule: If your character isn't going to do anything or if you can't think of anything to write, simply enter the word "PASS" to indicate that the game can continue, if there is no response from your character after 8-12 hours it will be assumed that they are passing on their turn.]

QuoteSee http://forum.fantasyworldcreations.com/rules/additional-rules-turn-passing/new/#new in the Rules section

Emperor Wilbers

[Sorry everybody, I have school, so, you know. I'll just make this quick and easy:]

Wan sat on the ground, and prayed to his leader.

"Master Wilbers guide us. Master Wilbers teach us. Master Wilbers protect us. In your light we thrive. In your mercy we are sheltered. In your wisdom we are humbled. We live only to serve. Our lives are yours."

[I wanted to include myself. lol.]