[IC] Hellhounds in the City!

Started by Throndir, November 28, 2012, 09:58:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

As Ryine moved up, one of the hellhounds stepped closer to the huge Minotaur, and attempted to attack again as it bared its flame-surrounded fangs.

[spoiler]Rolls/Effects:
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Stats:
[spoiler]
QuoteRound 2 in progress - Still to move: Branwen, Gralof, Kassadin, Kin Sheel, Ryine, Sophie Cain, Hellhound 1, Hellhound 2

Missed Turns
Sophie Cain: 1

Damage Dealt

Spells/Abilities/Potions used since the day:
Branwen

Gralof

Kassadin
Deep Crystal Jovar (2 PP)
Psionic Weapon (Jovar)

Kin Sheel

Ryine

Sophie Cain

Party HP
Branwen: 9/9, resistance (9 rounds)
Gralof: 10/15,
Kassadin: 10/10, Psionic Weapon (inf), Deep Crystal Jovar (9 rounds)
Kin Sheel: 11/11,
Ryine: 25/25,
Sophie Cain: 5/5,

Area Effects
[/spoiler]

Map:
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Throndir

The hellhound struck, but Gralof was able to block the incoming attack with his large shield.

[spoiler]Rolls/Effects:
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Stats:
[spoiler]
QuoteRound 2 in progress - Still to move: Branwen, Gralof, Kassadin, Kin Sheel, Ryine, Sophie Cain, Hellhound 1, Hellhound 2

Missed Turns

Damage Dealt

Branwen

Gralof

Kassadin
Psionic Weapon (Jovar)

Kin Sheel

Ryine

Sophie Cain

Party HP

Area Effects
[/spoiler]

Map:
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Linwelin

Swiftly, Kin moved forward to strike the attacking hound after Gralof had blocked, executing a clean downward slice across the beast's body.

[spoiler][blockquote]Attack:  1d20+4 : 3 + 4, total 7[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Damage if hit:  3d6+4 : 3, 2, 1 + 4, total 10[/blockquote][/spoiler]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Eireleen

Seeing that two of her companions were now engaged with one of the hounds, she saw her chance to act. She walked only a bit further before stopping, deciding that she was in position. Then, she slowly turned her gaze to the hound.

The temperature of the air dropped instantly. Even with the sun high in the sky, casting its heat into the city, it suddenly felt as though a winter chill had seized the town. The air and the ground seemed to waver slightly - ever so slightly - as though the fabric of reality was shuddering.

But that small unease was nothing compared to the unnatural dread wrought upon the hound. Who knows what nightmares would be dreamt by the canine mind? The mind of a being of hell had everything it needed to construct the most horrible visions imaginable...

[spoiler]Branwen moves two squares northeast (15 feet), then casts Cause Fear on Hellhound 2.

Hellhound 2 must succeed on a DC 14 Will Save or flee for
[1d4] 1 = 1
rounds, provoking Attacks of Opportunity from Kin and Gralof as it does so.[/spoiler]

Throndir

Though Kin aimed well, the hellhound was easily able to avoid the attack, the creature growled low as it planned to strike again, but Branwen's spell caught it off guard. As Branwen's spell mentally attacked the hound, the creature was able to resist the magical intrusions, steeling itself against the onslaught and the encroaching sense of fear.

[spoiler]Rolls/Effects/Summary:
[spoiler]
Kin misses.
Hellhound 2 resisted.
[/spoiler]

Stats:
[spoiler]

Missed Turns

Damage Dealt

Branwen
Cause Fear (Level 1)

Gralof

Kassadin
Psionic Weapon (Jovar)

Kin Sheel

Ryine

Sophie Cain

Party HP

Area Effects
[/spoiler]

Map:
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

TheBigJon

Gralof assumed a defensive stance: his shield high, and his axe to the side. He raised his battleaxe and brought it down towards the hellhound in a clean downward arc.

[spoiler]Defensive Fighting. I'm not sure how to roll for this, or any attacks, so I'd like some help with that please. This dice roll has been tampered with!
battleaxe 1d20+1 : 7 + 1, total 8
This dice roll has been tampered with!
if hit 2d6+7 : 2, 4 + 7, total 13 Activate Fighting Defensively. +2 AC[/spoiler]

Throndir

As Gralof swung his axe attempting to best the beast, the hellhound dodged out of the way.

[spoiler]
Gralof misses.
[/spoiler]

Stats:
[spoiler]

Missed Turns

Damage Dealt

Branwen
Cause Fear (Level 1)

Gralof

Kassadin
Psionic Weapon (Jovar)

Kin Sheel

Ryine

Sophie Cain

Party HP
Branwen: 9/9, resistance (9 rounds),
Gralof: 10/15, fighting defensively,

Area Effects
[/spoiler]

Map:
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Bootman

Kassadin runs up to right behind Ryine, and then readies to charge on her next turn.

[spoiler]
Charge at the start of my next turn.
Rolled 1d20+8 : 20 + 8, total 28

Rolled 6d6+8 : 3, 6, 3, 5, 1, 3 + 8, total 29

[/spoiler]

Bootman

[spoiler] Er, not sure why it said I edited. But here's my confirmation.

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+8 : 16 + 8, total 24[/blockquote]

[/spoiler]

Throndir

As Kassadin moves forward, the hellhound steps closer to Gralof and attempts to attack.

[spoiler]I have to split up your post. I'll use the same rolls you did for the attack in the next round.
First round: Move, Move
Second round: Move, attack

Also have to lower your damage slightly to remove the extra +4, as both Psionic Weapon and an empowered deep crystal sword just add +4d6 altogether, and not 4d6+4. Same with the attack roll. Correct me if I'm wrong on it!

Rolls/Effects/Summary:
[spoiler]
Kassadin double moves.
Hellhound 5 ft steps forward, then attacks Gralof.
[/spoiler]

Stats:
[spoiler]

Missed Turns

Damage Dealt

Branwen
Cause Fear (Level 1)

Gralof

Kassadin
Psionic Weapon (Jovar)

Kin Sheel

Ryine

Sophie Cain

Party HP
Gralof: 10/15, dying

Area Effects
[/spoiler]

Map:
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Throndir

In a devasting attack, the hellhound managed to get through Gralof's defenses and land a horrible wound on the minotaur. The hellhound clamped on the minotaur's neck, as he brought down the minotaur to the ground, his blood pouring around him.

[spoiler]
Hellhound crits.
Gralof takes 13 damage, and 4 fire damage.
[/spoiler]

Stats:
[spoiler]

Missed Turns

Damage Dealt

Branwen
Cause Fear (Level 1)

Gralof

Kassadin
Psionic Weapon (Jovar)

Kin Sheel

Ryine

Sophie Cain

Party HP
Gralof: -7/15, dying
Kassadin: 10/10,

Area Effects
[/spoiler]

Map:
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Oath

I decide it is my time to act. I step forward about five feet to prepare to swing my sword down on a hell hound and hopefully protect our friend from dying.

[spoiler]attack roll [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+7 : 19 + 7, total 26[/blockquote]
if hit [blockquote]Rolled 1d8+4 : 5 + 4, total 9[/blockquote]

I took a 5 foot step as a free action before attacking hell hound 1[/spoiler]

Oath

[spoiler] crit confirm [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+7 : 20 + 7, total 27[/blockquote][/spoiler]

Throndir

Moving forward, Ryine slashes at the hellhound, landing a heavy blow to the beast. It was badly injured, but it still growled low and fought back. At least until Kassadin came forward using her psionically charged blade at the beast putting it out of its misery.

[spoiler]
Ryine moves, attacks, and crits.
Kassadin moves, attacks, and crits.
Hellhound 1 dies.
Gralof takes 1 damage due to dying.
[/spoiler]

Stats:
[spoiler]
QuoteRound 3 in progress - Still to move: Branwen, Gralof, Kassadin, Kin Sheel, Ryine, Sophie Cain, Hellhound 2

Missed Turns
Sophie Cain: 2

Damage Dealt

Branwen
Cause Fear (Level 1)

Gralof

Kassadin
Psionic Weapon (Jovar)

Kin Sheel

Ryine

Sophie Cain

Party HP
Branwen: 9/9, resistance (8 rounds),
Gralof: -8/15, dying
Kassadin: 10/10,

Area Effects
[/spoiler]

Map:
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Eireleen

The minotaur fell. That, honestly, came as a surprise to Branwen. Of all her allies, it had seemed to her that he would be the last one to go down.

It meant that it was time to act. Drawing her sword, she bounded over the minotaur's body, running over his armor towards the other hound. Normally, during the day when stealth was impossible, she wouldn't make such a brash approach. But it was clear that these enemies were not to be taken lightly, and had to be felled quickly.

The other hound should still be under the effects of her spell. It wasn't possible to resist it completely. Now was the time - they had to take advantage of that momentary weakness. With a single verse, she pronounced judgement upon its soul.

She could see immediately, the power that gripped the core of its being. She had declared to her master that its soul would be taken. And that pronouncement was law. It guided her actions and her blade, to fell the hound before it howled a moment longer.

[spoiler]Branwen moves two squares southeast, one square east, then one more square southeast (25 feet). She readies an action to attack the hound when/if Kin takes a five-foot-step south to make his own attack, so that it will count as flanking.

Due to her Hemeralopia, targets are treated as having 20% concealment in bright daylight. Branwen has Blind-Fight, so she rolls twice. If both concealment rolls are 20 or less, she misses.
[blockquote]Rolled 1d100 : 32, total 32[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Rolled 1d100 : 80, total 80[/blockquote]

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+7 : 11 + 7, total 18[/blockquote] vs AC
[blockquote]Rolled 1d6+1 : 1 + 1, total 2[/blockquote] piercing damage and [blockquote]Rolled 1d6 : 1, total 1[/blockquote] acid damage

In addition, she activates her Resistance Judgement as a swift action, giving herself Resist 2 Fire for the encounter.[/spoiler]