Lance

[spoiler]Round 19
Status
Faus:

13/13
Ryine:
-15/13[/spoiler]

And aga-

...and with that final attack, the duel had finally ended with the crowd cheering the man who had emerged victorious with hardly a scratch, though a noticeable portion of the crowd made only a hallow cheer. The armored man's act of humiliation in front of a small girl was still fresh in their mind. And so, amidst the cheering, there were plenty of jeers and outright booing as well.

But that hardly mattered to Faus, who even now raised his sword-hand high into the air.

[spoiler]http://www.youtube.com/v/gAFxnsxVZIw&autoplay=1
"GLORY!!"[/spoiler]

But as soon as his hand went up, Faus' hand went down, ending his victory a bit more earlier than was usual.

"Healers!," Faus shouted, as he pointed one mailed glove towards the man fallen at his feet.

"Fix him up."
"A wish? Okay, genie, make me a ham sandwich."

Bootman

Kassadin emerged on the right side of the arena, shrugging her shoulders and stretching her legs. She sized up her enemy slowly, not entirely sure what she was getting into. Still, it'd be interesting at the very least. After a moment, the warrior slammed her sword down at her side, resting on the hilt and grinning at Faus.

"Ryine is pretty good, but I don't think you know what you're getting into with me."

Her eyes eventually drifted to the crowd around her, breathless in anticipation for the battle. "Just like old times."

Burdenking

The next challenger for Faus entered through the left door, the sound of hooves hitting stone filling the quiet room. From around the corner, a fully armored and armed Centauress walked in, a shield in one hand and a lance in the other. Zallri looked around the ring, seeing and hearing the crowd, and being there for the fun of it, she lifted up her lance and shield into the air to coax some cheers., relying on her intimidating stature for some cheers.

(intimidation check: [1d20+7] 16 = 16 + 7 = 23)

Throndir

Taking her place behind Kassadin, Annia was the next to emerge into the arena as the crowds again cheered for another competitor against Faus. She felt giddy, though she realized it was likely from the multitude of people who watched them. The other members of the group were other guild members, and though she didn't quite know yet the centaur's prowess she had seen those of their race fight before and knew that the warrior was probably greatly skilled. After all, the centaur was a guild member. As for the warrior in front of Annia, she already knew her in previous missions. She suppressed a chuckle as she recalled the time when the turkeys had nearly over-run the guild.

As usual, Annia was planning to use her greatsword. She rarely used her katana, and though the guild seemed friendly and trustworthy enough, she didn't quite want to use her blade. She remembered the betrayal from before she had joined, because of the very fact that she used her katana and its powers having manifesting. But as she reached to pull her greatsword out from its scabbard, her mentor spoke.

Nevermind the crowd Annia. Use me for this fight. Her mentor said.

It'll only cause trouble. The paladin was quick to reply, her thoughts still in the past.

It will be fine. I shall be just a regular blade. Just sharper, cleaner, and less barbaric than the greatsword you have with you of course. Her mentor replied teasingly. Annia shook her head. She pulled the greatsword and placed herself in the stance that the those in the Order of the Golden Dawn had taught her.

There was a strange feeling of somberness that came off from her katana then. A feeling which took Annia by surprise. She felt guilt then, her mentor rarely had requests after all. A moment later, she sheathed the greatsword.

As you wish then. With that the paladin drew her katana, the sword pleased as it glistened in the night-time light. She closed her eyes and breathed deeply, letting her blade fall relaxed to her side, the first step in the teachings her mentor had given her. Opening her eyes she considered her weapon.

She only hoped that no one in the arena or any of the many spectators recognized the blade.

Lance

[spoiler]Round 1
Status
Faus:

13/13
Kassadin:
10/10
Zallri:
11/11
Annia
10/10[/spoiler]

Maneuver Granted:
[spoiler]

• Crusader's Strike
  • Crusader's Strike
  • Crusader's Strike
  • Stone Bones
  • Charging Minotaur
Rolled 1d5 : 5, total 5
Rolled 1d4 : 1, total 1
Rolled 1d3 : 3, total 3
[/spoiler]

A day has passed since the first round of combat and already it seemed as if word of the event had been passed on. There were significantly more spectators among the crowd. From merchants to tailors to fellow warriors, a great number of people had come to watch.

As a result, there was significantly more activity throughout the arena's perimeter: a wide assortment of food and drink were being consumed throughout the arena, a few wagers made, and even a few posters displayed, most of which of the kind that had started the whole ordeal.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

By now, it had become a symbol of this event and so people began waving it about, in support of the arena that had helped relieved them of the stress accumulated with their daily routines.

Night has come again and although things have, for the most part, remained the same, a slight change had been made to Galas'nor's lone challenger...

Map:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

...he was mounted.

"Galas'nor!," Faus roared.
"I may have underestimated you once before, but no longer."

The armored man pointed his lance towards his next challengers.

"Prepare yourselves."

Burdenking

Damn, i had believed my speed would be my advantage. Thought Zallri, hefting her lance and pointing it at her enemy in preparation of the starting bell. Her other two weapon dangled at the ready on her horse half. Her tower shield weighted down her other arm, but she quickly adjusted it to be more comfortable and be ready for an impact.

Looking to her right, she saw two woman standing next to each other on the other door. Her hooves tipped and tapped on the stone, preparing for her opening attack. She stared at the other two, and feeling a bit competitive, "Hey girls," she called to the woman who she had worked with on a previous mission and Annia " I bet you a hundred goal I'm the one that beats him." she said, wanting to add a little more risk to the game.

Throndir

[spoiler]Dont know my modifier, just add my Dex to this roll. [blockquote]Initiative 1d20 : 9, total 9[/blockquote][/spoiler]

Lance

[spoiler]Dex modifier was 0. Added 0.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]On a more serious note...
Turn Order: Faus --> Kassadin --> Zallri --> Annia [/spoiler]

Beneath his armored helm, the Crusader smiled. He had been eagerly awaiting this moment. For an entire day, he had waited. For after he had made his preparations, he came to the arena early and merely stood there in quiet reflection, becoming little more than a living statue on a similarly motionless horse. And though many speculated many wild ideas of what the man was thinking when he lay dormant in the center of the arena, in truth, no one really knew what went through his head.

Then the members of Galas'nor arrived and with their coming, the statue moved.

Faus was glad of their coming. Originally, his plan involved fighting them all at once, but he eventually settled for another approach-fighting small, but progressively larger groups of opponents from the Guild of Galas'nor. Even so, the armored man had ached for continued battle after the events of last night. That battle had left him only with a craving for yet MORE battle, MORE glory. He wanted to fight a battle worthy of song, One that would cause the bards to sing of his deeds long after his time.

Faus' smile turned to frown then as he remembered. He had fought in such a battle before. Only, things had not gone as expected then...

The Crusader sighed and once again turned his thoughts to the present-to the new opponents that now stood before him.

This time, things would be different.

"On guard!"

And with that shout, Faus spurred his mount onwards towards the two challengers on his left. For why charge at a single opponent when you could charge at two?

Map:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

QuoteTargetting: Kassadin

Charge Attack (Heavy Warhorse):
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+8 : 3 + 8, total 11[/blockquote]
Damage (Hoof1):
[blockquote]Rolled 1d6+4 : 1 + 4, total 5[/blockquote]

Fight With Warhorse:
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+6 : 10 + 6, total 16[/blockquote]

QuoteIf successful (Fight With Warhorse):
Charge Attack (Lance):
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+7 : 19 + 7, total 26[/blockquote]
Damage (Lance)<Doubled>:
[blockquote]Rolled 1d8+3 : 5 + 3, total 8[/blockquote]

Bootman

The blow sent blood flying all over the walls in a splash, her stomach impaled with the lance. Despite the wound, she still gripped her sword in hand, as if it were a life line. Her leg shook with the preasure of holding up her weakened body, and just when it look like she would collapse, Faus noticed it. Kassadin was grinning.

She wasn't one to monologue in the middle of the fight, she let her smile and her body do the talking. Faus had made a critical mistake. Even if she fell here, the centaur would charge and win in just a few seconds. Still, admitting defeat here just wasn't something she was willing to do. Focusing her will, her vigor was restored. Every muscle tensed and every hair stood on end with the effort as she gripped her sword with both hands.

Energy leapt from her body into the blade, causing it's crystal runes to glow a pale green. She swung the blade with the last of her energy, falling down with the momentum of her blade with a sickening 'thump'.

[spoiler]

Okay, to be clear on my actions. I spent three PP to negate 6 damage. Then, being at 0 HP, I am disabled. Meaning I can take one standard or move action before taking one point of damage and starting to bleed out. The bonus damage below came from psionic weapon, which boosts damage by 2d6.

This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d20+6 : 5 + 6, total 11      

This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 4d6+4 : 5, 6, 6, 2 + 4, total 23

[/spoiler]

Burdenking

Zallri saw the sudden attack, a cursed at herself for being so slow. She had her feet lifted into the air as she reered, then charged forward thunderously. the stone was pounded on repeatedly by her earthshaking charge, retribution fueling her her body. Her Lance lowered, aiming right for the man's heart while her shield was raise don her left side. "Fall swiftly, fall forever!" She cried, sending her lance at the man the second before contact.

[spoiler]
(Zallri charges at Faus.)

([blockquote]Rolled 1d20+6 : 15 + 6, total 21[/blockquote])

(if hit: [blockquote]Rolled 2d6+6 : 2, 1 + 6, total 9[/blockquote] x2)
[/spoiler]

Throndir

Just as the the clear sound of the bell that marked the start of the duel rang, action was immediately started. In mere moments, Faus had charged, galloping his horse towards both Kassadin and Annia.

[spoiler]Using 2h on katana. 15-20 Threat, x3.

[blockquote]Attack, katana 1d20+6 : 1 + 6, total 7[/blockquote]
[blockquote]if hit 1d10+4 : 5 + 4, total 9[/blockquote][/spoiler]
[blockquote]if crit, add this to roll 1d10+4 : 3 + 4, total 7[/blockquote][/spoiler]

Lance

[spoiler]Round 2
Status
Faus:

13/13
Kassadin:
-1/10
Zallri:
11/11
Annia
10/10[/spoiler]

Maneuver Granted:
[spoiler]
Crusader's Strike
[/spoiler]

With one foe downed, Faus swiftly parried the counter-attack and just barely got his shield up in time to defend against the charging centaur. A soft chuckle escaped his lips then. THIS was a battle worth waiting for.

Leaving his lance embedded within his first target, Faus drew his long sword and turned to attack the larger of his two opponents-the centaur.

[spoiler]
Full Attack (Warhorse):
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+6 : 15 + 6, total 21[/blockquote]
Damage (Hoof1):
[blockquote]Rolled 1d6+4 : 3 + 4, total 7[/blockquote]
Full Attack (Warhorse):
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+6 : 14 + 6, total 20[/blockquote]
Damage (Hoof1):
[blockquote]Rolled 1d6+4 : 6 + 4, total 10[/blockquote]
Full Attack (Warhorse):
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+1 : 1 + 1, total 2[/blockquote]
Damage (Bite):
[blockquote]Rolled 1d4+2 : 2 + 2, total 4[/blockquote]

Fight With Warhorse:
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+6 : 8 + 6, total 14[/blockquote]

QuoteIf successful (Fight With Warhorse):
STRIKE: Stone Bones
Attack (Long Sword):
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+5 : 12 + 5, total 17[/blockquote]
Damage (Long Sword):
[blockquote]Rolled 1d8+3 : 2 + 3, total 5[/blockquote]

[/spoiler]

Burdenking

Zallri had thought that her attack had ended the fight, and was not prepared for the sudden counter attack the followed. She managed to blocked the attacks of Faus easily enough, despite her charge leaving her open for attack. sadly, the horses attack hit her hard, sending herself to the ground as the attack destroyed her defenses and knocked her unconscious, in an embarrassingly easy manner.

Throndir

[spoiler]I'm just going to post, even if it's not my turn. o-o Lance you can feel free to move the results of this post to when it actually is Annia's turn.[/spoiler]

Her first strike missing pretty badly, Annia focuses herself and attempts to strike again.

[spoiler]Katana +1, keen, masterwork: 15-20 x3
[blockquote]attack 1d20+6 : 13 + 6, total 19[/blockquote]
[blockquote]if hit 1d10+4 : 3 + 4, total 7[/blockquote]
[blockquote]if crit 1d10+4 : 9 + 4, total 13[/blockquote]
[blockquote]if crit 1d10+4 : 5 + 4, total 9[/blockquote][/spoiler]

Throndir

[spoiler]Hey Lance, I'm moving again.[/spoiler]

Readying herself again Annia attacks!

[spoiler][blockquote]Katana +1, keen, masterwork 1d20+6 : 20 + 6, total 26[/blockquote]
[blockquote]if hit 1d10+4 : 4 + 4, total 8[/blockquote]
[blockquote]if crit, crit confirm 1d20+6 : 1 + 6, total 7[/blockquote]
[blockquote]if crit, crit dmg 1d10+4 : 5 + 4, total 9[/blockquote]
[blockquote]if crit, crit dmg 1d10+4 : 4 + 4, total 8[/blockquote][/spoiler]