[IC] Oglen the Ogre

Started by Throndir, November 18, 2012, 01:44:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

As Ryine came closer to light the torch, the area illuminated. There was no other passage through the cave, and you see a chest as well as a makeshift bed that Oglen surely would have used to sleep on.

[spoiler]
Rolls:
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Stats:
[spoiler]
QuoteRound x in progress - Still to move: Anyone

Damage Dealt
Oglen: 39

Spells/Abilities/Potions used since the day:
Sophie Cain
Bless (Level 1)
Summon Monster I (Level 1)
Cure Light Wounds (Level 1)

Ryine

Saendal
Dancing Lights (Drow)
Doom (Level 1)

Jornathel Mithraiian
Magic Missile (Level 1)
Mage Armor (Level 1)
Magic Missile (Level 1)
Magic Missile (Level 1)

Kin Sheel

Party HP
Sophie Cain: 5/5,
Ryine: 5/13,
Saendal: 6/6,
Max: -3/13, dying
Jornathel Mithraiian: 9/9, mage armor (585 rounds)
Kin Sheel: 11/11,

Area Effects
[/spoiler]

Map:
[spoiler]
[/spoiler][/spoiler]

Manzokushi

It was good that everyone had made it through the encounter safely. The ogre was tough, but the guild had proved to be tougher still. It was good to know they had rid the world of another evil that terrorized the country side. Perhaps their were some collectables to be found, surely a creature such as this had tucked away a few baubles.

[spoiler]Jorn moves further southwest following the wall, up to my max movement of 40.[/spoiler]

Throndir

[spoiler]
Rolls:
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Stats:
[spoiler]
QuoteRound x in progress - Still to move: Anyone

Damage Dealt
Oglen: 39, dead

Spells/Abilities/Potions used since the day:
Sophie Cain
Bless (Level 1)
Summon Monster I (Level 1)
Cure Light Wounds (Level 1)

Ryine

Saendal
Dancing Lights (Drow)
Doom (Level 1)

Jornathel Mithraiian
Magic Missile (Level 1)
Mage Armor (Level 1)
Magic Missile (Level 1)
Magic Missile (Level 1)

Kin Sheel

Party HP
Sophie Cain: 5/5,
Ryine: 5/13,
Saendal: 6/6,
Max: -3/13, dying
Jornathel Mithraiian: 9/9, mage armor (585 rounds)
Kin Sheel: 11/11,

Area Effects
[/spoiler]

Map:
[spoiler]
[/spoiler][/spoiler]

Linwelin

Kin looks around, still standing on top of the ogre with his sword, seeing everyone standing around looking over the room. Then, it hits him. Oh, right! SPOILS! The group sees Kin frantically running around, searching the room for treasure and the like.

[spoiler][blockquote]Search:  1d20+1 : 7 + 1, total 8[/blockquote][/spoiler]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Throndir

Nearer the corner of the cave, you see what looks to be a chest.

Linwelin

"I found a chest!" Kin exclaims excitedly. "Can anyone pick locks, or do I have to work some magic?" Kin asks this, but is already drawing his sword, ready to wind up and break the chest open.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Oath

"You should just work some magic, Kin. What is the worst that could happen?" I say as I smile, amused at the prospect of him attempting to smash the chest with his sword.

Linwelin

Kin heard Ryine's words as permission, and saw the smile as a challenge. "One magic trick, coming right up!" The halfling swung his blade right at the lock of the chest, hoping to smash it and not the contents.

[spoiler][blockquote]Attack:  1d20+4 : 13 + 4, total 17[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Damage:  3d6+4 : 1, 2, 1 + 4, total 8[/blockquote][/spoiler]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

Smashing the chest weakened it, but it was still intact.

Oath

"Wow, Kin, you can't even destroy a chest? Let this crippled man show you how it's done." I approach the chest and raise my blade preparing to attack the lock in the fashion that Kin did.

[spoiler]attack roll[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+4 : 14 + 4, total 18[/blockquote]
if hit [blockquote]Rolled 1d8+3 : 4 + 3, total 7[/blockquote][/spoiler]

Throndir

And as Ryine's sword came crashing down on the old and worn-down object, the chest broke apart revealing the contents inside.

[spoiler]RP ended. All posts from this forward on will earn Exp from the Freeform formula. Check the OOC thread for the questionnaire and loot.[/spoiler]

Linwelin

Kin mutters frustrated, "I was just unlucky...done it plenty of times before! That and you know I did most of the damage anyways!" Then he remarks quickly, "Had to cripple the chest for the crippled man."

Happy with his last comment, Kin kneels down and begins sifting through the items the chest contained. He saw the sword, but it was too small for his tastes. Nice craftsmanship though. With that, he picked it up and handed it to Ryine. "Your share." He grinned up at him.

He then kept searching. Gold is always good, there's a nice amount of coin here...Ooo a ring! And an amulet of some sort! Even some boots. They all seem special in some way, I should probably ask one of the mages here to check them out...I gotta try to call dibs on them first though! Haha! "Dibs on this stuff!" He says, only half joking, knowing he can't have it all, but definitely wants something.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Oath

"Well, Kin, you might say I am crippled, but it is only a handful of broken ribs, if I let that stop me, I am not going to be much of a man now, am I?"

Inspecting the long sword that Kin has handed me, I see that it is of high quality, definitely a much better piece than what I am using currently. However, my untrained eyes cannot tell exactly what it does. I am definitely curious about this, but I will have to rely on one of the others to find out.

"Do any of the more magically-inclined among us have the ability to unlock the mystery of this long sword? Or will I have to venture to town and toss some coin at a stranger for this service?"