[IC] Oglen the Ogre

Started by Throndir, November 18, 2012, 01:44:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neko

Sophie looked up at the creature, awe struck. Well, it was certainly tall! As the ogre approached them, Sophie decided to make an attempt at the first hit. With the flick of her wrist, a celestial giant fire beetle appeared beside the ogre, and immediately attacked the large creature. "Go beetle go!" Sophie cheered.

[spoiler]
Beetle uses "Smite Evil."

Attack This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d20 : 18, total 18

If hit This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 2d4 : 1, 1, total 2

[/spoiler]

Manzokushi

It was time to conceal his movements, why waste a good surprise if one can use it to their advantage. The elf melts into the shadows and begins to tread softly. But those actions seemed to have been for naught. The loud Halfling along with the human stirred the creature from its slumber. Well so much for sneaking up on the beast.

Jorn, move with an even pace to stand next to Sophie. ?Well what a fine mess we are in and a waste of a surprise at that. I am reminded of a Temple we were in not too long ago Sophie. It appears Kin happens to be a magnet for these types of things.?

His left hand moved through a series of gestures and soft arcane syllables flowed under his breath.

[spoiler]Magic Missile [blockquote]Rolled 1d4+1 : 2 + 1, total 3[/blockquote] Damage[/spoiler]

Throndir

Oh how the ogre yelped at the surprise of seeing a large glowing beetle appear from out of no where sinking its fangs into its legs. Immediately after, a bolt of magic shot out from Jornathel striking the ogre straight in its chest.

[spoiler]
QuoteRound 1 in progress - Still to move: Ryine, Saendal

Damage Dealt
Oglen: 6

Spells/Abilities/Potions used since the day:
Sophie Cain
Bless (Level 1)
Summon Monster I (Level 1)

Ryine

Saendal
Dancing Lights (Drow)

Jornathel Mithraiian
Magic Missile (Level 1)

Kin Sheel

Party HP
Sophie Cain: 5/5, bless (7 rounds),
Ryine: 13/13, bless (7 rounds),
Saendal: 6/6, bless (7 rounds),
Jornathel Mithraiian: 9/9, bless (7 rounds),
Kin Sheel: 11/11, bless (7 rounds), total defense

Area Effects
Dancing Lights (6 rounds)

[/spoiler]

Linwelin

Seeing the ogre now distracted with the beetle, Kin shifts forward, holding a defensive stance, ready to counter and dodge if needed. He lashes out with his greatsword, hoping to connect solidly. This is the first time I've actually been afraid to approach something! So THIS is what Bran felt like about the doors and worms that whole time...meh, still worth it.

[spoiler]Combat Expertise and Fighting Defesively active: -5 to attack roll, +3 to AC

AC = 22

[blockquote]Attack:  1d20-2 : 11 - 2, total 9[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Damage if hit:  3d6+4 : 3, 5, 2 + 4, total 14[/blockquote][/spoiler]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Throndir

The halfling's large sword moved with ease and precision as it aimed towards the ogre. Oglen, seeing the attack, managed to parry the blow.

[spoiler] This dice roll has been tampered with!
Players' Roll 1d20 : 16, total 16
This dice roll has been tampered with!
Enemies' Roll 1d20 : 12, total 12

QuoteRound 2 in progress - Still to move: SophieCain, Ryine, Saendal, Jornathel Mithraiian, Oglen

Damage Dealt

Sophie Cain
Bless (Level 1)

Ryine

Saendal
Dancing Lights (Drow)

Jornathel Mithraiian
Magic Missile (Level 1)
Mage Armor (Level 1)

Kin Sheel

Party HP
Sophie Cain: 5/5, bless (6 rounds),
Ryine: 13/13, bless (6 rounds),
Saendal: 6/6, bless (6 rounds),
Jornathel Mithraiian: 9/9, bless (6 rounds), mage armor (595 rounds)
Kin Sheel: 11/11, bless (6 rounds), combat expertise, fighting defensively

Area Effects
Dancing Lights (5 rounds)

[/spoiler]

Oath

I approach and stand next to the flaming beetle and prepare my sword. I swing in hopes of perhaps making it change its target to me, and also in hopes of inflicting a wound.

[spoiler]{Attack roll}[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+4 : 3 + 4, total 7[/blockquote]

If hit: [blockquote]Rolled 1d8+3 : 4 + 3, total 7[/blockquote]
Move 3 south 1 south-west squares.
[/spoiler]

Throndir

As Ryine went forward behind the beetle, Oglen found an opportunity to attack. Grinning wide, the ogre swung his club, aiming for the fighter.

[spoiler][blockquote]Oglen's attack 1d20+8 : 12 + 8, total 20[/blockquote]
[blockquote]if hit 2d8+7 : 5, 4 + 7, total 16[/blockquote]

QuoteRound 2 in progress - Still to move: Sophie Cain, Saendal, Jornathel Mithraiian

Damage Dealt

Sophie Cain
Bless (Level 1)

Ryine

Saendal
Dancing Lights (Drow)

Jornathel Mithraiian
Magic Missile (Level 1)

Kin Sheel

Party HP
Ryine: 13/13, bless (6 rounds),
Jornathel Mithraiian: 9/9, bless (6 rounds),

Area Effects

[/spoiler]

Throndir

And with that shot that huge club the ogre used smashed Ryine against the wall. Stones rattled, and sounds of cracking momentarily filled the room. A second later Ryine fell back down, unmoving. You were unsure if he was dead or not, and from your vantage point, it was hard to tell. Oglen doubled back his efforts and gave little attention to the fallen warrior, focusing instead on the others who were still moving.

[spoiler]
QuoteRound 2 in progress - Still to move: Sophie Cain, Saendal, Jornathel Mithraiian

Damage Dealt

Sophie Cain
Bless (Level 1)

Ryine

Saendal
Dancing Lights (Drow)

Jornathel Mithraiian
Magic Missile (Level 1)
Mage Armor (Level 1)

Kin Sheel

Party HP
Ryine: -3/13, bless (6 rounds), dying

Area Effects

[/spoiler]

Neko

Sophie laughed at Jorn's comment, also recalling previous events. "I don't think stealth is really Kin's style. "She replied with a smile. "But it gets us through things faster I suppose~." Just as Sophie looked back at the matter at hand, she watched in horror as Ryine was crushed against the wall. Her heart began to race. The fight had seemed almost like a game at first, but it had become much more serious in the blink of an eye. She rushed to Ryine's side (Mimic following right behind) and knelt beside him, quickly placing both hands on the fallen man's side.

[spoiler]

Cure light wounds

Rolled 1d8+1 : 7 + 1, total 8

[/spoiler]

Throndir

Rushing up to the wounded warrior, Sophie, kneeling beside him, placed her hands on the warrior. A soft glow covered her hands as it spread at first the wounds and eventually Ryine's entire body. A moment more and he was healed.

[spoiler]
QuoteRound 2 in progress - Still to move: Saendal, Jornathel Mithraiian

Damage Dealt

Sophie Cain
Bless (Level 1)
Cure Light Wounds (Level 1)

Ryine

Saendal
Dancing Lights (Drow)

Jornathel Mithraiian
Magic Missile (Level 1)
Mage Armor (Level 1)

Kin Sheel

Party HP
Ryine: 5/13, bless (6 rounds),

Area Effects

[/spoiler]

Manzokushi

The sight of Ryine being flung like a rag doll was slightly horrifying and also expect. The sheer size alone of such a creature, begged to be left alone at all costs. Jorn refused to move closer, knowing the dangers that entailed, hoping if it did come to that, his magic would protect him. He worried for Sophie?s safety as she moved closer to the fray. But each played a part in this terrible encounter and it was time to trust his guild mates would do the right thing and survive.

His left hand moved through a series of gestures and soft arcane syllables flowed under his breath. The spell was practiced and a simple feat to perform. His arcane strength was draining but for now it would have to hold.

[spoiler]Magic Missile: [blockquote]Rolled 1d4+1 : 2 + 1, total 3[/blockquote] [/spoiler]

Linwelin

Kin noticed how easily this brute could flatten the party if they didn't fight smart, so he began to think of any possible advantages he could get. What to do, what to do...GOT IT! Keeping up his guard, the halfling shifted 5 ft toward the back of the cave, still next to the ogre. We have to flank this thing, and if I'm lucky, I'll keep his attention...just have to hit.

With that, Kin cuts diagonally down from right to left with a quick spin hoping to sever the beast's leg at least, or some sort of wound.

[spoiler]Combat Expertise and Defensive fighting still active

AC = 22

[blockquote]Attack:  1d20-2 : 4 - 2, total 2[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Damage if hit:  3d6+4 : 4, 4, 3 + 4, total 15[/blockquote][/spoiler]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Throndir

Moving further into the cave a few steps at a time Kin keeps attempting to off-balance and attack the huge ogre. He was planning to flank the beast, fortunately the dumb beast took no notice of the action, instead he was more intent on smashing the halfling out of its misery.

[spoiler]Turn Order
[spoiler] This dice roll has been tampered with!
Players Roll 1d20 : 12, total 12
Enemies Roll 1d20 : 17, total 17[/spoiler]

Stats:
[spoiler]
QuoteRound 3 in progress - Still to move: Sophie Cain, Ryine, Saendal, Jornathel Mithraiian, Oglen

Damage Dealt
Oglen: 9

Sophie Cain
Bless (Level 1)
Cure Light Wounds (Level 1)

Ryine

Saendal
Dancing Lights (Drow)

Jornathel Mithraiian
Magic Missile (Level 1)
Mage Armor (Level 1)
Magic Missile (Level 1)

Kin Sheel

Party HP
Sophie Cain: 5/5, bless (5 rounds),
Ryine: 5/13, bless (5 rounds),
Saendal: 6/6, bless (5 rounds),
Jornathel Mithraiian: 9/9, bless (5 rounds), mage armor (594 rounds)
Kin Sheel: 11/11, bless (5 rounds), combat expertise, fighting defensively

Area Effects
Dancing Lights (4 rounds)
[/spoiler]

Map:
[spoiler]
[/spoiler][/spoiler]

Emperor Wilbers

Saendal backed up a few steps as the ogre approached the group. His eyes widened for a moment, but then he remembered what he was fighting for. He ran up to Ryine's left side and readied for attack. "On guard!" he exclaimed when he fired his first spell.

[spoiler]Cast Doom upon the evil beast. (If there are any modifiers please add them in. :) )[1d20] 12 = 12[/spoiler]

Throndir

[spoiler][blockquote]Oglen's Will save vs Doom 1d20+1 : 12 + 1, total 13[/blockquote][/spoiler]