[IC] Temple of Dorgan

Started by Throndir, November 15, 2012, 03:05:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eireleen

[spoiler]I'm assuming Kin's new position on the map is in error, as I don't recall him moving back.[/spoiler]

Branwen, seeming satisfied of the halfling's advance, strode forward through the darkened hall behind him, watching idly as he chased down the worm. Given that she was nearly twice as fast as he on foot, she could have likely chased it down more effectively. But what need had she to be running amok in this godforsaken heat when her hapless companion would gladly do it for her?

Exertion wouldn't do her very well. She walked at a relaxed pace, following the halfling's trail as the elf and the little girl finally caught up.
"I was wondering what was taking you two so long." She stated distantly, "He'll be fine." She assured the girl, "Well, probably."

[spoiler]Branwen double-moves up the hallway (60 ft max), ending behind Kin[/spoiler]

Throndir

[spoiler][blockquote]Players' Roll 1d20 : 6, total 6[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Enemies' Roll 1d20 : 4, total 4[/blockquote][/spoiler]

[spoiler]
QuoteRound 2 in progress - Still to move: Kin Sheel, Branwen, Sophie Cain, Jornathel Mithraiian

Damage Dealt

Spells/Abilities/Potions used since the day:
Kin Sheel

Branwen
Resistance (Level 0)

Sophie Cain
Bless (Level 1)

Jornathal Mithraiian
Magic Missile (Level 1)

Party HP
Kin Sheel: 9/11, bless (7 rounds),
Branwen: 9/9, bless (7 rounds), resistance (7 rounds),
Sophie Cain: 5/5, bless (7 rounds),
Jornathal Mithraiian: 9/9, bless (7 rounds),

[/spoiler]

Linwelin

Kin sees that he is advancing on the scared worm much faster than expected. Why aren't you running...!? Then he looked back to see Bran strutting her way down the hall. WHY AREN'T YOU RUNNING!...wait, no, that's expected.

Upon finally catching up to the worm, Kin made a whirling horizontal slash with his abnormally sized greatsword, hoping to smash and slash right through the darned thing. On one hand, I'm ending the injured thing's misery...but if it was being attacked before, it obviously had it coming!...ugh, I need a drink after this.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Throndir

[spoiler][blockquote]Attack 1d20+3 : 6 + 3, total 9[/blockquote]
[blockquote]if hit 1d20+4 : 13 + 4, total 17[/blockquote][/spoiler]

Throndir

With skill and ease the halfling swung his weapon around aiming for the injured and weakened creature before him. Yes for all it was worth, the wormlike creature, seeing its apparent demise, managed to squirm out of the way as the blade skidded off the creature's rock-like skin.

As the heat built up, Kin was able to resist it. But his sword, being exposed to the heat for so long, burnt the halflings hands again.

[spoiler]
QuoteRound 2 in progress - Still to move: Branwen, Sophie Cain, Jornathel Mithraiian

Damage Dealt

Kin Sheel

Branwen
Resistance (Level 0)

Sophie Cain
Bless (Level 1)

Jornathal Mithraiian
Magic Missile (Level 1)

Party HP
Kin Sheel: 8/11, bless (7 rounds),

[/spoiler]

Linwelin

Urk! That skid hurt my burnt hand you damn worm! "Grrraaa! Let me kill you already!" Kin voices as he prepares to defend against the worm's counter, if there was one. Before taking the stance though, he quickly shakes off the pain from the burn from his hands. Ohhh this is going to feel GREAT later... He thinks to himself sarcastically.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Eireleen

The black girl merely sighed as Kin's wild, untamed swing missed completely. "If you're going to block the hallway like a large rock, try to be more useful than one, while you're at it." She said disparagingly, walking a little further up. The narrow hall left only room for one attacker. Grumbling a bit more to herself, she raised her hand slightly.

In her palm appeared a sizzling mass of boiling hot acid, floating in the air as a sphere no more than eight centimeters in diameter. It was a mere cantrip, but she had little choice with the bumbling halfling in her way. With a lazy wave of her hand, the acid flew from her fingertips like a thrown baseball, aimed at the worm's hide.

[spoiler]Branwen casts Acid Splash.
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+4 : 7 + 4, total 11[/blockquote] vs Touch AC for [blockquote]Rolled 1d3 : 1, total 1[/blockquote] Acid damage[/spoiler]

Throndir

The orb of acid sizzled across the worm's hide, leaving marks on the creature. In response the creature grumbled, though it looked more annoyed than seriously injured.

The heat took its toll on Branwen.

[spoiler][blockquote]Nonlethal heat damage (for failed prior fort save of 8) 1d4 : 3, total 3[/blockquote]
QuoteRound 2 in progress - Still to move: Sophie Cain, Jornathel Mithraiian

Damage Dealt
Worm: 1

Kin Sheel

Branwen
Resistance (Level 0)

Sophie Cain
Bless (Level 1)

Jornathal Mithraiian
Magic Missile (Level 1)

Party HP
Kin Sheel: 8/11, bless (7 rounds),
[/spoiler]

Neko

"Me and Jorn decided to explore the room a bit!" Sophie said cheerfully to Bran. Sophie couldn't tell if Bran had actually been trying to be comforting with her comment about Kin, but she appreciated it regardless. Sophie stuck with the girl as they made their way down the hall, closer to where Kin was taking on the worm. "So hot..." Sophie thought to herself.

Throndir

As Jornathel and Sophie moved up to their companions, though the waves of heat bothered them, the two managed to shake off the effects and continue on.

[spoiler]Would like Kin Sheel, Sophie Cain, and Jornathel Mithraiian to roll Fortitude saves again whenever they can. Branwen rolled hers before so I'll still use hers.

[blockquote]Players' Roll 1d20 : 12, total 12[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Enemies' Roll 1d20 : 2, total 2[/blockquote]

QuoteRound 3 in progress - Still to move: Kin Sheel, Branwen, Sophie Cain, Jornathel Mithraiian, Worm

Damage Dealt
Worm: 1

Kin Sheel

Branwen
Resistance (Level 0)
Acid Splash (Level 0)

Sophie Cain
Bless (Level 1)

Jornathal Mithraiian
Magic Missile (Level 1)

Party HP
Kin Sheel: 8/11, bless (6 rounds),
Branwen: 9/9, bless (6 rounds), resistance (6 rounds),
Sophie Cain: 5/5, bless (6 rounds),
Jornathal Mithraiian: 9/9, bless (6 rounds),

[/spoiler]

Linwelin

It took a lot to curb and focus his anger into disciplined actions, but Kin finally managed. He was done with this one too, and really needed to sheath his sword. I have to end this fight, or else things will start going badly from now on. As much as I love playing the fool for laughs and fun, this is work, I need to get my head in this and stick to the mission. Come on, Kin! Get yourself together!

Though not as intense as before, Kin's stance and mood changed once again, his movements much more refined and almost graceful. With a sudden, precise swing, Kin threw his whole body into a near flawless flick, sending the blade's edge into the air above the two. With a sudden, smooth pull, Kin whipped the blade down vertically into the worm.

[spoiler][blockquote]Attack:  1d20+3 : 10 + 3, total 13[/blockquote]
[blockquote]If hit:  3d6+4 : 3, 5, 4 + 4, total 16[/blockquote][/spoiler]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

As the overly large blade came careening down towards the target, all the injured worm could do was gurgle out a small earth-sounding whimper as the blade struck its hard skin. If the worm was in more able health, the attack would have simply been stopped by the creature's thick hide. But the wounds on the worm were already numerous, and that blow from the halfling managed to barely down the creature. It lay almost unmoving, though it was still alive as you saw its body twitch a couple of times.

Though, holding the hot sword again, it does some damage to your hands.

[spoiler]
QuoteRound x in progress - Still to move: Anyone

Damage Dealt
Worm: 17, dying

Kin Sheel

Branwen
Resistance (Level 0)
Acid Splash (Level 0)

Sophie Cain
Bless (Level 1)

Jornathal Mithraiian
Magic Missile (Level 1)

Party HP
Kin Sheel: 7/11, bless (6 rounds),
Branwen: 9/9, bless (6 rounds), resistance (6 rounds),
Sophie Cain: 5/5, bless (6 rounds),
Jornathal Mithraiian: 9/9, bless (6 rounds),

[/spoiler]

Linwelin

Kin, tired of the burning from his large greatsword, sheathes it and takes out his normal greatsword. With it, he takes a quick thrust, aiming to finish off the creature.

[spoiler]Coup de Gras, auto-hitting critical for being helpless.

Max damage + bonus dice: 2d6 + 12 + 4

[blockquote]Damage:  2d6+16 : 4, 6 + 16, total 26[/blockquote][/spoiler]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Eireleen

"Oh, you finally killed it." She said, walking up to Kin's side. "Count yourself lucky that it was in retreat. Had it turned to fight, that slip up could have meant death before a second strike." She warned him, even though she figured he knew that already.

She turned to the door, now splattered with the worm's green blood. They were fortunate that it was only stone. Had the doors been metal, it would likely be hot enough to bring the foul substance to a boil. "Shall I attempt to ascertain what lie ahead before we go forth, or would you rather simply plow through the door like an angry gorilla?" She asked, not bothering to look at the halfling as she said so.

Neko

Once Kin had finished off the second worm, Sophie was quick to notice his injured hands.
"Are you ok, Kin?" Sophie asked worriedly as she approached him. Without hesitation she gently touched his arm, and used one of her spells to heal him up a bit.

[spoiler]
Cure light wounds
[blockquote]Rolled 1d8+1 : 7 + 1, total 8[/blockquote]

Fortitude save
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+1 : 1 + 1, total 2[/blockquote]
[/spoiler]