[IC] Temple of Dorgan

Started by Throndir, November 15, 2012, 03:05:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Manzokushi

After examining the chest Jorn notices that it is indeed locked and requires a key. He looks back towards Sophie, "Take a look at the other chest, this one is locked and I do not see a key lying around anywhere. We should probably make haste and catch up with the others. The heat is certainly becoming unbearable."

He takes a swig of water to cool his body and clear his throat.

[spoiler]Fortitude Save: [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+1 : 10 + 1, total 11[/blockquote]
[/spoiler]

Linwelin

As Kin rounds the corner, he takes in the sight of the now appearing corpses. "Someone really did a number on these guys. Ever seen anything like this before Bran?" He begins to examine one of the nailed corpses, hoping to gain some useful information while he waits for Branwen's response, if he gets one.

[spoiler]Not sure what roll to make, so I'm just going with a general knowledge roll.

[blockquote]Knowledge:  1d20+1 : 12 + 1, total 13[/blockquote][/spoiler]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Neko

"Aww..." Sophie was disappointed that the chest couldn't be opened, but not surprised. She suddenly became a bit more weary of the heat, and tugged at the fabric around her neck, making room for some air.

She did as Jorn suggested, and quickly made her way over to the second chest, then made an attempt to open it (She also made note of a cabinet beside the chest).

[spoiler]Fortitude save: [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+1 : 11 + 1, total 12[/blockquote][/spoiler]

Throndir

You see Sophie attempting to open the chest. However, it did not budge or move.

The smell of the corpses was reeking, and the temperature only made the stench seem even more putrid that it really was. You watch as Kin makes his way through the hallway, going straight towards one of the corpses that were hung on the wall.

[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Linwelin

[spoiler]Rerolling Knowledge for Heal (not tampered with, just adding a spot check)

This dice roll has been tampered with!
Heal Check:  1d20+1 : 13 + 1, total 14
[blockquote]Spot:  1d20+1 : 18 + 1, total 19[/blockquote][/spoiler]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Throndir

Kin closely examines the body. He was careful about touching it, though he did make a some-what thorough examination. You notice that he looked beyond into the hallway.

Linwelin

Kin makes a mental note of what he's found, waiting until he has more info before trying to deduce anything. "I see the worm you were talking about over there, strange that it's trying to hide and not charge like the other. I'm guessing it's either injured, or bait." The cool headed analysis seemed strange yet again for the halfling, showing that there was a capable mind beneath the chaotic and rude guise. He then jokes, "For once I'm not sure whether I should charge! An easy kill might be an easy ambush against us. How well can you make out the surroundings around the worm, Bran? Any places to hide?"
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Neko

"Hmph!" Sophie frowned as, yet again, there was a chest they'd be unable to open. Although they needed to hurry and catch up with the others, she wanted to check at least one more thing. Sophie walks up to the cabinet, curious as to what could be inside of it. They took the time to fight the worm and get into the room, it seemed like a waste if they didn't at least check most of the place out.

Throndir

[spoiler]Items are in the OOC thread. Roll need or greed rolls for them (or pass). Because Sophie found them, she can roll the greeds or needs with a +5 modifier. I'll be doing it this way from now on.[/spoiler]

Eireleen

"I'm not sure whether I should be pleasantly surprised that you've finally shown some measure of prudence, or disappointed that you didn't simply spring whatever traps lay dormant here in my stead." Branwen replied, turning her gaze to the darkened hall. Her black eyes saw far better in the dark than most, taking in what light there was. The faint embers of the worm's body provided all the illumination she needed. Truthfully, her plan had been to simply let the halfling charge and incur any waiting threat, allowing herself to waltz forth with impunity. But this method was fine as well.

[spoiler]Listen: [1d20+7] 6 = 6 + 7 = 13
Spot: [1d20+7] 9 = 9 + 7 = 16[/spoiler]

"I see no assailants." Branwen stated, turning her head slightly. The worm had noticed the halfling and was attempting to scurry off. "I would hurry if I were you. Our prey is escaping." She couldn't speak for what traps lay armed in the hallway, but they had not the time to search the hall with the level of thoroughness that trapfinding required. But at the very least, an ambush was not what they needed to worry about. She followed behind her companion's advance, covering her nose with her shawl to shield herself from the awful stench, muttering a single verse muffled through the cloth as she reinforced her orison.

[spoiler]Branwen follows Kin at a distance, walking 10 feet for each of his 15
She also recasts Resistance, refreshing its duration[/spoiler]

Manzokushi

Jorn looked back to Sophie realizing she had become frustrated as well with the locked chests. Perhaps a key would be found deeper within the temple. He would remember to keep an eye out for keys lying around. The elf on principle refused to leave Sophie alone in fear that she may never make it back to the group if the heat should render either of them unconscious. So he waited until her search was satisfied. ?Once you are done there, I will follow you in catching up to Branwen in case something should attempt to attack from the rear. Please do try to hurry though, I worry for Kin?s safety, he is so brash for one so small.?

[spoiler]Staying right behind Sophie as she advances deeper into the dungeon.[/spoiler]

Linwelin

Kin smirks, "Can't have prey escaping can we?" With that, Kin rushes in, drawing his sword as he does. Traps be damned, as long as the coast is clear of monster ambushes, this worm is MINE! Upon reaching the beast, Kin whirls, horizontally slashing at his opponent with his giant blade.

[spoiler]I'm still trying to puzzle out what I can actually do after the discussion. I'm going to attack normally, you guys tell me if I should change something.

Combat Expertise

AC = 20

[blockquote]Attack:  1d20+3 : 11 + 3, total 14[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Damage if hit:  3d6+3 : 6, 6, 3 + 3, total 18[/blockquote][/spoiler]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

Drawing his sword as he charged toward his prey Kin steadily closest the gap between him and the creature.

[spoiler][blockquote]Player's roll 1d20 : 5, total 5[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Enemey's roll 1d20 : 11, total 11[/blockquote][/spoiler]

[spoiler]
QuoteRound 1 in progress - Still to move: Branwen, Sophie Cain, Jornathel Mithraiian, Worm

Damage Dealt

Spells/Abilities/Potions used since the day:
Kin Sheel

Branwen
Resistance (Level 0)

Sophie Cain
Bless (Level 1)

Jornathal Mithraiian
Magic Missile (Level 1)

Party HP
Kin Sheel: 9/11, bless (8 rounds),
Branwen: 9/9, bless (8 rounds), resistance (8 rounds),
Sophie Cain: 5/5, bless (8 rounds),
Jornathal Mithraiian: 9/9, bless (8 rounds),

[/spoiler]

Neko

Sophie was ecstatic to have found something inside the cabinet. Although it didn't appear to be the most useful of things, it was still a victory in Sophie's mind. She pointed the various items out to Jorn. "Ah yes! I'm so so sorry, I'm ready to head out now." She said to him, feeling a little bad that she had made him wait. She made her way out in the hall, and eventually caught up with Bran. Sophie was surprised to see Kin charging at yet another worm upon her arrival. "Oh gosh..." Sophie whispered.

Throndir

[spoiler]
QuoteRound 1 in progress - Still to move: Branwen, Jornathel Mithraiian, Worm

Damage Dealt

Spells/Abilities/Potions used since the day:
Kin Sheel

Branwen
Resistance (Level 0)

Sophie Cain
Bless (Level 1)

Jornathal Mithraiian
Magic Missile (Level 1)