[IC] Temple of Dorgan

Started by Throndir, November 15, 2012, 03:05:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

In one quick movement, Kin followed up his next strike as he positioned himself closer to the robed dwarf. His sword leading the way, it thrust right into the first wounded dwarf's torso, straight towards it chest and piercing its heart. The dwarf was dead on the spot, as its blood poured forth coating Kin's weapon in the crimson red of its own blood. The thrust was fatal, as it completely went through the other side of dwarf's back.

At that moment, with the first dwarf crumbling to the ground, you noticed the robed one holding some sort of glowing hammer in his hand, and speaking a word you recognized as "Open Gate" in dwarven. The hammer began glowing even stronger, as what looked to be some sort of mirror-like surface started appearing right beside the dwarf. Visible tendrils of energy from the hammer fed the mirror, and soon enough a landscape filled with fires and magma, and red-rocks for ground appeared from within the confines of the mirror.

The temple still continued to groan under duress, as the grounds felt as if they were in some sort of mini earthquake. When the stone slab fell only a few seconds ago, the trembling was slight, but as time ticked on, you realized that the earthquake continued to get stronger and stronger.

The fiery dwarf in front of you spoke to you in dwarven.

"You're not getting our hammer, that's rightfully ours." He spat. "Stolen from us centuries ago, we finally have it!"

You see him begin to walk through the portal that opened up with the glowing hammer in his hands.

Linwelin

Kin quickly runs toward the dwarf to stop him. He recognized teleportation magic when he saw it. "Oh no you don't!" The halfling wasn't confident he could keep him from going through the portal, but there was one thing he could try. The hammer. If he could make the dwarf drop the hammer, which seemed to be their goal, it was his win. He quickly slashed down toward the dwarf's arm, and swiped down toward the hammer to force his grasp from it. "Not while you still hold this!"

QuoteI don't have improved disarm, so he gets an attack of opportunity on me.

Disarm Rules

[blockquote]Disarm Attack Roll:  1d20+6 : 12 + 6, total 18[/blockquote]

If this succeeds, the hammer is knocked to the ground. It's vs the dwarf's CMD.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Throndir

The dwarf yelped back as Kin started moving forward, already a foot into the mirror. Using the hammer, the dwarf swung wildly, which was easy enough to dodge out of the way. It was a good thing as well, as the moment the dwarf began attempting to swing the weapon Kin's way, it burst into flame. A short moment later, Kin's disarming attempt worked, and the glowing warhammer did indeed fall...

Right next to the portal, its heavy weight still in the temple, but its other half already half way in.

"Damn ye!" The dwarf cried. You see him eye the weapon cautiously. But he began casting a spell, directed at you.

"I'll finish ye off first!"

QuoteAoO granted to Kin.

Linwelin

Kin could only grin at the dwarf's flustered, angered appearance. And that the fool would cast while within his range of attack. The halfling took advantage of his opponent's folly immediately, swinging his large blade straight toward the mage's torso. "Finish me off? Ya have to hurt me first before ya can say that!" Kin taunted.

Quote[blockquote]Attack roll:  1d20+6 : 9 + 6, total 15[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Damage:  2d6+5 : 3, 2 + 5, total 10[/blockquote]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Linwelin

QuoteAdding a karma bonus to that attack roll. I'll detract the karma.
[blockquote]New Roll with Karma Addition:  1d6+15 : 3 + 15, total 18[/blockquote]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

As Kin's blade struck the dwarf, fear flashed in his eyes. The wound was heavy, in fact much of the dwarf's robe was now soaked and drenched in the fiery dwarf's blood. The temple continued to rumble then, as the shaking started become more and more vigorous and violent.

"Surfacer's temple be crumbling." The dwarf clutched as his side, but he still managed to grin wickedly at Kin. Before Kin could react, the dwarf kicked the warhammer through the portal, falling down to the red and rocky grounds that was visible from within the mirror. You noted that the portal remained open however, even if the hammer going through. The dwarf turned around then, making his way into the portal after the warhammer, but a violent shake of the temple caused him to lose his footing as he stumbled forward again, leaving himself defenseless.

QuoteRoll reflex or be prone from the violent shaking.
Another AoO to Kin.
Dwarf is also now prone.

Linwelin

Quote[blockquote]Reflex:  1d20+7 : 1 + 7, total 8[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Attack if success:  1d20+6 : 7 + 6, total 13[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Damage if hit:  2d6+5 : 5, 1 + 5, total 11[/blockquote]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Linwelin

QuoteRerolling that reflex. How the hell can VIRTUAL dice be loaded!?

10 karma for rerolling a save, I'll detract it.

[blockquote]Reflex:  1d20+7 : 20 + 7, total 27[/blockquote]

Also, forgot, prone means flat-footed. SNEAK ATTACK.

[blockquote]Damage:  1d6 : 3, total 3[/blockquote]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Linwelin

The dwarf's remark about the shaking only made Kin laugh. "Weren't you supposed to be a sturdy, underground race?" Almost right as he says those words, the dwarf falls over. Meanwhile, Kin remained steady on his feet, almost as though he moved with the flow of the earth. He'd actually visualized himself falling for a moment. A fall so foolish that even his sword went flying. Not today.

However, now he was presented with a nice opportunity, and as he was not one to shirk such gifts, Kin seizes the moment to cut down the dwarf with a mighty, overhead strike. The blade was brought down right into the the dwarf's back, diagonally cutting across the spine. With such a debilitating blow after the nearly-lethal first strike, Kin did not even bother to check the assumed corpse for life. Instead, he immediately dove into the portal to grab the hammer. Or so he'd thought, but he soon realized that it was a dangerous jump to make. "Do I go in...?" He questioned with hesitation.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

This part can be changed

Kin's next attack struck true. As the fiery dwarf was stumbling forward attempting to catch his fall, the halfling, unfazed by the sudden jolting of the temple, struck out with his sword. The dwarf's eyes rolled away, and in mere moment, was dead the moment he hit the floor.

The temple continued to rumble violently. You heard what sounded like creaking as the earth continued to shift. This far under the volcano of Mt. Hersh only made the earthquake more concentrated, and you worried how much longer the temple could last.

Mirror-like portal
Even with the dwarf dead, and the glowing red hammer in the other side of the portal, for some reason or another the portal held. You realized then that this gate was not a direct casting of the now-dead dwarf, or if it was, somehow still had enough magical energies to continue to exist. You see a barren landscape in the mirror, filled with fires, and in the distance you could see tall mountains as well as pools and streams of lava. The positioning of what you were looking at looks almost as if you had an aerial view of the place. You could see the ground, and though it wasn't impossible, the fall looked as if it could hurt.

Altar & Pedestal
Nearer the back of the room, only a few steps away from where you currently were at, was an altar of some sort, and a built-in pedestal as the centerpiece. The pedestal was carved in such a way that looked as if some sort of hammer would fit perfectly. A glow came from that pedestal, and you can see some sort of writing etched into it, though you were too far to actually read the fine words.

Walls
There were many cracks along the fine interiors of this particular room marring the once-magnificent carvings and designs etched into the walls. It was easy to tell that this particular room was special in some way or another, and you see two large hammers in the far back, behind the altar. They looked as if they were a part of the wall itself, even looking as if they were made from the same material, yet they popped out, as if they were actual weapons hung on the wall. The handles on both of the weapons were low enough that an average being the size of a dwarf would be able to hold.

Corpses
There were two temple dwarves on the floor. These one were much more adorned than the other corpses you had seen in the temple thus far. At the very least their armor looked much more well-crafted. They also had a variety of pouches and bags strapped to them that the fiery dwarves didn't seem to have the chance to go through. At your feet were the two fiery dwarves you had slain earlier. One was well-armored, wearing gear that looked a lot more formidable than the other dwarves you had fought who at times wore nothing more than a kilt. You noted his axe strapped to his body that looked seemed to glow red. The one you had just killed on the other hand, wore what looked to be a fine silken robe. There were patterns etched in the sleeves that looked more like runes of some sort. He also wore a pair of boots that seemed out of place, as if it didn't quite match in terms of style and looks with everything else he was wearing.

QuoteEvery round spent in the temple, must roll reflex to avoid being prone.
Time-limited with the number of rounds before stuff gets really bad.

Linwelin

Kin turned to look at the room. First off, he was blocked from exiting. Which certainly limited his choices. His eyes wandered to the altar and pedestal, but as a weaponsmith and after seeing what the dwarves had done, he'd put two and two together. The hammer in the portal should go there, but that was unlikely to happen, so he would avoid that area for now, given the amount of time he probably had to escape. Thus his first instinct was to grab what he could from the corpses. "If' you're gonna be buried in this collapsing temple anyways, you won't be needing this stuff!" He said as he perused the bodies. He decided to focus on the fiery dwarves, however, as there was nothing right about looting the priests who'd guarded this with there lived. Kin still had dignity, and respected those who fought with their lives. As soon as he deemed them well searched and looted, or at any sign of the portal being unable to remain, the halfling jumped through the hellish mirror, aiming to grab the main prize.

Quote[blockquote]Perception:  1d20+9 : 11 + 9, total 20[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Reflex 1:  1d20+7 : 16 + 7, total 23[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Relfex 2 if necessary:  1d20+7 : 11 + 7, total 18[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Acrobatics to reduce fall damage:  1d20+8 : 8 + 8, total 16[/blockquote]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

QuoteRequesting 2 more reflex saves, vs. falling ceiling.

Linwelin

Quote[blockquote]Reflex 3:  1d20+7 : 16 + 7, total 23[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Reflex 4:  1d20+7 : 18 + 7, total 25[/blockquote]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Linwelin

QuoteTwo more, per request haha
[blockquote]Reflex 5:  1d20+7 : 5 + 7, total 12[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Reflex 6:  1d20+7 : 10 + 7, total 17[/blockquote]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

The halfling wasted no time as he searched each of the invader's bodies for any usable equipment. The dwarf's armor that he had just felled was magnificent and well-crafted. So too was the robe that the mage had worn. Kin was quick, trying to strip the bodies of their clothing should have taken more time, but it wasn't time Kin had to spare.

The temple continued to collapse on itself, and the cracks you had seen on the walls earlier began to widen and crack even further. The heat began to rise as well and you wondered if that came from the portal, or if some new fissures were being opened. Two times did the ceiling above you give way, though whether it was luck, divine protection, or the simple dwarven ingenuity in architecture the ceiling didn't fully collapse. Each time something fell, you were quick to dodge out of the way. You heard the sounds of a low grumbling. It came from all around you as if it came from the walls themselves.

The earth was giving way, and while you were working on grabbing the last of the items a large slab of the roof caved in, hitting you straight in the back and leaving a nasty wound.

With the boots, axe, robe, and armor in tow, ignoring the wound on your back you made your way into the portal. You saw the angle that the portal was in, so as you jumped in, you prepared for the rough landing. It was about a 30 ft. drop, and you knew the landing would hurt.

You saw the decent coming, as the ground seemed to rush up towards you. You stretched your body as long as possible, and as the moment your feet touched the ground, you began attempting to lighten the damage by putting forth just enough pressure at the landing points to reduce the tension when you finally smashed into the ground. The steps you took were slight, and as you hit the ground hard, rolling a couple times, you were glad to know that you hadn't broken any bones, though the fall itself dealing a good amount of damage.

Before you was as hellish of a nightmare as you can imagine. Immediately surrounding your area were numerous rocky outcroppings. Jagged edges that seemed to spire out towards the skies, with the rocks themselves jutting out in seemingly random places. The ground, dirt, and earth were a rich red colored, with numerous layers of ash mixed in giving it a slightly toned down mixture of red. The ground was warm to touch, and the air was stifling. It felt like a sauna, but without any of the moisture. You had started getting accustomed to the heat back in the temple, and though the heat here, where ever here was, was just about the same, in some ways it felt worse as well. There were gushes of fire at numerous places around, sometimes behind the rocky outcroppings, or even bouts of lava gushing forth pooling into small streams that continued to stream down in pools far beneath you. Multiple large streams of lava were in the distance, and beyond that tall mountain-like structures further on. Chasms opened wide on each side, though there were many natural bridges and places that looked jump-able. What caught your attention the most was some sort of building a good trek away beyond the chasm.

Rocky outcroppings and caverns
The rocky outcroppings near you were large and varied. Though many of them seemed to have dark entrances that went in further inside the earth.

Skies
The clouds above were dark, and some parts even looked as if the clouds themselves were on fire. You notice the portal above you, 30 ft., and for some reason, was still open.

Hammer
You see the red glowing hammer from before a few feet away.

Chasm
The island you are on gives way to a sheer drop at most sides.

Stone building in the distance
The stone structure was large. It had rectangular ends, and a couple of spires. It looked to be of dwarven-make.

QuoteKin takes 3 damage from ceiling.
Kin takes 6 non-lethal damage from fall.
Kin takes 3 lethal damage from fall.

Damage Taken
Kin (lethal): 4
Kin (nonlethal): 6

Roll perception centered on anything specific for more details