[IC] Temple of Dorgan

Started by Throndir, November 15, 2012, 03:05:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

Kin

Opening the chest reveals a few trinkets. There was a book, a pin, and what looked to be a couple of potions, scrolls, and other seemingly random items.

Linwelin

Kin sifts through the chest excitedly, though that excitement slowly dies. "Potions, potions, trinkets and some worship crap. Oh wait!" He picks up the book that is set apart from the rest, flipping through it. "Bah, gibberish! Worthless!" He tosses it back into the chest, standing back up and heading toward Branwen. "Honestly, the one chest I don't smash has nothing for me, go figure, eh, Bran-Bran?" He sighs disappointed, "Any luck over here?"

However, when Kin turns the corner, he realizes that Branwen isn't even there any longer. "Well then, guess she had some luck! Lucky..." He then spots the staff on the far wall. "Note to self, the walls have more valuables than the chests in this place. Strange people, these priests."

Kin casually wandered down the hall looking around, hoping for something interesting, as he made his way to the staff. He examined the wall holding it to make sure it wasn't rigged in any way. After all, traps aren't the kind of fun I'm looking for...

[spoiler]
Kin wanders down the hall and searches for traps around the staff. Also is keeping an eye out for any enemies to fight.

[blockquote]Search:  1d20+1 : 3 + 1, total 4[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Spot:  1d20+3 : 8 + 3, total 11[/blockquote][/spoiler]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Eireleen

Branwen holds up an arm, silently stopping Kin before he entered the room with the staff. The girl in black stepped back a bit, putting herself in view of the others once more. "The staff on the wall is trapped. Moreover, it doesn't even appear to be magical. If you happen to be a collector with a fondness for wooden sticks, feel free to take it at your own risk." She recounted, her eyes sporting a soft gloom. It faded once her spell ended, concentration no longer necessary. "I believe the artifact that we are in search of lies beyond this room, to the south. I can sense its aura from here - we are quite close, now..."

Linwelin

Kin blinked in surprise a few times, "I'm touched, you actually kept me from tripping a trap! Maybe you DO have a soul. Or just want to see my end in a specific style, like charging into battle. Well anyways, not that I was going to just take the stick first, I'm at least a little cautious. Glad to know it's useless though." Then Kin notes in reply, "Also, for future reference, I prefer metalwork, thank you!". He chuckles and looks around a bit.

"So to the south, huh? So we can get out of this hell-hole soon, thank the gods! Whichever ones were looking out for us, anyways. Any idea what might be in the room guarding it, if anything? If not, I'll go take a look for you, I'm sure you'd prefer it that way." He says teasingly, grinning.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Manzokushi

Jorn continued to feel the drain on his body. The battle had taken a toll and gathering arcane energy so soon after was dangerous. It had paid off in this instance, but was not a wise practice to keep. Sophie?s kind words, caused Jorn to smile. His body attempted to stumble slightly to the side. He fell awkwardly into Sophie as she attempted to hold his form in place. The two stood their awkwardly for a moment, before the young elf gained his balance. ?Thank you Sophie, you have saved me once again.? This time his stare lingered with her for a moment, a kind smile on his face. His footing seemed more solid as he stood, his posture spoke of determination, his resolve had returned.

The elf's voice was musical, as a tear rolled down his cheek, ?My body is chalice that runs deep with the fires of the heavens. Goddess as your chosen son I beg that you sooth my wounds and grant me strength. And guide us beyond these corridors safely back into the peaceful night.?

His body began to radiate blue fire; it was neither hot nor cold. It started at his crown and radiated to his feet disappearing into the floor.
[spoiler]
Bloodline Power: Heavenly Fire 8/Day

Healing: Jorn

[blockquote]Rolled 1d4+2 : 3 + 2, total 5[/blockquote][/spoiler]

?Yes let us be done with business we have lingered to long in these dead halls.?

Throndir

Jornathel
The soft glow closed your wounds. Though there were still plenty of pains, it was much more bearable.

Kin
Unlike Branwen's report, you yourself didn't see any visible traps on the staff, or anywhere around it. There was another opening to the southwest, the entrance this time had a magnificent arch as the entry way, adorned with various symbols and dwarven writing. The room ahead had a bright glow coming from somewhere southwards, though at your vantage point you couldn't quite make out what was causing the light. You also hear what sounds like grunting coming from somewhere in the next room.

[spoiler]
Rolls/Effects/Summary:
[spoiler]
Round 5 ends.
Free movement begins.
Jornathel: Heals self.
[/spoiler]

Stats:
[spoiler]
QuoteRound X in progress - Still to move:

Free turns
Branwen: .5
Sophie: 1
Jornathel: 1

Damage Dealt

Spells/Abilities/Potions used since the day:
Kin Sheel

Branwen

Sophie Cain
Bless (Level 1)
Cure Light Wounds (Level 1)
Orate (ability)

Jornathal Mithraiian
Magic Missile (Level 1)
Magic Missile (Level 1)
Magic Missile (Level 1)

Party HP - Lethal|Non Lethal
Kin Sheel: 21/22|21/22, orate (2 rounds),
Branwen: 13/14|10/14, resistance (3 rounds), orate (2 rounds),
Sophie Cain: 8/8|6/8, orate (2 rounds),
Jornathal Mithraiian: 14/20|20/20, orate (2 rounds),
[/spoiler]

Map:
[spoiler]
[/spoiler][/spoiler]

Neko

Just as she had been afraid of, Jorn stumbled, falling against the small maid. She kept her footing though, helping him to regain some balance. She returned a smile just as kind ? It was for moments like these she was there after all. To help her guild mates when they got hurt, and to be the best support she could. ?Of course! I'm just glad you're ok...? She had replied with a small sigh. Hopefully, the rest of their journey would go smooth...

She listened then as Bran informed the group of the not so magical staff, and the possibility of the artifact they had been searching for.

?I can sense its aura from here - we are quite close, now... ?

?Oooh, yay!?
Sophie wanted to cheer, but, she kept it to a soft whisper. She made a movement to follow after Lin and Bran, but decided she'd stick close to Jorn, just to be sure he was  going to be alright.

[spoiler]Going to be beside Jorn, whenever the group moves into the next room.[/spoiler]

Linwelin

Kin saw that Bran was watching him, head toward the new room, and made sure to let her know there was something else alive and kicking up ahead. However, he didn't feel like charging YET, so he told her quietly. Consider it payback for keeping me from tripping a trap. He thought to himself with a smile.

He made eye contact with her, then held a hand up to his ear, as though he was listening for something, and then pointed at the room around the corner. Kin then swiftly moved up to the doorway, keeping surprisingly quiet as he peered into the room.

[spoiler][dice]Move silently:  1d20+4 : 16 + 4, total 20[/dice]
[dice]Hide:  1d20+6 : 12 + 6, total 18[/dice][/spoiler]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

Kin
Creeping closer to the archway, and slowly peering out, no one noticed your silent passing. As the torchlight hung on the walls shone dimly in the corridor, you see a couple of figures huddling around an object at the center. They were dwarves. Both a couple of dead temple dwarves, and handful of the fiery ones that your group had already encountered before. There were four dwarves this time around. All four of them were more heavily armored than the ones you previously met before. It was hard to discern what the object was that the four were looking at, since the dwarves still blocked the view. But whatever it was, there looked like some sort of magical bubble surrounding the object.

?Ah yer? not doin? it right! Give me that!?
One of the fiery dwarves takes the hammer one of them was using and pounds it on the bubble, but there was no effect. The dwarf then spat, his spittle landing on one of the dead Dorgan dwarves.

Throndir

Suddenly the temple started rumbling, as the very walls themselves started to creak under the stress. The torches hung along the walls started to burn even brighter, and you swear that the heat was getting warmer and warmer, and thoroughly more unbearable. The heat continued to climb, and the beads of sweat continue to roll down your skin only increased in intensity.

"What in the blazes!" The voice came from one of the dwarves up ahead. "What have ye' done!"

"Aye! I got the blasted magical field down, din't I?" There was a quick retort.

"But not so cleverly. Triggered somethin' you did. The whole thing's coming down to be sure ye' stupid dwarf!"

"Blast it all! Get the durned thing, and let's get outta here."

Kin
You hear chanting up ahead, whatever it was, they were preparing some sort of spell. The ground shifted abruptly and moved, as if an earthquake had struck. A large heavy slab of stone, which before was hidden in the archway which you had just entered, started to drop down - fast. The others were still on the other side, looking through the previous room.

QuoteKin, quickly choose to run back to the others, and potentially losing the goal, or head forward instead to disrupt whatever spell the enemies are casting.

Everyone else, if you're active, message me for some details on how we can introduce you back to the guild. :)

Linwelin

"Damn it all!" Kin growled. The discomfort from the heat was getting to him, making his short temper even shorter. He wanted out. He DESPERATELY wanted to just go home and have a cold drink. But there was a job to do, and his allies' slow pace was about to cost them their mission. The halfling got the sense that, were this spell to succeed, their lives may be endangered further. Thus, he acted on his gut instinct, and charged forward, leaving his allies for the time being. Well, he hoped it was for the time being.

He turned away from the crashing stone slab, instead focusing on the figures before him. "Enough sneaking around. It already cost us plenty of opportunities to be home already." Kin told himself as he drew his greatsword and charged toward the mob of dwarves. They were heavily armed, so he needed to make the best of surprise. It didn't mean stealthy, but they'd certainly be surprised. With a jump and downward swipe of his blade, Kin sliced toward one of them.

"Surprise!"

[spoiler][blockquote]Attack:  1d20+6 : 9 + 6, total 15[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Damage:  2d6+5 : 2, 2 + 5, total 9[/blockquote][/spoiler]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Linwelin

[spoiler=Karma Addition]Adding to the Attack roll for 1 Karma.
[blockquote]Addition:  1d6 : 5, total 5[/blockquote][/spoiler]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

The dwarves were caught off-guard, as you rushed in they never saw it coming. There were two dwarves in the area, one fully robed, who seemed to be casting some sort of spell, while the one closer to you, and looking a lot more menacing was another fiery dwarf, though, garbed like the previous ones you had fought before.

He would have brought in his axe to attempt a parry, but Kin was too quick and soon enough landed a heavy blow on the dwarf's torso.

"Damnit! The surfacers got 'em some halflings ta' help! Off with ya!" The robed one said. The fighter on front would have responded, but he was still in shock, as he simply clutched the open wound.

QuoteSurprise round over, choose to attack any of them, AoO range from fighter.

Damage Dealt
Kin: 1
Dwarf Fighter: 9
Dwarf Caster: 0

Linwelin

Kin wasn't through yet, and he could see the dwarves' shock, which meant he had a good advantage. As much as he wanted to strike down the mage, he knew he had to rid himself of the fighter first, now that he was injured. "HaaaaaAAAA!" The halfling roared in a shout as he followed the momentum of his blade past the dwarf, before spinning and thrusting toward its gut. If his strike were true, he could end this swiftly. And get out of this damnable heat!

QuoteKin 5-foot steps toward the mage's direction as he spins and thrusts at the fighter.

[blockquote]Attack:  1d20+6 : 19 + 6, total 25[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Damage:  2d6+5 : 1, 5 + 5, total 11[/blockquote]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Linwelin

QuoteCrit confirm:
[blockquote]Attack:  1d20+6 : 15 + 6, total 21[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Damage if confirmed:  2d6+5 : 2, 2 + 5, total 9[/blockquote]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_