[IC] Temple of Dorgan

Started by Throndir, November 15, 2012, 03:05:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

Kin's sword blazed through, but the fiery dwarf managed to put up his weapon just in time to let Kin's sword just narrowly miss the dwarf's arm, but at that same moment Branwen's kukri came slicing in. The dwarf attempted to draw back, but the damage was done; a deep gash across the dwarf's chest.

Seeing their impending demise, the dwarves moved further away from the two, as they instead focused their efforts on Jorn. The move proved to be fatal to Jornathel. Though Jornathel managed to parry the first attack, the second blow had left him defenseless as he took the full brunt of the dwarf's hammer. The blow was hard, and the sorcerer found himself falling to the ground, his consciousness fading.

[spoiler]
Rolls/Effects/Summary:
[spoiler]
Round 1 ends, Kin forces next round, missed turns: Branwen, Sophie
Round 2 begins.
Kin: Misses.
Branwen: Attacks and deals 7 damage.
Armored dwarf: Attacks and misses.
Unarmored dwarf: Attacks and crits. Deals 10 damage +1 fire.
[/spoiler]

Stats:
[spoiler]
QuoteRound 2 in progress - Still to move: Jornathel, Sophie

Free turns
Branwen: .5
Sophie: .5

Damage Dealt
Fire dwarf: 15, dying
Armored Fire dwarf: 5
Fire dwarf: 7

Spells/Abilities/Potions used since the day:
Kin Sheel

Branwen
Resistance (Level 0)
Acid Splash (Level 0)
Resistance (Level 0)
Detect Magic (Level 0)
Detect Magic (Level 0)

Sophie Cain
Bless (Level 1)
Cure Light Wounds (Level 1)
Orate (ability)

Jornathal Mithraiian
Magic Missile (Level 1)
Magic Missile (Level 1)
Magic Missile (Level 1)

Party HP - Lethal|Non Lethal
Kin Sheel: 21/22|21/22, orate (2 rounds),
Branwen: 13/14|10/14, resistance (3 rounds), orate (2 rounds),
Sophie Cain: 8/8|6/8, orate (2 rounds),
Jornathal Mithraiian: -6/20|16/20, orate (2 rounds), dying
[/spoiler]

Map:
[spoiler]
[/spoiler][/spoiler]

Linwelin

Kin curses under his breath as he watches the dwarf step past them to attack the back line. He says it much more audibly when Jorn is downed. "Sophie we'll cover you! Stabilize him as soon as possible! Even stuff a potion in his mouth if needed!" Kin then steps over Jorn's body to ward away any further attacks, and hopefully pushing the dwarves back. "You'll pay for this, you stocky, flaming bastards!" With that shouted, Kin makes a vicious slice with his greatsword, right at the one that had downed his friend.

[spoiler]
[blockquote]Attack:  1d20+4 : 18 + 4, total 22[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Damage:  2d6+5 : 4, 2 + 5, total 11[/blockquote][/spoiler]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Neko

Sophie watched, absolutely horrified as Jorn fell. Everyone had been so playful the entire time, but the mood quickly changed as her companion was smacked down.

?Right!?
Sophie replied to Kin, wasting no time as she made her way over to Jorn. She gently placed her hands on him, hoping her spell would help enough to get him standing again.

[spoiler]
Using Cure light wounds.
[blockquote]Rolled 1d8+3 : 1 + 3, total 4[/blockquote]
Aura of kindness bonus [blockquote]Rolled 1d4 : 3, total 3[/blockquote]
[/spoiler]

Eireleen

Branwen spared no sympathy for her fallen comrade. She wasn't a healer, regardless. However, she recognized that it was in her best interest to protect the one who was a healer, lest she find herself in Jorn's position at some future point.

Moving up, she begrudgingly took up a melee position, attempting to slip her kukri through a gap in the dwarf's armor.

[spoiler]Moves up-right, right, melees dorf

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+7 : 12 + 7, total 19[/blockquote] vs AC

[blockquote]Rolled 1d4+1 : 4 + 1, total 5[/blockquote] Slashing
[blockquote]Rolled 1d6 : 6, total 6[/blockquote] Acid[/spoiler]

Throndir

Heaving his greatsword, Kin had his revenge as he brought down his heavy weapon on the dwarf. The force of impact was enough to drive the sword through the dwarf's side, the wound fatal and immediately the dwarf crumbled as it clutched at its gut.

The last remaining dwarf spat, enraged that two of its companions were already dead.

"That little 'artifact' of yer' surface dwarves carry be ours! You'll pay for killin me brothers!" It said as it countered Branwen's strike, and launching his own in the process.

[spoiler]
Rolls/Effects/Summary:
[spoiler]
Round 2 begins.
Kin: Misses.
Branwen: Attacks and deals 7 damage.
Armored dwarf: Attacks and misses.
Unarmored dwarf: Attacks and crits. Deals 10 damage +1 fire.
Round 2 ends, Kin forces next round, missed turns: Jornathel, Sophie
Round 3 begins.
Kin: Kills dwarf.
Sophie: heals Jorn 7 HP.
Branwen: Attacks and misses.
Dwarf: Attacks and misses.
[/spoiler]

Stats:
[spoiler]
QuoteRound 2 in progress - Still to move: Jornathel

Free turns
Sophie: .5

Damage Dealt
Fire dwarf: 15, dying
Armored Fire dwarf: 5
Fire dwarf: 7

Kin Sheel

Branwen
Resistance (Level 0)
Acid Splash (Level 0)
Resistance (Level 0)
Detect Magic (Level 0)
Detect Magic (Level 0)

Sophie Cain
Bless (Level 1)
Orate (ability)

Jornathal Mithraiian
Magic Missile (Level 1)
Magic Missile (Level 1)
Magic Missile (Level 1)

Jornathal Mithraiian: 1/20|16/20, orate (2 rounds), dying
[/spoiler]

Map:
[spoiler]
[/spoiler][/spoiler]

Linwelin

Kin quickly runs around, just out of the dwarf's reach, his glare displaying his desire for its death. He then tumbles in range, aiming to end up directly across from Branwen; as he pulls out of the tumble, his blade swings, weaving slightly through the air and aiming directly at the most prevalent gap in the armor of the dwarf. "Finders, keepers, stumpy. Yet another price to pay for injuring a good friend!"

[spoiler]
[blockquote]Tumble into range (DC 15):  1d20+8 : 20 + 8, total 28[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Attack with flanking:  1d20+6 : 2 + 6, total 8[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Damage with sneak attack:  3d6+5 : 3, 1, 3 + 5, total 12[/blockquote][/spoiler]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Manzokushi

The blow shocked Jorn, he felt the solid blow of the hammer as struck home, his vision wavered and darkness came flooding in. His breathing returned in an instant to find Sophie over him, her divine powers coursing over his body. He breathed easier and whispered, ?thank you Sophie, you saved my life, I?owe you one.?

Jorn, slowly stood to his feet steadying his form. Allowing his companions to protect him, he reached within his blood calling on his arcane powers.

[spoiler]
Casting Magic Missile at Kin?s Target
[blockquote]Rolled 2d4+2 : 1, 4 + 2, total 7[/blockquote]
[/spoiler]

Eireleen

Branwen wordlessly kept up her assault. Her previous strike had only been a warding swipe to prevent the dwarf's assault - now, she aimed to kill, without the slightest hint of hesitation or remorse.

[spoiler]Attack with flanking

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+9 : 7 + 9, total 16[/blockquote] vs AC

[blockquote]Rolled 1d4+1 : 3 + 1, total 4[/blockquote] Slashing damage
[blockquote]Rolled 1d6 : 1, total 1[/blockquote] Acid damage
[blockquote]Rolled 1d6 : 4, total 4[/blockquote] Precision damage[/spoiler]

Throndir

The halfling evaded the dwarf, and the distraction was enough to let Jornathel cast his magic, blasting the dwarf straight in his chest. As he staggered, Branwen finished the job, slicing the dwarf's throat. He had attempted to say something more, but as the light in his eyes vanished, all that came out was a gurgling sound.

The fight finally ending, you were able to get a better view of the surroundings. A chest was in the corner, and on the other side of the wall were to cabinets. At the farther end of the room was another closed door.

[spoiler]Please go to the OOC thread for looting.
Rolls/Effects/Summary:
[spoiler]
Round 3 ends, Kin forces next round, missed turns: Jornathel
Round 4 begins.
Kin: Tumbles east, attacks and misses.
Jornathel: Casts Magic Missile, deals 7 damage. Dwarf is dying.
Branwen: Kills dwarf.
[/spoiler]

Stats:
[spoiler]
QuoteRound 4 in progress - Still to move: Sophie

Free turns
Sophie: 1
Jornathel: 1

Damage Dealt
Fire dwarf: dead
Armored Fire dwarf: 21
Fire dwarf: dead

Kin Sheel

Branwen
Resistance (Level 0)
Acid Splash (Level 0)
Resistance (Level 0)
Detect Magic (Level 0)
Detect Magic (Level 0)

Sophie Cain
Bless (Level 1)
Orate (ability)

Jornathal Mithraiian
Magic Missile (Level 1)
Magic Missile (Level 1)
Magic Missile (Level 1)

Jornathal Mithraiian: 1/20|16/20, orate (2 rounds), dying
[/spoiler]

Map:
[spoiler]
[/spoiler][/spoiler]

Eireleen

"Still holding onto that soul of yours, I see?" Branwen turned her head back to Jornathel, without a hint of concern in her voice. "Quite the tenacious grip on you, I must say. My master would enjoy the presence of those such as yourself. A spider's life is quite lonely without flies." The girl in black sheathed her dagger, slowly walking to the south. She turned her back without even giving a sidelong glance at the dwarven riches, or the chest behind them, as though she cared not in the slightest.

It was natural, of course - even a king can carry his riches for but a lifetime.

Traveling forward, she carefully peeked around the next corner. As impatient as the halfling was, Branwen thought it best to do her scouting while he was busy obsessing over coins and treasure.

[spoiler]Branwen moves down-right, down-right, down, down, and peeks around.

Hide: [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+13 : 6 + 13, total 19[/blockquote][/spoiler]

Neko

Sophie was nearly teary eyed as Jorn was brought back. She couldn't stand to see people hurt like that, especially fellow guild mates! ?Breath.? Mimic said simply, noticing how still the maid had become. She carefully took in a few breaths as suggested, her eyes lighting up as Jorn managed to get up on his feet again. ?Be careful!? Sophie said worriedly as he stood, her hands stretched out for support in case he stumbled. ?You're still really hurt!? Once the last dwarf fell, Sophie tended to the sorcerer's wounds once more.

[spoiler]
Cure light wounds.
[blockquote]Rolled 1d8+4 : 1 + 4, total 5[/blockquote]

Aura of Kindness
[blockquote]Rolled 1d4 : 3, total 3[/blockquote]
[/spoiler]

Linwelin

Kin exhaled slowly, sheathing his blade once more. He was so glad to see Jorn was ok, and without a second thought, he turned to him, "Nice casting, there, dead-man. Could've sworn we'd lost you. Are you alright? Also, great job, Sophie. And honestly everyone." The heat must be getting to him, he even thanked Bran-Bran!

And then on to his next action on his to-do list, the chest. "With any luck, one of these three has the key to this thing. If not, well, I'll try just to break the lock this time." Kin then crouched over each of the bodies one by one, patting them down and looking over their belongings.

[spoiler]
[blockquote]Search:  1d20+1 : 16 + 1, total 17[/blockquote][/spoiler]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

Branwen
Peering around the corner, you see nothing hostile. At the far end looked to be another altar, hanging on top of it was what looked to be some sort of staff. Save for the numerous torches along the wall, there was nothing else of note.

Kin
Searching the bodies, you managed to find a key hidden in one of the dwarf's pouches.

[spoiler]
Rolls/Effects/Summary:
[spoiler]
Round 5 ends.
Free movement begins.
Branwen: Moves SE.
Sophie: Casts Cure Light Wounds
Kin: Finds key.
[/spoiler]

Stats:
[spoiler]
QuoteRound X in progress - Still to move:

Free turns
Sophie: 1
Jornathel: 1

Damage Dealt

Kin Sheel

Branwen
Resistance (Level 0)
Acid Splash (Level 0)
Resistance (Level 0)
Detect Magic (Level 0)
Detect Magic (Level 0)

Sophie Cain
Bless (Level 1)
Orate (ability)

Jornathal Mithraiian
Magic Missile (Level 1)
Magic Missile (Level 1)
Magic Missile (Level 1)

Jornathal Mithraiian: 9/20|20/20, orate (2 rounds), dying
[/spoiler]

Map:
[spoiler]
[/spoiler][/spoiler]

Linwelin

Kin jumped up happily at finding the key. Normally he'd have tried to smash or pick the lock, but he didn't want to waste strength. "Found a key, guys!" He said excitedly as he ran over to the chest and attempted to open it and look over its contents. Weapons!? Enchantments!? Or maybe something for this hellish thirst!

Steadily, Kin tries to fit the key in the hole, hoping to hear that satisfying click when he turns the key.

[spoiler]
Tries to use the key on the chest and look at the contents.[/spoiler]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Eireleen

Branwen frowned at the sight of the staff. She didn't particularly care for treasure. At best, it was some item that she didn't care about in the slightest, like some axe or staff - neither of which she had fondness for or proficiency in. And at worst, it was just a trap.

But it seemed that she would have to move through the room either way - looking back over her shoulder to make sure her teammates were still preoccupied, she decided she had enough time for a full measure of prudence, scanning the room carefully before entering.

[spoiler]Branwen casts Detect Magic

She also searches the room for traps: [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+7 : 20 + 7, total 27[/blockquote][/spoiler]