[IC] Temple of Dorgan

Started by Throndir, November 15, 2012, 03:05:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

You feel the power of Sophie's Bless spell descend upon you instilling a sense of morale and strength.

[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Eireleen

"You really kicked down the door, just now." Branwen had to say it out loud to herself merely to assure herself that what she was seeing was reality. "I have no words. Your mere presence has become a pestilent plague upon my continued mental health."

Even with such a beast before her, she merely let out a sigh. Being forced to accompany such idiotic companions, and fight in such unreasonable heat, merely exasperated her. "You go fight the worm, if you wish to so dearly. I'm going to go do something sane."

She turned and left. If he was going to bring such trouble upon himself, then she had no reason to accompany him in his downward spiral into utter lunacy. She doubted he would learn his lesson even if he lived. As she walked, she muttered a few words of protection, a mere orison. It was the best protection she had against the heat, though it wasn't much.

[spoiler]Branwen moves back into the hallway, walking 5 feet South and 25 feet East (move action)
She also casts Resistance on herself (standard action)[/spoiler]

Throndir

[spoiler][blockquote]Initiative as compared to Kin's 1d20+1 : 12 + 1, total 13[/blockquote][/spoiler]

Throndir

As the worm-like creature moved, it made the sounds of crunching earth. It sounded like a multitude of rocks and stones being rolled down a hill as it slithered and wriggled its way towards Kin and Sophie. For a creature like that, it surprisingly moved quickly,

Branwen, moving away from the group cast a spell on herself, as she made her way down the hallway. At that very moment, the creature was in front of Kin.

[spoiler][blockquote]Attack 1d20+4 : 9 + 4, total 13[/blockquote]
[blockquote]if hit 1d6+3 : 1 + 3, total 4[/blockquote]
[blockquote]plus fire dmg 2d6 : 2, 3, total 5[/blockquote][/spoiler]

Throndir

As the creature lunged out, its fiery and flaming head leading the way, Kin was just barely able to block the attack.

[spoiler]
QuoteRound 1 in progress - Still to move: Kin Sheel, Jornathal Mithraiian

Damage Dealt
Worm creature:

Spells/Abilities/Potions used since the day:
Kin Sheel

Branwen
Resistance (Level 1)

Sophie Cain
Bless (Level 1)

Jornathal Mithraiian

Party HP
Kin Sheel: 11/11, bless,
Branwen: 9/9, bless, resistance
Sophie Cain: 5/5, bless,
Jornathal Mithraiian: 9/9, bless,
[/spoiler]

Manzokushi

Jorn, had followed the other members of the guild into the Temple, though he had lagged behind up until now. He was concerned they may have been followed by another group attempting to take them unawares. Once he had fully ensured their safety within the Temple he had followed. The heat within such a place was nearly unbearable his entire body smoldered from the intensity of the heat, the only saving grace being so few pieces of metal on his body. His guild symbol in plain sight just above his heart seemed to dim slightly under the unprecedented heat. The elf noted the direction of travel of his companions and followed. His white hair pulled back into a tail had begun to gray from the lingering ash in the air.

There was no time for pleasantries as it appeared the unruly gnome had already found his way into trouble. Under the right circumstances Branwen might have been a good partner to counterbalance Kin?s rash behavior but that was just musings considering the situation. In a fluid motion, the elf drew his sword as he approached prepared for whatever possible creature or thing Kin may have stumbled upon.
After seeing the creature, there was no time to think only act. Jorn spoke with less a slight edge in his voice, ?Well this is a fine mess you have found for us Kin!?

His right hand clasping the sword tightly, Jorn?s left hand began to weave an incantation, and he began to softly hum the words for a spell.

[spoiler]Spell Cast: Magic Missile [blockquote]Rolled 1d4+1 : 3 + 1, total 4[/blockquote][/spoiler]

Throndir

The motes of magic struck unerringly at the worm-like creature. The attacks had stopped the beast's rampage, and you can tell that the missiles injured the creature. But you also knew that it was far from being over.

[spoiler]
QuoteRound 1 in progress - Still to move: Kin Sheel

Damage Dealt
Worm creature: 4

Kin Sheel

Branwen
Resistance (Level 1)

Sophie Cain
Bless (Level 1)

Jornathal Mithraiian
Magic Missile (Level 1)

Party HP

[/spoiler]

Linwelin

"Messes are my specialty, Jorn! You know that! Now then...Let's see what this worm can do!" Kin says quickly as he spins, whirling his blade toward the creature. The sword was so big, and moving so fast, you could hear the wind whistling off it. Still, he did not fight with abandon, and mentally prepared himself to dodge the creature's counter.

[spoiler]Triggering combat expertise, nulling the BAB, and increasing my AC by that amount.

AC = 20

[blockquote]Attack:  1d20+3 : 7 + 3, total 10[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Damage if Hit:  3d6+3 : 2, 1, 6 + 3, total 12[/blockquote][/spoiler]

GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Throndir

The sword whistled towards its destination. It struck, but it was a glancing blow, and the wurm's thick shell managed to deflect the attack's hit. If it was aimed better it might have been able to strike.

[spoiler] This dice roll has been tampered with!
Players 1d20 : 2, total 2
This dice roll has been tampered with!
Enemies 1d20 : 2, total 2
QuoteRound 2 in progress - Still to move: Kin Sheel, Branwen, Sophie Cain, Jornathel Mithraiian

Damage Dealt
Worm creature: 4

Kin Sheel

Branwen
Resistance (Level 1)

Sophie Cain
Bless (Level 1)

Jornathal Mithraiian
Magic Missile (Level 1)

Party HP
[/spoiler]

Throndir

[spoiler][blockquote]Reroll Players 1d20 : 20, total 20[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Reroll Enemies 1d20 : 3, total 3[/blockquote][/spoiler]

Neko

Sophie let the others go first, and once they were out of her way, she threw multiple knives at the creature. Mimic began to caw loudly, as if cheering her on.

[spoiler]
Rapid shot (Normal attack is 1d20+5)

Attack: 1d20+3: 19 + 3, total 22
Damage if Hit:  1d4 -1 : 2-1, total 1

Attack: 1d20+3: 15+3, total 18
Damage if Hit:  1d4 -1 : 4-1, total 3

[/spoiler]

Throndir

As the fight ensued between the halfling and the large worm, two knives flew from Sophie when the opportunity presented itself. As they struck the creature it made a sound akin of rocks grinding against each other as the flames at its head sparked in anger and in pain.

[spoiler]
QuoteRound 2 in progress - Still to move: Kin Sheel, Branwen, Jornathel Mithraiian

Damage Dealt
Worm creature: 8

Kin Sheel

Branwen
Resistance (Level 0)

Sophie Cain
Bless (Level 1)

Jornathal Mithraiian
Magic Missile (Level 1)

Party HP
[/spoiler]

Eireleen

The sounds of battle grated on the girl's ears. They couldn't even fight quietly. At this rate, they'd wake up everything in the dungeon, rendering stealth meaningless. She muttered to herself as she walked down the hallway, no longer the words of Hades which coiled and protected her, but the mere frustrated grumblings of a spurned adventurer. If she still had emotions, she would be saddened that her allies wasted their time and blessings on such a person. He was going to get them killed someday, and that day was very likely today.

She drew her blade, just in case. No doubt there would be yet more creatures drawn to the cacophany behind her. Truly, she was considering simply leaving the dungeon, lest she be cornered by the worm when it inevitably devoured the corpses of her would-be allies. But she had other methods of escape were she to come to danger, and unlike her companions, her plan actually involved avoiding certain death.

She continued her path down the hallway, continuing to curse the heat, curse idiot halflings, and curse herself for bothering to join an organization filled with such incompetent adventurers.

[spoiler]Move action: Draw Rapier
Move action: Walk 30 ft east[/spoiler]

Linwelin

Kin grunted, "Tougher than expected...time to take this seriously." He drew in a deep breath, and exhaled, give a cold glare toward the worm. Those nearby felt the sudden change of emotion like a chill in the air; it was slightly unnerving. With a practically superhuman whip of his arm, the halfling made a quick, clean slice straight out and diagonally down from right to left. As soon as he landed he was already set to dodge to the side. The precision and focus from this once-chaotic halfling seemed almost unheard of.

[spoiler]Combat Expertise

AC 20

[blockquote]Attack:  1d20+3 : 20 + 3, total 23[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Damage if hits:  3d6+3 : 3, 5, 5 + 3, total 16[/blockquote][/spoiler]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Linwelin

[spoiler][blockquote]Confirm Crit:  1d20+3 : 5 + 3, total 8[/blockquote]
[blockquote]New Damage if confirmed:  3d6+3 : 1, 6, 2 + 3, total 12[/blockquote][/spoiler]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_