[IC] Kaelban Estate

Started by Throndir, November 13, 2012, 04:41:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emperor Wilbers

Saendal glances around and catches his breath. He walks over to Ryine and kneels down beside him. "Are you okay?"

Oath

"Ah, Saendal I am a little shaken, but I will be alright. Thank you for your concern. I wonder what was the cause of that scream though, hopefully it isn't something that we need to fight." I regain my composure and rise back to my feet while bracing myself against the wall just in case some after effects from the wailing persist.

Emperor Wilbers

"Hopefully not, but we shall soon see. Shall we delve further into the abyss, or turn back and go the other path?"

Oath

"Well, we are already here, so we might as well see this path to the end." I raise my torch and walk down the hallway and turn to continue.

[spoiler] I walk 10 feet around the corner[/spoiler]

Emperor Wilbers

Saendal respects Ryine's decision and follows after him, just a foot behind him.

Throndir

[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

dehydromon

Having been idling for a bit while the others went about their ways, I finally decided it was my turn to do something useful. Just about that time, though, I heard a screech exuding from beyond the hallway Saendal and Ryine venture through. Quickly - though not at full speed, for I wasn't about to run as fast as I could to what very well may be my death - I made my way through the western archway and down the hallway to my immediate left. I sighed a sigh of relief inaudibly in my mind before filling in the gap between Saendal and Jorn. I made it a point not to express how satisfied I was that they were still alive so as not to make myself appear as though I might depend even the slightest on anyone who is not myself. There, I quietly awaited what move the group might make next.

Milk

Having finally recovered from being frozen with fear, i set out to rejoin my companions. Entering a nearby doorway i manage to walk right past their hallway and straight into a wall. After a brief recovery, I turned a few corners, heading in what i thought was the right direction, but apparently I did not discover my companions yet. Thinking it might be unwise to travel further in by myself, I decided to backtrack back to the first doorway, which is where i discover another path! I run smack dab into Jorn and fall backwards, hitting my head and rendering myself momentarily unconscious.

Oath

"Well then, now that more of us have gathered, perhaps it is time for us to move ahead?" I move around the corner and continue down the hallway. Going around the corner, I decide that it is for the best that I search for whatever manner of simple traps a man like myself might understand.

[spoiler]{trap check}[blockquote]Rolled 1d20-2 : 2 - 2, total 0[/blockquote][/spoiler]

Throndir

As the group moved forward with Ryine leading the way and lighting the darkness, you see another room open up. At the far end of it, you see another closed door. The room was dark, even when Ryine's torch lighted the area. As the flames moved, the rocks and stones on the ground which cast their shadows seem to flicker and move around. Like the rest of the basement, the floor was cracked and uneven in various places, and even the walls had signs of disrepair. Something felt ominous, though what it was, no one knew.

[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Oath

"At this rate, I doubt I could see a trap if it bit me in the face..." Feeling a bit worried about what may be laying in wait for us up ahead I decided that it would be best to ready my shield, and hopefully exchange my torch with another party member. "Would anyone happen to have a free hand? I would rather not be caught without my shield at the ready."

Emperor Wilbers

"As a Necromancer I always have at least one free hand. Give it here, and I will walk along side you." Saendal holds the torch in his left hand and unsheathes his short sword and readies it with his right.

Oath

I continue into the next room with my sword and shield at the ready. I decide to examine the room, in case there is anything to be seen.

[spoiler]{Search Check}[blockquote]Rolled 1d20-2 : 6 - 2, total 4[/blockquote]
I just step right inside the door. so 1 square into the room.
[/spoiler]

Throndir

You watch as Ryine carefully scans the room for any sort of trap.

[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Oath

"The room appears to be clear of traps." I declare to my party as their vanguard. "But, it does appear that one of the servants of this place may have met their unfortunate end near this room" I try to avoid looking at the severed arm in the corner as I make my way to west end of the room.

[spoiler] I move 15 feet west, to what I assume is the next door and wait. [/spoiler]