[IC] Kaelban Estate

Started by Throndir, November 13, 2012, 04:41:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

argonian

"Well, that was a bit underwhelming. It's not even locked." Xander reaches up to grab the handle and steps back, pulling the door open 90 degrees

Oath

I step through the door just into the next room, weapon ready to shed some light on our next destination.

Throndir

You watch as Ryine walks through the door to whatever was beyond.

[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Emperor Wilbers

[spoiler]How come I am not on the map?! Did I... Oh god...[/spoiler]

Oath

I approach and examine the next door while waiting for my allies to follow into this corridor.

[spoiler]{Search Check}[blockquote]Rolled 1d20-2 : 4 - 2, total 2[/blockquote][/spoiler]

Emperor Wilbers

Saendal walks forward into the short hallway with Ryine and sees the door. He waits there while Ryine examines the door.

Throndir

Examining the door again, you aren't quite sure what to look for. You do notice that the door seems to be closed.

[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Emperor Wilbers

"Let me see if I can't open the door," said Saendal. He walked forward, wrapped his long, thin fingers around the handle of the door, breathed in, and pulled.

Throndir

However, the door didn't budge. It was fast stuck. Saendal's pulling had no effect what so ever on the door.

Oath

"Woe is me! These wooden devices confound me so! Shall we head back the way we came, Saendal, or should I break through this door here?"

Emperor Wilbers

Saendal thought for a second, then answered. "You may try, but, there is a slight chance that you will actually be able to break down the door. And also, make sure to hit it with your good shoulder. We mustn't have any injuries, am I right?" Saendal steps back a couple steps and crosses his arms.

Oath

"Well I might as well give it a try as my perceptive skills are not up to par, maybe brute strength will solve this issue."

[spoiler]{Attack roll} This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d20+3 : 14 + 3, total 17 if hit This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d8+3 : 8 + 3, total 11[/spoiler]

"Hopefully that will teach you not to defy a man of the sword."

Throndir

Ryine's attacks slowly eat away at the wood. Though it was by far not enough to break the door down.

Emperor Wilbers

"Hroknashi! Brute strength is not the answer to everything. Let us head through the open hall down by the entrance, or, you may stay and bang away at that door. Your choice" Saendal turned and walked back towards the entrance.

[spoiler]I will walk right outside of the western hallway, waiting for the others.[/spoiler]

Oath

"It takes a real man to withstand a blow from my blade... What kind of sorcery has been cast on this wooden door?... I will let you go for now, but know that I will be back to have my revenge another day!" I turn and head back down the hall to rejoin my party, settling this score I have with this device will have to wait. Protecting the well being of my party is a far more important task.

[spoiler]I am next to Saendal now. [/spoiler]