[IC] Kaelban Estate

Started by Throndir, November 13, 2012, 04:41:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

QuoteIf you see spoiler tags, click on them! From now on after this all my OOC (OODM) comments will be in spoiler tags. Please read this first: Kaelban Estate Mission Board Before reading this topic.

If you are having trouble figuring out how to post, or what to do, please read: List of actions and possibly Writing a Roleplay Post. You are not required to post long however, I just want frequent posters to do actions.

Don't forget about hitting Thank You for posts which are well written/funny/interesting. Read here: Thank You Points

It wasn't too long of a journey. The estate wasn't all too far from Ternadan, or the headquarters of the guild, so everyone was still refreshed when they finally came upon the estate in question as well as the lord Eric Ghele who had waited for your group to arrive.

The estate was large, featuring a mansion, with many outlying buildings on either side. One thing that didn't take long for all of you to notice however was the state of disrepair of the place. Walls were cracked, gardens ruined, weeds growing abundantly, dirty footpaths, even the iron grate marking the entrance to the estate was rusted and worn.

Lord Ghele told you that he inherited the mansion from a cousin of his who died many, many years ago. The site was simply never claimed due to "legal processes" for many years, and only recently was lord Ghele able to inspect his newly acquired property. What he found astounded him. Although the upper floors of the interior was fine, the trouble is the basement floor. A locked door once barred the entrance to the area, but after Ghele's servants had opened it, and ventured in, they found themselves in the pit of life. Now, this isn't the bubbly and vibrant life one would expect from the word, but 'life' in a more quesy and disturbing way. Everywhere the servants looked, there were critters and vermin running loose and rampant. It didn't take long for screams to echo through the basement floors, as injured and dying servants rushed out to safety.

Lord Ghele was, of course, not pleased.

He recounted the story with an almost exuberant enthusiasm, his tone unchanging even at the describing of the deaths of his former servants. He had then ushered your group on its way. Into the gates, past the browning shrubbery, through the creaking large doors, and finally to the entrance of the basement.

And there you were.

Smack down at the start of the basement of the old and seemingly infested
Kaelban Estate.

You find yourselves at the basement. Looking out from where you had just came in from, the doors that marked the way out of the basement was closed. Lord Ghele mentioned that he didn't want any pesky creatures in anywhere else other than the basement, thus, after giving you each a key to unlock the door, he closed it.

And once it was closed, nothing but the darkness greeted you.

[spoiler]
QuotePlease have all out of character (OOC) comments, in the spoiler tag, or quotes. Preferably spoiler tag.

(Click on the image to enlarge)

[/spoiler]

Oath

In the darkness, I fumble around in my pack looking for flint and tinder to light one of my torches. After lighting the torch, I take a look around the room not particularly examining it, but just getting a feel for the situation that I have gotten myself into. I have my sword ready, and my shield on my back as I do not want to be caught off-guard by a nasty surprise that could potentially be waiting in the darkness.

Looking around at my companions on this quest in the light granted by the torch I mumble "Well ain't this a fine mess we got ourselves into." and wait to see how the other members of the party respond to our surroundings.

[spoiler]If anything is wrong or I should be using 3rd person instead of 1st person or anything else you can think of, let me know![/spoiler]

Throndir

There was nothing all too remarkable in the area. There was an archway to the west of you, and to the south was a closed door. Beyond the western archway, a hallway leads out to beyond, The floor has stains of blood, which was likely from the recent escapade of Ghele's servants. You notice that the floor is uneven, and it would make it a bit more of a challenge if one were to run through the area.

[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Manzokushi

The whole affair leading up to this expedition seemed rather amusing, but that did not hold Jorn back from participating. Once they arrived at the estate, events were whisked by quickly and they found themselves sealed within the basement of the estate. One companion fumbled about and began to light a torch. Jorn back away to the very edge of the illumination in order that he might preserve his dark vision. The moon elf gave a flourishing bow, "well gentlemen my name is Jornathel Mithraiian, and it is a pleasure to make your acquaintance. I suppose we should prepare to advance into this unsightly place and be done with our work. It would not do to miss a good dinner if at all possible."

He was unsure of these companions but a test was certainly in order to better analyze their strengths. Well no matter the course those made of the right stuff would prevail and the others will bless the moon with a kiss. He smiled a deep and warm smile enjoying his private comedy.

Emperor Wilbers

I stood at the back of the group, waiting, observing, so silently. I am known to be quite the observer. I watched them all sit there, clueless as to what to do, where to go, whom to trust. I listen to the pessimistic little man speak and think to myself. He is one I am not too fond of. Although, I am not too fond of the race of men in general. Then, the Elf. He speaks, in, an intriguing way. His attire, and appearance seem as if, he would be appealing to me, but no, his voice. His poor choice of words. I do not believe this to be a tea party! The rest of the group have not done anything that can perhaps impress me the slightest, so I will not form any opinions. I see the way ahead. It has blood strewn out across the uneven, broken stone floor and my eyes bulge with the sight of the dark red blood, but, I summon my will, and I resist the temptations. I see that the westernmost end of the room enters into a corridor, so I suppose that is where we will be going, unless of course our "group" of so called adventurers can't coexist in this infernal basement. I suppose, that I will just have to, see what, exactly, might, happen.

Oath

"Before deciding what route to take, we ought to see what other paths this room may offer." I said as I walked forward about ten feet to expand the light of my torch. "I am looking forward to working with you fellows, and I sincerely hope that we all make it out of here alive with a good tale to tell the next time we are in the tavern."

Throndir

You watch as Ryine takes up his torch and moves further south, lightening the darkness with the glow of his torch. The darkness parted slowly as Ryine took the steps further away from the group. You saw some rats scurry on by, reacting from the light that the torch gave off. The doorway to the south was a bit more visible, though it was still shrouded. There was still nothing else to note within the area.

[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Manzokushi

Quote"Before deciding what route to take, we ought to see what other paths this room may offer."

With silent strides, Jorn followed behind Ryine his voice falling to all but a whisper, "since you have taken the initiative to press south, this course should suit just fine." His perceptions were sharpened in this dank place. No matter who was within, it would not do to be caught unaware.

Oath

I continue south towards the door, looking around the room, just to get used to the types of features I will be seeing in this place. Upon reaching the door, I begin to examine it.

[spoiler][blockquote]Search Check 1d20-2 : 1 - 2, total -1[/blockquote][/spoiler]

Throndir

Ryine
You have no idea what you were looking for. Though you yourself agree it's a door.

Oath

"Guys! I found something, I think its a door!"

argonian

Xander pulls down his hood and greets his comrades remaining at the door. "Good to see I'm not the only one resorting to pest patrol. The name's Xander."

Hearing Ryine shout, he heads south to him and shouts back, "Need some help over there?"

Emperor Wilbers

[spoiler]Oath, that is gold![/spoiler]

Saendal watches the creature named Xander introduce himself and he composes his thoughts once more. He walks forward with the rest of the group and stops just a couple feet behind them. "Of course it's a door! Now, open it!" Saendal exclaims. Saendal does not intentionally mean to be a grouch, he just, as a result of his talent for observation, likes to, shall I say, test people, and see how they react to certain scenarios. This being one of those scenarios.

argonian

"Better safe than sorry, right?". Xander examines the door.

[spoiler][1d20] 15 = 15
Search skill check: 15 + 2 (int) + 4 (skill) = 21
[/spoiler]

Throndir

You watch as Xander moves towards the door, then carefully examines the door, looking into anything that might be out of place.

[spoiler]
[/spoiler]