[Side Job] Young Blood

Started by pringerbeam, February 26, 2019, 12:52:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mysticsage

"Not off the top of my head," Zephyr smiled. "If anything comes up I'll give you a call." He waves standing and will leave the bar and walk a block to wait for Joe.

pringerbeam

It is not long before Flea arrives at the bar.  The gangers outside eye the unmarked van as it pulls up to the bar and the atmosphere tenses up a little as some of them put a hand on their guns.  The chatter takes a lower tone as more of them take notice and become curious of the new arrival.

[info]Rough time 6:15 pm[/info]

Mysticsage

Zephyr opens the side door of the van and hops in the back with a smile. "Thanks for the pickup, we are headed for this bar as the first stop to see if we can get the scent."

He forwards the address to the commlink along with the number of the target. "Here is all the data I have on Sam Shaeun, elven pup going after someone working for the Italians. I'm going to go dead in the back here and see if I can't magically scope out the bar and get us some clues. That way, we can make this whole thing go faster. We should leave this neighborhood before someone gets itchy. Then it's your call if you want to park and dive to the digital or meet my soul at the bar. I'll wait to dive before we decide."

Oath

"This seems more like the physical type of job. Dude doesn't seem big enough to be posted about on the matrix so I'll have to get some boots on the ground. I'll park a bit away but not too far so that I can get back quickly if things take a turn for the worse." Jing was a bit nervous. He was decent enough in a fight if one broke out but he wasn't a fan of going it alone.

Mysticsage

"I was hoping you could somehow ping his commlink and get a closer location? We need to find him first and foremost if my spirit walkabout fails. But regardless, we should get a move on before Sam has a chance to get himself killed and the Italians even more pissed off." Zephyr says sitting back in the van.

"Well, it is time to earn my pay."
He smiles before leaving his body and speeding off as a spirit to the bar where the fight took place.

pringerbeam

Zephyr
     You arrive at the bar after a few minutes of astral flight.  The evening is still young, yet despite that the bar appears to be doing good business.  While it's physical features are difficulty to discern through the haze of the astral, you are at least aware that the neighborhood it is located in is of solidly upper middle class and the dinner rush of the civilian corporate types is just starting judging by the current occupancy of the bar.

[info]Make an astral perception check[/info]

Mysticsage

[info]Assensing
int+assensing
[blockquote]Rolled 8d6 : 6, 1, 4, 4, 4, 1, 2, 2, total 24[/blockquote][/info]

pringerbeam

The bar is awash with emotions: love, lust, stress, joy.  This, coupled with the crowd of auras makes it difficult to get much of an idea of what imprints might have been left from the fight last night just at a glance of the main room as a whole.

[info]There is a single awakened in the bar though you are not sure if they are a worker or patron and they are not currently dual natured.  There are no spirits in the astral space of the bar.[/info]

Oath

Jing parked a few blocks from the bar and began the walk over, he occasionally took a look at what devices were broadcasting, on the off chance that the kid they're looking for didn't go silent. When he arrived at the bar, he walked in casually and looked for a seat at the bar, before ordering a drink and taking in the gossip.

pringerbeam

Flea is able to find space to squeeze in at the end of the crowded bar and the bartender gets him his drink.  As they set the drink down on its coaster Flea sees their eye drift over to his gun.  They visibly tense up at this.  "Look, I don't know if we're like listed as a fighting bar or something as a joke but we really don't want any more trouble.  Can you just take your drink and leave?  After last night I really don't want to have to call in the cavalry again."  He said as he looked over to Flea's neighbor: an elf in armored suit that screams more money than fashion sense and hands that say 'I punch stuff.' 
     The elf doesn't look up from his comlink while he responds.  "Fuck, what's the point of free drinks if someone keeps killing your buzz?"  The bartender gives him a pleading look.  "Come on, isn't this the point of paying you protection money?"  He hisses, trying to keep the other patrons from taking more notice than they already have.  "Yeah but if this keeps up then so might our rates."  Replies the elf before finally turning to look Flea up and down.  "Piss off buddy, this establishment if for well-to-do folk.  There, you happy?"  He adds looking at the bartender.

[info]Rough time 6:45 pm[/info]

Oath

"Don't worry chummer, I'm not looking for trouble either, I'm looking to stop it. Did the events last night deal with a guy named Sam? If you can answer a couple questions for me, I'll gladly be on my way. Trouble is the last thing I'm after." Jing hoped that the men would be reasonable, and that the bouncer wouldn't try to do his bouncing before he got a few answers.

pringerbeam

The bartender seems to look relieved at this.  "I don't know their names if you're talking about the Ancient punks that crashed the bar.  They came in and were making a mess, they were scaring the customers so I asked them to leave.  Then one of them threatened me.  Said 'do you even know who we are?'  Then Ray stepped in and shit went sideways.  I heard one of them died but they had it coming.  First time I was glad I pay my protection money."  The elf raises his empty glass.  "...  And free drinks.  Speaking of?"  He jingled the lone ice cube around and the bartender poured him another finger.  The elf keeps an eye on the alcohol pouring into his glass while he speaks again.  "So why're you here?  You're not a cop, you're not an Ancient, and you're not one of my associates."  He took a sip of his drink, keeping his eyes on Flea.

Mysticsage

As Zephyr listened to the conversation at the bar he was happy that his body had remained in the van to avoid further issues. Turning back to the environment, in general, he did his best to focus on any clues that would appear in the astral. If he could find some leftover blood of the dead or wounded, or better yet a whisp of wrath, bravado, and loss then he might be able to track down Sam with it.

Sinking down to the floor he used his astral speed to scan every surface where blood could get after a brawl looking for the blacks and red of those dark emotions.

[info]Looking for clues in detail on the astral
[blockquote]Rolled 8d6 : 4, 1, 6, 6, 2, 4, 5, 5, total 33[/blockquote][/info]

pringerbeam

It takes some work sifting through the emotional sea that is the bar but eventually you are able to find an imprint that might be the fight.  It is weak at this point and likely to fade away by the end of the night but you are able to tease out a turbulent interweaving of emotions including anger, fear, pride, excitement, and jealousy.  The imprint is around the middle of the bar and you do not notice any associated awakened astral signatures.

[info]Note:  this psychic impression is not an astral signature of an individual but a communal imprint and you are not able to identify specific auras from it.  Gaining further information from this imprint requires the Psychometry metamagic.[/info]

Mysticsage

Zephyr takes a moment to take a mental snapshot of the aura before returning to his body in the back of the van. Gasping for breath, he takes a moment to center himself and then moves to send flea a message.
[info]
>Z: I found what evidence I could on the Astral. Assuming what your new drinking buddy said is true it looks like we found Sam's target. Think this area has cameras? Think it is worth acting as a guardian angel for this guy for a while?

If we can narrow down the search radius I can try to find Sam down in the astral maybe a block or two and I have a high chance to find our catch. I would prefer to not enter the bar in the real world, my colors make people assume things.[/info]