[Leo] Chapter 2: A Trade Deal

Started by Throndir, August 15, 2018, 10:40:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lance

"I bet you do! However, there's no need to thank me, dear lady, for it is only natural that you receive aid from a hero such as I!" The writer proudly remarked, as he set down the fox beside him in order to take the reins from the overgrown Liza.

"I'm glad you liked the pie though. It might make for a good starter dish after all and look," Leo pointed at the after-effects still visible on the lady's face. "It even doubles as a ranged projectile! Therefore, we can sell it to farmer and soldier alike! Then, with twice the potential customers, we'll rake in twice the profit! Truly, an ingenious plan."

Leo then shifted more of his attention onto his companion in order to gauge her reaction to his undeniable ingenuity, thus he finally realized that she had been staring at him intently all this time. "What, already fallen for my charm and dashing good looks? Too bad, I already have someone I like."

"More importantly, Lizalee, how good are you at ad-lib? Also, you missed a spot."

QuoteLeo will just be calmly awaiting their impending doom, while occasionally telling Liza that she missed a spot.
"A wish? Okay, genie, make me a ham sandwich."

Throndir

"Ad-lib? As good as any other merchant! But if you mean we'll talk our way out, as I said before, they'll immediately notice once they see my face. What can you summon with your food ability? Or how about that fox of yours? Anything it can do? It somehow managed to defend against a Ki attack... As I recall, it was already headed straight back towards you even before I initiated a flash step..." Liza's eyes looked curiously at the fox, as if running through her mind a variety of different explanations.

"They'll probably notice me if I start dashing away... These plains are really too open. And apart from your summoning circle, it seems the rest of the lands that came in this Shifting was rather... empty."

Lance

"Shifting? You really use some strange and wonderful words, you strange and wonderful person, you. As for my 'food ability,' I have no clue. The first time I used it was shortly after we met," the writer casually remarked before his eyes suddenly narrowed into thin slits. "Except you seem too overly-preoccupied with the little fox, and while I'll politely choose not to question your unique preferences, I'll still ask that you keep your hungry stare away from the little critter. You're beginning to scare it - and me as well."

"Still, if the only problem is with them seeing your lovably pie-stained face, then quickly cover up that offending body part and later find some excuse to keep it covered, a simple matter for the great Liza Hearts, right?"

"If you'd like, I can even help cover your face with another pie, free of charge!" Leo was beaming.

Throndir

"Ugh! Out of all the people in ths cosmos, I get stuck with you. Keep my face covered? And what kind of excuse will you give them?"

Lance

"Lucky you," Leo grinned. "As for an excuse, just make something up! Have the world tremble at your magnificent schemes! Let us all stand in awe of your great merchanting skills! You are a merchant, right?" The writer tentatively asked. "But if you need some pointers from a non-merchant such as I, then I'd advise you act like you're under some strange and hard-to-detect curse, one where your skin burns when in contact with air and your throat stings whenever you try to speak. Once I explain the situation as such to such ardently law-abiding citizens such as they, who can blame you if you cover your face and try not to speak?"

Throndir

"A curse? A little far-fetched..."

Liza thought about it for a moment.

"... You don't happen to be able to make that look like... blisters?"

QuoteGroup of Riders coming in 5 more minutes.

Lance

The writer shrugged. "It's worth a try. Then, one order of blister pie coming right up!『Summon Food』," he gave the command, this time willing for the creation of one pie so dastardly, so fiendish, and so precious that it would temporarily add fake blisters when applied directly to the forehead. Now, whether or not it had a sufficient effect remained to be seen. however...

"It's... beautiful," Leo spoke in awe, then he threw it at Liza.

Throndir

QuoteDescribe what you want this pie to do. Or any special properties you wish it to have.

Lance

QuoteLeo's simply aiming to have the pie add fake blisters to Liza's face after he throws it at her so a simple [Disguise] or [Perception Altering] effect is the goal.

Throndir

[info]New Food Learned
Food: Blister Pie
Form: Altered
Base: Single-Target
Effects: Disguise
MP Cost: 4[/info]
The pie splattered on her face.

"Okay Liza Hearts, this is just a disguise. He was just trying to help. Try not to wrangle the life out of him." Liza said unamused.

Instead of falling down, a good chunk of the pie stuck itself to her face. Liza tried taking off what she could, and out of curiosity she tried some as well.

"It actually tastes pretty good too..."

Once she removed what she could, a whole bunch of blisters was left on her face. It completely covered her, and she didn't look recognizable at all. It was as if her face was completely swollen. And the various blisters on her looked almost real.

Liza begun opening crates again at the back of her wagon, it took her a few minutes, but she eventually managed to create a makeshift bed. Not a moment later, she plopped herself in it.

"Oh woe is me!" Liza began. "For I have caught some sort of incurable disease, and must be shut away in this wagon as to not infect any town, village, or city that I might reside in!"

[include u=2]MP Leo: -25[/include]

Lance

"Alas, poor Waggy the Fifth, how tragic a fate that doth beset thee," Leo continued, as he glanced at his blissfully blistery companion. "But really now, Rizzy, I hope your acting's as good as your looks!"

QuoteStill waiting till riders.

Throndir

"They hopefully won't recognize me at least!" Liza responded.

[info]Continue to Chapter 3: The Church and State[/info]