Chapter 01 - The Company of the New Dawn and the Tomb of Akhentepi

Started by pringerbeam, May 14, 2018, 08:33:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jammermoore

Once everyone makes it down the climb, Noland asks Sehra if she is alright. Then asks what attacked them. Noland's attention gets reverted back to the carving on the doors of the figure wearing padded armor.

[info]Knowledge local check
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+8 : 1 + 8, total 9[/blockquote][/info]

pringerbeam

[info]Knowledge (Local)
     Something about the carving is familiar but you can't remember the figure off the top of your head. [/info]

KAKnyght

[info]Current HP/Max HP: 8/10

Prepared Spells:
Level 0 (3) - Detect Magic, Detect Poison, Stabilize
Level 1 (2) - Cure Light Wounds, Entangle

May spontaneously cast Summon Nature's Ally I as a replacement for a Level 1 Spell slot[/info]

Sehra sits along the wall, with a still racing heart and quite embarassed, collecting her thoughts after her harrowing, nearly fatal incident, watching as Buragan angrily attempts to clean himself. She gets into her pack and collects a coffee bean and places it in her mouth, then, upon Noland checking on her, she picks herself up, puts on a smile and says "I will be fine, but I do appreciate your concern." She then looks over to Lydia and says "And thank you very much for the assist, I may be shaken, but at least that means I'm still moving". She then says to the whole party "I am ready to move on when you are".

InhumanRonin

"Sorry i couldnt get a hold of you Sehra during the fall but at least you are seem to be one piece. Omar looks around the room hoping to see if he could avoid what happened in the room above. Thinking to himself, "How did that scorpion manage to sneak in behind us? Cant risk something like that happening as we get deeper down in this tomb."

[info]Perception check- [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+1 : 5 + 1, total 6[/blockquote][/info]
Famous last words- DONT WORRY GUYS I GOT THIS!

GG - Henon     

pringerbeam

[info]Perception
     Beyond the shaft you have descended and the doors to the West, there appears to be no other way into or out of the room you are in.  Beyond centuries of dust and the corpse slumped against the doors, the room is bare.[/info]

jammermoore

Well thankfully everyone is in good shape. This room is starting to feel small we should move on. Noland starts to walk towards the doors. Should the cat take lead or should it be the last to detour anything sneaking up on us again?

SleepingSkeleton

"I hope both of you are all right.  I really need to work on properly channeling this healing power.  I've been told it makes people feel better, but I think it's mostly just the belief that a God is watching them, I haven't actually closed any wounds yet.  I'd be happy to do so, of course, just... don't expect too much,"  Alaya looks down and slightly dejected with that last comment, but perks up slightly when the suggestion of pressing onwards is made. "I'll take point.  No sense in getting those who are already injured any further.  Besides, I know most of you have keener sense than I do.  I can take whatever comes to us in front if you all can watch my back."
[info]If knowledge religion gives any more insight into the carved figure
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+6 : 14 + 6, total 20[/blockquote][/info]

pringerbeam

[info]Knowledge (Religion)
     The figure does not appear to be anyone of religious significance that you know of.[/info]

InhumanRonin

Omar follows up behind Alaya, "Hey NoIand switch me places I will follow right next to Alaya just in case something happens on the other side of the door so we can at the very least try to form some sort of wall to protect the others." Omar draws his shield and warhammer and starts to open the door once he is in position

GG - Henon     

pringerbeam

The skeletal remains slump over and fall apart, barely held together by the rotted clothing and the bag it was holding falls onto its side with a faint clink as the door swings inward.  The hall beyond is only partially illuminated by the sunrod lying on the floor, casting dark shadowy silhouettes of the party halfway down the hall, the rest being only dimly lit.  The walls are carved in bas relief depicting a great battle.  One of the armies appears to be headed by a man wearing the same padded armor and bearing the scarab shield of the door's carving but they appear to be older, and in seeing this carving they become a missing link between the young man of the door and the elderly face carved onto the exterior of the mausoleum itself: it is Akhentepi himself, middle aged in this new carving.

InhumanRonin

"Woah I wonder what all of these carvings are about! Omar exclaims as he cautiously looks around enters the new room. Omar also reaches for his lantern and turns it on to help see better as we get deeper into this tomb. "Seems safe if you guys want to come in." Omar notices the skeleton and bag on the other side of the door and starts to investigate it.

[info]Assuming we actually see the corpse if not ignore it
Perception to check the skeleton and bag- [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+1 : 9 + 1, total 10[/blockquote][/info]

GG - Henon     

pringerbeam

[info]Perception
     The skeletal corpse is as still and lifeless as it was for when the first members of your party arrived in the room, albeit now partially dissembled from falling into the hallway.[/info]

InhumanRonin

"Well seems like this bag is safe." Omar reaches down picks up the bag and searches the inside of it.

GG - Henon     

pringerbeam

The leather of the bag is cracked and partially rotted but still managed to stay relatively intact.  Inside you find two somewhat rusted but still serviceable climbing pitons, a hammer in similar shape, and two flasks of alchemist's fire.  The rest of the bags contents rotted to dust long ago.

jammermoore

Alright Omar. Yea its a good idea to have you two in the front. Noland follows Omar in to the next room.

[info]Perception check of the room Omar and Noland are in.
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+8 : 2 + 8, total 10[/blockquote][/info]