Chapter 01 - The Company of the New Dawn and the Tomb of Akhentepi

Started by pringerbeam, May 14, 2018, 08:33:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pringerbeam

[info]Perception Checks (Same result for both)
You are unsure what you see down at the bottom of the shaft next to the sunrod.  Perhaps it is only shadows but you can not tell from the distance you are at.[/info]

InhumanRonin

"Looks like someone will have to actually climb down the hole to see what's down there I cant seem to make anything out at the bottom either. And if there are no takers to go down I suppose I could." Omar begins to check his gear to prepare himself for potentially climbing down into the unknown of the tomb.
Famous last words- DONT WORRY GUYS I GOT THIS!

GG - Henon     

SleepingSkeleton

"I'll go.  After all, this is a tomb, and should we find anything unliving down there, I'm best equipped to handle it."  Alaya begins to tie her silk rope to the piton, and takes a section of Omars rope as well.  "Probably best that one of the two of us stay up here until last though, so they can help pull anyone up if they need to.  I'll leave my pack up here, lower it down when I get down there."  Checking that both the knots and the piton seem secure, she stands back up and smiles at the group.  "Well, let's get down to some heroics shall we?"  She says as she begins the descent into the depths.
[info]Climb Check
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 12, total 12[/blockquote][/info]

pringerbeam

You make it down to the bottom of the shaft, finding that as you near the bottom, the shaft gives way to a free-fall for 10 feet where it opens up into a larger room.  The shadows you saw at the bottom of the shaft appear to have merely been a length of rope, decades old by the looks of it.  One end is frayed as if snapped, the other you are able to follow to see it tied to the waist of a skeleton slumped against the doors to the west, its flesh long rotted away, and its clothing frayed and ancient.  A small bag lies under the skeletal arm, gripped by the long dead man.

[info]Since you're out of combat, we will handle the descent as a single climb check for anyone trying to climb down the rope.

Knowledge: Nature or Heal check to determine the fate of the dead man if you so choose.[/info]

SleepingSkeleton

Alaya yells up, "I made it.  Looks like we aren't the first ones to have come down here.  There's a dead man down here.  Might have fallen.  I'll take a look."
[info]Heal Check
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+4 : 1 + 4, total 5[/blockquote][/info]

jammermoore

After Alaya yelled she made it. Noland states "I'll go down next but I'm not very good with heights." Noland does a quick laugh at his comment, then begins the descent down.

[info]climb check
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+1 : 19 + 1, total 20[/blockquote]
[/info]

Oath

Lydia decided it was time for her to go. She didn't want to be the last one down. She looked to her mule. "Sorry buddy, it looks like you might need to wait up here. Not sure how we can get you down. She approached the hole, looking down to the bottom. The ones that had gone down the rope seemed to be safe.

"OK I'm coming down next!

[info] Climb Check
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20-1 : 16 - 1, total 15[/blockquote]
[/info]

pringerbeam

[info]Roll initiative everybody

Sehra, roll perception for your animal companion[/info]

KAKnyght

[info]According to https://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/animals/felines/cat-great/lynx-tohc/ my animal companion weighs from 20-40 pounds, if it was not an animal companion, but it seems the rules for an animal companion version of an animal are usually different than a beastiary version?[/info]

[info]Initiative Roll
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+2 : 9 + 2, total 11[/blockquote][/info]

KAKnyght

[info]Animal Companion Perception Check
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+2 : 16 + 2, total 18[/blockquote][/info]

KAKnyght

[info]Perception Check
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+4 : 8 + 4, total 12[/blockquote][/info]

jammermoore

[info] initiative check
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+3 : 7 + 3, total 10[/blockquote][/info]

SleepingSkeleton

[info]Initiative
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 16, total 16[/blockquote]
Perception
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+1 : 16 + 1, total 17[/blockquote][/info]

InhumanRonin

[info]Perception [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+1 : 10 + 1, total 11[/blockquote]
Initiative[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+3 : 10 + 3, total 13[/blockquote] [/info]
Famous last words- DONT WORRY GUYS I GOT THIS!

GG - Henon     

Oath

[info]Initiative
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+4 : 13 + 4, total 17[/blockquote]
[/info]