Chapter 01 - The Company of the New Dawn and the Tomb of Akhentepi

Started by pringerbeam, May 14, 2018, 08:33:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pringerbeam

With some work you're able to pull the stone slab back on its hinges to gain entry to the mausoleum.  The light spilling in from the outside is more than enough to illuminate the interior, revealing walls painted with various scenes and engraved with osirian hieroglyphs.  Across from the doors is a large circular stone slab engraved with the spiral of Pharasma sits resting on the opposite wall flanked by nearly floor to ceiling carvings of some jackal headed being (Alaya recognizes these as the same figure with smaller carvings on the exterior and can identify them to be Anubis).  Dust glitters in the sun's rays, disturbed by the slightest breeze flowing past you into the room.

SleepingSkeleton

"It looks to be an antechamber, most likely for those who wished to visit whoever was buried here."  Alaya says as she enters into the tomb.  "There's not likely to be terribly much within here, as it was more than likely not used for much more than entering and brief visits.  Anything that we would need would likely be farther in, past this slab.  But maybe it's best to make sure."
Alaya intones a small prayer and her eyes flash gold as she scans the room, and approaches the circular slab on the far wall.
[info]Using detect evil, just briefly sweeping the room unless anything pings, in which case that would get some more investigation, and then walking to the slab and seeing if there's anything on the other side obviously evil.[/info]

pringerbeam

[info]Alaya
You note no evil auras within your "field of view."  (Side note: they aren't specific as to the alignment of Anubis, for now I'm going with LN unless new information arises.  Your character would know this from your Religion checks earlier.)[/info]

jammermoore

Noland notices Alaya walking into the tomb, he slowly walks in looking at everything.
[info]Perception check of the chamber with stonecunning (+2) and trapfinding (+1) added in
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+8 : 6 + 8, total 14[/blockquote][/info]

InhumanRonin

Omar looks around in wonder of the markings on the wall "Anyone have any idea what these mean?" Omar pointing at the Hieroglyphs. "if any of these is important let me know and I will write it down in my journal otherwise I am going to head into the next room." Omar proceeds to the doors and awaits a response.
Famous last words- DONT WORRY GUYS I GOT THIS!

GG - Henon     

pringerbeam

[info]Nolan
     You don't notice any abnormalities in the stonework of the antechamber beyond a track along the back wall which the round stone portcullis rests in.  It will take some strength to roll the heavy stone slab, perhaps not as easy to open as the outer doors. [/info]

jammermoore

Noland slow moves towards the tracks to take a closer look at them. Noland waves to the rest of the team, then proceeds to point out the tracks to Omar and Alaya. Noland whispers "Hey you two there's tracks here for this round stone. Hopefully your combined strength possibly could open it"

InhumanRonin

"Tracks you say? Well I suppose it couldn't hurt to try and turn or move this stone." Omar walks over to the stone and attempts to move it by himself.

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+3 : 20 + 3, total 23[/blockquote]

GG - Henon     

pringerbeam

Omar is unable to open the door alone, despite his best attempts.  The stone continues to block the way.

InhumanRonin

Omar strains and grunts as he tries to open the door. "It's no use I can't get this open. If some others could lend me a hand perhaps we can get it open." Omar steps back for a quick breather as he waits on some help.

GG - Henon     

jammermoore

Noland walks over while watching Omar struggle with the stone."Hey Omar let me help and lets see if it will open with the two of us or do we need Alaya's help too"
[info]Strength check
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+1 : 5 + 1, total 6[/blockquote][/info]

InhumanRonin

Struggling with the door a second time. "Yeah definitely going to need a third set of hands to open this thing."

GG - Henon     

KAKnyght

"I know it will not be much I shall assist the best I can."

[info]Strength check to Aid Another
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+1 : 4 + 1, total 5[/blockquote][/info]

SleepingSkeleton

Alaya removes her pack, placing it on the floor and takes off her shield.  "I'm sure Omar appreciates the help, but I think this may fall a bit more under my set of skills," she says, pushing her sleeves up a bit as she steps forward and grasps the stone disc. 
[info]Strength check
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+3 : 14 + 3, total 17[/blockquote][/info]

pringerbeam

Together, Alaya and Omar are able to push the stone down its track, opening the way.  After rolling the stone back enough to allow someone to easily cross the threshold, you find that the stone is designed to roll back into place blocking the passage.  While it should not be hard for a single person to hold the stone in place, left alone it would close behind the party and once again require effort to open.
     The room beyond is dimly lit by the ambient light spilling into the antechamber but the general features are easily seen.  Unlike the antechamber, this room is devoid of decoration, ancient dust covers the solid stone floor which is very well constructed, so well constructed that it appears as if the floor is all carved from a single stone.  In the middle of the room is a square hole also perfect in its carving except for a single piton pounded into the near edge of the hole.  The walls are smooth and devoid of any carvings, paintings, or hieroglyphs as the antechamber is.