Chapter 01 - The Company of the New Dawn and the Tomb of Akhentepi

Started by pringerbeam, May 14, 2018, 08:33:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jammermoore

While Omar starts to clear the sand from the door, Noland wonders if the door has any traps attached to it. He doesn't want to get injured before they start the search into the crypt.

[info]Trapfinding perception check
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+6 : 1 + 6, total 7[/blockquote][/info]

pringerbeam

It takes almost two hours of everyone pitching in to excavate the entrance without any tools and by the time the doors and an appropriate area for them to swing out are cleared of sand the heat of the day has truly set in.  This is worsened by the manual labor and before you know it the heat begins to take its toll.

[info]Everyone make fortitude saves to resist the heat, those wearing heavy armor take a -4 penalty.  Alternatively, you may make attempts to offset the heat through ingenuity (results not guarenteed).[/info]

InhumanRonin

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+5 : 10 + 5, total 15[/blockquote] Sweat rolls from Omar's body as the digging goes longer and the day hotter. To try and keep some what cool he removes his armored coat and empties his waterskin on himself through out the excavation. "Next time we should be a think about this moment when we are back in town and get some proper excavation equipment." Omar jokes with the crew as they dig up the doorway.

[info]If endurance counts towards this add plus 4 to the result of the roll. Also after the doorway is clear I put back on my Armored Coat[/info]
Famous last words- DONT WORRY GUYS I GOT THIS!

GG - Henon     

Oath

Lydia dumps some of the water from her waterskin over her head while watching Omar dig with his hammer. She concentrates on her waterskin and with a few quick words and motions, it is full once more. "Anyone need some water?

[info] fortitude save
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+6 : 11 + 6, total 17[/blockquote]

SleepingSkeleton

Alaya straps her shield back onto her arm after having used it to help clear the sand from the door.  Wiping her brow, she stands, dusting off her clothes and looks at the other members of the group.  "Yes, perhaps something a little more meant for the job than our armor and weapons would be nice.  As it is, we'll have to make due though.  It'd be a waste of time to go back. I'm sure we can figure our way through any other problems that arise."
Turning to look at the Undine, Alaya smiles. "Always impressive to see your power here. It is truly a great gift to be able to conjure water here under the scorching suns of this land.  I would gladly take some if you are willing." 
[info]Fortitude Save [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+7 : 13 + 7, total 20[/blockquote][/info]

KAKnyght

After a great deal of exhaustion I say quietly to Buragan "Perhaps I should have kept following you."

[info]Fortitude Save
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+4 : 14 + 4, total 18[/blockquote][/info]

jammermoore

After digging the sand noland wipes the sweat off his face
[info]fortitude save from heat
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+1 : 7 + 1, total 8[/blockquote][/info]

pringerbeam

Your work finishes and you now all stand before the cleared doors after digging down to the hard earth which once was the original surface of the graveyard.  The sun grows ever more oppressive as the cool air of the morning grows ever more distant.

[info]Nolan takes 1 point of non-lethal damage from the heat[/info]

jammermoore

As sun heats Noland up he states "Now with the door cleared can we get out of this sun please." Noland looks at Omar hoping his strength can get this door up quickly.

InhumanRonin

"Yeah probably wise to get get inside sooner rather then later. Let's just hope that its cooler in there then it is out here. But before we head in everyone should make sure they have water light and any gear they might need for when we are inside."

Omar walks over to his horse and digs around and pulls out puts half of his rope into his backpack

"And someone should get Sahra's attention before we leave her behind."

GG - Henon     

KAKnyght

"I must still have some of the mornings coffee in my system for you to not notice me here, perhaps you are developing desert fever? Wait, no, desert fever usually causes the opposite reaction ... anyways, I believe we are well stocked on water thanks to Lydia, hopefully we have all of the other supplies we need once inside." I wipe my brow and continue, "I think we may not have checked with each other on our personal supplies well enough for this venture."

jammermoore

as the door is opening Noland steps back from the frontlines behind Omar. "Hey guys, I'm going to stay behind the big guy." Noland gets ready to stealth,
[info]stealth check
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+7 : 19 + 7, total 26[/blockquote][/info]

InhumanRonin

Omar looks around "sorry yeah it must be a bit of the heat getting to me but I will be fine." Omar takes a small drink from his backpack. "If everyone is ready I am going to start in to the tomb. GOD I cant wait to see what is in here!

GG - Henon     

Oath

Lydia looks at the door and squeezes past the rest of the group frustrated. She gets a firm grip on the door and starts to pull.

"Okay enough dilly dallying, let's get this door open. Give me a hand."

InhumanRonin

Omar reaches to help Lydia open the door into the tomb. "Hey let me help you with that." When we head start inside I will take point as a heads up everyone" After the door opens Omar reaches down to his lantern and turns it on then reaches to wield his shield and his scimitar.

GG - Henon