[IC] Mt. Hersh's Fallen Fortress

Started by Throndir, January 10, 2018, 05:05:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luro

Having noticeable trouble getting her steed to cooperate, Miriana tried to ride up next to Elys, struggling with her reins.

"I'm fine with... taking our... time... for now. Calm down you!" After pulling hard on her reins, the horse had finally stopped fighting and stood quietly. She breathed a sigh of relief.

"We should probably get moving soon before this fella gets spooked again..."

Throndir

The first day of travel was uneventful. According to Elys' route, the first three days of the journey would be on the main roads. The first one from Ternadan to Magnolia, and after that, from Magnolia on the eastern road towards Kel Darim. These particular roads were well-guarded for the most part. Simply for the reason that many armed caravans would make theirs ways between the large cities. And though the more brazen bandits, or those in large numbers, would often strike, for the most part, due to the traffic on the roads, they chose not to.

You had met many passing individuals along the road, but for the most part you had kept to yourself, and they had kept to themselves.

[info]If you decide to talk with any of these pasersbys, let me know, and we'll split a separate thread for that interaction, but will keep things going on the main thread. Ensure you have a purpose of what to ask them for![/info]Not long into your journey, perhaps an hour. At a distance you see what looks to be a slain carcass of some bugbears, along with an armed caravan at a distance away. Soon enough you were close enough to them. Not only were there bodies of bugbears, you see the bodies of a few armored humans, already being stripped off their weapons and armor by other armored men, presumably the caravan's guards. A man with a purple plumed hat, and what looked to be gaudy clothes called out to you. He was sitting inside a carriage and peered out.

"Ahoy there!" The man called out. "You look like some armed travelers. From the Guild of Galas'nor no less. Care for a job?" He queried.

[info]Time traveled: 1 hour
Distance remaining: 307 miles[/info]

frogman210

Sylvir looks to the party members then turns his horse a bit to the side to face the people talking. "What is it that you need help with? Are you in danger? We are on a bit of a time crunch at the moment, but if there is something pressing we may be able to spare a small bit of time. "

What do you two say?  Sylvir quietly says over his shoulder.. "If they are in dire need we should at least make sure that they can make it to the next closest destination they can get some help, but if its something larger they need we may be able to help them on the way back through, what do you think?

Make a general roll to see if I notice anything suspicious as if this seems like a trap or some kind of suspicious business or if it seems as this group is genuinely on the up and up with calling out to us.  [blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 8, total 8[/blockquote]

Oath

Elys listens to the conversation between the two, not saying much herself. She examines the man that seemed to have a job, trying to get a sense of his character.

[info]Rolling Sense Motive.
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+3 : 19 + 3, total 22[/blockquote]
[/info]

Throndir

[info]@Sylvir, that would be a Sense Motive check, feel free to roll that d20 again when you get a chance, and I'll apply the correct modifier.[/info]Elys, Sense Motive on purple-plumed hat man
The man before you wore fine clothing. They were decorated and you can tell that his clothing was worth a good sum. The flamboyant colors were strange, to say the least, but the man seemed comfortable in his attire. He looked much too young to be a merchant, though, it was true that in this particular caravan, everyone else seemed to be guards, each armed with weapons. Inside the carriage itself there wasn't anyone else but the man. There were three other wagons besides the carriage that the man rode in, and his request for help, whatever it was, seemed genuine, though you got the feeling that he would have probably asked any other random armed traveler, not just specifically the three of you.

Throndir

Sylvir, Sense Motive on purple-plummed hat man
You couldn't get a good sense of the person's character. He wore rich finery, and seemed to be in command of leading a troupe of the three wagons and the carriage he was in. Apart from that you can't get a feel of his character other than what he seems to appear as; a merchant of some sort.

Oath

"Sorry, I don't think we have the time to help you. We have some urgent business to attend to, but I am sure that there are plenty of adventurers on the road that would be more than willing to lend a hand. If your situation is truly dire, perhaps the authorities would be able to help you more than we."

Elys didn't think that the party had the time to help the stranger, and her allies hadn't said anything to affirm that they would like to help him so it would be best to keep moving forward.

Throndir

[info]If there's no other response by Thursday to change this, or confirmation, I'll be proceeding to the next scene. If all players agree and post sooner,
and I can see it before tonight, I'll go ahead and post the next scene.[/info]

Throndir

[info]Time traveled: 8 hour
Distance traveled: 40 miles
Distance remaining: 272 miles
Hex Distance from Ternadan On 2nd hex
Path: Large trade road between Ternadan and Magnolia[/info]Soon enough you left the caravan troupe behind you. The man in the purple hat looked dismayed, but he eventually shrugged as he motioned his men to keep an eye out for the next set of travelers.

The rest of the journey was uneventful. You had encountered many more other caravans or groups, but none of them seemed to bother with talking to you, only keeping to themselves. Eventually dusk had started to settle. The horses had begun to tire, though you could continue to forcefully march them if you intended to. There were already some campfires from other groups visible in the distance given from the tell-tale sign of smoke.

[info]Roll Survival for how well camp is setup.
Assuming rations will be used and no hunting involved. If you want to hunt/fish/gather food, roll Survival as well.
If you plan to go looking for monsters/etc, then we'll make a split thread for the ones who want to do that.
Afterwards, if you are to setup a night watch, state order of  the nightwatch, or any preparations done before the party heads to rest.[/info]

Oath

Elys goes about setting up camp and seeing if she can find any easy game for a quick meal, if not she is fine eating rations.

[info]
Survival roll(s)?
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+7 : 12 + 7, total 19[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+7 : 2 + 7, total 9[/blockquote]
[/info]

Throndir

Elys' Survival on survive in the wilderness
Elys had gone hunting then as well as the group neared their stop for the evening. Eventually she had come back with more than enough food for the three of you. It was primarily berries, but she also managed to bring back some small game as well. Judging from how the sky and clouds were this day as well, youi predicted that tomorrow should be smooth sailing as well. You expected that there would be some overcast skies in tomorrow's journey, but nothing out of the ordinary.

[info]For those wanting to help with camp, please roll Survival, and we'll treat it as Aid Another to Elys' Survival roll. I'll resolve the camp making by Sat evening if there are no posts using Elys' existing final total.[/info]

Throndir

Everyone
Though Elys had brought back food, it took much longer for the actual camp to be set up. Eventually however, the three of you managed to set up camp, get your horses tied, tents setup, and a fire started. This main road from Ternadan to Magnolia was heavily used, and with the amount of other camps you knew to be around, it wasn't likely that the night's rest would be disturbed.

[info]Also assuming a watch will take place, with the order being: Sylvir, Elys, then Miriana. I'll keep doing rolls secretly on my end for encounters. Assuming everyone is getting their char to rest for the evening, post away if you have any specific things different from that.[/info]