[IC] Return to the Cursed Woods

Started by Throndir, July 04, 2016, 08:08:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

[info]Background info:

Cursed Wood RP was a live RP I ran with another group of guild members. The only take away is that the guild came to investigate a town, the town of Halsen, with the lumberjacks going missing, only to find out it was a bunch of nymphs who didn't like their home being destroyed. The guild members eventually proposed a solution which ended with a truce between the nymphs and the woodsmen, and the woodsmen, were still able to gather from the forest.

Notable characters met were:
-Mayor Kenton, of Halsen Village
-Gasdon, lumberjack
-Allie, a faerie who befriended Olette, our fellow guild member
-Variety of unnamed nymphs

Kin and Alphonse only.[/info]

It had been over a year since the guild had visited the town of Halsen, and already that small lumber town had continued to grow in prosperity, new towns since then have sprung up as well, creating more lumber camps through out the nearby forests. While passing through, you received word of an attack on a town called 'Halsen'. It was familiar, and it didn't take you long to realize it was a town that the guild members had been to before, solving an issue with their woodsmen disappearing, and only to find out it was nymphs who were simply putting the lumberjacks into a stasis.

This time however, it wasn't just disappearance. As you the rumors abounded in the tavern you were in, it seemed as if the entire town was killed. At the very least, only one survivor managed to get out as he frantically made his way towards Falcon's Hollow. One of the newer lumber towns, the nearest to Halsen. You were told that the owner of the town, Thuldrin Kreed, was offering a hefty amount of gold for any adventurers willing to investigate. With you already near the region, you took up the offer, making you way to Falcon's Hollow.

It was nearing late evening, and the skies continued to pour down rain. At the very least the journey towards Falcon's Hollow was a wet one. Though Kin and Alphonse made steady progress to the town. With their gear soaked, and their horses drenched, did they make it to the gates of Falcon's Hollow. Much like the town of Powderkeg to the east, this town too was fortified with a wall made out of wood. It was raised up on a hill, though unlike Powderkeg which was surrounded primarily by flatlands and rolling hills, Falcon's Hollow had a clear and visible view of the various forests around it.

Soon enough you made your way to the entrance. The doors were already closed and locked, but when one of the guards noticed you, they raised the door allowing you passage. A woman with a hooded lantern and a thick cloak around her approached you soon after. The rain was pouring hard still, and raising her voice above the continuous pitter-patter of the raindrops did she finally speak.

"I recognize that guild emblem of yours. Galas'nor? You're quite the heroes of Powderkeg and Halsen I hear..." She remarked. "Either way, state your business, it's already late." The guard continued, though she said as if it was out of habit.

Linwelin

Kin rather enjoyed traveling through the northern woods. There wasn't the usual city bustle, and that sense of solitude gave him a reason to seek quiet. That, and his tendency to speak his mind would trouble no one else; he could talk to himself freely about whatever he desired. He could curse out his annoyance of a roommate for stress relief, review his past battles to learn from his mistakes and successes, or even sing a bit. At least, that's what he would do were he by himself. But at this point in time, he had a traveling companion. Of course, that wouldn't stop him from doing what he wanted, except for the singing. Maybe.

"I wonder what this Thuldrin Kreed character is like. Is he asking for help to aid the survivor, or to prevent whatever caused the tragedy from wandering to his own settlement." Kin pauses thoughtfully. "Well, I know it's both, or else he wouldnd't be much of a chief, or lord, or whatever he's calling himself. But which way does he lean? Is he more selfish or selfless? Hmm..." Kin continued this thoughtful speech, as he had been off-and-on for most of the trip. Whether or not he spoke directly with Alphonse was completely on a whim. Most of the time, he just kind of expected the man to chime in whenever he felt like it.

The light rain that had persisted through the day became much heavier as evening progressed, which was making it difficult to travel at a good, safe pace. Luckily, the halfling was able to spot the walls in the distances thanks to the torches in the watchtowers along the gate.

"Ah! Good! Looks like we're just about there, Al! Gods, it's about time, I could use a warm hearth and a good drink." As they drew close, however, the gates looked to be closed. Kin spat out a curse under his breath. "Looks like we were too late, the town is already holed up for the night. Guess we better set up-"

"Open the gate!" Kin heard echo from above, with the gates creaking open soon after and a guardswoman approached.

"Moradin's right arm, you've good timing, woman! Need a place to stay the night. Oh, and we're also here about the Halsen incident. We'll need to speak with Chief Kreed. Or Lord. Or whatever he goes by. Thuldrin Kreed. That one." Kin speaks bluntly, eager to get inside and find someplace dry and warm.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Throndir

Alphonse:

"Well what ever he's like you should be nice to him. He did help the man. I mean Mr. Kreed could have just said tough luck and dismissed the survivor." I sigh and look to you. "However. I'm not so interested in aiding the survivor unless there helpful. I do have my doubts about there innocence. But then again I just want to figure out what caused the death toll." I smirk and look down at the ground. "This will be interesting I must say."

I realize you've spotted the walls as well by seeing the glimmer in your  eyes. And to be honoust I didn't care where I was. If I was wet, dry, cold, hot. But I knew you weren't liking the cold rain.

"Heh I guess you could have a drink but I'll be looking around." I heard you curse under your breath but to be honest I didn't mind it. "Well I guess we'll have to find another way insi-" I watch the door slowly open and I shrug. "That works as well." I just watch the woman and wonder since she looks suspicious to me.

My eye twitches when you say all of that in such a rude fashion. I then elbow your stomach and glare at you. "Manners Kin. Be lucky she's even letting us in." I roll my eyes and look back to the guardswoman and say in a polite tone. "What my friend 'MEANT' to say was, thank you for opening the gate. And if it is possible would you mind showing us somewhere we could stay the night. And yes we are here to help with the incident."

Linwelin

Kin takes the elbow to the gut, returning a cold glare. "Manners, my arse. I'm cold, and my cloaks are being soaked through at this point. It's better than the usual turn of events where I get caught on fire, but it's not exactly comfortable!" He ends his short rant with a 'hmph'. The halfling then looks to the woman expectantly.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Throndir

Alphonse:

"Shut up and deal with it you big baby. You can't always rely on other people." I flick your nose. "Now be grateful for what you have. I mean at least your not naked heaven's sake." I stomp on your foot and smirk. "And manners get you farther than rudeness ever could."

Linwelin

At this point Kin was getting irked. "'Manners get you farther than rudeness ever could'? Aren't you the saint! Well, I prefer honesty over pretty talk, and I 'honestly' don't give a rats arse about what you think of my behavior. What I DO care about is that you keep hitting me. Your actions are more honest than your tongue, boy, and they're telling me you're worse than you accuse me to be. Watch yourself, I'm not looking to cause trouble for the lady here, but I'll put your face in the dirt if you continue disrespecting me." Kin heaves a deep breath. "Kids these days. Just cause you got a bit of height on me don't mean squat."

"What matters to me is I'm true to my word, no matter what I say. And what I say is we're going to help, and we're going to get separate rooms when we get inside."
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

Alphonse:

"Heh the thing with the truth is that if you use it the wrong way, or if you say to much you'll have people hating the living sassafras out of you. Hehehehe I just noticed something.....Your a Tsundere." I smile and look forward at the gate. "And I'm no saint. I just like to keep things short and clean. Pretty talk also helps people like you. I don't care for rudeness myself, but it's your opinion. ALSO. Where I come from respect is not given. It is earned."

Throndir

There was a cough. It came from the guardswoman who continued watching the both of you with a slight frown to her face.

"Ahem." She said out-loud, noting carefully to stress the word to get both of their attention. "As much as I'd love to see a cute couple argue, I would very much prefer if we could move along."

She motioned with one of her hands pointing to the gate, and soon enough the contraption started to close again.

"Normally we wouldn't open the doors this late in the day. These eastern lands aren't the safest after all. As I'm sure you've already heard, the massacre at Halsen has some-what relaxed those rules. And we're specifically looking for guilded travelers such as yourselves." She explained.

"You can find lodging at the 'Broken Axe Inn'. Food and ale too if you need something to warm you up. It's not too far away from here. Just three buildings inwards, and you should see the sign to your right. Once you're done your business there, I would recommend heading to the Town Hall before the day is done. Thuldrin Kreed, even though is the owner of the town, is perhaps one of the most hated people in it, and is already looking for anyone willing to help. Even if he's hated, he at least manages the town well enough."

Linwelin

Kin can't help looking embarrassed. It hasn't been since his he last talked with Lyolf that he'd let someone get under his skin like this. Of course, Al was nowhere near as maddening as that elf, but it was comparable. "Right." The halfling clear his throat. "But it is already quite late, I didn't think that lords stayed up and held audiences at this time. I think that waiting until the morning would be best. Though I guess this is a bit of an emergency." Kin looks toward the guardswoman, "But yes, an inn sounds good. We'll set ourselves up there."

Kin begins heading into the town, eager to dry off and actually get down to business. While passing by, "So what makes Lord Kreed so hated,...huh, I guess we still don't know your name. I'm Kin Sheel, and that one's Alphonse." He points his thumb back toward his partner.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

The guardswoman shrugged.

"Lieutenant Haimes. Stationed at the edge of the kingdom for the fact at this logging business seem to be important for the kingdom." The woman responded automatically as she introduced herself. "And why Kreed is hated with the rest of the community? Well, he's a little too driven on what he does. He cares little of what the rest of the town think, as long as he earns his money. He hasn't done anything illegal to spur the guards, though it doesn't take much to realize all he cares for is his position and wealth. When the lumber business of Halsen proved to be profitable, Kreed had quickly taken the opportunity to seize control of the operation, settle this town and two others, while bringing with him a couple hundred contracted workers and their families to live here and the three other surrounding villages: Halsen, Raven's Point, and Wendon."

"The survivor of the attack on Halsen is being kept at our town's infirmary, though it should be better to let Kreed know before you talk to him. The infirmary can be found just beside the townhall."