[Open] A Citizen's Plea

Started by Throndir, May 28, 2016, 08:35:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

It was a regular day at the guild hall, with guild members going through the mission board, while still others sat around the tables enjoying drinks and chatting to themselves. All of a sudden there was a quick rasping on the door, a successive set of knocking that continued in set intervals. Shortly after that a voice was heard from the other side.

"Please please!" It called out from the other side of the large guild hall doors. "I need help!" With that another set of quick knocking as you heard whoever it was outside try to force open the doors. Of course you knew that wouldn't work, the doors were magically sealed and only opened for guild members.

"Someone please help me! It's a matter of deep importance!"

[info]Open to anyone. This is -almost- a freeform RP. But decided to put it here instead.[/info]

Lance

Once more, no kingdoms burned, no princesses needed saving, and no megalomaniac moved to conquer the world. The world was at peace. Thus, celebrations ran amok through the streets and laughter filled the air. All were filled with great cheer of the current state of affairs... that is, all except the adventurers. After all, without people to save or Great Lords of Darkness to defeat, the common adventurer was out of a job.

Even in Galas'nor, one particular elven magus lazed quietly at his customary location in the guild hall, a raven perched silently atop his shoulder. True, he still had his weapon-craft to fall back on so he still had plenty of ways to both amuse himself and simultaneously make a stable income. He had even begun experimenting on enchanting his own hand-crafted works, particularly in the field of animation. There was plenty to do for the young gifted magi, yet no matter what he tried and later accomplished, something clearly felt lacking.

Lyolf sighed as he placed down his copy of Drinking & Driving: A Guide On How To Multi-Task, discontentment clear on features. The book seemed fairly promising at first and even had a great number of fanatical supporters raving about the wonders of "D&D." However, perhaps it was because of his current mood, but he could no longer engross himself fully into such "wonders."

He dearly wished something, anything, would break him from his reverie, give him something exciting to do, and grant him an opportunity to break out of this endless cycle of apathy.

And as if to answer his wishes... with a loud bang, continuous knocking, and some yelling coming from the other side of the guild doors, one such opportunity had finally presented itself.

[spoiler=There was only one thing left to do!    ]
"Knock knock, who's there?"
[/spoiler]
"A wish? Okay, genie, make me a ham sandwich."

Throndir

Lance

Throndir

"Bless you!"

There was a pause, but then the loud banging and knocking came again.

"Open the door!"

Lance

"Why, thank you."

With a gleeful smile, the elf did as was requested, eager to hear what the man/woman (he could hardly tell the gender by voice alone) had to say.

Throndir

It was a man. If you had to guess he was in his early twenties. He had an eager look on his face, and he immediately rushed in attempting to grab Lyolf.

[info]Lyolf to roll reflex to avoid[/info]

"Someone please train me!" The man called out, begging the guild.

Lance

[spoiler=Reflex]
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+14 : 9 + 14, total 23[/blockquote]
[/spoiler]

Throndir

Lyolf
You easily step out of the way of the ranting man.

Lance

"Someone!" Lyolf called out to the assembled guild members in the hall, inadvertently side-stepping Mr. Knock-Knock. "Is Someone here? Mr. Knock-Knock needs you to train him!"

The elven magus looked expectantly at his fellows, before curving his lips into a slight frown.

"Odd though... I don't recall of ever hearing anyone here go by the name of 'Someone'"

Lance

"..huh, someone?"

"Is, someone really not here?" With a shrug, the elven magus turned back to the guild's latest guest with a smile as big as his heart. "Unfortunately, someone isn't here."

"Now shoo."