[Shadowrun] Chapter 1 - An Unexpected Request

Started by Oath, January 18, 2016, 01:35:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oath

Machiavelli watched the two argue, stifling chuckles at times. It seemed unwise to be at odds with the people you were working with in this line of work so he elected to take neither side and observe instead. "Now, now, my friends. There's no reason to fight among each other when there are plenty of others that would like to fight with us to begin with. At the very least, save it for after the job." The two seemed to have already stopped their argument but during the time that they were fighting. Machiavelli had been vigilant, he had no idea who or what he was looking for but a few minutes after the fighting subsided, he noticed a small (for an ork) figure approaching, dressed casually in a hooded sweatshirt, tusks poking out of the hood. His eyes were full of caution as he walked across the lot, looking every which way, clearly afraid.. or paranoid. He finally made it to El Diablo, and knocked on the window with a single knuckle.

pringerbeam

Roland cracked the window.  "Hello sir, lovely evening for a walk isn't it?"  Roland looked over the orc for any obvious weapons.

Perception roll to inspect the orc
[blockquote]Rolled 6d6 : 5, 3, 3, 3, 1, 5, total 20[/blockquote]

Oath

The Ork seemed to be carrying a knife, though it looked like it was for protection rather than aggression.

"Y-y-y-y-you're the ones Shinji sent right?" He continued to look around the lot nervously, but seemed to be nonthreatening himself.

Mysticsage

"We're the transport team," yeah Zephyr said a little more gruffly then he would have liked "Taku here is our liaison if you would like some evidence I'm sure he could show you his tattoos if you need more conformation. Though I imagine this guy's car and chrome might be proof enough if you were given a basic description." Zephyr softened as he saw the uneasiness on the man's face. he squeezed Sparky's shoulder hard however in the process to signify to be careful and that he was aware of the danger of talking. "So why don't you take a deep breath for a moment collect ourselves and tell us the next step. You have proof of collection rights and want us to hand it off to you now? Or do we need to go somewhere to make the drop. We're at your call and this guy here he tapped spaky is the one who makes what needs to happen happen. I'm just here to ensure safety of the package and that he doesn't bite anyone's head off." He smiled warmly hoping to get the kid to relax

Better to put this kid at ease so that the goods could be delivered without any unneeded hassle. But blind drops like this always held the risk of problems upon delivery. Since you often were not told who to expect their could be all kind of opportunity for double crosses or interference from outside players. He figured that sparky was as aware of the risk as he was so he would let him make the call on how to proceed but it was better to start things off as casually as possible there was no telling who might have an ichy trigger finger in the shadows. Because of their argument Zephyr did not have the opportunity to check the scene out with his astral sense to do so now would alert any hidden mage to his existence which might cause a problem so he would trust Sparky's reflex's and sense of self preservation even if he at the moment found his personality distasteful.

[info]
Etiquette check to calm the kid
[blockquote]Rolled 9d6 : 3, 4, 4, 4, 5, 3, 4, 4, 6, total 37[/blockquote]
[/info]

Oath

The Ork continued to look nervous, not in the dangerous sense, but more of just a generally paranoid fellow.

H-h-h-ere is fine. Just don't want to linger too long. Never know who is lurking.. C-c-c-ar is enough proof that you are with Shinji.. N-not many models like this one y-y-you know."He reached into his sweatshirt and pulled out a credstick that he flashed towards Roland. T-the payment. For Shinji He flashed a brief smile, but still looked a bit spooked.

pringerbeam

Roland rolled down the window to take the credstick.  "Well that's the first half of business."  He looked around to see if anyone else was nearby.  He scratched his back to keep his hand near his gun. with his right hand and reached down to the package between his feet with his left.  Roland yawned as he pulled the package out and held it out for the ork.  "Awwwww, sorry about all that, been a long night.  How about you?  Burning the midnight oil?"

Moar perception
This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 6d6 : 6, 2, 1, 1, 3, 1, total 14

[info]Edit:  Herped and derped and forgot that I already had the package[/info]

Oath

As Roland looked around he didn't notice anything about the Ork, and there didn't seem to be too many people around, but something did catch his eye. An array of shipping crates that were set up in an array that would be the perfect challenge for El Diablo and Roland's driving skill.

The Ork looks grateful as the package enters his grasp. "T-thank you sirs! I don't wanna stick around. City is too dangerous at night, but I am thankful. Tell Shinji I look forward to continuing our business relationship." Before you could say much of anything, the Ork vanished into the night, nowhere to be seen.

[info] Roland sees something that looks absolutely thrilling! Thrill seeking test please. Also Ork guy has his package, Mission complete![/info]

pringerbeam

Composure test
[blockquote]Rolled 6d6 : 3, 5, 3, 4, 6, 5, total 26[/blockquote]

pringerbeam

Roland's eye is caught by an abandoned car trailer that looked like it would make a sweet ramp and he considers for a moment jumping the car over it.  Heh, sure would be a sweet jump... Wait, no, don't want to fuck the shocks before a job...  Roland bugged his eyes and shook his head.  His mind must have started wandering from fatigue.  "Man it's getting late."  He looks around for the ork but failing to see him just shrugs his shoulders.  "So, good times all around and the job went off without a hitch.  Just need to report to Shinji now.  Need me to drop you off anywhere on the way Mac?  Mr Green?"

Mysticsage

Zephyr got out of the car then as Sparky asked his question, that the job was completed,and he was free to leave without worry "I'm leaving, Mac has my number and I have his if something pops up. Since this job had no payment for me I have no need to meet with Shinji at the moment. You all have a good night" he called coldly back with a non committal wave as his hands began to glow and the air in the space began to move and twist.

[info]Attempt to summon force 6 owl spirit (i'm gonna do all parts of the role here to make it simple)
optimal powers concealment & guard

Summoning vs owls force
Rolled 11d6 : 4, 1, 5, 1, 3, 4, 3, 1, 5, 6, 1, total 34
vs
Rolled 6d6 : 2, 4, 5, 2, 1, 5, total 19

[/info]

[info]Drain 2
Rolled 9d6 : 1, 2, 6, 4, 4, 1, 3, 3, 5, total 29
[/info]

edit: They changed drain rules and made it much less punishing

Mysticsage

[info]One service of my giant ass owl

Command: conceal yourself and transport me to the paper lantern
using mental link to give location ect
strength is equal to 8
actuak post to come [/info]

Mysticsage

The wind kicked up then causing Zephyr's pony-tail and trench coat to whip out behind him wildly as a giant monster of a horned owl with a wing span larger then El Derado materialized a few feet in the air above. As it landed five or ten feat into the open lot the buffets from its wings would feel like storm gusts as they rocked the others. It quirked it's head curiously looking at the one who called it. "Hello there buddy, thank you for coming" Zephyr said softly only coming up to the lower part of his chest the large owl nuzzled his hand as he strokes some stray feathers. he was trying his best to keep his emotions from seeping over his own mental connection with the spirit.

"Let's go," he said and the bird encircled him in its giant wings like a young before they both seemed to dissolve out of existence and only a final gust of wind was a signal of the pairs departure as they both event of invisible in the night. Feeling the wind soar past him was one of his favorite feelings. It made him feel like any problems he had just were not as important as he thought on the ground. Holding close to the giant owl's back he let himself relax in the warmth of its down aas he set his destination mentally to the roof top of the paper lantern

pringerbeam

Roland peered out the window and watched the display until Zephyr had flown away. "Huh, quite the drama queen there.  Hey Mac  where did you pick the pretty princess up?"  He put the car in gear and began driving back to Shinji's.  "I mean, I know you know a lot of guys and all but seriously where does this dude come from and why is it that when you were picking someone to help him out on his little murder mystery evening party you picked me of all people?  I don't trust him and I dunno if the favor I owe you is worth getting killed for him over.  Also, him asking Chopstick here along makes me wonder if he is just looking for some chumps to take a bullet intended for him...  Too much not said by that guy."

InhumanRonin

[info]Most of this post is just going to be me monologuing on the events since my last post since I have been not posting here (sorry guys) [/info]

"Well this has been quite an interesting night after all. Here I thought this would be just a quick milk run instead I end up playing 20 questions, learning about these people thought Shinji paired me up with, and got to watch someone that wasnt me for once get provoked. Though it is good to know that even someone like Zeph had some secret to hide given the fact that he came off as a fairly composed person. I will have to at some point work my way into finding out a little more about that with out going over board last thing I want is a pissed off magic user gunning for me.

It has also dawned on me that surprisingly it seems Roland might have taken some sort of liking to me or at least has my back which is more then I can ask for. It was also nice to see him poke and prod at someone else's buttons for once instead of me. All the stuff Roland and myself talked about I would have to think about and consider since I am going to be on this path with the Yakuza. Its also good to know that El Diablo as he so calls it has withstood a lot of punishment because it seems we might be riding together a while if thing keeps up the way today has been.

Thankfully the delivery went off with 0 trouble outside of the events that transpired before hand. Seemed like we might have just delivered a junkies next fix but its whatever I dont want to know what was really in the package. The less I know the better probably on this matter.

Takumi speaks up after the events of the evening and seeing Zeph ride off on a owl "Well uh that was something. You sure seemed to get under his skin but I cant blame him since its something he has been trying to keep secret. As for where to drop me off Shinji's will be fine I have to grab my motorcycle and attend to some business before it gets much later.
Famous last words- DONT WORRY GUYS I GOT THIS!

GG - Henon     

pringerbeam

Roalnd eyed Takumi through the rear-view mirror.  "About that...  You sure you want in on this job?  Hunting blood magi is big time business and I was serious about the statistics.  Most newbies die on their first job because if you try to shadowrun before you can shadowwalk you wind up shadowdevilratchow.  That bit I said earlier about you needing an edge is for real.  I don't know much about blood mages but from what I hear they won't hesitate to kill and that means you got to be able to do the same.  Keep that in mind next time we wind up scrappin' it out, even if it's just another bunch of junkies.  You don't want your grave stone to read 'Died like a bitch to a strung out punk with more luck than sense.'  So I'm gonna ask you again.  You sure you want in on this?"