International Codex of Laws

Started by Emperor Wilbers, December 04, 2012, 05:38:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emperor Wilbers

This rule book will be constantly changing until we can find a rule set that we like. I will first start off with the posts. There are 2 types of posts (basically the same as any other RPG): Action posts, and Free posts (Couldn't think of something clever  :-\).

Action Posts: The game is not done in "rounds." It is much simpler. To post an action post (sending troops, launching a rocket into space, increasing funds in some part of the government, etc.) all one must do is just post it, but, you can't post two APs in a row. You must wait for another person to post. That is all for that.

Free Posts: These kinds of posts can be posted whenever you want, as much as you want. These posts consist of Declaring war, signing a treaty, issuing a public statement, etc. Simple as that.

The game will start out at the start of 2013. This will most likely be the most changed part of the rules. A day in real life will be two days in the game, for now. That doesn't seem like much, but with today's communication technology and, well, technology in general countries can do a ton of stuff in a single day. Plus, I don't want us to get too fast at the start since right now the forums seem to be at a lull (Early December).

Military
This is a harder area to act out in the game. There are several aspects that will be played when it comes to military. I don't want it to go FULLY into detail and realism, but I still want it to be realistic. I'll go over DEFCON levels first.

DEFCON Levels
At any time, as a free action, you may change your DEFCON level. A DEFCON Level is basically a scale used in response to certain situations. For example, in the Cuban Missile Crisis in the 60s the DEFCON Level would have been 1 or 2 (not sure exactly what it really was though). There are 5 levels, 5 for times with no threats, and 1 being a time when there is a national crisis that threatens the lives and security of Americans. It's very simple, really. In the game I will use this scale in order for a nation to be better protected from outside attacks, be it sabotage by spies or nuclear missiles. Each level will give the nation a certain bonus to defense and security, as well as certain negative things. The following is a list of effects given to you by each DEFCON level:

DEFCON 1: +2 Defense, -2 Happiness (riots, anarchy, etc. (-2 to Happiness means that in rolls pertaining to citizen unrest and happiness/unhappiness you will get a -2 modifier)
DEFCON 2: +1 Defense, -1 Happiness
DEFCON 3: 0 (no modifiers)
DEFCON 4: -1 Defense, +1 Happiness
DEFCON 5: -2 Defense, +2 Happiness

Military Attacks
Military attacks will be simple. The first thing to a military attack is deployment. Since this is new I don't want to go into all the unit deployment things and stuff like that. It would be overly complicated. We must just assume that your units are already stationed around the world and that you can attack a given area with any number of units, provided you have them of course. For attacks I will consider the odds of the match. Whoever has the advantage, depending on the situation and disposition of the advantage, they will get a bonus in the attack roll. Whoever comes on top with the highest number successfully wins the battle. Losses are a more difficult thing to do. This is not fully developed yet, but for now the losses will be dependent on how close or far apart the results of the rolls are. If they are the same no one wins and the bloody stalemate results in heavy deaths for both sides. If they are, say 2 apart, the winner higher will have won, but it will not be considered a decisive victory and you will still have encountered many losses. If they are 5 or 6 apart then there the fatalities will be more one sided.