Prologue: Green Sky

Started by Eireleen, November 08, 2012, 09:58:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linwelin

Uthaal put his hand on her shoulder gently to steady her, as well as himself. "That...was Hesp's presence...and I believe he did something good. Before I confirm anything, I feel like we should explore the shack. There's something...different about the area. Besides the grave being gone."

The grave is gone, and Argent seems calmed by something...Either Miervaldis was welcomed to Hesp's side, or...no, it's best not to get my own hopes up...but if he were, then he would be in the shack. I must see for myself.

Uthaal started walking to the shack, still curious and wary of what just happened.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Throndir

Moving to the shack, Uthaal steps over the various leaves, twigs, and other forest floor shrubbery in hopes to find out what or where they really were. The shack before the duo was just as it appeared before the strange shift where morning had turned to night, and where dryness replaced the rain and soaked grounds. The walls, the shabby roofing, and the door was just how it looked to be, but yet, something felt different.

Walking with purpose, there wasn't anything else that would have sounded alarm, even in the dim moonlit night, the place was not a foreboding one. Rather, a peaceful glow seemed to have settled upon the area. Uthaal still felt the warm presence known to every druid.

Eireleen

Argent followed Uthaal into the shack, not knowing what to expect. She really had no idea what was going on, so she merely followed her new friend. He at least seemed to have some idea of what was happening. With a confused look, she glanced around the interior of the hut, looking for any change or distinction. "...It looks the same as before..." She noted, looking back to the druid. It certainly felt different. But she didn't know why she would feel the way she was, right now. She had only possessed emotions for little more than a year, and she had yet to truly master them.

Linwelin

"I'm not sure if I'm right...but I believe Hesp has brought Miervaldis to his side, which is an honor for a druid." Uthaal turned and smiled at Argent. "Miervaldis is resting peacefully. That is why this place has become so serene. Hesp has touched this land, and now it is hallowed."

Uthaal closed his eyes and took a deep breath, still smiling a soft, peaceful smile. "It has been years since I felt this presence, but there is no way I can forget it...some day, this may become the home of many druids for worship. But for now, we should let it sit without interference." He turns to Argent again, "Is there anything you would like to keep with you from here? So you'll always remember it? I know this place means a lot to you."

This girl is certainly dear to Hesp. He then turns his thoughts to prayer. Do not worry, Serpentstaff, I will keep my eye on her and make sure she learns of the world. Without a doubt, she will teach me much as well, in her own way.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Eireleen

Argent didn't fully understand. But she understood that somehow, Miervaldis was content. Even if it had happened after his death, maybe, in the end, he had found true peace.

She looked around slowly. An object...? Miervaldis had many objects. But she had never had any possessions of her own. There were books strewn about, but she couldn't read. Herbs and oils were shelved, but they were of little importance. She thought, long and hard about the things they shared. But in the end, none of it mattered.

She shook her head. "Nothing." She told Uthaal quietly. "Things...were never important. The memories are enough."

Linwelin

Uthaal smiled back at Argent and nodded understandingly. But something about the shack still felt strange, like it was calling. He continued to wander the house, looking at all the objects strewn about, seeing how the old man had lived. He never could keep things tidy, this is just like him. He examined the herbs and oils to see what was being worked on, perhaps something useful. Likewise, he picked up a book to see what old Miervaldis had been reading, what he had been thinking, before passing. Or at least he tried to, as his hand slipped right through the book. "Gah!" He jumped back surprised, then tried again. "Argent, I think I assumed wrong...it doesn't change the result, but I don't think we're in normal time and space...this may be a vision! Look!" He waved his hand right through the book when she was looking.

Knowing now that there had to be something he needed to see here, Uthaal continued to wander the house, seeing all there was, small it may be. In the end, he ended up in the bedroom, which was quaint, but seemed cozy and welcoming. He stepped in to see what else might be laying about.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

Standing in the shack, there were books, herbs, oils, plants, placed on the various tables and shelves of the cabin. The herbs and oils Miervaldis worked with were varied and had many different purposes. Most were salves meant for natural healing, or ointments to treat skin rashes. Uthaal recognized even some of the herbs meant to treat illnesses. Alone in the forest the old man still kept himself busy with many things, like any druid. You saw the door leading towards the small make-shift bedroom of the two-room shack. Even the small tables near it had various items.

Though it felt peaceful, things were definitely strange. The book Uthaal had tried to pick up earlier had become ethereal, or was it he himself who was?

As Uthaal entered the room, there was a still silence. He had seen something.

Linwelin

Uthaal stood breathless. What in the...well, this is the most intense vision I've ever experienced...it is a vision, right? Before continuing in, he stepped out to grab Argent.

He put his hand on her shoulder, "Now, before you walk into the room over there, I want you to remember that we are in some sort of vision or separate plane. What you see in there is going to shock you. I would say it, but I think it is best to see for yourself." With that, he walked with her, leading her to the bedroom so she can see.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Eireleen

Argent blinked, not sure how to take Uthaal's words. She didn't know what a 'plane' was, and she had certainly never had a vision. Hesitantly, she reached her arm out to one of the shelves, only to pass through it. It frightened her, visibly. She had never experienced anything like this.

She moved a bit closer to Uthaal. He was the only person she could touch. But he...directed her to a different room. Unsure of what to expect, she let herself be guided to whatever he had in store.

Throndir

Venturing into the room, it felt as if time had stopped. There was a stillness in the air that pervaded the duo's thoughts and feelings. Everything was how it once was. To the books misplaced and strewn across the shack. To the various liquids, oils, and ointments in their own jars and cases. To the plants and herbs growing in small pots that Miervaldis kept. But what they didn't expect, was the sight that beheld them as they entered the bedroom. Two figures asleep, each in their own beds. One, an old man who slept peacefully, and a girl on a makeshift low lying mattress not a few feet away. That girl had silver hair, and a familiar set of ears that matched. It was Argent.

Linwelin

Uthaal keeps a hand on her shoulder, gripping slightly to support Argent. I know she's much more shaken then I could ever be over this, I have to keep her from losing it, and realize how great an opportunity this is...we both could see Miervaldis again... He continued to stare into the room with her, following her lead this time, staying silent as to not distract her.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Eireleen

It wasn't often that Argent saw herself. Miervaldis didn't own a mirror. The only time she had seen her reflection was on the surface of a nearby lake, and even then, it took her a while to figure out what it really was.

But this was different. It wasn't her reflection. She was standing up, so if there were a mirror here, her reflection would be standing up as well. Slowly, she moved to her image, hesitantly reaching out to it. But of course, her hand passed through it. She pulled it back, her apprehension conflicting with the calm stillness that filled the air. It was almost as though there was a voice whispering in her ear that everything would be okay.

She looked over to the other bed. She already knew who was laying there. Slowly, she walked over, looking to see his face. She wasn't sure if she even could, but she didn't want to disturb him. For someone who was as old as he was, sleep was very important. But even so...she wanted more than anything else to see him again.

Linwelin

Uthaal walks up next to her. "Peaceful, isn't it?" he says as he looks down at the old man sleep. So this is how Miervaldis lived...but what is the purpose behind this vision? Is it just to bring us peace? Or is there something else Hesp is trying to tell us?

"Maybe there is some way to wake them up..." Uthaal offered. "Perhaps talking to him in his sleep?" At this point, it was all guess work. Uthaal had no idea what to do, only hoping that some good could come out of it.

He started wandering the room at this point, feeling as though the wolf-girl needed her space. She'll ask if there is anything that troubles her, right?
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Eireleen

Argent wasn't sure of what to do. She didn't really understand what was going on. She saw Miervaldis right in front of her...and she saw herself right in front of her...and on some level, she understood that none of this was "real". But she still couldn't quite grasp it all. It was like her world had turned upside-down.

All she could do was follow Uthaal's suggestion. She had spent almost five minutes just staring at the old man's face. It looked just like she remembered it. "...Father?" She asked in a small voice, beside his bed. She couldn't bring herself to speak any louder than that. The world felt so fragile that she was afraid the sound itself would cause everything to collapse.

Throndir

As what was expected the old man did not respond, nor did he show any sign of Argent's presence. The state of being of the two companions was indeed a strange one. Save for the ground, and each other, they were not able to touch or affect anything else. It was as if they were ghosts or apparitions. It was then that the soft and almost warm feeling that surrounded the area became even stronger. Accompanying it was a voice.

"My children." The voice simply said. It was a warm and reverberant voice. Though it sounded as if the speaker was someone old or ancient, there was a deep strength hidden behind the sound. It reminded you of the vastness of the forests, the rolling heights of hills and mountains, and of the simple power of nature.

"Do not be alarmed or afraid. A being has trespassed against us." As if in response, and as if to show the two what his words meant, the warm feeling started dissipating. It wasn't immediate at first, rather, it felt as if the sense of support and strength started slowly ebbing away. The pace and speed gradually grew stronger and faster, and within a few more moments the presence was gone.

Miervaldis still slept as well as the other Argent who was fast asleep. Everything looked the same. But yet, like before, something was different. The light joyful feeling that had saturated the room was gone; the presence of Hesp was but a faint whisper.

[spoiler]Requesting a Wisdom check.[/spoiler]