Solo RP - Talmite Tegura

Started by Throndir, April 28, 2012, 03:19:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

Talmtie Live RP

NPCs: Throndir, Lance
Talmite: Kazamatta

You saw the village in the distance. It was the village of Darkroot, populated by orcs, half-orcs, and humans. You knew from your history and what you know of the place, that it was a so-called ?social experiment?, designed to test and see if any semblance of a civilization can be created from the harsh Swamps of Orcen, filled with those leathery skin creatures. You knew that the citizens of the village were all at least tolerable folk, but you still held your guard as you finally made it to the city.

You looked towards the others who were traveling with you; Jurn the gnome and engineer, Aryth a rare half-Nymph, and Kulik, the leader of the band. It was a unique group for the Silver Arms, but it was a group that you had come to trust. Perhaps even Jurn, who, annoying at first, eventually became someone reliable (at times).

Kulik Theboras: There it is. Our destination, Darkroot. Prepare to settle in, we?ll be here for?

Kulik pulled out a knife and eyed his companions.

Kulik Theboras: ...some weeks I?d imagine.

Aryth Elearis: Don?t go about causing chaos and we?re supposed to be helping.

Kulik Theboras: I do hope we get to see some action here though?

Jurn Gabbengulp: The other wizard and I already have a hard time making sure you don't go about finding too much attention.

Jurn said, ?the other wizard? referring to you; a nickname he had given. The gnome laughed as Kulik just shrugged. But nothing more was said as the group made its way towards the village. Immediately they were greeted by what looked to be an Orc Chieftan. At this, Aryth steps to the front. Even though Kulik was the highest ranked Silver Arms member of the group, as well as the leader when it came to combat and fighting, the man usually didn?t bother much with talking to others. It had almost became a routine for them, Aryth would usually be the one to talk. For the most part, this usually would be the best course of action, being half-Nymph, Aryth always had a way about convincing others or at least getting others to relax and accept their group more easily.

Unfortunately however, this time, it didn?t quite work. The orc chieftan, though he stared for a moment longer, continued on.

Talmite Tegura: Yea plus I'm not trying to get in any trouble I have spent to much time following a good path to turn away now so put away the knife and act normal.

Kulik Theboras: (Sheathes his knife)
Kulik Theboras: A time and place for everything, I suppose.
Kulik Theboras: Let's carry on

Jurn laughs. While Aryth smiles warmly.

Kulik Theboras: (ahem)

The orc chieftan made his way towards the group.

Toraarsh?Dorrm: I am Toraash?Dorrm, the reeve of Blackroot. The Silver Arms have told me to expect you. But we?ve no inn, and no tavern. If you plan to stay here long, then I suggest you build your own lodging or convince one of the village folk to let you stay.

Talmite Tegura: Smiles and says, "Please do."

The orc looked carefully at the group.

Toraarsh?Dorrm: Do you have any questions before I take my leave?

Aryth looked towards Kulik, though Kulik didn?t really pay attention. She then turned towards Jurn, eliciting a response.

Jurn Gabbengulp: How many roots do you have? Not any kind of root, but the special roots that combust easily. You see, I have this experiment-

Toraarsh?Dorrm: We?re called Darkroot for a reason.

You can tell Jurn was about to speak again, but a sharp glance from Aryth quieted him. She then turned towards you.

Aryth Elearis: Anything you think we need to know Tal?

The gnome grumbles. Though he keeps silent. You can tell he was thinking about those 'roots'.

Talmite Tegura: Yes. Where is the closet place on the edge of town to build a lodging at? I been on my own for a while now and need to get use to being around civilization again.

The orc stares at you strangely. An dshrugged as if the question did not matter to him.

Toraarsh?Dorrm: Anywhere you find in the village.
Toraarsh?Dorrm: But know that we have no inn, and nor do I think others would willing let strangers stay with them.

The orc nods as he moves on his way back towards the village.

You see the reeve of Darkroot nod as he leaves your group and makes his way back towards a large hut you see in the distance.

Kulik Theboras: Well, it looks like we're to find our own ?lodging?. Though, where, might be a different story altogether.

Jurn Gabbengulp: Well as long as they have roots.

Kulik Theboras: Dear gnome, this place is called Darkroot.

Kulik responded dryly and Aryth chuckled in response.

Aryth Elearis: Not to mention we're in the middle of a swamp.
Jurn Gabbengulp: Y-Yes but, it's a special type of root!

You hear Kulik cough, while Aryth smiles widely.

Aryth Elearis: I'm sure it is, but we've yet to find lodging first, and I'm sure we'll have more than enough time to get used to these surroundings. For me I'd prefer the lushness of my home forests. But even though the plant-life here are a bit more wild, I'm sure we can make our home here.

Kulik Theboras: Indeed. For me I prefer the bustle of the city. Something like this doesn't really suite my needs. But... I'm sure it'll be so very wonderful living in swamplands such as these.

Jurn Gabbengulp: I just want to find roots!

Both Aryth and Kulik eyed the gnome curiously, but chose better than to respond to his statement.

Kulik Theboras: Regardless of anything else though, the pretty lass is right, we do need to find a place to stay. We've already reached what looks to be the center of the village. Let's split paths and look around. See if anyone's willing to give us lodging, or perhaps see if there are any abandoned homes we can make use of. Everyone agree with the plan?

You see Jurn nod. Aryth smiles and nods right after. Kulik then turns towards you.

28/04/2012 10:05:58 * Kulik Theboras quit (timeout)
28/04/2012 10:06:33 * Toraarsh?Dorrm quit (timeout)
28/04/2012 10:07:07?-? (OOC: I think he dced.)
28/04/2012 10:07:56?(Observer)Hasabushi? (looks like it)
28/04/2012 10:08:18?(Observer)Hasabushi? (Is this taking place during the current events in SA or before?)
28/04/2012 10:08:21?Kulik Theboras? (Shall I hunt him down?)
28/04/2012 10:08:21?-? (Just when I got to the free-run part~)
28/04/2012 10:08:48?(Observer)Hasabushi? (lol)
28/04/2012 10:08:51?Aryth Elearis? (Aryth frowns) You shouldn't hunt down y our companions.
28/04/2012 10:09:05?Jurn Gabbengulp? You should burn them instead!
28/04/2012 10:09:06?Kulik Theboras? (shrugs)
28/04/2012 10:09:17?(Observer)Hasabushi? (LOL)
28/04/2012 10:09:18?-? At that Aryth looked at the gnome in dismay.
28/04/2012 10:09:24?Aryth Elearis? Not you too. D:
28/04/2012 10:09:59?-? (lol Now what? Dunno if we should just wait here.)
28/04/2012 10:10:07 * Talmite Tegura joins General
28/04/2012 10:10:22?-? (Welcome back! How much of it were you able to read?)
28/04/2012 10:10:24?(Observer)Hasabushi? (wb)
28/04/2012 10:10:44?Kulik Theboras? (bows in greetings)
28/04/2012 10:10:55?Talmite Tegura? (Sorry bout that my comp went a little crazy on me)

Talmite Tegura: Tells the gnome darkroot=special roots

Jurn Gabbengulp: No no no. The speical roots I'm looking for are special.
Jurn Gabbengulp: They combust very easily.
Jurn Gabbengulp: It's for a potion...

The others shrug.

Kulik Theboras: Regardless of anything else though, the pretty lass is right, we do need to find a place to stay. We've already reached what looks to be the center of the village. Let's split paths and look around. See if anyone's willing to give us lodging, or perhaps see if there are any abandoned homes we can make use of. Everyone agree with the plan?

You see Jurn nod. Aryth smiles and nods right after. Kulik then turns towards you.

Kulik Theboras: And what have YOU to say about this course of action, recruit?

Talmite Tegura: I nod and say ill head south

Kulik Theboras: That settles it then. We'll meet back here at the center. I have some... business to attend to here first though.

You notice Aryth and Jurn look to his direction but shrug as they both make their own ways through the village. Kulik always had a habit of going off on his own, though, he was suspicious at first, the group eventually learned to trust in his decisions.

Jurn Gabbengulp: Looks like we look around the place. Looking around the place is exactly what we should do! Hopefully there's some roots...

You see Jurn head north, taking the northern path. Aryth heads eastwards. While Kulik makes his way back towards the entrance of the village.

You're standing at the center plaza of Darkroot, if it can be called a plaza. You see the center square, in the middle of the square was a large statue of a human warrior beside what looked to be an orc warrior. You see a man at the center, a stall in front of him, and a down-trodden face. The ground was surprisingly paved with cobbled stone, unlike the rest of the village which were dirt and mud roads for the most part. Being a swamp, many of surrounding areas were bogged down in marsh-like areas. The road splits itself here going north, east, south, and west.

Talmite Tegura: (South)

Like the Western road, you realize that the path southwards continued on from where the road entered into Darkroot from its western end. There was some attempt at extending the paved road, and you realized that if trade caravans were to pass through the village, they would enter from the west and end up at the southern end. To the north you see the town center, while further on south you see the road stretch onwards, as well what looks to be fields of some sort of plant that the villagers were growing and harvesting.

Talmite Tegura: I head towards the south observing the are as I walk.
Talmite Tegura: Those strange plants look interesting but i must focus on the task at hand I can worry bout later

As you travel southwards, you see two orcs getting into an argument. You could come closer to them if you wish. Other than that, there were not many other features of the area save for the fields they harvested.

Talmite Tegura: I cautiosly approach the two orcs knowing that this can turn bad for real quick.

The two orcs are arguing about land ownership. Apparently both the farmers at each end of their farm's borders.

Talmite Tegura: I say to them, "How bout fencing your borders so no one an enter onto your land."

The orcs look towards you. Suspiscion first entered their eyes though they quickly calmed.

Grufflesnort: Fences!?
Grufflesnort: Grufflesnort no need fences!
Grufflesnort: This land mine!

The other orc looked towards you, and nodded in agreement.
Though he quickly scrunched up his face at the others' proclamation.

Ogaren: They're mine!
Grufflesnort: (snort)
Ogaren: This my land since my father's father's mother!
Ogaren: Even before the hoomans came into the village!

Talmite Tegura: But if you both own land next to eachother then a fence would properly show ownership of it. If the other comes onto your land then they are at fault at that point

Grufflesnort? (At this, you see the one called Grufflesnort wave his fist menacingly)

The orcs glare angrily at each other though they glance at you at times.
Ogaren visibly calms however, as he picks up a nearby stick.

Grufflesnort: (Grufflesnort seems to think for a moment)

He moves beyond Grufflesnort then stabs the stick into the ground.

Ogaren: MY land
Ogaren: This. Fence.

Grufflesnort: Grufflesnort then picks up TWO nearby sticks, placing them further down then Ogaren'
Grufflesnort: My Fence.

Talmite Tegura: You should have one built along the complete border between the two lands I will help once I can find a place for me and my fellow group members to stay

The two keep arguing. Their voices getting loud. Their words drowning out your own.

Talmite Tegura: Do either one of you know of any such place?

Grufflesnort: (Grufflesnort glares at his rival, though he looks at the human's way)

Ogaren: No! It eats like- ... Eat?

Grufflesnort: (Grufflesnort, about to bring down a tirade, stopped immediately)

Talmite Tegura: I tell the two you see that creature wouldn't be able to get in your land if you fenced it off like I was suggesting.

Both orcs stare in bewilderment as they watched the creature started eating their own crops. At a rate that was surprisingly fast.

Grufflesnort: Eat....
Grufflesnort: RAAAARRRGGGHHHH!
Grufflesnort: Grufflesnort yells as he starts charging at the creature

You see the orcs rush towards the creature. Picking up rocks along the way and throwing them at it.
Within that moment, other creatures appeared beside it.

Talmite Tegura: Runs up to help the orcs hoping to gain their trust

10:37:40 ?(Observer)Hasabushi? (eek lol)

Talmite Tegura: pulls out sword to attack one of the creatures /1d20

Grufflesnort: Grufflesnort yells as he starts charging at the creature

You see the orcs rush towards the creature. Picking up rocks along the way and throwing them at it.

Your strike hit the creature keenly, and in a single strike the slime monster stopped moving. Though there was still 3 of them.

Talmite Tegura: attempts to strike another /roll 1d20+1

The other orcs manage to hit their targets as well. Two of the other slime monsters were quickly dispatched.

Your attack missed.

As you struck again, you barely hit. Though, you managed to land a strike. In that moment that slime mold disappeared as well. Both orcs looked around for any more, but there was none to be found.

[Exp +150]

Grufflesnort: (Snorts)

Talmite Tegura: Tells the orcs they apper in the road and ennter you land if you build a fence they will not be able to enter again

Both orcs stare hard at each other, though you see the both of them starting to pick up sticks and stabbing them into the ground.

[Exp CR1, +100]

The two orcs continue their work.

Talmite Tegura: I lay a pile of sticks by the orcs and say to build your fence you will need to put them close together were nothing can get between them
Talmite Tegura: I now head back towards the town center to see if my fellow Silver Arms members are there and to tell them about the places to the north

The orcs nod their heads as they go about on working on the fence. You notice that the two kept eyeing each other, and you wondered if they'd ever finish the fence before launching back into an argument.

Talmite Tegura: I look back and shake my head at how they keep eyeing eachother then continue on my way north back to the town center

To the north you see the town center, while further on south you see the road stretch onwards, as well what looks to be fields of some sort of plant that the villagers were growing and harvesting.

You're standing at the center plaza of Darkroot, if it can be called a plaza. You see the center square, in the middle of the square was a large statue of a human warrior beside what looked to be an orc warrior. You see a man at the center, a stall in front of him, and a down-trodden face. The ground was surprisingly paved with cobbled stone, unlike the rest of the village which were dirt and mud roads for the most part. Being a swamp, many of surrounding areas were bogged down in marsh-like areas. The road splits itself here going north, east, south, and west.

Talmite Tegura: I look around to see if Jurn, Aryth or Kulik are back here

As you look aroudn you realize that none of the others are at the meeting place yet. Likely they were still exploring the town as you were.

Talmite Tegura: I head north to investigate the houses i was told about by the two orcs

The northern path you can tell, is where most of the villagers make their residence aside from the western path. You notice however, that these huts have their own gardens, though small and rough compared to the ones that you were accustomed to. You see some half-orcs talking, though they looked at you, for he most part they did not pay you any attention. You see the path continue on northwards and the center square to the south. Continuing northwards Around you, you see numerous cottages and huts lined along the roads. There were some other farther deeper into the swamps with rough roads leading towards them. There were even some homes being newly constructed. To the south you see the way back towards the center. You see your companion Jurn squatting down looking down at something, at what, you do not know.

Jurn Gabbengulp: Roots, roots, roots. Oh you strange little roots! Hmm. Oh! The other wizard.

Jurn Gabbengulp glances towards you, though he keeps squatting down and rummaging through what looks like a bush.

Talmite Tegura: I walk up to Jurn and say i have been told there is avalible housing here in the north part of town we should go gather the others.
Talmite Tegura:You can look for all the roots you want after we settle our lodging we need a place to stay.

The gnome looks at you curiously. He looked dismally at the bush in front of him.

Jurn Gabbengulp: B-b-but...
Jurn Gabbengulp: Kaboom!

THe gnome said as he spread his arms wide in exaggeration.
He looks towards you again.

Talmite Tegura: Come on without a housing how do you expect to have a place to create your potions you so wishing to do?

You see the gnome thinking. But eventually he shrugs.

Jurn Gabbengulp: I'll leave the home-searching to you, Kulik, and Aryth. The roots have to be found!

Talmite Tegura: Now lets go Jurn there is roots all over this town as we search for the others you might see the roots you are lookin for.

You see the gnome move to another set of bushes, and once again he starts to squat down.
He sighs, but eventually he stands up.

Jurn Gabbengulp: Don't ask me where they are though.
Talmite Tegura: Let's head south to the town center then go west

He glances back at the bushes, though, after dusting himself off from the dirt he starts to follow you.

Talmite Tegura: I then start to head south with Jurn along with me

Wandering around, Jurn sits on the stone-bench-like object surrounding the statue.

Talmite Tegura: Checks to see if Kulik or aryth are here.

Jurn Gabbengulp: I'll wait here?

Like before, the others were not toe be found. Save for Jurn who proceeded to sit and stretch.

You see him mumbling something, though he eventually pulls out what looks to be a journal and started reading through it.

Talmite Tegura: Don't go wandering of now we need to be together here. Ill return soon.

Without glancing back at you, he responded.

Jurn Gabbengulp: Yes yes.

Talmite Tegura: I then start to make my way West.

The buildings and homes on the western road look to be more furnished and sturdier than other homes in the village. Most people peered out at you from their homes. Though you did see some people outside. You see the larger chieftain?s hut off to the side, as well as entrance or exit to the village further west. To the east you see the central plaza. You see the entrance farther out west, and you see a figure that looks familiar. Though you'd have to move farther west to see who it was.

Talmite Tegura: I move further west to get a better veiw of the figure ahead

Being a town out in the middle of a swamp infested with monsters you would expect to see some guards, however there weren't any. And though the path looked well-traveled, there was no one else in the vicinity. Except for one person. You see your leader Kulik talking with another person. The other person was hooded so you couldn't see anymore of  the features. You realize that they noticed your presence, and within some moments the hooded man crept away deeper into the swamplands. Kulik makes his way towards you.

Kulik Theboras: Have you found any suitable homes? A place where these friendly would let us stay?

Talmite Tegura: The north side has some home. they are fancy but should suit our needs.I have found Jurn he waits ar town center now you ready to go back we still need to find Aryth.

Kulik Theboras: I see... however, my business is not yet concluded. Might you go see what Aryth is up to, then return here to me?

Talmite Tegura: If I may ask what is the buisness you have here

Kulik Theboras: (Kulik laughs)
Kulik Theboras: (placing his hand on your shoulder, Kulik leans in his close)
Kulik Theboras: There're some things you're best left unaware of.

Talmite Tegura: You aren't planning on starting something we need to keep from drawing attention to ourselves.

Kulik Theboras: (Kulik's eyes glint)
Kulik Theboras: I wouldn't worry about that...
Kulik Theboras: Just yet
Kulik Theboras: Now then, we shouldn't keep a lady waiting, Kulik says with a grin.
Kulik Theboras: Aryth should be somewhere to the East

Talmite Tegura:  (Shakes head at Kulik's stubborness) Okay do what you plan I will return once I find Aryth.
Talmite Tegura: Turns and heads to the east back to town center.

Like before there was nothing out of the ordinary. Jurn did glance up, but he went back to reading his book. The only path you haven't taken is the path east.

Talmite Tegura: Glances at Jurn then head out to the east

The eastern path still has cobbled stones for a path, but you notice that some parts were already becoming rubble-strewn and removed. It looks as if the center plaza is the only place with proper paving. You see less homes this way, though there were a couple of orcs milling about, and up ahead, to the east, you see the path head deeper into the swamplands, but still with some homes in the direction. To the west you see the center plaza and its marking statue.
Continuing eastwards you find yourself at a bog.

At the bog you see many insects fluttering about. There was only one home in this part of the village. Though, you found it hard to decide where the village ended as there was no clear indictation. You see Aryth standing near a try, and quickly looking back to the bog and to a couple of very large trees. A thoughtful expression on her face.

Aryth Elearis: Tal! It's good to see you.

She glances at you, though she kept looking towards the trees as well as the bog in he background. Knowing her for as long as you did, you knew she had something on her mind.

Talmite Tegura: As it is to see you I have found suitable homes in the northern side of town. nothing fancy but will suit us and our needs. Jurn is at town center and Kulik still talking bout "Business he has". Whats with the look on you face what are you thinking about?

Aryth Elearis: Well... These trees are just perfect. It won't be too hard, I think, making a home out of it.
Aryth Elearis: Though... hmmm..

She goes back into reverie. But finally shrugs.

Aryth Elearis: I've always wanted to see the trees of Darkroot. I've been told before that they're very easy to mend with druidic magic.

Talmite Tegura: So what is it you wish to do would you rather a place to north or we build one here?

She picked up a twig, closed her eyes, and within moments you see the twig wriggling.
She shrugs at the question.

Talmite Tegura: (Stares at wiggling twig)

Aryth Elearis: I'll follow you to the town square. We can decide then.

She laughs as she hands you the twig.

Talmite Tegura: Ok lets go then.

[Gained Enchanted Twig]

Talmite Tegura: Hmm...interesting twig.

Back at the center of the town, you see the gnome in the same place as before. He waves towards you as you and Aryth make your way towards him. Kulik was still no where in sight, and you figured he must still be at the western end of the town.

Talmite Tegura: Make my way bask west to town center with Aryth

Aryth Elearis: That one is always disappearing.

You see the gnome nod his head.

Talmite Tegura: Looks at Jurn and Aryth and say I'm going to go get Kulik and will return with him.

Aryth smiles.

Aryth Elearis: Bring him back here soon!

Talmite Tegura: Smiles and says will do.
Talmite Tegura: I then make my way to the west back to where I last saw Kulik.

Moving westwards, you see Kulik once again.

Talmite Tegura: I walk up to Kulik and ask are you finished yet?

Kulik Theboras: Emerging from the shade of a small building he was leaning on, Kulik only grins.

Kulik Theboras: My business is done
Kulik Theboras: for now, at least

Talmite Tegura: Either way let's head back to town center Aryth and Jurn are waiting.

Kulik Theboras: Have you any more news on a suitable house?

Kulik asks as he walks with you back to town.

Talmite Tegura: We will decide on housing once we get to town center.

Kulik Theboras: (Kulik shrugs)
Kulik Theboras: Very well

Kulik Theboras: Or have him poke one of the citizens of the town. Like what you forced me to do...

Jurn Gabbengulp: Or sing. Really really loudly. I remember when I did that...

Kulik Theboras: You can always have him buy you something. Among the many things you already have...

Jurn Gabbengulp: That or play a random prank on our leader Kulik, like dropping a bucket of rotten broken eggs on him.

You see Kulik stare at the gnome, then furrow his brow at Aryth. His voice quivering in shock and perhaps anger.

Kulik Theboras: That was YOU!?

She doesn't answer however and instead Aryth smiles at him disarmingly throwing him a wink. You notice Kulik immediately calm, and you wonder if her Nymph-heritage had something to do with it.

Aryth Elearis: Well, how about we let Tal decide? Well what would it be? What should we have our dear Tal do? I would prefer if you sing a song... loudly... But its up to you.

Talmite Tegura: I say I choose the last one
Talmite Tegura: The bucket on Kuliks head

Aryth laughs.

Aryth Elearis: Very well, the next time you're able to. Now Kulik.

Kulik Theboras: (Kulik sighs)

Aryth Elearis: Pretend you didn't hear anything.

Talmite Tegura: (I laugh at the decision and smile a Kulik) HAHAHA

Kulik Theboras: Well, back to our main concern:

Kulik Theboras: What are the news on a suitable house?
Kulik Theboras: Talmite has told me there are homes to the North
Kulik Theboras: Is that our only option?

Jurn Gabbengulp: There were houses to the north...

Talmite Tegura: Yes not far from that bush you were crawling in...

The gnome scrunches up his face.

I still have to find those roots..

Kulik Theboras: (Kulik grins at the gnome, then looks at Aryth's way)

Aryth Elearis: Well, I was thinking I can try making one.

Talmite Tegura: Aryth has found nice trees in a quite area were one can be built and....There's lots of interesting looking roots there Jurn

Kulik Theboras: What do you mean by making one?

Jurn Gabbengulp: The roots are interesting.

Aryth Elearis: I can form the trees to build a structure. I did it once before when I lived with my mother.

Talmite Tegura: Yes Jurn they are like none I have seen anywhere else in town.

Jurn Gabbengulp: But they are! They go.... BOOM!

Talmite Tegura: She did something similar to a twig look(Shows the enchanted twig)

Kulik Theboras: That seems like an interesting option, Aryth

Aryth looks towards the gnome. Giving him a glaring look.

She nods in agreement.

Kulik Theboras: Nice.. ughhh. Twig.

Aryth Elearis: Let's at least look at the place? To the east?
Aryth Elearis: Kulik!

Talmite Tegura: (Laughs at Jurn saying BOOm so loudly) and say i didn't check but you can Jurn.

Talmite Tegura: I agree lets head east.

Jurn grumbles. But he was good enough to agree as he packed up his books.

Kulik Theboras: As do I

Kulik Theboras: Jurn, have you any complaints?

Jurn Gabbengulp: THE ROOTS!

Talmite Tegura: So heading east now are we?(Looks at Jurn)

Kulik Theboras: Hahaha, we'll have plenty enough time for roots later

Along the way eastwards back to the bog Aryth walks beside you.

Kulik Theboras: Let's head east to the place Aryth found us

Aryth Elearis: Thanks for the support!

She grinned widely in return as she hands you an item.

Talmite Tegura: No problem smiles and says I would like to see just how this will work out

[Gained ring (+1 Charisma, +1 AC, +1 Will saves)]

Aryth Elearis: I'm sure it'll work out well. I'm no novice in druid magic!
Aryth Elearis: Plus the trees love me.

If she was joking or not, you could not tell.

Kulik Theboras: That ring...

Kulik Theboras: Was that not the same ring i handed you only 10 fortnights ago?

She nodded.

Aryth Elearis: I've cast some enchantments on it.

Kulik Theboras: I... see.

The group makes their way eastwards, past some homes and curious orcs peering out at you, and finally you find yourself nearing what looks to be a bog. Kulik and Jurn glanced at each other, incredulous looks stamped upon their faces. After all, what would there be in a bog? Aryth had turned towards them and gave them an exaggerated wink as if to say she knew what she was doing. Kulik and Jurn both shrugged, they knew their half-nymph companion proved her usefulness in things that dealt with nature. Finally the group had arrived in front of a couple of large trees, overlooking a bog.

Aryth Elearis: This is it!

Aryth said as much in proclamation as in excitement. Making her way to the tree she places her hand upon it, closing her eyes, whispering and seemingly to almost speak to the tree. Immediately you see what look like tendrils rise from the ground. On closer examination you realize that those weren't tendrils at all, but the roots of the various trees in the area. They start to widen and thicken, and to your amazement it looked like as if the trees were growing.

It was then that Kulik called out for attention as you saw him draw out his sword. He points towards the bog, and you see what caused his actions. You see what look to be slime creatures making their way from the bog, making you realize that even though it was near the village, the Swamps of Orcen were still a dangerous place. You realize that the movements of the roots must have wakened the creatures.

Jurn Gabbengulp: Aryth's too busy to help us out. But I'm sure those slime molds wouldn't be too much problem. Not like a problem that's common, but more like a problem that's easy to fix. And this is quite a problem that we'd be able to fix! Of course if we're indeed able to, sometimes problems are not the problems to be fixed.

Kulik Theboras: Gnome. Sometimes I have no idea what you're saying.

Talmite Tegura: I put on the ring draw my sword and ready myself along with Kulik

Immediately Jurn started into spellcasting. Sending an array of missiles at the larger slime mold creature.

The attack hits.

Pulling out a pair of short swords, Kulik charges the nearest slime

The attack hits.

The creature moans in response, but it was still alive.

The attack misses.

Like before Jurn starts casting his spells.

As you struck the creature, you missed again.

Kulik's first strike hit true, but his second one missed.
You see the slime monster head towards you, lashing out.

The slime creature's attack missed.

Jurn Gabbengulp: (Grins as he starts into casting once again)

Like before the first strike hit, but the secondo ne missed.

The attack missed again, the jelly creature once again charged towards Talmite.

Kulik Theboras: Talmite! Stay focused!!

The attack missed, as the jelly creature moaned again rumbling in agony. Within that moment another jelly creature appeared.

Talmite Tegura: (Shakes head and clears mind)

Jurn Gabbengulp: Another jelly creature!

Luckily both attacks went through.
In that attack the first creature was downed.
Jurn launched into spellcasting.

The magic missiles hit.

A moment after he struck back.

Hit by the creature Kulik was poisoned.
[CR4 + CR4, +800 exp]

Aryth: Thanks for that. Never realized there were slimes hiding beneath the roots. But it's done.

True to her word, you see the structure that Aryth had created. Many of the surrounding trees and roots formed the building, and to your wonderment it was a large size. More than enough for the four of you to stay in for the remainder of the tour.

Days after days had passed in the town of Darkroot, your companions doing the daily routines of patrolling, as well as helping out the populace. Days turned into weeks. Your group had started to worry about the length of the stay, you yourself knew that staying at a single village was for a few weeks was already too long. The Silver Arms were a group that regularly moved and shuffled their members around, and you found it surprising that they would have let your group stay in Darkroot for this long.

During this time as well, you notice that the townsfolk have been becoming more restless. There were reports of missing people, and though you, Kulik, Jurn, and Aryth did your best to seek them out, it always came out for naught. The missing villagers simply were not to be found. The group however, found out soon enough one night.

Sitting on the ?porch?, you see Kulik staring out into the night sky. Jurn and Aryth were already busy inside the make shift tree-home, preparing evening meal. There was no conversation between you and Kulik, and almost daily for the past few weeks you spent your time quietly out on the porch, with Kulik taking watch, all in silence. It was then that they struck.

Out of the darkness you saw what looked to be hooded forms making their way quickly towards you. Kulik, ever alert saw them immediately, calling towards Jurn and Aryth who were still inside the building. There was a blast of fire, as you felt the warmth of heat wash over you.

You watch in horror as the building behind you was in flames. You wondered the fate of your companions. But you had little time to think as the first of the hooded man came towards you.

Your first attacks missed.

You watch as a huge orc wielding an axe aims after you.

Out of the corner of your eye, you see Aryth and Jurn get themselves out of the burning building. They were injured, but they quickly gathered their senses as they launched into their spellcasting.

As you felt the blade sink into your chest,  you start to lose consciousness. You hear the shouts and commands of Kulik. Moments later you hear Aryth's sobbing, as Jurn's spellcasting came into a higher crescendo.

Then. You knew no more.

[CR3 + CR3, +600 exp]

You woke with a start though your head felt heavy, and yours eyes felt droopy. Around you you see nothing but metallic vertical bars. It took you only a few moments to realize it was a prison. There was a soft covering on the ground, and upon closer inspection you realize that it was moss of some sort. You remember the events that had transpired before you blackout, and to your surprise there were no wounds on your body. You hear what seemed like voices in the background. Perhaps if you listen harder you can hear them.

[Roll a fort save, 1d20+3]

First Voice: What do you think they'd do to that one?

Second Voice: Beats me. Likely what they did to the rest.

The first voice laughs.

First Voice: That or keep him locked up in there for a few more weeks. They probably won't need another one anyways.

[Roll a fort save, 1d20+3]

First Voice: It's too bad we only captured two of them.

Second Voice: There's still more though.

[Roll a fort save]

First Voice: The Silver Arms always replaces their members...

The second voice laughs.

Second Voice: Not to mention there's still plenty of villagers.

[Roll a for save again]

You would have listened to more of the conversation, but you felt your limbs weaken, and as you crumbled back towards the moss-bedding, you wondered if it had properties that lulled you into rest. Your mind started drifting towards your druid companion, Aryth, but at that moment you knew nothing but a deep slumber.

Kazamatta

Very nice hoe much you got it recorded. I enjoyed it very much so it's been a while since I have done any rolplaying so thanks for that. Also, can't wiit to start playing in SA and help beat down enemies lol.