A Land Unhallowed - The Druidic Visionary (Uthaal's Bio)

Started by Linwelin, November 09, 2012, 09:56:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linwelin

Part 1:

Uthaal was both in a small druidic village in the coastal forested mountains northeast of the Plains of Darlen. This town, though virtually unknown by the outside world, had fame among druids. Within, it held the natural altar of Hesp, the God of Nature, in the Korithian Kingdom. This altar, grown perfectly from the very earth and trees around it, is noted as the first location within the kingdom that a true worshipper of Hesp gained access to The Hidden Wood, Hesp?s realm.

However, this village experienced a fall, as one who was not a druid had somehow infiltrated the isolated village. The man was clever, and pretended to be druidic, somehow having knowledge of the old tongue. One day, when the supposed druid was finally allowed to pray at the altar with the rest of the village, Uthaal included, the man proved his heart to be false in front of the hallowed altar. As if Serpentstaff himself had sensed the man?s fa?ade, the grass grew tall where he kneeled, whipped around him, and skewered him, leaving his blood to drain onto the ground.

The druids were appalled, and Uthaal, having been right behind to man, witnessed first-hand the wrath of his god. A wave of decay spread from the new corpse withering the entire grove, leaving the area unhallowed. The druids immediately fled, but a few, along with Uthaal, stayed to survey the grove. What happened next brought all to their knees. Though the grove had now withered, an intense pressure filled the air. There was no speech, but there were immense feelings of dread, anger, and disappointment. But then there was this sense of hope, and images flew through the minds of each druid.

When later discussed, the druids found that each of them had been given a task for the altar?s redemption. Each needed to show a different aspect of balance or righteous protection of nature. When all the gathered druids had attained these qualities, the altar would be revived. The trouble was they only had images of the opportunities to prove themselves.

Only knowing of those images he received, Uthaal set out, not even sure of what he was tasked to do.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Linwelin

Part 2:

It had appeared over night, though Uthaal was unsure what to make of it. Along his right forearm were 5 unhealed serpent bites, however, despite being open they were not bleeding, and there was no blood where he had slept. Then it dawned on him. He had heard of this before, in druidic teachings: The Mark of Reconciliation. These marks were placed on followers of Hesp whom Hesp himself had trusted with a trial to retain the balance of the natural and civilized worlds. But why five marks? Did Serpentstaff place so much hope in such a novice druid? Uthaal decided to resign himself to the fact that Lord Hesp knew best of what he was capable, and that Uthaal could only hope to meet those expectations. From what he knew, Uthaal reasoned that the wounds healed when the task was completed, meaning Hesp had set out 5 such tasks for him. Recollecting his memories of the images, he sorted which ones fit together, some peaceful, others fierce and forlorn. This would take many years.

Uthaal wrapped the wounds to keep them from being infected, in case that was possible, and to not attract attention. He had never seen this occur; such events were only mentioned in ancient tales. Despite knowing all of this now, the druid was still clueless. ?Am I now to wander aimlessly until I find what to do?? He thought to himself. In the mean time, he may as well wander down the rest of the mountain. It had been a long time since he had left the mountain woods. The world was bound to have changed.

After hours of walking Uthaal finally came to the old dirt road he knew of from years past. ?Thank goodness some things haven?t changed. I?d hate to be completely lost.? He followed the road south, remembering as a boy that there was a village he had come across with his father who had been beset by rodents, and his father had solved their problem by calling on vipers in a nearby area to hunt the pack down. Uthaal was thinking he may be able to stay there for a short while until he decided what to do with himself.

The village came into sight just as the force hit him. Uthaal nearly collapsed, grabbing his head to steady himself. One of the images had surfaced again; one of the bad ones. He saw the village now beset by vipers, the children and elders in fear and agony, those who were able boarding up the houses and hunting the snakes, trying to find the source of the massive brood.

The young druid was running to the village as soon as he could get to his feet, desperate to help the only part of this world he knew besides his home. ?Why is all I know and love falling to pieces!?? He cried inwardly, hoping he could do something to help.

Uthaal had five images set before him, the first he had taken care of in the small town on the plains, by showing the townspeople how to live with what they sometimes do not even know is around them. He knew he was done when the image flash in his mind as he was enacting it. He probably looked strange having a peaceful smile as he taught how to use a poison-extracting herb.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]