Silver Arms Chapter 1

Started by Hasabushi, November 08, 2012, 03:40:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hasabushi

QuoteI'm going to clean all this up later put it in a nice format, this is just for storage purposes.

[PAGE 1]

Summary of Chapter 1: New Allies
The party meets for the first time. The members include Tebastion, a centaur paladin in the service of the Silver Arms for some time, Uthaal, a druid with a few years with the Silver Arms, Lyle, a new halfing rogue to have joined, Arian, a dark elf who also recently joined, Perlot, a human barbarian from far away lands, and Rasilope, a cleric of Ehlonna.

The group meet at an abandoned tower where they meet a halfing who was at first frightened, but after a short time the party finds out that he was an agent from the Silver Arms sent to guide them to Taelthan through the use of a teleportation spell. The party, still suspicious of the halfing, decide to go along. However, the halfing's teleportation spell was disrupted mid-way between crossing planes. The party was uninjured, save for the halfing who sustained some minor wounds.

They find themselves on the outskirts of Taelthan where they meet with another group of Silver Arms. Annia, Balthas, Haron, as well as two un-named individuals have apparently disrupted the spell and are now seeking to discern the identities of their prey. After a clash of Balthas losing control of himself and ending up with a 1500 pound centaur on top of him, his apparent blood-lust disappeared and was replaced with confusion. The party soon finds out that Annia, the friendliest of the group, was a paladin in service of the Golden Dawn. Their motivations was finding a dark elf who also branded the name of the Silver Arms, and was last seen after a slaughter of Rasilope's second-home town of Knight's Crest. Hearing news that the dark elf may have wandered near the area of Taelthan, and finding out that Arian, a dark elf himself, was to be near the area, they assumed that it was the party who was responsible for the slaughter.

The party soon make their way to Taelthan, only to be greeted by a guard who would not allow them passage. After a series of events the party eventually made their way through the gates where they were met with Talas Arlam, the Division manager of Taelthan city. It was then that the party realized the the halfing who had accompanied them before had disappeared.

Reaching the Taelthan branch of the Silver Arms, the party is told that the warden was busy and wouldn't see them until some time. The party takes it to themselves to explore and get to know their surroundings where they each had their own adventures. Finally, they gathered again.

Quote from: OODM
Please check your private messages before posting in this thread. I forgot to mention you each have 150 gp.

It was early morning. The sun had just risen; its warmth slowly encompassing this part of the world. It seemed like it was another regular day. However you knew that today was going to be the day you meet these other ?comrades? of yours. You were curious to find out who the others may be, if they had any special traits or qualities. True, even you yourself had some things that were ?unique? about you.

You?ve heard of the North-East part of the kingdom. There was a trading city by the name of Taelthan around the area. Most of its trade coming from the sea ports of Penton and to the north where the stronghold of the dwarves resided. The city wasn?t exactly the main converging point of trade, however, all trade routes from the North East did converge at the city.

The climate was mild. The fields and rolling hills of the area were similar to that of the rest of the Kingdom. There was hardly anything different from the rest of the Kingdom, though you knew to the east lay the Swamps of Orcen, and to the north it noticeably gets much colder.

If you were at the tower.

You sighed and rested as you waited for the others to arrive. The abandoned tower you were told to gather was old and it was easy to tell that no one maintained the tower in a very long time. Rubble was strewn across its base, and you wondered what conditions the building went through.

If you?re about to join the others at the tower. You can meet up with another player headed towards there if you wish.

You saw the tower in the distance. It was noticeable; like a blot against the clear sky. A road lead to the building, though you noticed that it was overgrown with grasses and weeds ? you can tell it wasn?t a path that was often taken.
? Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 08:07:40 am by Throndir ?    Logged
Status, Statistics, Experience, Level, and Hitpoints
Inventory
Quote of the Week:
Whatever I wore, I would have looked damn sexy, even if it was a dress.

~DNDREMIX

Ella ?
anime | manga | website
Lightningsun
Project Leader

Epicness: +1/-0

Re: #1 [Group] New Allies
? Reply #1 on: February 04, 2011, 02:47:54 pm ?
"Such a beauty..." Rasilope said to himself as his golden eyes embraced the view of the landscape.

He smiled with a feeling of accomplishment. Rearranging his hair in the strong winds to clear his eyes again he then noticed the abandoned tower.

Move to Abandoned Tower action

I seriously hope this is how this works, or I'm completely confused :3
? Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 02:56:49 pm by Throndir ?    Logged
Rasilope Seralock
Kulik 'Daggerheart'
Throndir
John Mathieu Sore?o
Administrator
Ancient

Epicness: +21/-135

Gurren Brigade!

? Reply #2 on: February 04, 2011, 02:53:12 pm ?
Lol, well. Good enough. It's really only for skill checks. Go take a look at your character and see the list of skills you have, those are your actions. Stuff like moving around you can just roleplay it out. (I don't think we'll be using a battle grid?)
Inventory
Quote of the Week:

~DNDREMIX

Ella ?
anime | manga | website
Lightningsun
Project Leader

Epicness: +1/-0

? Reply #3 on: February 04, 2011, 03:08:03 pm ?
The sea... Rasilope thought. A strange, random thought. Why would he think that? He wasn't really sure, but he didn't let that slow him down.

A fast walk led to a light jog... and soon he was a couple catapult-shots away... Kicking one piece of stone into place, Rasilope created himself a seat and sat down to rest, observing the tower, waiting for others to arrive.
Rasilope Seralock
Kulik 'Daggerheart'
Linwelin
The Forlorn
Gamer

Epicness: +3/-0

? Reply #4 on: February 04, 2011, 04:09:59 pm ?
Reaching the top of a gradual slope in the path, Din'carak slithering next to him, Uthaal takes in the surrounding land, smiling in refreshment at a gentle breeze. He continues to note the common flora in the area for later use if needed. He pops one of a few goodberries he'd gathered earlier as he looks out to the next hill about 1-2 miles ahead, seeing an old tower atop it. "That must be the rendezvous." He notes to himself, then looks down at Din'carak, speaking in Slyvan, "Come on Din, just a bit further." Din'carak looks up, flicking his tongue, then both wander down the hill toward the tower.
Uthaal Na?lo

"Don?t forget, incoming fire has the right of way." -Clint smith
Hasabushi
Rustic Legend
Administrator

Epicness: +6/-0

Low Fiber Diet

? Reply #5 on: February 04, 2011, 04:14:14 pm ?
Tebastion never questioned a mission, had never challenged an order, nor to his knowledge had he ever disobeyed an officer. That was until now. His assignment had been clear, his convictions even more so. Why would the powers that be remove him from such an important assignment? His thoughts raced almost as quickly as his hooves, the thundering noise of his metal shod feet striking the cobblestone covered road.

He repeated the creed that he had sworn to uphold, so long ago.

"I am of the arm, I am steadfast and unshakable,
Though the tempest may come I will stand,
    unmovable,
          resolute
never to question, only to serve.
I am silver, cleaned and pure
  no dross remains in me,
        my allegiance is final and unchangeable.
Though I am malleable I will not break to the will of those
  who do not posses the symbol of the most righteous army.
        The silver Arms."

The words tasted like dry paper in his mouth. At one time it had been true, he remembered those days well. The scouts had selected him from among the finest of the newly appointed Paladins of the order of the Sword & Swallow.
He had served with finest of the Silver Arms and had served them well.

Now the Silver Arms appeared to be only a glorified organization that still retained the military appearance  outside but within smelled of rancid fish as less scrupulous characters had made their way deep into its underbelly.

Still he would serve as every fiber of his being declared that he would bring the order back to its former glory, if he had but to do it single handedly, that would not stop him.

The tower rose before him as the cobblestone path gave way to briers and bushes that had clearly grown here for many years, the tower was clearly falling in on itself, as its upper cresselations were in desperate need of repair. A noise caught his attention the Paladin drew his longsword swiping at the overgrown bushes in front of him, it was quite noisy but effective.

Cue: Whoever
Tebastion (Tey'bashion) Suynherald Surefoot

Lord Smelly Pants, has at last defeated his arch enemy Capt. Rank Behind!

Linwelin
The Forlorn
Gamer

? Reply #6 on: February 04, 2011, 04:22:15 pm ?
Uthaal jumps back, brandishing his sickle defesively, as he was in the middle of harvesting an herb of interest. "Hold, centaur! Sheathe your weapon, I am not here to fight!" Notes your garb. "And perhaps more than that, I believe I'm here to meet you...I'm Uthaal, a Silver Arms Guardsman."
Uthaal Na?lo

Hasabushi
Rustic Legend
Administrator

Low Fiber Diet

? Reply #7 on: February 04, 2011, 05:30:34 pm ?
In reaction to Uthaal
The Centaur was in mid swing when the over dressed druid appeared in front of him bringing a stylized sickle to bear (a mere nuisance at best); noting the silver bag tied to the elf's belt as a symbol of the order, Tebastion pawed the ground with this right front hoof and let out a slight whinny.

Lowering his sword he quickly sheathed it into the elaborate scabbard he bore on his side while still watching the newcomer unwarily. "You were ordered here as well?" Tebastion inquired suspiciously "If that is the only weapon you own, I fear you are in grave danger indeed!" Tebastion laughed allowing a smile to cross his face.

Even while in conversation, Tebastion is playing very close attention to his surroundings.
Listen & Spot Checks

Throndir
John Mathieu Sore?o
Administrator
Ancient

Gurren Brigade!

? Reply #8 on: February 04, 2011, 05:41:11 pm ?
Quote from: OODM to Hasabushi
I?m assuming the two of you are still a bit away from the tower? Also you may do the rolls yourself if you wish.
Listen check: [1d20+7] 13 = 13 + 7 = 20
Spot check: [1d20+5] 8 = 8 + 5 = 13

Other than the slightly whining sound of the wind blowing through the bushes and trees and the druid?s rustling of the bushes, there was nothing to note in the current vicinity. You do not notice anything out of the ordinary, though, a few small woodland creatures scurried about at the disturbance caused by the druid and the centaur.
? Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 05:58:12 pm by Throndir ?    Logged
Inventory
Quote of the Week:

~DNDREMIX

Ella ?
anime | manga | website
Linwelin
The Forlorn
Gamer

? Reply #9 on: February 04, 2011, 05:52:17 pm ?
Taking Tebastion's words as a little harsh, Uthaal counters, "And is an rogue any less of a danger with only a dagger in hand?" He kneels down to pick up the herb he'd unearthed, placing it in a belt pouch as he speaks. Smirking, Uthaal states, "But I have to agree," moves his cloak aside to reveal a scimitar at his waist, "nothing beats a good blade."

You then see a medium-sized, black viper move up my leg. I look down and place my hand on it's head, "Though my swordsmanship is not what I'm known for..." Looks back up to you, "You are the first I have seen of our companions. Might you have some idea why we were called to this rickety tower. And I believe I have not gotten your name, friend. You are...?"
Uthaal Na?lo

Hasabushi
Rustic Legend
Administrator

Low Fiber Diet

? Reply #10 on: February 04, 2011, 06:53:17 pm ?
The Druid appeared to react defensively to Tebastions words, then he smirked opening his cloak as the sun danced off of a beautifully crafted blade, it looked to be a scimitar as the curved edges revealed. The viper that had been near the elf moved quickly wrapping itself around the druids leg. The Paladin had seen such things before, this elf was obviously a druid.

Tebastion nodded " I can see that your are neither unarmed nor lacking in the art of banter, I did not mean to come across so harshly, tis my way you must understand. I apologize for my rudeness."

Uthaal: "You are the first I have seen of our companions. Might you have some idea why we were called to this rickety tower. And I believe I have not gotten your name, friend. You are...?"

Tebastion extended his hand in Uthaals general direction, "I am called Tebastion Sunherald Surefoot, though if the name does not roll easily from your tongue, those I count as friends call me Teb."

"To answer your query, I was summoned the same as you, though I do tire of the mystery that The Council has chosen to bestow upon us. Perhaps some light would be shed within yonder tower? Though I would admit I do not relish that particular endeavor," Tebastion said as he eyed the decrepit state of the entrance to the tower.

Linwelin
The Forlorn
Gamer

? Reply #11 on: February 04, 2011, 07:26:13 pm ?
"No offense taken" Uthaal replies, "I now realize you were only being wary...which I seem to be lacking if I hadn't noticed you while gathering." The elf chuckles to himself. "As for the banter...let's just say isolation makes one want to talk when the opportunity shows itself."

Uthaal takes your hand, gripping and shaking it, "Well met, Teb. As for the tower, we'll have to humor our superiors and enter. I'm no more fond of the idea than you." Motions for Teb to join him in walking to the rendezvous point. "Hopefully we don't mention our other comrades in arms with the same amount of surprise." He smiles at you.
Uthaal Na?lo

DNDREMIX
Destroyer of Doughnuts
Administrator
Legend

Epicness: +3/-1

Yes, the world does in fact revolve around me.

? Reply #12 on: February 04, 2011, 07:34:37 pm ?
Arian raised his hand above his eyes to filter the light and gazed at the tower.  It's not much he thought.  Making sure his hood was secure to keep out the hated sunlight, he quickly traveled across the terrain.

In time he became aware of the two being before him.  Though they seemed to squabble initially, they were now engaged in cheerful pleasantries.  He assumed they were his soon to be allies, so he took the time to study them before they noticed him.

Spot check, focused on the two characters.
Arian Swiftblade
"Victory without ruin, domination without disgrace. That is true conquest!" - Zero Rider

"I will remain true to my ideals, even if it means I must destroy myself to see them through." - Shirou Emiya

"Some of us have to fight.  There are great conditions of liberty to defend.  I am no partisan man.  Where I see the infamy, I head to erase it.  Party Names mean nothing.  Tradition of Liberty Means all." -F. Alexander

Throndir
John Mathieu Sore?o
Administrator
Ancient

Gurren Brigade!

? Reply #13 on: February 04, 2011, 07:46:32 pm ?
Quote from: OODM to DNDREMIX
[1d20+4] 18 = 18 + 4 = 22

The two travelers seem to be what they appear to be. A centaur wearing a suit of chain mail, and an elf wearing a more fine and intricate set of garbs a brown cloaked draped over them - likely there was some leather hidden beneath them. You notice the elf motion towards the tower, and like you suspected, their conversation were simple pleasantries.
? Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 07:59:28 pm by Throndir ?    Logged
Inventory
Quote of the Week:

~DNDREMIX

Ella ?
anime | manga | website
CantTouchThis

Epicness: +0/-0

? Reply #14 on: February 04, 2011, 10:42:07 pm ?
I [referring to Lyle] approached the tower opposite from where the others headed towards it. He walked along, limping from a somewhat injured left ankle. He sat down upon a nearby rock, one not too big because of his tiny, but fierce, body. He took out his shortsword, and stood up, while leaning on it as if a cane. As he neared the tower, he walked around it, opening the nearest door. [I'm not exactly sure what to put next. Does someone say hi to me? I'm not too sure where anyone is...]
Lyle Freehill

[END PAGE 1]

Hasabushi

[PAGE 2]

Uthaal walks in through the tower door with Teb, a black viper trailing behind, spotting an injured halfling ((as I'm assuming he's not hiding or anything)). "Looks like you've had a more unfortunate journey than us. I assume, you're with the Silver Arms, correct? Let me look at your wounds, I should be able to fix them if they're not too bad." He motions for you to take a seat and stretch out your leg.
Uthaal Na?lo

Throndir
John Mathieu Sore?o
Administrator
Ancient

Gurren Brigade!

? Reply #16 on: February 05, 2011, 06:58:23 am ?
I might as well say where everyone is. The druid and centaur are in the tower. The dark-elf ranger was trailing the druid and centaur. The elven cleric created himself a stone bench over-looking the tower, he should arrive at the base of the tower soon (Lightningsun wouldn't be able to post today, so he gave me permission to move him). The halfing just opened the door to the tower (looks like he's already in however). The barbarian still hasn't made an appearance.

Lyle
Listen check: [1d20+8] 16 = 16 + 8 = 24
Spot check: [1d20+4] 5 = 5 + 4 = 9

Uthaal
Listen check: [1d20+7] 8 = 8 + 7 = 15
Spot check: [1d20+7] 5 = 5 + 7 = 12

Tebastian
Listen check: [1d20+7] 7 = 7 + 7 = 14
Spot check: [1d20+5] 7 = 7 + 5 = 12

As you entered the tower, you realize more than ever the deteriorated condition of the tower. Rubble and chipped pieces of stone littered the floor, while even the wooden staircase that lead up to the top, looked to be very decrepit. It wouldn't be wise for anything heavy to climb those stairs.

The first floor of the tower was silent; there was nothing to be heard save for the wind that blew unceasingly. The halfing, centaur and the druid were the only three visible in the current room.
? Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 07:18:35 am by Throndir ?    Logged
Inventory
Quote of the Week:

~DNDREMIX

Ella ?
anime | manga | website
CantTouchThis

? Reply #17 on: February 05, 2011, 09:15:33 am ?
Cringing in pain as he extended his leg, Lyle thought, It hasn't hurt this bad before... He was worried it was more than a few broken bones.
Lyle Freehill
Throndir
John Mathieu Sore?o
Administrator
Ancient

Gurren Brigade!

? Reply #18 on: February 05, 2011, 09:17:37 am ?
Quote from: OODM to Lyle
Listen check: 24 Spot check: 9

You thought you heard a scuffling that momentarily distracted your attention, however from where it came from, you could not tell. You do not see anything out of the ordinary.
Inventory
Quote of the Week:

~DNDREMIX

Ella ?
anime | manga | website
Linwelin
The Forlorn
Gamer

? Reply #19 on: February 05, 2011, 09:36:54 am ?
Uthaal kneels down to take a look, puts his hand to your ankle and you feel some of the pain disappear.

I used Cure minor wounds. 1 hp healed

Uthaal then takes out a salve and applies it to the wound to relieve the pain. (take 10 on heal check, should be an auto success in this case) "For now, you should be able to walk on it until better healing can be done. My name is Uthaal, might I get yours, friend?"
Uthaal Na?lo

DNDREMIX
Destroyer of Doughnuts
Administrator
Legend

? Reply #20 on: February 05, 2011, 10:38:08 am ?
Arian followed the other two towards the tower.  He wasn't sure if they had noticed him or not, and he really didn't care.  Being cordial was not part of his job description.  Still, he felt an odd premonition from the twoer, it was going to be the starting point to a new chapter in his life.

He steeled himself and entered.
Arian Swiftblade
"Victory without ruin, domination without disgrace. That is true conquest!" - Zero Rider

"I will remain true to my ideals, even if it means I must destroy myself to see them through." - Shirou Emiya

"Some of us have to fight.  There are great conditions of liberty to defend.  I am no partisan man.  Where I see the infamy, I head to erase it.  Party Names mean nothing.  Tradition of Liberty Means all." -F. Alexander

Throndir
John Mathieu Sore?o
Administrator
Ancient

Gurren Brigade!

? Reply #21 on: February 05, 2011, 11:13:40 am ?
Uthaal
Cure minor wounds (1 hp to Lyle)
Heal check: 10 + 5 = 15 Success

Lyle
Regained 1 hp.

Arian
Spot check: [1d20+4] 3 = 3 + 4 = 7
Listen check: [1d20+6] 16 = 16 + 6 = 22

Arian
As you entered the worn tower, you thought you heard a scuffling that momentarily distracted your attention, however from where it came from, you could not tell. You do not see anything out of the ordinary other than the druid helping mending the halfing's leg.
? Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 11:21:30 am by Throndir ?    Logged
Inventory
Quote of the Week:

~DNDREMIX

Ella ?
anime | manga | website
Sanias
Average Joe
General Chat Moderator
Hero

Epicness: +19/-2

? Reply #22 on: February 05, 2011, 12:47:25 pm ?
Damn. How did I get myself into this? Perlot promised to continue, yet he had stopped. There was nothing else but to carry on his duty, and Perlot was not a man to break promises. Still, he wished he could've been able to avoid this. Sighing, Perlot trudged on through the archaic path strewn with weeds and flowers from ages past. At a rise, he could make out the tower he was supposed to seek out. It was like a blot on a painting, marring the perfect, chill morning air he missed back in Albest county. No. Not yet. He continued until he reached the tower. The start.
Perlot Everburn

Linwelin
The Forlorn
Gamer

? Reply #23 on: February 05, 2011, 12:48:56 pm ?
Calling for a Spot and Listen check(s) now that Arian has entered
Spot: [1d20+7] 11 = 11 + 7 = 18
Listen: [1d20+7] 4 = 4 + 7 = 11
Uthaal Na?lo

Throndir
John Mathieu Sore?o
Administrator
Ancient

Gurren Brigade!

? Reply #24 on: February 05, 2011, 12:55:38 pm ?
Uthaal
With the creaky door being ajar, there was no other sound except the light-footed steps of someone entering the tower. You turn to see a hooded figure stand in the doorway. You immediately notice the silver and red trimmed bag he carried at his belt.
Inventory
Quote of the Week:

~DNDREMIX

Ella ?
anime | manga | website
Hasabushi
Rustic Legend
Administrator

Low Fiber Diet

? Reply #25 on: February 05, 2011, 12:59:48 pm ?
Question: About how big is this room and how high is the next level up via the stairs?

Throndir
John Mathieu Sore?o
Administrator
Ancient

Gurren Brigade!

? Reply #26 on: February 05, 2011, 01:23:36 pm ?
Tebastion
The tower is cylindrical, 20 feet in diameter. Rubble is strewn across the floor. If there was once furniture it was all either stolen or destroyed. A set of spiral wooden stairs lead up to the next floor up, about 6 feet in diameter; the floor above being about 20 feet high.

The wooden staircase cannot support much weight. The wood looks rotten and some parts have already given way. Though it may still be able to hold some weight.
? Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 04:24:30 pm by Throndir ?    Logged
Inventory
Quote of the Week:

~DNDREMIX

Ella ?
anime | manga | website
Linwelin
The Forlorn
Gamer

? Reply #27 on: February 05, 2011, 01:50:49 pm ?
Uthaal is startled by the figure at first, but noting the bag at his waist is relieved. "And another joins us. I must admit you surprised me, why did you not announce yourself? Surely you've heard us speaking."
Uthaal Na?lo

Hasabushi
Rustic Legend
Administrator

Low Fiber Diet

? Reply #28 on: February 05, 2011, 03:12:21 pm ?
Tebastion stared at the staircase that led up, his sensitive hearing detecting a noise as a door creaked, instinctively his hand went for his scabbard as he spun around, though it was the druid who reacted the quickest posing a query at the newcomer. Leaving the questions in the hands of Uthaal, the Paladin tested the lowest step of the stairway, it creaked loudly as he placed a small portion of his weight upon his hoof, then cracked as he attempted to press forward. It snapped under his weight like a twig underfoot. Quickly he drew his hoof back and smiled sheepishly.

"Perhaps this is not a journey that I should take, methinks someone of lighter caliber should perhaps take the journey ahead?"

Action: cast detect evil, spot and listen checks

Throndir
John Mathieu Sore?o
Administrator
Ancient

Gurren Brigade!

? Reply #29 on: February 05, 2011, 03:31:41 pm ?
Tebastion
Detect Evil
Listen check: [1d20+7] 19 = 19 + 7 = 26
Spot check: [1d20+5] 20 = 20 + 5 = 25

Tebastion
There seems to be nothing evil in the immediate area.

You hear clearly that someone is shuffling about. Though it was hardly audible you can make out the small creaking sounds from light-footed steps above. As you peer up to the second floor, you see what looks to be a silhouette of a figure outlined on the wall. As for the person or creature itself however, one would have to go up the stairs to find out who or what is up there.

[END PAGE 2]

Hasabushi

[PAGE 3]
Can I get a better look at Arian to recognize he's a Drow? Idk what check that would be, Spot?
Uthaal Na?lo

Throndir
John Mathieu Sore?o
Administrator
Ancient

Gurren Brigade!

? Reply #31 on: February 05, 2011, 04:18:47 pm ?
I suppose?
Uthaal
Spot check (take 20, focused on hooded figure): 20 + 7 = 27

As you look at the figure closer, even though his hood was down you were able to notice the color of his skin; It was almost ebony black. Though his eyes were shaded from the hood, you saw a tint of red in his eyes. You recognize the ranger to be a Dark Elf.

To keep with the setting, refer to dark elves as dark elves and not drow. (We're in Elodria, and not Forgotten Realms).
Inventory
Quote of the Week:

~DNDREMIX

Ella ?
anime | manga | website
Linwelin
The Forlorn
Gamer

? Reply #32 on: February 05, 2011, 05:40:58 pm ?
Dark elves it is.

Uthaal speaks in a lowered voice as he walks up to greet Arian, so only he can hear. "Now I see why you're so covered...well, I'm not one to judge. Just as there is some evil within well reputed races, there is some good in ones of ill repute. I certainly am not one to judge. Welcome, sir...?" Uthaal offers his hand in greeting.
Uthaal Na?lo

DNDREMIX
Destroyer of Doughnuts
Administrator
Legend

? Reply #33 on: February 05, 2011, 06:33:16 pm ?
Arian nods at the greeting and shakes Uthaal's hand.

"I for one, am of the opinion that ethics is more about one's personality than their race.  I am Arian, the hunter of man, and I am pleased to make your acquaitance.  As for why I didn't speak earlier, you seemed to be having such a lovely conversation and I'm not one to interrupt.  Now, whatever is that scuffling sound?"
Arian Swiftblade

CantTouchThis

? Reply #34 on: February 05, 2011, 06:37:32 pm ?
[Ah, again, I apologize for not posting often, I was fairly busy]

"My name is Lyle Freehill, Mister Uthaal," Lyle stood up, saying this. "As to you, mister Centaur, I seem to be the smallest one here, I'll go up the stairs," without another word, Lyle stepped on the first step... -and waits for DM to say what happens-

[Oh yeah, Throndir, if I seem to fall behind too far, you have permission to control my character.]
Lyle Freehill
Throndir
John Mathieu Sore?o
Administrator
Ancient

Gurren Brigade!

? Reply #35 on: February 05, 2011, 06:47:50 pm ?
Lyle
Stepping lightly, you sighed in relief as the stairs didn't give way like it did for the centaur. The staircase before you may have some weak points, and it would be wise to search for any weaker segments of the stairs before continuing.

Was that *way* to obvious? Or should I have left things like that out for next time?
Inventory
Quote of the Week:

~DNDREMIX

Ella ?
anime | manga | website
CantTouchThis

? Reply #36 on: February 05, 2011, 07:02:18 pm ?
[I like the obvious-ness, by the way, I'm just gonna use brackets instead of quotes]

Lyle breathed a sigh of relief, eyeing the other steps cautiously.

[Spot check, pleeeease]
Lyle Freehill
Throndir
John Mathieu Sore?o
Administrator
Ancient

Gurren Brigade!

? Reply #37 on: February 05, 2011, 07:10:46 pm ?
Lyle
Search check specifically. Spot check is used to see people hiding. Search is used to look at things in the area. Search is also used to find traps so know it well. For a list of your actions/skills, you can take a look at the character sheet. It's good basis.  (But I can always extract from what you do in freeform to D&D)
Search check: [1d20+4] 6 = 6 + 4 = 10

Lyle
There were a few segments you noticed were more rotten than the surrounding area. You deftly avoided them, stepping lightly as you climbed the frail stairs. The second floor is within reach.
Inventory
Quote of the Week:

~DNDREMIX

Ella ?
anime | manga | website
CantTouchThis

? Reply #38 on: February 05, 2011, 07:19:26 pm ?
Seeing that the second floor is almost there, Lyle eagerly climbed each stair a bit faster, avoiding the ones he knows will give way. Having reached the second floor, he turned around towards the steps, he guessed that the stairs could take [how much weight] and turned around, [seeing whatever the DM wants me to see]
Lyle Freehill
Throndir
John Mathieu Sore?o
Administrator
Ancient

Gurren Brigade!

? Reply #39 on: February 05, 2011, 07:47:02 pm ?
Experience, Passed Stairs, CR 1
Tebastion: +50
Lyle: +50
Uthaal: +50
Arian: +50
Rasilope: +50
Perlot: +50

Lyle
That would be your character's weight. And that would be the following (Don't worry you'll get the hang of it soon):
Spot check:[1d20+4] 15 = 15 + 4 = 19
Listen check: [1d20+8] 15 = 15 + 8 = 23

Lyle
You see another halfing, though unlike you, he was garbed in long robes. You notice the silver bag tied to his belt. Though before that you notice the halfing holding a dagger out. His eyes both terrified and almost fearful. Before you can act he charged towards you.

Halfing
Bull Rush Charge

Lyle
Attack of opportunity (unarmed): [1d20+2] 8 = 8 + 2 = 10
Missed

Halfing
Charge (strength check): [1d20] 16 = 16

Lyle
Resist charge (strength check): [1d20+1] 13 = 13 + 1 = 14

The halfing charges at you, pushing you back against the frail stairs. You realize the mistake only after the stairs started giving away. You heard an audible crack as the structure proceeded to fall with you and the other halfing along with it.

? Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 08:01:44 pm by Throndir ?    Logged
Inventory
Quote of the Week:

~DNDREMIX

Ella ?
anime | manga | website
DNDREMIX
Destroyer of Doughnuts
Administrator
Legend

? Reply #40 on: February 05, 2011, 07:54:13 pm ?
Acting quickly, Arian rushes forward and attempts to catch the falling companion.

Pure Dexterity check?
Arian Swiftblade

Throndir
John Mathieu Sore?o
Administrator
Ancient

Gurren Brigade!

? Reply #41 on: February 05, 2011, 08:08:16 pm ?
Arian
Catch (dexterity check): [1d20+5] 11 = 11 + 5 = 16
Success

Halfing
Damage: [1d4] 2 = 2
Hitpoints: 3/5

Arian
Your quick action saved the halfing rogue from receiving any harm. The other halfing however, was much more injured from the fall. He quickly tried to get up, brushing the debris off of him, though you notice his injuries caused him to flinch as he did so. He glared at the newcomers and especially looked to the dark elf and centaur as he positioned his dagger in front of him.
Inventory
Quote of the Week:

~DNDREMIX

Ella ?
anime | manga | website
Throndir
John Mathieu Sore?o
Administrator
Ancient

Gurren Brigade!

? Reply #42 on: February 05, 2011, 08:27:22 pm ?
I realize a mistake I just did. I should have noted that an attack of opportunity was available to Lyle, then let him roll, (same with the resist charge strength check). That way he would be able to roleplay it out. My bad CantTouchThis. D: I'll note it for next time.
Inventory
Quote of the Week:

~DNDREMIX

Ella ?
anime | manga | website
Sanias
Average Joe
General Chat Moderator
Hero

Epicness: +19/-2

? Reply #43 on: February 05, 2011, 08:40:47 pm ?
Upon nearing the Tower grounds, Perlot noticed an elf sitting on top of what appeared to be a makeshift chair made of stone. His sharp eyes detected the belt bag that deduced he was a member of the Silver Arms. By habit, his hand went to his axe handle as he scanned the surrounding area, including that disheveled mess standing high against the crisp morning. "Hello friend."
Perlot Everburn

Throndir
John Mathieu Sore?o
Administrator
Ancient

Gurren Brigade!

? Reply #44 on: February 05, 2011, 08:47:38 pm ?
Perlot
Spot check: [1d20+1] 11 = 11 + 1 = 12
Listen check: [1d20+5] 17 = 17 + 5 = 22

Perlot
You see an elf sitting on his makeshift chair. He seems to be meditating, or at least his eyes were closed while his hands were neatly folded on his lap. Cross-legged, and armored with a set of scale mail, he looked out of place. You notice the array of weapons he had on his side and conclude that he was some sort of cleric or fighter. You realized perhaps he was one of the comrades you were sent to meet.

Your prompting came with no response as the elf proceeded to ignore you. That, or perhaps he was simply meditating too much.

Your sharp ears picked out what seemed to be a crash, or something falling from within the tower. If the elven cleric showed any signs of noticing it, he hid it well.

[END PAGE 3]