Current Player Nations

Started by Emperor Wilbers, September 01, 2012, 11:21:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emperor Wilbers

We have 4 nations, including mine, I'd like at least one more!

Emperor Wilbers

MOD

I am implementing a system similar to that of Sid Meier's Civilization. In those games the starting "turns" are a bit longer, and as time advances the turns get smaller, because nations develop more things in a smaller time span, making it more realistic. I am just going to decide how long the time spans are when we get to that point. Starting off, however, the first 200 years is a turn, and a turn is every 2 days, so 2 days=200 years. The game will be started soon.

Emperor Wilbers

In The Beginning...
Hunter-Gatherer nomads migrated aimlessly around Prehistorical Earth. They filled every corner of Eurasia, Indo-China, Oceania, Europe, Asia, and Africa. During the Ice Age these nomads migrated across the Bering Strait, and filled in what is now known as the Americas.

Hunting and Gathering lifestyles are difficult and time consuming. They were no way to start a family. After century's of this way of life humans across the Earth found Agriculture, one of the first technologies ever, if not the first. People began to settle down and start family's. After that point Earth's population spiked. People could now have time on their hands, but there was a problem to this new way of life.

There were still people who had not advanced, and had stayed with the Barbarian lifestyle. Farmers faced frequent raids and lost there crops. This forced people together for protection, and essentially, started village life. Pottery, Weaving, the Wheel, and many more technologies were found. Cities, religions, and social class developed. Civilizations started such as Sumeria, and Egypt. You are born into leadership of one of these great Civilizations. Will you lead your nation to great prosperity and fortune? Will you build a civilization that stands the test of time?

Emperor Wilbers

The Bronze Age

All info for this era (I don't want to manually type it all, lol): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/4th_millennium_BC

I would like everybody to at least skim this article. It is quite interesting. Learn about that period, the religions, the languages, writing, and other things. Establish the basics of your nation so that you may customize the game to your liking.

Starting Time: 4000 BCE

Starting Population: 7 Million

Estimated Population by 3000 BCE: 14 Million

Starting NPCs: Egypt, Sumeria, Indus River Valley Civilization (Forgot the name if there even is one, lol.), China, Aztec Empire.

Notice that I put "BCE." This means Before Common Era and Common Era. I would like all dates to contain either CE, or BCE. Common Era, btw. Note, that world events will occur and WILL effect you most of the time.

Emperor Wilbers

I'm changing it to 1 day equals 50 years, or 2 days is 100 years. The official start was at 12:00 PM last night. So, it's been like 30 years or something, and nothing has happened. Do something! I'll start off with some events to get stuff stirring.

Central America- A hurricane starts to form off the coast of Mexico. It heads towards it and is aimed to hit soon. You can't know the details of the hurricane because that is all up to me, because people then don't know when it is coming or how to classify it's strength until it actually hits.

Africa- Droughts are starting to be seen in Northern, Eastern, and Central Africa. Temperatures rise up to 115 degrees Fahrenheit on some days, and it is mostly dry air. As a result, people throughout the continent start to get Heat Strokes, which are fatal if not attended to. If situation is not addressed then people will start dying.

Mundus Dominarum- Riots occur because the crime rates are rising too drastically. Crime rates are too frequent and are depressing on the economy.

I also want to say that I am an Admin Nation, so events won't affect me, unless I want them to so it evens the odds.

Emperor Wilbers

Aztec Empire

Our scouts have recently found another people, other than ours. They have told me that this nation is, interesting. We will not form any decisions about these aliens until we know them better. We propose to host a feast with them in coming time. We hope that they don't refuse.

Throndir

The People of Portas

Our people have just been barely able to survive the latest of the hot and burning sun. Though it is true we are traveling in more arid-places in our land, it is a surprise that the heat is this strong. The Sun gods must be angry, or perhaps they have driven away the gods of protection and the gods of wind, water, and rain for the sun to come in its full and amazing glory.

We have begun to take measures. I have directed our tribesmen to find any caves that lead to underground as shelter, while we make our way westwards where we know lies a great vast sea of water. We have not visited that area for many generations, but with what our ancestors have told us, it is a place where the gods of wind rule unhindered. With the wind comes the water of the air. With that we may be able to combat this latest predicament.

For now we travel westwards. Searching for caves that we may find shelter, and doing our best to simply survive.

Not since before my forefathers did we see any of these conditions. The council agrees with my plan, and I hope that our actions are enough, and the gods be willing to let my nation survive another few summers.

-Kitan II, Tribal Leader of the Portans

Emperor Wilbers

I'm changing this so that I may advance the game however many years I desire when I darn well please.

Hasabushi

Nation: Sombiwherea
Ruler: Emperor Udi Hasabushi
Government: Totalitarianism
Other Info: A nation of crazed radicals who worship the aged Uta Cumba (god and King), his people will stop at nothing to bring
            "honor" to their god.The Sombiwhereas are no strangers to war or peace, they are an odd people who
             could appear neutral one moment then suddenly turn hostile for no apparent reason. Visiting ambassadors
             believe it to be "something in the water".

Klonam

The people of Opidenjuana have found use in round wood thing's called wheels and use them to help carry produce around. We have build a rudimentary centre of the settlement from sticks and straw, our people go there to find out news.

Hasabushi

Emperor Udi Hasabushi spoke loudly to the people, "The Great Uta Cumba has thus called forth the building of a mighty monument to bring honor to the Great Uta Cumba" The people have now dedicated all of their resources to building a great monument, the implements that have been developed are those of war, a weapon known as a club is invented, much bashing takes place and the people rejoice. The people settle in lower asia and take over any small settlments that are defenseless nearby.

Inventions: Wooden Club, slingshot (stones), construction - monument (wood and stubble)
Wealth: impoverished.

Klonam

A farmer was going along the rows of crops when he tripped over a long stick with a pointy edge out of it, the farmer has died now from blood loss. On the plus side we have a new way of defending ourselves, we call it a spear. We also expanded the Centrip and it now has a room for the King and his family.