Current Player Nations

Started by Emperor Wilbers, September 01, 2012, 11:21:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emperor Wilbers

This is an RP that I am setting up to help promote activity and just to have fun! It is a simple game, but it is fun because you can be creative. Basically, you and your followers will start out on Earth with nothing. You will populate the world. You can do ANYTHING with your new country along the lines of realism. You may sign treaties, make pacts, start wars, spread your country, or even run out in the streets naked creating quite the spectacle. Be creative, and let's see how things turn out. This particular RP will start out in the ancient world. Let's say along the lines of 2000-500 BCE or something, okay? You CAN'T have nukes, and if you are unsure about if they had something you wanted at that time then look it up! Reply with your country name, and info so I can add you. I want at least 4 or 5 people.

Current Nations

Nation: Natacongrago
Ruler: Emperor Wilbers
Government: Monarchy
Other Info:  Natacongrago is a peaceful nation geared towards bringing peace and prosperity through advancements economically and culturally.

Nation: Opidejuana
Ruler: King Klonam XIV
Other Info:  Opidenjuana is renowned for it's horticulture and is a technically advanced nation when it comes to food and crops etc.

Nation: Mundus Dominarum
Ruler: lightspeed15
Government: Dictatorship
Location: Russia area (Eastern Asia including russia and china)
Other Info:  Mundus Dominarum is Latin for World of Ladies. In M.D. women are held in very high regard. Prostitution is not frowned upon in the Nation, something the ruler is attempting to change. M.D. is overall a VERY dark nation with crime very apparent. M.D.'s large population makes up for the many murders and suicides that occur. The army is unruly, though it's numbers are large. Economically, they are average, though they have a large amount of poverty-stricken citizens. They are more industrialist and focus on creating weapons of destruction. So far, they've created a dual-stick, with sharpened ends on both sides. (YEAH!) They were the first to incorporate fire into battle. The Nation is home to very resources with Russia being home to the leading timber reserves, as second with coal deposits, and third with gold reserves.

The people of M.D. have distinctive features. They are usually found to have blonde/brown hair, with sharp faces and brown and blue eyes. They are found to wear fur coats in the cold, and fur vests at all other times. They're eyes are normal size. They have broad shoulders and are generally very well built individuals, very athletic. 

Religion is existent with the people believing that one God hovers above them, watching and judging them based on their every move. The religion is called, Clatratism. The religion is taught by preachers.

Nation: Portas
Ruler: Throndir
Government: Theocracy. They are run by 8 "divinely chosen" officials. A ceremony is performed in order to determine who the next in line official is, but only after the death of a previous official.
Other Info: The people of Portas are a nomadic people, though, large in number, they travel the continent (of Africa in real life) to survive. Due to the many different conditions they have to travel through such as dry arid deserts and lush deep jungles, Portans have a keen ability and natural instinct when it comes to survival in different climates and environments. Likewise, they are excellent hunters and foragers, many of them being able to distinguish what things in the environment are useful or edible and which things are not. Knowledge is passed down orally, where all the younger Portans are given a set of different "Life Guides", which impart to them the knowledge that each knows. Due to their traveling, many times they encounter other hostile peoples, with which they have learned to readily adapt and defend themselves if necessary. At the time, the society is male-driven.

Klonam

Other Info:  Opidenjuana is renowned for it's horticulture and is a technically advanced nation when it comes to food and crops etc.

Do I pit what tech I want here?

Emperor Wilbers

Quote from: Klonam on September 02, 2012, 12:26:32 AM

Added. If I understand you correctly then this is the answer: Everyone has the same technology. No one will be more advanced in technology. It all depends on how you play the game. I also forgot to mention that I will be the "Dungeon Master" dude. I am MOTHER NATURE! I will create events in responses to your actions that can be either good, or bad. This is to make it more realistic. All posts must be In Character. If you want it to be Out Of Character then start the post with or to the side put "OOC:"

Emperor Wilbers

Quote from: Klonam on September 02, 2012, 12:26:32 AM

Also, where would you like your nation to start?

Klonam

Somehow I missed the location *facepalm*.

Emperor Wilbers

Lol, actually I added it in. Which part of it? Do you realize that Latin America extends from Mexico to the tip of South America? lol

Klonam

Quote from: Emperor Wilbers on September 02, 2012, 12:55:08 AM
Lol, actually I added it in. Which part of it? Do you realize that Latin America extends from Mexico to the tip of South America? lol

Bottom of Mexico around the coastal area

lightspeed15

Other Info:  Mundus Dominarum is Latin for World of Ladies. In M.D. women are held in very high regard. Prostitution is not frowned upon in the Nation, something the ruler is attempting to change. M.D. is overall a VERY dark nation with crime very apparent. M.D.'s large population makes up for the many murders and suicides that occur. The army is unruly, though it's numbers are large. Economically, they are average, though they have a large amount of poverty-stricken citizens. They are more industrialist and focus on creating weapons of destruction. So far, they've created a dual-stick, with sharpened ends on both sides. (YEAH!) They were the first to incorporate fire into battle. The Nation is home to very resources with Russia being home to the leading timber reserves, as second with coal deposits, and third with gold reserves.

The people of M.D. have distinctive features. They are usually found to have blonde/brown hair, with sharp faces and brown and blue eyes. They are found to wear fur coats in the cold, and fur vests at all other times. They're eyes are normal size. They have broad shoulders and are generally very well built individuals, very athletic. 

Religion is existent with the people believing that one God hovers above them, watching and judging them based on their every move. The religion is called, Clatratism. The religion is taught by preachers.

(I'll add more later and also change the name lol)

Emperor Wilbers

Quote from: lightspeed15 on September 03, 2012, 09:22:37 AM

(I'll add more later and also change the name lol)

Hmm, I'm pretty sure there wasn't prostitution then, but okay, I'll take it.

Emperor Wilbers

MOD

From now on this will be taken into effect. You will play as usual, but, at some point in time, I will "advance the technology" however many years to change up the game. I realize that we are a bit inactive (and hopefully this will turn around soon) so I am making two days in RL equal to 1 month in game.

I just found a big flaw in my plan. -_-  How are nations supposed to communicate across oceans? Well, I am officially changing the era to Modern Era, so yeah. It should be easier this way anyways. LS, make a new "Other Info:" thing, lol.

Emperor Wilbers

MOD

I would also like to announce that I am adding in NPCs. I will control their actions and there actions effect you, so it will make the game better.

lightspeed15

Damn son, with all these consecutive posts. o_o

Lol, but once we get a bunch of members we shouldn't allow doubleposting (thats what EDIT is for :))

I'll change it when I get time. School has me way to busy. Tests n shit

Emperor Wilbers

Quote from: lightspeed15 on September 04, 2012, 05:50:56 PM
Damn son, with all these consecutive posts. o_o

Lol, but once we get a bunch of members we shouldn't allow doubleposting (thats what EDIT is for :))

I'll change it when I get time. School has me way to busy. Tests n crap

lol, that is what will happen. No one can double post/do actions without another person replying.

Throndir

You can leave it in the prehistoric era, my input is to have, rather than a set number of days being a set timespan, (like two days is a month), make it so you make a "turn", and a turn is say a decade, or a century. Then you just comment on what happens to each nation. After a hundred years, you can say what technologies that nation invented, and etc. This way the game can progress faster, and it won't take all thaaat long to reach modern age from something like 2000 BCE (20 turns to get to 0 BCE, then like another 20 turns to get to Modern age).

If you keep it to modern age, and only have monthly changes I would think it might end up slow perhaps. Dunno, but looking at real life, does 12 turns equate to a year's worth of happenings?

Anyways up to you just my take on things. XD

Portas
Government: Theocracy. They are run by 8 "divinely chosen" officials. A ceremony is performed in order to determine who the next in line official is, but only after the death of a previous official.
Other Info: The people of Portas are a nomadic people, though, large in number, they travel the continent (of Africa in real life) to survive. Due to the many different conditions they have to travel through such as dry arid deserts and lush deep jungles, Portans have a keen ability and natural instinct when it comes to survival in different climates and environments. Likewise, they are excellent hunters and foragers, many of them being able to distinguish what things in the environment are useful or edible and which things are not. Knowledge is passed down orally, where all the younger Portans are given a set of different "Life Guides", which impart to them the knowledge that each knows. Due to their traveling, many times they encounter other hostile peoples, with which they have learned to readily adapt and defend themselves if necessary. At the time, the society is male-driven.

If it becomes a modern setting I want to rewrite this, lol.

Emperor Wilbers

Quote from: Throndir on September 05, 2012, 08:46:59 AM
You can leave it in the prehistoric era, my input is to have, rather than a set number of days being a set timespan, (like two days is a month), make it so you make a "turn", and a turn is say a decade, or a century. Then you just comment on what happens to each nation. After a hundred years, you can say what technologies that nation invented, and etc. This way the game can progress faster, and it won't take all thaaat long to reach modern age from something like 2000 BCE (20 turns to get to 0 BCE, then like another 20 turns to get to Modern age).

If you keep it to modern age, and only have monthly changes I would think it might end up slow perhaps. Dunno, but looking at real life, does 12 turns equate to a year's worth of happenings?

Anyways up to you just my take on things. XD

Portas

If it becomes a modern setting I want to rewrite this, lol.

Ooh, nomads!

Hmm, I like that idea. There will be turns. And at the end of each turn I will announce what happens and stuff like that, but, the nations will be able to more than just a turn's worth, a lot can happen in 100 years, you know. So, let's make it, 1 day/turn, or maybe, to start out we will have 2 days/turn, turn/100 years, so we can get to the hang of things. Alright, I'll add your country