Chapter 1: Uninvited Guests

Started by Throndir, May 10, 2012, 08:23:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linwelin

Sebastian sees Eugene's wounds for the first time when he enters the room, starting to piece together what's happened.

QuoteReggie: "My God man, what the hell happened?"

"I...I saw someting...human-like, but definitely not human...I feel it is ze source of ze chaos. It may be vat did zat to Eugene." He pauses, wandering toward the windows again, peering out to watch if that thing was approaching. "Ve need to secure ze building. I don't know vat zat ting is capable of."

QuoteJared: "Look at him Sebastion. We have enough to worry about."

"Ve do not have ze time for etiquette. I am upholting my pride by protecting this estate. Ve are all in danger. I know vat I saw." He changes to a quieter, but sharp tone, "You know me vell enough to know I don't panic over nothing."
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Throndir

Tuesday Evening
December 2, 1980
10:38 PM

[spoiler]Sebastion, I see an inherent diplomacy or intimidate check in there, roll one? (Still deciding if I should leave inherent rolls to the player still, or if I should go ahead and do it). Well, because things are fast-paced now I'll let players roll. When things become slower, I'll start doing rolls myself.

CharacterStatusFreeform ExpExperienceAP Points LeftItems UsedNotes
SebastionCold and wet?0/10006
NoelleWet00/10006
Reginald?0/10006Medical Kit (1)

[/spoiler]

Linwelin

[spoiler]Haha, right, I haven't done a diplomacy check for a while, forgot about that XD[/spoiler]

[blockquote]Diplomacy check: 1d20 : 2, total 2[/blockquote]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Throndir

Tuesday Evening
December 2, 1980
10:38 PM

"Yes Sebastion I do, which is why I find this even more upsetting." The head butler spoke calmly but everyone could tell that his voice had an icy tone to it. "Regardless, there is no reason to bring weapons into the equation. That, as my command as the Head Butler of the Jameson Estate is final."

Linwelin

He looks at Jared blankly, as though it should be clear as day that this is important, he holds back his words, knowing an argument would be the opposite of what he wanted. Only a fool does not take such tings to heart, Jared. Do not prove yourself to be a fool. "I apologize, ze veather may have gotten to me. If you'll excuse me, I shall retire to my private quarters to rest." He bows to the room. "Good evening."

As he leaves the room, he mutters under his breath, "Please stay safe..."

Upon reaching his room, he retrieves his personal Colt M1911, donning it's underarm holster beneath his suit and loading the pistol. He mutters to himself, "I von't panic, but I von't be unprepared eizer." He retrieves a few spare magazines, fitting them in the slots along the holster's strap. "Zis place is too important to me to leave unprotected."

[spoiler]Now carrying a Colt M1911, 4 7 round magazines. So 28 shots total

And just so you know, I did some research. This is most likely the handgun I would have left over from UK military service in the 1960s. That's how I acquired the gun.[/spoiler]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Yas!

Reggie seemed almost to wince as he fumbled with the light. Something had incredibly upset him, and in a moment it was obvious that there was good reason.

Steelna hesitantly looked out the window, there was no mistaking a gunshot. From the west wing it was difficult to see the gate, but it was clear there was a lot of commotion. She watched intently as figures moved back and forth through the rain, at this distance it was hard to tell who was there. She sat back down, exasperated, and watched as Reggie looked over Darline. Not long after, Sophie crashed into the room looking unusually disheveled.

Quote"Doctor!" Sophie exclaimed upon reaching Darline's room. "Eugene is hurt..." She quickly explained. "I'm not sure exactly what happened, but, he's bleeding...Noelle suggested all mansion staff go to the main entrance hall, which is also where Eugene is."

Listening carefully

Quote"Steelna, maybe you could stay with Darline..?"

There was no time to respond, Sophie and Reggie bolted from the room to help Sebastion. She had not really spoken with the boy, but he had always been a stable and ready hand. She hoped he was ok.

This was all so unheard of at the mansion, feeling slightly panicked Steelna motioned for Gii to come nearer. "You must go to the basement and retrieve my knives", they are in the trunk, it's a bit heavy, and you'll need my key. They both are in my room, take this flashlight too." She smiled as Giinora nodded and began to walk away. "GII! Grab my smokes too, and don't dawdle!"

Yas!

[spoiler]I'm just going to call Gii a male XP[/spoiler]

Giinora was nervous as he made his way through the maze of corridors and rooms. What he really wanted to do was make his way to the entrance hall, but that would have to wait. Trying to remember where he was he begins to backtrack.

Let's see, I went forward, took a left, and passed the stairs leading to the second floor. Which means I need to take another right and go down the stairs.

This all was logical thinking, and Gii was sure he had the directions right, but there hadn't yet been enough time to familiarize himself with the whole outlay of the mansion.

Just as he rounded the corner the lights flickered and went out.

Giinora stumbled and quickly grabbed for the flashlight at his belt, it wasn't easy with the gloves that Steelna made him, but they were made well enough that it wasn't too difficult either. He flashed around the hall, and knew he was lost... Or at least thought he was.

Throndir

[spoiler]Can I please ask people to keep track of their own inventory items? Just edit your character sheet in the inventory section. I'd do it myself but with all the RPs it takes too much time.

You can choose to be part of the gathering or somewhere else in the mansion. To make life simple for me, I'm just going to include everyone's portrait in the post. I'm leaving out Steelna and Gii and the Yuliet, assuming that Yuliet's still bed-ridden and Steelna is with her. As well as Aurkas Wright, since he hasn't posted his bio yet and I have no idea what his background is (or if he should be in the mansion at this time).[/spoiler]

Tuesday Evening
December 2, 1980
10:40 PM

Waiting for the rest of the mansion staff didn't take too long. After all, the ringing of gunshots still echoed in their minds, and at least those who have heard and seen, they were worried at what happened with Eugene, the servant boy. Altogether, most of the mansion staff, save for the others that lived off-site, gathered. Each of them worried, though there were some who had been wakened from their sleep. You notice that the head butler had a stoic face and you can tell that he didn't quite wholly approve of disrupting everyone's sleep and slumber. There had been some conversations going on, as some rumors spread, but mostly everyone stared and worried over Eugene. It wasn't long until the head butler spoke.

"It is to my understanding..." He said. "That Eugene was attacked on his way back towards the premises. Likely, there were some hooligans out tonight shooting their weapons. I advise that tomorrow we limit our excursions outside. Including any shopping, visiting, or wandering outside the gates."

Hasabushi

The Dr. cleared his throat after Jared stopped speaking, he raised his hand but realized that there was no point to it, as his mouth didn't follow suit with protocol. Jared had often gotten after him about his lack of etiquette, but Reggie quickly realized at a young age that he could care less about such things. He still had his doctors bag in hand and some of Eugene's blood covered both it and the tips of Reg's fingers, at this point and time he didn't give a crap about Jared's little meetings.

All he knew was that a young boy had lost a lot of blood and if didn't get help soon, he would probably not survive the night. He clutched his fist tightly, his hand was still raised and he wasn't going to let this one die, not like the others... no he wouldn't let it happen, this time he was ready to do whatever it took, he wasn't sheepish any more. He was bold, probably too bold for his own good.. Only time would tell. For now he had to say something and he had to say something now.
"I don't care about this storm or the fact that hooligans may be in town, the only thing I give a flying flip about is that boy laying on that couch bleeding to death... I 've sutured his wounds, but I don't understand why he seems to be getting worse. I think he has lost a lot of blood and I need someone to help me get him into town, storm or no storm!!", Reggie could feel the neck hairs on the back of his neck standing on end, he was angry, very angry.

Throndir

Tuesday Evening
December 2, 1980
10:41 PM

His grey eyes flashed dangerously, though the head butler bit back his response as he gazed towards Eugene, the injured servant boy, his visage softening as he did so. A moment later the steadfast head butler looked Dr. Reginald straight in the eye, his eyes holding the image of the doctor and the wounded boy steady.

"Are you able to keep him stable through the night?" The question was a simple one, and it was hard to tell whether the head butler asked out of concern or pragmatism. His motivations however were cleared in his next statement. "I will not risk another one of the Jameson staff with hooligans running around with their guns. Law enforcement will handle the situation soon enough. But..." He paused. "Only if Eugene's condition will be stable for tonight."

Eireleen

"If we must make an excursion into the city, I will volunteer to accompany Doctor Hughes." Noelle speaks up with a steady and determined voice...maybe a little too determined. It is not out of the ordinary for her to be composed, but it seems like she's putting a little more strength in her voice than really needs to be there. It's difficult to tell if it's because she wants to help keep everyone calm, or if she's attempting to hide her own insecurity. "Normally, my duty would be to guard Desmond and Diana Jameson. But as they are currently away, I believe my task can be delegated to whomever requires me."

Inwardly, her mind is in turmoil. She thought that she had a handle on the situation up until now. Eugene having been accosted, and perhaps injured by unsavory individuals was a sound explanation. But Sebastian had said...there was something...human-like, but not human...

She had seen something like that, five years ago...

...Or had she?

She had to see for herself. If what Sebastian said was true...were those things really here, right now...?

She stands at the ready, her stoic face hiding her worries and fears. She can't allow herself to lose composure. Her job requires her to think objectively at all times. The probability that...those...were in the city now...is low. But it isn't zero. Even if it turns out to be false, however, she still has to be there to protect Dr. Hughes from whoever is firing those guns. Though Jared refuses to open the weapons locker, her own firearm is owned by her in full, not as the property of the Jamesons. Jared likely knows that she has it on her right now, she always does. They had a bit of an argument about it when she was first hired. So far, she hadn't ever had to use it. She hoped that it would stay that way through the night, but at this point, she was far from counting on it.

Hasabushi

Reggie bit his lip... hard, almost hard enough to make it bleed. He listened as Jared responded to what was, quite literally a violent outburst.
"Are you able to keep him stable through the night?"

The Doctor was suprised by the head butlers calm response it wasn't what he had expected at all, he swallowed hard, a feeling of stupidity and trepidation overwhelming him. "You're a idiot Mr. high and mighty MD..", Reggie felt it again. It had been awhile, the doctor had told him that it wouldn't return, but as Reggie knew full well; doctors were not always right. "Shut up!", he said inside his head trying to quite the voice.

"Is that the best you can do, your a fool! Mother knew it daddy knew it!! No matter what you do you are going to fail you stupid moron!!", the voice roared.

"No I don't care you can't control, me... I'm not listening...", Reggie returned in his mind the feelings of inadequacy seeming to surround him on all sides. He looked at Jared's face, a stern look it was, with a smidgen of concern.

"Your going to fail, you big stupid fat-head, just like you did with...", the voice teased.

"No shut up!! I'm not listening! I'm NOT LISTENING!!", Reggie could feel the fear creeping back on him again, the memories of that fateful night. It began to try and play like a movie just being started at the cinema, the sounds of the audience as they situated themselves in their seat and conversed among themselves, the smells of popcorn and spilled soft drinks. He physically shook his head to try and clear the images and miraculously... they left, at least they did this time.

"I...I...don't think he will make it through the night, his blood pressure is nearly non-existent and we don't have any re cords of his blood type to do a transfusion.. plus the bites, I'm not sure what bit him, but we can't take the chance of him having contracted rabies or something worse."

A woman in her mid forties entered from the side room where Eugene was being watched over, her long green colored nurses uniform fitting her rather lithe but firm looking figure."I can concur with that Jared, the boy is very ill... I just checked on him and his temperature is going up again. This is very serious and not something we can handle ourselves, not to mention the boy is not even conscious." Constance Nolland Georgetown, aka 'Nurse Noll' had always had a way of convincing Jared when something was serious, not matter how determined his stance was, she hoped more than usual that he would put down his stubborn pride, just this once. She took a step forward just enough to show she would not be intimidated and turned her head toward Reggie. He looked distraught and reasonably so...

[spoiler]Those who are looking at Reggie will notice that appears to be in physical discomfort, also his face has the look of someone very stressed and agitated.[/spoiler]

Throndir

Tuesday Evening
December 2, 1980
10:42 PM

His eyes flashed as he noticed Reggie's agitated appearance.

"It would not do the Jamesons well if there is any sort of unrest with their staff." Though he did not target anyone specifically in his statement, he gave the doctor an imposing stare. Soon enough though, his attention switched, the butler turned towards the nurse who had just spoken. He nodded as he began to fetch something within his pockets; it was a key ring. In a few heart beats after that he gave his directions.

"Constance. Get the stretcher. Doctor and Noelle, you will accompany her with Eugene to the hospital. Esmelda, try to call the hospital and let them know it's an emergency. Sophie, get Sebastion. I'd like to talk with him." As Nurse Noll nodded and left to get the stretcher, Jared quickly loosened one of the keys on his key-chain. In that same movement he tossed the key to Noelle.

"Noelle. Use the Ford. The butler said to Noelle, mentioning the Family's American vehicle that the servants had occasionally used.

"The rest of you... stay away from the windows tonight."

[spoiler]You may choose to have the nurse come back with the stretcher when you post. The car I referenced is the car in Noelle's character sheet.[/spoiler]

Eireleen

Noelle nodded in solemn acknowledgement, glancing over to Dr. Hughes. She was sure he had his own reasons for doing this as well. Adjusting her gloves, she began making her way to the door. There would be just enough room in the car. They could put Eugene in the backseat with Noelle and Dr. Hughes in the front.

"I will begin starting up the car, and await your arrival." She says, looking back to Dr. Hughes with as much encouragement as she could muster. She herself wasn't sure how this trip would play out. She wanted just as much as anyone else to save the boy's life, but...who could know what awaited them, down in the city?

Throndir

Tuesday Evening
December 2, 1980
10:43 PM

The phone's dials clicked and spun, and after finally having dialed the number to the hospital, Esmelda listened intently for any sign that the phones were working. She wasn't expecting much, as phone calls didn't work before, but an order was an order. Being the newest hire of the Jameson Estate, Esmelda knew that all the orders she received from the head butler was more about testing her than anything else.

You watch as Esmelda's eyes light up.

"It worked!" There were some others in the room who commented, and even one said that they should attempt to call the lord and lady. But moments after that, Esmelda quieted. "I'm not sure if it stopped working midway or if no one's picking up..." A few more moments after that and you see her shaking her head back towards the head butler; the phone's must still be down.

You see her quickly dialing again. But like before she shook her head.

It was then that Constance appeared, carrying what looked like a stretcher along with her. She made her way towards the doctor, and offered to help him move the boy.

[spoiler]Just for this time, Has can control the nurse in his post.[/spoiler]