[Fred] Chapter 10: The Crystal Temple

Started by Throndir, December 19, 2020, 07:41:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linwelin

[info]Rolling Sense Motive for Fred to possibly understand more deeply why she'd try to lock a Hero away from the world as a goddess' guardian/messenger. Is it pure selfishness, or is there a deeper desire that they could compromise over?
[blockquote]Sense Motive:  1d20+10 : 13 + 10, total 23[/blockquote][/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Linwelin

[info]Requested Int check
[blockquote]Intelligence:  1d20+2 : 2 + 2, total 4[/blockquote][/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Throndir

[info]Sense Motive: 23 | Intelligence: 4
You get the hunch that it is indeed selfisness on her part. With her keeping and preference for the name given to her by the goddess, surely she must have qualms with locking away a 'blessed' such as yourself. However, you get more of an impression that this winged creature is lonely. Lonely enough to override her own station as one who worships the goddess. With her having a taste of companionship from the story she had told, you get the feeling that she longs for that again. If there were to be a compromise of some sort, it would require having either a replacement for her yourself or a different way to solve her loneliness.[/info]

Linwelin

Fred looked sad hearing about the ruined city, and sadder still with the story of the refugees and Moongem's loneliness. "That's such a shame, that they all ended up in that state. But this place is pretty close to the cavern entrance, so I believe those that got away fropm the ruined city made it back to the surface. For all I know, some of my friends might be descendants. But why are you unable to leave this place? Is there something here that's so important to guard that you can't leave it for even a moment?"

"...Huh." Fred continues to stare at the door in disbelief, the large crystalline formations that'd formed making him realize exactly the kind of ability the little sprite before him had. He could only think one thing.

If I'm not careful with this woman, those could be around me...

Fred was on the verge of a cold sweat as he turned around to face his new friend once more. Perhaps he could stay a bit longer, and attempt helping sate this being's loneliness. He could certainly understand the thought behind it, having met the Ravens. Companionship was essential for certain kinds of joy. But as he was thinking about his companions in understanding, he also realized that by keeping him from the ravens, Moongem was forcing her own suffering on Fred instead of completely solving it. And the cold, almost manic desperation in her eyes seemed to confirm that. No, if I cave into her desire here, nothing will ever truly be solved.

Fred steeled himself for what he was about to do, knowing the consequences of failure. "Moonarianasoletteagem." He said sternly. "Even if I do live long compared to others, it wouldn't be forever. This isn't a solution. Wouldn't it be better to look for a more permanent way to gain companionship? Otherwise, going back to being alone is inevitable." He paused for emphasis on this point. "You don't want to be alone. Believe me, I understand this well. But your desperation caused you to overlook another option. Bringing other people here. As often as you like, and by their own will instead of being forced."

"Like me, no one seemed to know that this temple existed down here. And when someone did happen to come near, you sent them away like my friends. If you don't want to be alone, then let people come and go. I guarantee they'll be happy to visit if they don't feel threatened. And I have many among my group that would likely wish to speak with you. Just from talking for a short while with you, I've heard about events that I guarantee no one else outside of this temple knows, and they'd wish for nothing more than to hear about it. And likewise you can learn about the world through them. Also, people gathering at a temple is the purpose of a temple, isn't it?"

Fred then exhaled and plopped to the floor, sitting where he'd once stood. "But if you prefer keeping me here, I don't think there's much I can do. I just think it's the wrong choice, and I don't think remaining here for so long is what the goddess wanted when she bought me to this world. I've been told by everyone around me that I'm supposed to help people all across this land, despite my lack of strength. So if you want to keep me here, my only request beyond basic needs is that you teach me and help me get stronger. And I'd like to be able to at least let my friends know that I'm ok, too. Is that possible with magic?"
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Linwelin

[info]Requested Diplomacy Checks
[blockquote]Change Attitude:  1d20+8 : 5 + 8, total 13[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Make Request:  1d20+8 : 8 + 8, total 16[/blockquote][/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

Section 1 - Crystal Temple
Day 9 - Late Afternoon

[info]Diplomacy (Change Attitude): 13[/info]

The small creature fluttered about and around you, and as you spoke she continued to eye you almost dangerously, the corners of her mouth edging upwards in an amused smile. She listened patiently, but she seemed more fascinated with hearing you speak, and looking at you, than anything you were specifically saying.

[info]Diplomacy (Make Request): 16[/info]

"Perhaps that may indeed be true. But who would be willing to visit us? We're underground, away from people. Hearing you and the other humans make your way here, we let our habits get to us, and simply drive you away with magic. It is such and in this way that our temple to the goddess has been left untouched for so long. Away and untouched, where only all manner of beasts deign to visit."

"If we were to let thee go, how would we know you are to come back, Fred? Or keep thy promise? You are a blessed of course. But ever do we know the goddess being one of her servants. Her true servants. Truly we know she is no saint. Promises the goddess of light may grant, but never keep. Gifts that may seem at first to be given out of benevolence instead are revealed to be out of convenience. And one day, one may even be left alone, forgotten, underground, gone from the memories of others, buried deep in an ancient temple."

"No, Fred. We desire what you can give now. Instead... Tell us a story... A story about where you came from. Or about yourself. Or even those humans you brought along. It matters not. And afterwards... you shall take us to see others."

Linwelin

[info]Requested rolls for missed diplomacy prompts.
Help me get stronger
[blockquote]Diplomacy:  1d20+8 : 18 + 8, total 26[/blockquote]

Let me talk with my friends
[blockquote]Diplomacy:  1d20+8 : 7 + 8, total 15[/blockquote][/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

"Hmm... very well. We shall train you. Perhaps that will be entertaining in itself. As for contacting thy friends, they are still under our enchantment, tis would be a simple matter to tell them that you're fine here just the way you are."

Linwelin

Quote from: Throndir on May 01, 2021, 11:12:29 PM
"No, Fred. We desire what you can give now. Instead... Tell us a story... A story about where you came from. Or about yourself. Or even those humans you brought along. It matters not. And afterwards... you shall take us to see others."

"Fine." Fred says defeatedly. "But I want to discuss this more later. As I said, keeping a single being as entertainment is not a solution for your concerns and fears."

"So, a story, is it? I don't know much of this world, as I've only been here for a week or two. What kind of tale would you like to hear about my old world? I have a lot to tell, as I spent years observing it. I could tell of the environment, the communities, the way of life...what do you find interesting?"

Quote from: Throndir on May 29, 2021, 05:44:12 PM
"Hmm... very well. We shall train you. Perhaps that will be entertaining in itself. As for contacting thy friends, they are still under our enchantment, tis would be a simple matter to tell them that you're fine here just the way you are."

Fred sighs with some relief, having finally gotten through to her in some way. "Thank you, Moonarianasoletteagem. My greatest concern is that I won't grow strong enough, fast enough, to protect those I want to protect. Any skills you can share would be appreciated."

Fred smiles, though a little nervously, as he thinks to himself. I'm concerned with the way she said that my friends are still enchanted, and that she'll tell them I'm fine here...there's no time limit to that. I would argue, but I don't believe she's in the mood for debating that. Hopefully I can convince her later.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

"Hearing about anything and everything. Your time before you were a hero, your time after. It has been awhile since we've heard voices other than our own, listening to yours would be pleasant."

[info]If you proceed to tell her stories, you can choose to dictate what if you'd like. Roll a Perform (oratory), or just regular performance, if you do for how well you retell.[/info]

"You shall tell your stories first, then we shall train."