[Mechanic] Initiative/Order of Turns

Started by Throndir, April 25, 2012, 12:53:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

We'll only be using Initiative if I feel everyone's active enough. I'll outline how it will go exactly in this thread.

At the beginning of a round, I will roll

• Initiative for NPC allies (separate roll for each)
  • Initiative for NPC enemies (rolls for each group, or each enemy if there's only a few)
This will let me know the order of turns in relation to DM-controlled characters. (NPC Allies and NPC Enemies). Note that players don't have to roll initiative. The "initiative" is the Player's Initiative of going on the forums and posting...

After my first set of rolls, I will then roll

• 1d20 for the players
  • 1d20 for each group of enemies (or individual depending on the number).
This second set of rolls is for me to decide whether to have the enemies take their turns immediately at the start of a round, or right before the round ends.

Note that NPC allies aren't included in this second round of rolls. This is because I'll make the NPC allies post in relation to the initiative rolls in the first set of rolling. If there's some ambiguity on the order of posts, I will just make the NPC allies post in the way that will most benefit the party. (Mimicking the Players Initiative).

However please note, that regardless of the results of the rolls. You, as the player, may post any time you would like. As in, if you're active enough, and stalk the forums enough, you can very well always take the first turn in a round.

But please note, if you a player takes more than 1 turn in a round, the next round automatically goes forth without waiting for other players. BUT enemies will take their missing turns. Which in effect will let enemies take two turns. So it's not entirely recommended to keep taking your turn unless the round is over and unless you think the fight is easy enough.

If this confuses you, don't worry about it. :) Just post as often as you like.