[Side Job] Fire and Steel

Started by pringerbeam, February 20, 2019, 04:45:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oath

Jing walks in the bar, looking for anyone that seems like they'd be packing, before posting up at the bar itself and ordering a drink. Closer to the meeting time he sends a message.

[info] Flea >> You here?[/info]

pringerbeam

You enter the bar to find it mostly empty.  The bartender, a troll with old bulky cyberware running up her neck and under her skin, sits behind the bar with a cable running from her cyberware into a console behind the bar.  A small rotodrone buzzes around the scattered patrons with a serving tray dropping off drinks or picking up empty glasses.  The patrons themselves all look to be made of tough stuff and all openly carry guns, most of them also have cyberware implanted onto their spines of varying degrees of quality.  You get a lot of looks as you post up at the bar and the bartender sets your drink down in front of you.  She stands with her hands on the bar in front of you as you take your first sip.  "What brings you into our fair establishment?  You don't look familiar and you definitely aren't a flyboy."  You don't get an immediate reply from your contact.

Oath

Jing sipped his drink and set it down, surprised that anyone would want to talk to him. "I'm new to the area, trying to see where I can find a good drink. I've found that sometimes you find the best drinks in places you wouldn't normally fit in."

pringerbeam

The bartender gives you a look of suspicion.  "Oh yeah?  Well as long as you two don't cause trouble we won't have a problem."  She leans back from the bar and returns to absentmindedly cleaning glasses.  It's a few more minutes before the door to the bar opens again and an ork with a matte black cyberskull patterned with a Day of the Dead skull for a face comes in.  He quickly looks around before coming over to the bar where you are.  "I'm guessing you're Flea?  Who's this?"  He asks looking at Valkyrie.

Oath

"Yeah, I'm Flea. She's Valkyrie. Heard about our arrangement and wanted to get a look at the quality of your goods, future sales, chummer. I have the agreed upon payment but I'm guessing you'd like to move somewhere that isn't in the middle of the bar?"

Jing was hoping that his contact would be reasonable,

pringerbeam

"Nah, I'm good right here.  Berg has this amazing ability to keep people honest, 'aint that right babe?"  He said as he pulled his sling bag around to his front.  The bartender replied with a "Fuck you Des" without looking up from her work.  DesKhul dug around in his sling for a second before pulling out a worn grocery bag of inhalers which he dropped on the bar with a clatter.  "So I got 22 poppers here.  Let's call it an even 1200 nuyen for the lot."

Oath

"Seems fair to me. I'll stay in contact." Jing procures his credsticks and hands them to DesKhul.

pringerbeam

"Deal."  Says DesKhul as he pushes the plastic bag across the bar towards you as he pockets the credsticks with his other hand.  "So now that business is over... What you need the nitro for?  You got a job lined up?"  He asked as he picked up his newly arrived drink.

Oath

A mixture between business and pleasure." Jing pulled the plastic  bag closer to him and gave a quick glance in the bag. "Come by stuff like this often?"

pringerbeam

"Eh, comes and goes.  I actually just got that stuff in a trade for some of my other product with some guy.  I'm a merchant smuggler by trade.  You know, buy low sell high someplace else.  Been running the Southern border into CalFree for the past couple months but I'm thinking of heading off to Manhattan next, its a big trip but word is if you can get past their security they'll pay a premium for whatever you've got.  Normally I'm not big on bartering but I'm in town for a few weeks while I look at what I can haul so I had the chance to drop it for fuel costs."  DesKhul swipes a beer off the top of the serving drone as it floats near him and cracks it open.  "If you ever need a ride let me know and I'll see if I can swing it.  My rates are pretty good and I haven't been shot down yet!"  He winks with the closing of an iris diaphragm while he sucks down on his beer.

Oath

"I'll keep that in mind if I ever need to catch a ride. If you're not gonna be around, what would you think the 'introductory fee' you mentioned would be for your supplier?"

pringerbeam

"Normally I'd charge a 1k introductory fee but since you're already a loyal customer as of twenty seconds ago I'm willing to give you my supplier for 500 nuyen.  You still need more?  You know it's not a great idea to go to nitrotown too fast right?  Shit packs a doozy when it wears off.  But hey, who am I to judge?"  He says as he shrugs.

Oath

Jing laughed. "Think of the introduction as networking. Sometimes its about who you know and not what you know. Sounds like a good deal to me."

pringerbeam

"I guess that's kinda true.  Got the nitro from a guy by the name of Karl Abbot.  He's a low level fixer that works out of Dante's Inferno.  I'm not sure where he goes in the daytime, sleeping probably since he's there from open to close."  DesKhul takes another drink of beer and smacks his synthetic lips.  "Ah...  Not sure how but he's got a private booth.  He must be connected with someone in management at the club or maybe he slings them some nose candy for the booth.  Shouldn't be too hard to find." 

Oath

"Thanks for the info. I'll have to pay Karl a visit sometime. I hope that your current ventures go well. Next time you're in town we should grab a drink." Jing was curious if Karl would be the man they were looking for, or if it would be a false lead. Either way, it seems that meeting up with his mysterious matrix man would pay off in the future.