[Side Job] Young Blood

Started by pringerbeam, February 26, 2019, 12:52:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pringerbeam

August 5th, Wednesday, 5:07 pm

A message pings on your comlink.  The sender: Asrian Talshra.  His claim to fame: being the local leader of the Ancient's home chapter.  Someone that you know well.

QuoteAsrian: Hey Zephyr, I have a problem I need your help with.  Do a buddy a favor?  It pays.  I'm at Anarchy's Reign in my usual private room in back.

He was referring to the bar that acts as one of the gang's money laundering operations and the big meetup point for the gangers.  Asrian often uses it as one of his places to hold court when he isn't directly working business.

Mysticsage

[info]> Zephyr: Hey brother, I'm headed over there now. Is this a problem where I should bring some extra muscle?  [/info]

Zephyr hops in a cab and heads off to the bar getting out a little distance away for the sake of surveillance. He is armed but has the safety on as he walks into the bar with his usual smile beaming at the bouncer as he enters.

pringerbeam

QuoteAsrian: Up to you.  Things shoudn't get too hairy.  Just make sure they don't cause a scene.  I've had enough of bar fights for now.  I'll explain when you get here.

The cab drops you off in front of the bar, leaving you to weave your way between the rows and rows of motorcycles.  The sidewalk is packed with elven gangers, easily identified by the neon green anarchy 'A' symbol patches and lights on their jackets, smaller versions of the giant glowing one that makes the most distinctive component of the bar's sign, or by one of their many tattoos.  Neon green being the gang's trademark color, it crops up on everything from hair color to motorcycle neons and despite the sun still being in full blaze, you feel like everything has the slightest green tint from all the glow. 
     No one hassles you as you make your way into the bar's crowded main room which houses a similar clientele to the sidewalk, all elves, all sporting neon green gang accessories.  The noise of chatter and laughter practically drowns out the metal music undercurrent that plays while gangers in the back appear to be playing a game of darts using switchblades for substitutes, others crowd the bar, tables, and the lone pool table.

Mysticsage

Zephyr goes up to the private back door and knocks with 3 long knocks. "A its Z," Assuming he gets confirmation he will enter the backroom.

pringerbeam

Asrian call you in with a simple "Come in" and you enter the private room.  The room is well insulated and the rowdy noise of the bar quickly turns to a low whisper as the door closes behind you.  The room is furnished with couches, chairs, a coffee table and a trid display currently showing what looks like last night's combat biking match.  Asrian is sitting on the couch with the coffee table in front of it and around which all the other furniture is organized, comlink in one hand and beer in the other as he watches the trid.  As you come in he mutes the match and motions you to take a seat.
     "Hey, glad you could make it.  Drink?"  He says as he leans back into the couch and pointing to the bowl of ice with beers chilling in it on the coffee table.  "How's shit going?  I heard you took a hit on your last job and that's why you were looking for work the other week.  You know I could have loaned you the scratch right?  Friends and family discount too."

Mysticsage

"Anytime man," Zephyr said as he sat down across from Asiran waving off the offer for a drink as he did so. "Life's been good man, I did take a hit on a job, but you know that is always a risk when dealing with an unknown Johnson and a newish fixer. I didn't want to burn bridges so I took the hit."

At the mention of money, Zephyr waved the offer off even more vehemently than the offer for a drink. "I really appreciate the offer A, but there is the saying that borrowing money from family only breeds bad blood. You are like a brother to me man and I had everything I needed with a little extra effort for the month."

"Speaking about work, what can I help you with?"
[/color]

pringerbeam

"Whatever you say.  I can at least pay you for this job, should go a ways to making rent."  He replies as he takes a swig of beer before continuing.  "I need you to find one of my boys.  Last night some of my guys got in a bar fight and one of them died.  It happens, we lose a lot of our new members that think the patch makes them invincible.  Under normal circumstances I'd have a posse rounded up to go beat the shit out of the offending bar brawler and get enough money out of them for a funeral and ongoing reparations but the brawler in question is made with the Italians.  I can't have beef with them so I ordered my boys to drop it and move on but one of them didn't.  Now he's not at his apartment or answering his com and left pissed and looking for a fight.  I need you to bring him in before he does something more stupid than refusing a direct order from me."

Mysticsage

"Foward me his commlink code I might know a decker who can track it. Also, toss me any details you have about your boy. At the very least I should be able to find him using his astral signature if he is that pissed. Send me the bar address, and I can start from there." Zephyr paused for a moment as he made an inventory in his head.

"Does this hot rod know that his target is connected? If he does he may try to go for larger firepower to make a point. I would call your contacts to ask if he has stopped by for extra lead and try to blacklist him for the time being just to cover your ass."

"Do you think he knows where to hit the target personally or would he be stupid enough to step to an Italian outpost? "

Zephyr will send a note to Joe as they talk. "Oh, and what are you thinking for pay?"

[info]>Zephyr: Hey you got a few hours I have a job for you. Simple track and retrieve of a stupid kid with an itchy trigger finger. The goal is to grab him before he ends up geeked.  [/info]

pringerbeam

"His name's Sam Shaeun, here's his comcode and the bar."  He says as he works his com to send you an ARO with the information.  "He knows the guy is made from when I told him to drop it and I've told all my guys to bag him if he shows up anywhere we keep the guns.  He's gone off the reservation so if he's going to get a gun he'll need to go outside the gang for it.  I don't know how much he knows about the mafioso but his stupidity apparently knows no bounds if he dares to ignore me."  He cracks his knuckles for emphasis.  "As for pay, two grand is what I was thinking."

Mysticsage

"The pay sounds good," Zephyr paused "When you told Sam to drop the matter where did you do it? And who was the poor fool who got geeked? I want to see if I can track him in the astral and knowing spirits I might be able to get some help if your chummer is still floating around."

pringerbeam

"I called him on his com and he hung up on me.  As for where I was: right here earlier today.  Dunno where he was himself.  As for the guy that died his name was Leo Vara."

Oath

[info] Flea > I can probably spare some time. We got any info to go on? [/info]

Mysticsage

"I'll let you know how it goes and bring you back your boy in one piece." Zephyr smiled.

[info]> Zephyr: I've got a commlink code, the pup's name, who his target works for and a place to start looking. Mind picking me up? Just pull up a block away and don't get out of the van. I would split the 2000 nuyen with you to help me keep this clean.
[/info]

pringerbeam

"Thanks, you can rough him up a little if he needs that kind of persuasion, he's got it coming, but make sure he gets here alive.  I don't want anymore of my guys dead.  Need anything else before you go?"

Oath

[info] Flea > Sure thing, chummer. I'll see ya in a bit, we can figure out some further details in the van. Lots of good things happen in vans.[/info]