[Side Job] Fire and Steel

Started by pringerbeam, February 20, 2019, 04:45:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oath

Jing walks out of the bathroom, drying his hair with a towel. "What's the plan? Since you found the job, I assume it is gonna be wet work."

Asta

"More or less." Anahera answered and pulled a pack of Hao Mao brand cigarettes from her jacket pocket, packed them, and pulled one out of the pack with her mouth. She lit it, took a drag and settled into a nearby chair.

"Contact of mine has some Nitro gone missing. Wanted me to take a look for it. Says its some group of new gangers from around Cal-free, but also suspects it was someone in her own group. Doesn't matter to me either way since shes doing her own investigating and just wants her drugs back. Simple job, go out and find whats left then bring it back."

She took another drag.

"Pays three-kay plus bonus for however much we bring back, so we'll probably wanna do some digging. I figure while we're looking, if we can bash any info out of one of those limp-dicks that might be worth a little extra too. Or, you know, if they were dumb enough to leave a data trail you could sniff it out that way. I don't really see a way of getting it done without making a few bodies though."

Oath

"Looking for some missing drugs? I doubt they'll leave much of a data trail but I can check some of my sources to see if there's been any chatter about a large amount of nitro that's gone missing. Might end up being the kind of job where meatspace holds the answers though. I assume she wants us to get this taken care of as soon as possible?"

Asta

"Sooner rather than later I assume. I don't think they'll be dumb enough to go around bragging about it, but you never know where the shit will turn up. Could need to knock out a few cameras or lock up some ganger's arm if they got anyone chromed out."

She took one last long drag on her cigarette and stubbed out the butt on the bottom of her boot.

"I'm gonna go give Bob a call, see if he's noticed anyone new selling Nitro. Lemme know if you dig up anything then we'll compare leads. Hopefully this won't take more than a night."

She got up to leave the room and make a call to Bob.

[info]Giving Crackhead Bob a call.[/info]

pringerbeam

After a few rings Bob picks and while you can't make out the words there appears to be some kind of loud argument going on in the background..  "Hey Big Girl, what's...  Hold up...  SHUT THE FUCK UP I'M TRY'IN TO-"  Bob's sentence is cut short by a loud smack and a clatter.  The line is still active though and you hear the sounds of distant incomprehensible yelling and the occasional smashing glass for at least a minute before it dies down and you hear what you assume to be the comlink being picked up and Bob resumes his greeting.  "Hey Big Girl, what's up?"

Asta

Anahera smirked listening to the chaos going on wherever Bob might be. It was never a dull moment.

"Not much, working a job right now and was wondering if you might have some related info. You hear about any new players in town slinging a whole lot of Nitro these days? Would be pretty recent."

pringerbeam

"Awwww shit some fresh nitro on the streets?  Shit I'd tell you if I knew but I don't think I've heard anything.  But I think some of the guys I know might.  Meet me outside Troll Town and I'll see if anyone knows anything."

Oath

"Yeah, I'll see what I can do."

Jing goes to scan jackpoint and if he doesn't find anything about some nitro around town, he writes his own post.

[info] matrix search, computer + int. 10 dice

[blockquote]Rolled 10d6 : 6, 2, 4, 3, 4, 4, 5, 1, 3, 5, total 37[/blockquote]
[/info]

Asta

"Aight, I'll be over there in a while. Make sure you keep an eye out for weird shit. Can't have my favorite tweaker getting geeked."

When the conversation with Bob was concluded, she came back to the room Jing was in and watched him for a moment as he fiddled with his deck. When it seemed like there was a moment between his digital ministrations she made a comment: "Heading over to Troll Town to meet Bob. He doesn't know anything but he's gonna ask around and told me to meet him there. If I run into anything unpleasant I'll let you know."

[info]When things are done at the house, Anahera will head over to Troll Town on her bike, taking everything she took along when she went to meet Sam as well as packing her ballistics mask and two hits of Novacoke. She's not in a hurry to get there so Bob has time to talk to his people.[/info]

pringerbeam

Flea

You post up your thread in Jackpoint and after about 20 minutes you get a reply.

QuoteDesKhul>>  you looking for some nitro? i can hook you up

[info]Matrix Search
     After a quick 15 minutes searching Jackpoint you are unable to find anything about the hit or the status of the nitro.
[/info]

Valkyrie
Troll Town, 12:56 pm
     You make it to Troll Town without incident and arrive at the same entrance you used the other week.  Homeless line the concrete walls that funnel the large crowds of people in and out of the slum.  Among these homeless is Bob, who spots you and leaps up from the dirty cardboard he was sitting on.  "Hey Big Girl!  You got anything on you?"  He asks as he bounces over to you.

Asta

"Of course, one good turn deserves another right?" she says, tossing Bob a little baggy with a hit of Nova.

"You learn anything about that Nitro?"

pringerbeam

Bob catches the baggie and motions for you to come follow him as he turns to enter Troll Town.  As you start walking he pours out the contents of the bag onto the back of his hand and expertly forms it into a line which he snorts.  "Yeah so I was haggli- asking around for you when this guy says he's got an in on some fresh nitro." He explains as you wind your way through the dense market just inside the entrance, stopping in front of a stall manned by a human in a long armored trench coat with implanted shades and accompanied by a troll with a shotgun.  The two both look you over before the human replies.  "Look Bob, I told you I'm not going to trade a quickie with you or your friend here for a hit.  Its cold hard nuyen or you fuck back off.  No offense lady, but I have a business to run here."  The troll adjusts his stance, looking ready to bash Bob with the stock of his gun, and looks over to his partner to await the word.

Asta

Anahera makes a mental note about the location of the stall, then raises her hands slowly gesturing she's not looking for trouble.

"None taken chummer, I don't think I'm your type anyway. I was lookin' to make a buy but all I got on me is digital, you guys dealing here for a while? Nitro's hard to come by so I don't wanna pass this up." she said with a slight drawl, stretching the vowels a bit as she spoke.

[info]For clarification or I guess character knowledge, is the stall attached to any kind of building? Like somewhere that they may be keeping a stockpile in etc.[/info]

pringerbeam

"Don't worry about it being hard to come by, I have a source.  I'm out right now but if you come back tomorrow I'll have plenty of nitro for sale.  I'll be here until six if there is anything else you're looking to buy later but then we have other business to attend to."

The stall is defined by tarps hung from the ceiling to separate it from its neighbors and is otherwise rather barren, just the dealer sitting on a stool next to a large munitions crate made unusual in that it appears to have a bulky fingerprint scanner next to its lock.  There does not appear to be a backroom.  The back wall appears to be made of the same welded together scrap that makes up most of the labyrinthine walls of Troll Town.

Asta

"Good to know, I'll come by tomorrow then yeah? 'Bout time someone started selling on the reg." she said, nodding to the human and his partner. Before she turned to leave she tried to catch a glimpse of anything the gangers were wearing to identify their affiliation.

She clapped Bob on the back as she started to leave, attempting to get him to come with her. "C'mon man, I'll get you some of that good shit tomorrow when I come back."

After putting significant distance between themselves and the gangers, she pulled the remaining baggy of Nova from inside her coat and waggled it within Bob's field of vision. "Got another bump for you if you can find out where those guys go when they leave. Don't get spotted."

[info]Perception for looking at the gangers, if needed.
[blockquote]Rolled 6d6 : 3, 6, 2, 3, 2, 3, total 19[/blockquote][/info]