Re: Cayne's Deck of Cards (Identification Services)

Started by Linwelin, March 24, 2015, 11:48:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linwelin

"Hey, old man Cayne!" Kin calls as he walks into the rather creepy shop unfazed, only this time a little girl was in tow. "I found this while out on the job, could you tell me what it does?" And with that request, Kin sides the rather large glaive he'd walked in with onto the counter for inspection. "I've no actual need for it, but if it sound interesting I may keep it. Otherwise, it's going to help fund our trip south. And no, it's not a vacation, it's business." Kin almost hung his head dejectedly. How long HAD it been since he went out on vacation?

[spoiler]Identifying and maybe selling the glaive from the troll cave. If I can get a bette price at a weapon shop, I'll sell it there, since I have a dagger to sell, too.[/spoiler]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Throndir

"Fate has been kind to you, for you bring yet another piece of history to be discovered!" The old man said as he began to examine the glaive. Like his usual practices, he spent some time muttering spells, as well as looking into a large book. Eventually however, he completed handing the weapon back to Kin.

QuoteGo ahead and remove 100 coins, and add in a:

Vicious Glaive +1

Vicious
Price +1 bonus
Aura moderate necromancy; CL 9th; Weight ?

DESCRIPTION

This special ability can only be placed on melee weapons.

When a vicious weapon strikes an opponent, it creates a flash of disruptive energy that resonates between the opponent and the wielder. This energy deals an extra 2d6 points of damage to the opponent and 1d6 points of damage to the wielder.

CONSTRUCTION REQUIREMENTS

Craft Magic Arms and Armor, enervation; Cost +1 bonus

Anastasia Sheel

As the old man worked, Anastasia kept peering out from behind Kin watching with intensity and curiosity. Her gaze was locked on to the old man, never blinking, did she continue to examine his movements and actions. Her clutch on Kin's shirt was tighter than usual as she continued her intense stare.

Finally, the little girl broke the silence.

"Why is his chin hair... so grey and long?"

Linwelin

"A vicious weapon? Too risky, even for me. Thanks for the trouble, old man." As he was giving a farewell, he saw Cayne not looking to him, but at Anastasia. Following his gaze, he saw Ana returning the look with one of her own, ceaselessly examining the man. "Ana, what's wrong"

Quote"Why is his chin hair... so grey and long?"

"..." Kin was taken off-guard, silent for a moment before looking to the old man. Finally, he reacted.

"B-Bahahahahahahaha!"

The halfling couldn't control his laughter from the random observation. "Haha...haaa, whew, was that all?" He said, wiping tears from his eyes. "That's what happens to hair when you get old, Ana. As for the length, well, that's his choice. I think it suits him." He says with an approving nod.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Ella

Callista Fae

Once again, here she was. Hovering just outside the door to the old man's shop. She had this bag of powder that she had been holding on to for a while now that she wanted properly identified. It could be a variety of things... It could be explosion powder! Or it could be poison powder! Or... it could be some awesome hallucinogens. Man... it had been a while since she had last found some good mushrooms. Not the kind that could be altered into faerie clothes, mind you. Those were easy to find. She was thinking of the real deal ones that sold for a pretty copper... or silver... or gold or two. Not that they couldn't be made into clothing. But you had to be pretty weird to want to wear that stuff.

Did she have anything else she needed checked? Callista rummaged through her bag of holding, just in case. Coming across a papery bag, she could not remember putting in there. Pulling it out and opening it up, she found a creepy, fleshy mask. 'Ewwwwwwwwwwwww.'

Flinging the door open, the faerie flew up to the man, nearly cramming the bag in his face. "Guy! I need you to tell me what this nasty creepy thing is, who made it, and where I can find them so I can turn them in for murder! Who would do such a thing in the first place?! Its gross! If I wanted to wear somebody else's face, I would do a much better job at preserving it and making it look like it was an actual face. Who would wear this?! Would you wear this?" Cayne certainly had a creepy enough aura about him...

Finally dropping the bag so he could properly examine it, Callista pulled out the bag of powder. "I also need to know what this is. If its hallucinogens, you better not think you can sneak some. I know exactly how much that stuff weighs."

[spoiler]Fully identifying both objects. Bag of powder (1031) & Mask (1040)[/spoiler]

Throndir

The old man's eyes looked darkly at the mask, and he either decided immediately what it was as he moved on to the next item. He peered closely at the bag, opening it as he saw the powder. Dipping a finger in, he sniffed it, and immediately sneezed. Luckily the bag was closed.

He pushed back the items to you.

"A mask to disguise, and powder to make anyone sneeze..."

QuoteNote prices below are not the prices we have in the guild setting

Mask, Stalker's
Aura faint illusion; CL 5th
Slot head; Price 3,500 gp; Weight 1 lb.

DESCRIPTION

Preserved sections harvested from several different human faces cover this mask.

When worn, the mask desaturates the wearer's color, making him appear shadowy and granting a +5 competence bonus on Stealth checks. Once per day as a full-round action, the wearer can cause the mask's features to take on the appearance of any creature of the wearer's basic size and shape within 60 feet that he observes, allowing the wearer to adopt that creature's appearance for 1 hour. This grants him a +10 bonus on Disguise checks made to appear as the creature. The mask also grants the wearer a +1 bonus on attack rolls and weapon damage rolls made against the creature he is disguised as, as the mask builds upon the wearer's rage and jealousy of the target's appearance.

CONSTRUCTION REQUIREMENTS

Craft Wondrous Item, disguise self, rage; Cost 1,750 gp.

Dust of Sneezing and Choking
This fine dust appears to be dust of appearance. If cast into the air, it causes those within a 20-foot spread to fall into fits of sneezing and coughing. Those failing a DC 15 Fortitude save take 2d6 points of Constitution damage immediately. In addition, those failing a second DC 15 Fortitude save 1 minute later are dealt 1d6 points of Constitution damage. Those who succeed on either saving throw are nonetheless disabled by choking (treat as stunned) for 5d4 rounds.

Faint conjuration; CL 7th; Craft Wondrous Item, poison; Price 2,400 gp.

Ella

Callista Fae

"You didn't say who made it and where I can find them." Callista said as she pointed at the mask. Normally, she would be all for an item that could do such cool things, but this was just gross and unnatural. Very unnatural. Why would anyone wear something made up of parts of people's faces?

She quickly scooped up the powder. It would be very useful some day.

Throndir

The old man grimaced at the fairy's question.

"An assassin around these parts a couple years ago. Made a name for himself he did, until he was taken in. That mask was said to have been lost they did! But great mysteries must have been with us for now they are found."

Oath

Ryine walked into the store, a bag over his shoulder. He approached the counter with the old man behind it. "Hello there Cayne, it's been a while." He rumaged through the bag for a moment, before pulling out a fan and a potion of some sort. "I've recently received these items as gifts, but their purpose confounds me. I'd like for you to let me know what they do." Ryine set the items on the counter, and laughed about his own ineptitude, awaiting for the results of Cayne's inspection.

Throndir

"I know you! Yes! This morning, the great perils have whispered and foretell of your impending doom!" He said mysteriously as he came forward, grabbing the items, and looking over them.

"Or may have been bad gas."

He picked up the potion first, examining it intently as he swirled it around. He poured a drop on his finger then, licking it.

"Strawberry flavored. With a hint of... almonds." A moment later his eyes lighted up. "This will make the imbiber fall in love with the first person he or she sees."

He moved on to the wind fan next. At that, he pulled out large volume as he went through it. Finally he stopped at one entry. He looked at the item curiously, then without warning spoke a word.

"Wind!" With that a gust of wind blew forth from the fan as leaflets of his book flew into the air, and various equipment fell. The gust only lasted a few more seconds, but after that he was satisfied.

QuotePlease update your sheet. Note, the prices listed is not what's used for the guild setting. Ryine receives:

Wind Fan
A wind fan appears to be nothing more than a wood and papyrus or cloth instrument with which to create a cooling breeze. By uttering the command word, its possessor causes the fan to generate air movement duplicating a gust of wind spell. The fan can be used once per day with no risk. If it is used more frequently, there is a 20% cumulative chance per usage during that day that the device tears into useless, nonmagical tatters.

Faint evocation; CL 5th; Craft Wondrous Item, gust of wind; Price 5,500 gp.

Elixir of Love
Aura faint enchantment; CL 4th

Slot —; Price 150 gp; Weight —

Description
This sweet-tasting liquid causes the character drinking it to become enraptured with the first creature she sees after consuming the draft (as charm person—the drinker must be a humanoid of Medium or smaller size, Will DC 14 negates). The charm effect wears off in 1d3 hours.

Construction Requirements
Craft Wondrous Item, charm person; Cost 75 gp

Oath

"I'll just hope that it is some sort of bad gas." Ryine spoke with a chuckle. Ryine blushed slightly, hearing that the potion in his possession was an Elixir of Love, and looked on in awe as the old man shouted "Wind!" and wind indeed did come. "I never knew that objects could understand human speech as well, this is quite the revelation."

Ryine looked back and forth before gathering his items up. "Thanks again Cayne, perhaps we will be seeing each other soon." He slung his bag back over his shoulder, and waved to Cayne as he left the shop.

Throndir