Hooks Skyship Express [To China]

Started by Burdenking, June 24, 2015, 02:38:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burdenking

The Group finds them selves on the golden deck of one of the many skyships under the employ of Captain hook. While the Captain wasn't here on this ship, it was still manned by one of his original crew, a reward to him for his years of service and loyalty. The deck was full of activity, many of the pirates moving through the ship performing their jobs, some flying up to high places thanks to the abundance of Pixie dust they had with them.

The group, coming from wherever they wished to be from, had somehow found themselves on this ship, and were now heading straight for china. Weather this was to over throw the King there, or to accomplish some more selfish desire, it was up to them. It would be an hour before they tocued down in the proper sky dock, the landscape underneath them flying by slowly as the ship stayed above the clouds, to avoid any possible Mongol ambushes that would seek to sink the skyship.

kai927

Lysistrata darted up and down the deck of the skyship. She had never been on one before, never flew without the aid of her wings before. Her curiosity unbound, she dashes about the ship, generally getting in the way of the crew as she tries to see everything at once.

Mumble Dragon

Time: Unknown, probably about midday to late afternoon I'd say.
Place: Hook's Airship

"There I was, finding myself over underneath one of those overhangs on the observation deck. Like a thief in the night, I found myself staking out a suspiciously wonderful patch of shade to keep my fragile physique out of the baking sun, less you want yourself a baked bird.

I kicked back in a chair small enough for animals of my stature. Feet splayed out, wing span stretched behind my head. I put on the guise of a perfectly relaxed tourist as I set out on observing the observers. Chewing on a bird sized cigar, I switched over to inspection mode as I checked out the scene before me. The service on this ship was average at best, though I found myself being a bit fancy toward one of the sweet service-ladies that seemed to start patrolling my side of the deck more and more frequently. She would always be there when the drinks were running low, and I'd thank her with that age old wink that wins over all the ladies. Though, she was more than just a cute smile walking by, I could tell she was distressed like the rest of us nomadic creatures. I could assume that she was also on the run from her homeland, taking to the skies to put as much distance between bad memories like a shot in the dark."

Scooter found himself leaning farther back in his chair, quickly losing faith that any of these people would show any promise of anything exciting. Oh what he wouldn't give for something interesting to entertain him for the last hour before they landed.

Throndir

Food! There must be food. Oh glorious food!

This had been floating in Zebi's mind throughout most of the journey, in fact, many times he would go about sneaking around, scavenging for any sorts of food he could find on the flying ship. He had heard their destination was someplace called China, and he wondered if perhaps they had all sorts of tea cups in that far away land.

But what kind of food would a place like China have anyways? Crumpets, cookies, and possibly tea? Zebi at first balked at the idea, but his family at home had never tasted crumpets before. So when the opportunity arouse, that became his first goal.

He licked his lips when he saw someone holding a drink of some sort. Oh, he wanted it.

Burdenking

As these three heroes went about their time on the ship, each with their own interests to pass the time, the crew of the ship were a flurry of activity as they approched the last legs of their journey. The captain looked from his wheel, then began to shout "Alright passengers, gather up your things, we'll be docking soon enough within the hour, and I want you all off my ship as soon as we land. So get ready by the plank for departure." He said, sounding a little annoyed

Mysticsage

Garreth was in the ship's alley it had taken him the better part of three days cleaning off the rust and stains with all kinds of iron wool and hot water. But, now the mess of a kitchen was the cleanest it had looked in ages. His life growing up in his parents restaurant instilled in him a need to be work in a tidy space. He was now enjoying the fruits of his labors by cooking himself a quick meal out of some of the few previsions that he had found on the ship.

His mother always said to start the day off right you needed a proper meal. The teenaged boy wasn't sure powdered eggs and sea biscuits counted, but it was better then nothing. He shoved the feet of a sleeping cook off the table as he went to sit down. The lazy slob had been all to happy to sit and watch the younger man work and normally took the time that Garreth was there to do nothing but pick his nose or widdle little figurines out of wood. Luckily due to habit the crew did not expect much to come out of the Kitchen at meal times, so Garreth or the cook had been making a mixture of soups and easy meals. This morning however the boy was simply eating for himself as one of the deck hands spotted him and gave him the news from the captain.

Throndir

Zebi found the ordeal quite exciting. The clouds. The skies. And the food! Delicious food! But then the captain spoke and Zebi visibly frowned.

He was just starting to enjoy the ride too. He glanced at the others around him, wondering how much baggage or things each of them were carrying. As for the hyena, all he mainly had was a stick, and at the end of it was a sack filled with some of his things (mainly food). Biting one end of the stick, he slung it on his shoulder and back, readying himself for the departure.

The excitable fellow dashed to and fro, heading towards the plank, and eyeing downwards hoping to see a glimpse of their destination. It was still an hour away, but that didn't stop Zebi from getting excited.