Defacement

Started by Throndir, December 26, 2014, 12:24:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

"That Butch!" The team rocket grunt said as he paced back and forth, looking at each of you in return. You know Butch to be one of the senior members of the team, and you knew that this particular team rocket member in front of you always clashed with the man. "He thinks just because he's a senior member he can make fools out of me! It's not my fault those pesky kids and their pikachu got away!"

He stares specifically at you, as if measuring your skill.

"I have a plan. It isn't going to be easy, but I'll pay you pretty well. Yeah, so you guys are with me right? Well of course you are! And I better not hear a single word that one of you snuck behind my back to tell our officer about this. I mean it." From his side he pulled out what looked to be a bucket, it was filled to the brim with some strange goo or slime of some sort.

"It's the... let's say digested food of one of the grimers we keep in the lab. You know, out the other end. Lets dump this and spread it in his room. Bonus points if you think of something worse we can do." He had a sparkle in his eye.

"Since some of your really are new to our squad, here's a map. Not that you need it I hope." He said condescendingly. "There's a couple of rooms from our wing to their wing, and it's best not to make any of the members suspicious. And especially not Butch. He has a habit of hanging out right outside his room, and I haven't heard of him going to a mission for awhile."

"Even used some of our awesome graph paper for this too. So what you guys waiting for?"

QuoteObjective: Ruin Butch's room.
Fail reward: 1 Trainer Exp, $100
Success reward: 1 Trainer Exp, $500

Extra rewards for creativity or good roleplaying.

Linwelin

Empathizing well with the talk of of the grunt, who seemed to be lorded over by this senior member, Corey's thoughts took a turn for the devious. What COULD we do worse...an elitist like that certainly deserves something more... After a moment, his eyes took on a slight sparkle.

"Why not add water once its spread? It'll be harder to clean up and soak into things more easily. And if he's in front of his room, I'll just run by and obviously pickpocket him so he chases me!" Corey wore a wicked grin as he looked around the group, especially at the grunt that proposed the idea. "That way you guys have all the time you need to work. What do you think?"
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Lance

Donning his rocket robe and hat, Aran seemed as if he was a completely different person. A prolonged sigh escaped his lips as his mind went over the events of the day. Academy life wasn't as bad as he thought it would be, but, regardless, he needed time to unwind. Fortunately, towards that end there lay an adequate sacrifice-Butch.

He smiled deviously, completely abandoning his perfect student act, and revealing his true colors for all the world to see. For what reason was there in maintaining such a facade in an organization as sly as Team Rocket? Gone were the caring eyes, tender hands, and comforting words. In its place stood Aran in all his glory-the calculating eyes, the underhanded... hands, and the deceitful words of an ideal Rocket member.

It was even enough to bring a tear in the eye for several passing senior Rocket members. They gave him a pat of encouragement and words of praise as they passed. For truly there was nothing as beautifully insincere or as delightfully wicked as this individual to those too long steeped in the shadows. To them, Aran was more than a mere aspiring new recruit; he embodied their wily ideas, their fraudulent scams, and their sneaky dealings. To them, he was nothing short of a paragon.

And Aran did not like to disappoint. After listening to his soon-to-be-partner-in-crime's suggestion, he couldn't help but suggest a slightly more devious approach. "Surely, we could try it that way. The plan is feasible; there is nothing wrong. We may even succeed simply enough by dumping our payload once Butch was distracted, however..."

Aran smiled, his eyes aglow.

"We are Rocket members. When have we ever been content with simple? Besides, Christmas is fast approaching and we would not make for great juniors if we were to leave our senior without an adequate 'gift.'"

[spoiler=Thus, I propose the following plan:]

"First, I'll head to the Janitorial room to grab my disguise. Then while I'm preparing myself, I'll need someone to stop by the waste disposal and lab storage rooms and... resupply. Once ready, I'll depart for Butch's room and try to openly sneak my way in. The target's an experienced member so the odds are against me, but if I succeed, I'll be relying on the guys outside to keep him distracted while I get to work. Most likely, however, he'll see through the plan and so I'll then lob the grimer muck at him while fleeing at high velocity. That should keep him busy long enough for you guys to get in and equally distribute our 'present' all over his room."

"Regardless of the outcome, once finished vandalizing the room, the culprits should move on to the electronics control room and remain on standby, while the one in charge of distracting draws Butch back into his room. Once in, we'll then use the electronics control room to seal his door and hopefully trap the man inside while he's still surprised, where he can then appreciate his gift in full."
[/spoiler]

"Ah, the spirit of giving. I'm sure he'll be delighted."
"A wish? Okay, genie, make me a ham sandwich."

Burdenking

Oreah Looked as her fellow recruits spoke to each other about their plans, sliding on her mask after she made sure no one was was able to have seen her face. While she had joined team rocket to be part of their operations, she wanted to keep the number of people who knew her face as low as possible.

She then came out from the dressing room and look at everyone else. While her outfit was by far more extravagant then standard rocket gear, she wanted to keep it as both a sign of her culture and as a persona she could rely upon to help her carry out what she would have to do in the future.

She listened to the griping of her fellow rocket about her superior Butch, and she didn't much care for it. However, the idea of testing her limits as a recruit appealed to her. If she knew how far she could go, she could easily use that to her advantage. The plan her fellow rocket recruits were coming up with was coming along nicely, and even she couldn't fault them for their ideas.

She would have voiced her next suggestion, but the thought of maintaining animinity, especially when she saw one of her class mates being one of her allies, surpassing her desire to voice herself. So instead, she simply called out her Abra Soren, and demonstrated his teleporting ability. She moved her hands to draw attention to it, then pointed at the map to indicate including her teleporting abra into the plan in some manner.

She remained quiet, maintaining her persona of Seishin, a name she chose to be called under when she donned the mask she wore now.

Throndir

"That sounds absolutely perfect! Aran was it? Alright I got this Grimer waste. The Waste Disposal room and Lab Storage is just right outside. Let's get the mission started before anyone notices. Everyone know what to do, right?" The Team Rocket grunt grinned as he opened the door.

"Operation: Defacement. Has a nice ring to it." He said offhandedly.

Burdenking

Oreah silently wandered out of the room, Deciding to simply wait for people to get things started. She went over to the intersection of the hallway where their target was standing, leaned on the corner opposite of him, and just began to stare directly at him, hoping to keep his attention on her.

Throndir

Moving out of the room, you see the three immediate doors, and hallway stretching on for both ends. Like the crudely drawn map you had seen earlier, the three rooms next to the one you had just exited from were the lab storage, waste disposal, and lastly the janitorial and rest rooms. There looked to be plenty of other Rocket team members lounging around, some of them talking amongst themselves, not really paying you any particular attention. You see the more senior member Butch at a distance, he was with another Rocket Member you knew as Cassidy.

"Hey newbie, what are you looking at?" Cassidy asked.

Burdenking

Oreah stared at Cassidy from behind her mask, silent as she tilted her head briefly. She then pointed at the two, her movements slow and precise. She then lowered her hand, continuing to stare at the two with her silent gaze. After a couple seconds, she pointed from one to the other, tilted her head, and made a heart shape with her fingers. The tilt of her head was quizzicle, as she had just asked a question about the relationship between the two.

While she honestly didn't care, she wanted to simply distract the two rocket members so her fellow rookies could do their parts of the mission. She also wanted to see how this "Butch" truely was, and see if he really deserved what they had planned to do to him.