Chapter 3: The Swamps of Orcen

Started by Throndir, February 29, 2012, 10:31:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

QuoteSummary of Chapter 3: The Swamps of Orcen
The group had finally arrived in the village of Darkroot only to be greeted by an unfriendly reeve. An orc by the name of Karlaarsh'Thorm. They proceeded to check on Liana Amarir as well as her family; after all the party figured to stay with them until the remainder of their stay. However, as they came upon the Amarir cottage, they realized there must have been some sort of trouble. The garden was ruined, and tell-tale signs of an attempt to hastily fix up the rooms were still visible. Viran, the blood mage of the group, even noted some droplets of blood. Not too long in their search, they found an black obsidian dagger found underneath one of the beds. Arian claimed that these were weapons distributed among the Black Arms, an organization closely tied to the Silver Arms but dealing in more secret affairs, and more than one of the group wondered what kind of trouble the village was in.

After a night's stay, re-cooperating from the tires of the road, they had woken planning out their day to investigate more of what happened or even ask the locals if they've seen anything. As the group prepared to part, a bright flash of light caught their attention as what looked to be a monk appeared before them dazed. The party quickly learned that the monk was connected to their contact Liana Amarir.

However, before they could act, a mob of the townsfolk drove the party away from their town. Apparently, the suspicion of the townsfolk for the newcomers were more than what they originally thought. A plan was quickly devised to infiltrate the town once again, and head for the strange emanations of dark energy Ardeth felt earlier. During the conflict, the group realized that there were some assassins in the crowd, and once they had them subdued, they quickly made their way towards the Chieftan's hut, the direction where Ardeth felt the magic to come from.

With injuries, and a new traveler amongst them, they made their way into the tunnels. Hoping to find their contact Liana Amarir, as well as to solve the mystery of Darkroot.

QuoteSorry that the forums crashed. Hasabushi and I are in the process of reposting everything. In an effort to get the roleplay moving again this will be the new thread. Continue where we have left of.

So far Tebastion, Uthaal, and Ardeth just finished fighting off the cloaked men. The townsfolk are just about to be freed from entangle. The other three from the group are at the chieftan's hut.

To see our old topic visit the the old forums

Throndir

Uthaal
Searching the body you immediately noticed the same amulet you had found in the Amarir cottage. It had an eye symbol. After treating the monk, you were able to remove the toxins from his body.

Throndir

QuoteIf no one posts by tomorrow I'll force the RP along.

Hasabushi

Tebastion rubbed his eyes as he watched the villagers attempts to struggle free of the Druids summoned vines, those that were already free backed away from the fight, it looked as though the desire to be combative had left them altogether.

Taking a few moments the Paladin, checked himself over, although he had managed through divine means to heal most of his physical wounds, the emotional wounds were still fresh... Who would have enough pull to influence an entire village, for that matter why would anyone want to control this area? Tebastion could think of no resource that would be worth all this effort.

He approached Uthaal, who was tending to Haru's wounds. He smiled slightly, "Is the Monk going to be alright?"

Linwelin

Without looking away from Haru, continuing to tend to the wounds, Uthaal replies, "He should be fine. With any luck he can still fight. I would say he needs rest, but our situation is far from ideal."

QuoteI'm pretty sure I took a roll to heal Haru, right? I don't know if it was ever completed though.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Throndir

QuoteIt was, it was a successful heal check.

Hasabushi

Quote"He should be fine. With any luck he can still fight. I would say he needs rest, but our situation is far from ideal."

Tebastion sighed softly, "Good, good."
The Centaur looked around briefly, noticing the guard dead near the hut. He would have liked to have seen how the monk had accomplished this. "Perhaps we should gather the others, this mission isn't over yet."

He paused for a moment, "Any idea why the villagers acted like that, anything your familiar with Uthaal?"

Linwelin

Uthaal looks back to the trapped villagers, "My best guess would be the foul magical energy that's been effecting the plant life here also holds some influence on these people. Increased aggression, or paranoia...If anything, the suggestion could have been planted by these cloaked sentries...There's no way we can narrow down a reason yet, not until this cult is stopped."

Uthaal looks down in his hand at the eye amulet, then turns to Tebastion, "Either way, it's the cultist's fault, take a look at this amulet. It's the same symbol." He motions to the bodies of their foes. "I found it on them." Uthaal pauses shortly, then responds to Teb's earlier idea. "And yes, we should meet up with the stealth force at the hut before the villagers get free, we don't have long."

Helping Haru to his feet, Uthaal begins walking to the hut.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]